The Sun Sets

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sun Sets

Post  Telebiscuit Jen on Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:05 pm

"Huh? We can what?"


Last edited by Telebiscuit Jen on Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Female
Posts : 282
Join date : 2014-09-01
Age : 23
Location : Jacksonville, FL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Bubblez on Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:41 am

Sunburst flinches back a step and her wings begin to flare when Juniper reaches for the bag. When Juniper just pats it Sunburst recovers and takes a half step forward. When Juniper signals her where to go, Sunburst begins to head down the hallway, but looks at Gearick and nods her head down as if to say 'come close'.

OOC:
Once again, sorry 'bout this tangent, hopefully we can get back to interesting stuff
avatar
Bubblez
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Posts : 140
Join date : 2014-08-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  A1C Bronymous on Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:35 am

Sunburst, Gearick:
Juniper follows you down the hall and directs you into Storm's room.

Storm:
Quick Fix leaves the room, heading down the hall in the direction of the sitting room. Thermal's condition doesn't change, and after a moment you can hear hoofsteps approaching from the other direction. Sunburst, Gearick and Juniper all enter the room shortly thereafter. Juniper looks around, and noting a lack of Quick Fix, exits once again, heading in the same direction he did, leaving the three of you alone with the unconscious Thermal.

avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5663
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Columbus, MS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Fury of the Tempest on Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:50 am

Gearick follows after Sunburst and Jupiter, determined to stay near the mare and make sure the doctor didn't do anything more to her. After they returned to Storm's room, and Jupiter left, the unicorn let out a sigh of relief. "Man that mare creeps me out." He said, before turning to Storm and indicating Thermal. "So how's he doing? There's a lot riding on this cure working successfully, so progress would be good." Gearick was fully aware that they were running out of time... Storm included as he was infected a day ago...
avatar
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 4116
Join date : 2012-09-22
Age : 23
Location : ENGLAND!!!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:00 pm

A1C Bronymous wrote:
Dodger, Scales, Penned:
"Alright then, that's one issue settled." Cobalt says, still looking off in the distance trying to understand why the cats had been freaking out. "Well, none of you are coming into the quarantine zone, so I will keep a look out for the kid and this 'Midnight', and return here if I can find them. They," he points at the barricade guards. "Will send word and runners will come find you. Until then, up to you where you look next." "Sergeant, I'd like permission to come in and search with you." "No." "Sir, it's still extremely dangerous in there alone, and I can fly and give you a better eye to search with." "No." "I'm coming in with you, sergeant, for your sake as well as the sake of the foal and everyone else in this town." "That's pretty dumb. Fine, you can come in, but if you get infected YOU get to explain it to the Lieutenant, and hope Braycare covers it." "Yes sergeant." Cobalt sighs, and begins walking away from the barricade. Swallowtail turns to the rest of the group. "If you find the kid, take him to Town Hall, and we'll get back there eventually." He then turns and flaps along with Cobalt into the Quarantine zone.
"Well," said Dodger. "If the young lad is indeed out of the quarantine zone, we're not going to find him by sitting here twiddling our hooves. I was recently at the outskirts, and I did not see him there, but he could easily have moved since we all met up here. Shall we start there and work our way around town?"
avatar
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1775
Join date : 2012-08-09
Age : 24
Location : Yee-Haw County

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Bubblez on Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:55 pm

Sunburst watches Juniper leave. She wanted to talk to Gearick along the way but Juniper was just too close. When Juniper is gone, she relaxes and looks at Gearick and Dr. Storm talking as well as the--she stiffens up when she notices--unconscious pony on the bed. Her jaw clinches for a moment and her ears go flat. Nervously she asks:

"Whats... going on here?"
avatar
Bubblez
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Posts : 140
Join date : 2014-08-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Cardbo on Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:06 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:Gearick follows after Sunburst and Jupiter, determined to stay near the mare and make sure the doctor didn't do anything more to her. After they returned to Storm's room, and Jupiter left, the unicorn let out a sigh of relief. "Man that mare creeps me out." He said, before turning to Storm and indicating Thermal. "So how's he doing? There's a lot riding on this cure working successfully, so progress would be good." Gearick was fully aware that they were running out of time... Storm included as he was infected a day ago...

"It's looking promising. Thermal's vitals are returning to normal, but he's still asleep, so I can't really check if everything's okay until he wakes up."

Bubblez wrote:Sunburst watches Juniper leave. She wanted to talk to Gearick along the way but Juniper was just too close. When Juniper is gone, she relaxes and looks at Gearick and Dr. Storm talking as well as the--she stiffens up when she notices--unconscious pony on the bed. Her jaw clinches for a moment and her ears go flat. Nervously she asks:

"Whats... going on here?"

"This is Thermal, one of the" Storm rears back a little and makes air quotes with his hooves. 'zombie ponies'. I've made a cure that should hopefully return him to normal. Once we've got a proof of concept, I can use the cure on myself, and hopefully mass-produce enough for the rest."
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Jsser23 on Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:20 pm

Brony 7 of 9 wrote:"Well," said Dodger. "If the young lad is indeed out of the quarantine zone, we're not going to find him by sitting here twiddling our hooves. I was recently at the outskirts, and I did not see him there, but he could easily have moved since we all met up here. Shall we start there and work our way around town?"
"Yeah, that sounds like a good idea." said Penned looking to Dodger."Well, let's get moving."

Jsser23
Background Pony
Background Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 62
Join date : 2014-08-22
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Bubblez on Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:19 pm

Sunburst tenses.
"H-Hopefully? You mean you don't- Wait is it even safe?"
avatar
Bubblez
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Posts : 140
Join date : 2014-08-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Cardbo on Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:44 pm

Bubblez wrote:Sunburst tenses.
"H-Hopefully? You mean you don't- Wait is it even safe?"

"I'm pretty sure it is, I'm merely hedging my bets. One can't know what they don't know they don't know, after all."
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  A1C Bronymous on Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:15 am

Dodger, Penned, Scales:
You begin heading away from the checkpoint, and across the town's central area, towards the outskirts. It looks the same as it had been, but thankfully as you head into the main street, there don't seem to be any Pegasi lurking around. In fact, there doesn't seem to be anyone about, the place is quiet. A bird chirping in a tree nearby is kind enough to keep it from being "too quiet", at least, though Penned's cat companion seems willing to make it go away.

OOC:
I'm going to do something a little different here. Instead of having you pick where to go aimlessly, I'll give you a few suggestions, each of which will lead to something different. You can choose one of those to move along quickly, or if you have another idea you can do that and we'll see what happens. The suggested routes:
>To Dodger's house
>To the Pegasi Gang's Hideout
>North, towards the quarantined clinic
>Start searching the nearest back alley

Storm, Sunburst, Gearick:
There is a noise from down the hall in the sitting room, like glass shattering on the floor. Thermal still doesn't wake up.
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5663
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Columbus, MS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Bubblez on Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:58 am

Sunburst scowls. Her voice gets more of an edge to it

"So you just grabbed the nearest-"

She jumps away from the door and spins around when she hears the crash.

"What was that?"

She looks out the door of the room suspiciously (she's still about a meter or 2 inside the room so her view is boxed by the door), listening for any other noises.

Perception:

Sunburst: 1D20+11 => [ 12 ] +11 = 23 #Perception, There's Nothing More Contagious than the Laughter of Ponies



avatar
Bubblez
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Posts : 140
Join date : 2014-08-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Cardbo on Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:20 pm

Bubblez wrote:Sunburst scowls. Her voice gets more of an edge to it

"So you just grabbed the nearest-"

She jumps away from the door and spins around when she hears the crash.

Storm did not like where she was going with this, fuming a bit until hearing the noise.


"What was that?"

She looks out the door of the room suspiciously (she's still about a meter or 2 inside the room so her view is boxed by the door), listening for any other noises.

Perception:

Sunburst: 1D20+11 => [ 12 ] +11 = 23 #Perception, There's Nothing More Contagious than the Laughter of Ponies




Storm's is temporaririly distracted from his thoughts by the noise, and goes to the door as well.

Perception:

Perception Roll
Roll(1d20)+7:
13,+7
Total:20
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  A1C Bronymous on Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:01 pm

Sunburst, Storm:
The hallway is quiet and empty. The crashing sound came from the sitting room, but nothing else can be heard right now.
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5663
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Columbus, MS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Cardbo on Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:15 pm

Storm gets set to move Thermal. "We should probably check that out. If one of you could hold the door open, while I get my patient ready to move. I have a sneaking suspicion as to what that noise could be, but I can't know for sure."
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Bubblez on Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:13 am

Sunburst is still listening for new sounds when "Dr." Storm begins speaking. When Storm refers to his "patient" she fixes "Dr."... no just Storm with a dirty look, she opens her mouth to snap at him.  She stops as a, rather stern, conversation she had with an old boss (in... Caracolina was it?) concerning 'times and places' for conflicts passes through her mind. If this was the laughing ponies, that would be... bad.
She looks at Gearick to see his reactions. She fixes Storm with another dirty look and mutters,
"This isn't over..." she then speaks more clearly, "I'll keep an eye out for whatever that was"
She moves to the door to act as a look out (assuming Gearick moves to assist Storm).  She keeps her ears and eyes on the swivel for any new noises, movements, etc.

OOC:

Let me know if you want me to roll perception again.

Rolls:

Perception:
2015-02-02 07:56:35 Sunburst: 1D20+11 => [ 7 ] +11 = 18

Using a Stubbornness, I have 1/3 uses left

2015-02-02 08:12:25 Sunburst: 1D20+11 => [ 8 ] +11 = 19 #Perception 2 (1/3 Stubbornness)

a use of X a day for a +1 to roll T_T

*NEVER HAPPENED!!!*
avatar
Bubblez
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Posts : 140
Join date : 2014-08-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  A1C Bronymous on Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:49 am

The hallway remains quiet, and nothing can be heard behind the door to the sitting room.
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5663
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Columbus, MS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Fury of the Tempest on Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:12 pm

“Yes, he did grab the first laugher we could safely contain to test the cure on.” Gearick said quickly, even with the entire thing with the smashing sounds, he wanted to make sure that Sunburst had the right idea about Storm. That he was a Doctor, through and through. “Only way to test it is through a field test. if you don’t like that, then please. Feel free to wait here for backup to arrive and exterminate the laughing ponies. Its not like the lives of many innocent ponies is worth taking a risk is it?”

With that said, Gearick began busying himself in helping Storm prep Thermal to move out. The unicorn guard having a good idea or two about what of might caused the noise as well... through he hoped deeply that they were wrong. This place was meant to be a safe lab to work in and get the cure produced... if it wasn’t, they would have to default back to Figurehead’s mansion;
avatar
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 4116
Join date : 2012-09-22
Age : 23
Location : ENGLAND!!!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Cardbo on Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:36 pm

Storm pushes Thermal through the door with everypony's help. "That's basically it, though technically, when we were in the Void, Thermal was lucid enough to give consent, which he did, right after I tried the cure on myself."
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Bubblez on Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:28 am

Sunburst is wearing that look of somepony who is clearly upset but is at work so tries not to let it show and just do her job and be done with it as she surveys the hallway. She gives an angry 'hmph' when Gearick admits to how the got their subject shooting.  When Gearick mentions 'exterminate' she jolts because Gearick is clearly a Dalek, and her ears fall flat. She looks back at them a look of worry her face.
"Exterminate? But..." Sunburst is Dalek too, everypony is Daleks

She trails off as she moves into the hallway to get out of their way as they move out and follows them, keeping an eye on the hallway, thinking.  She stops for a moment to give Storm a double take at 'Void.' Then resumes following

"Wait the Void?-What?"

Sorry, I am in a weird mood right now:
Oh-
I am Dalek
He is Dalek
She is Da~lek too,
I am Dalek
We are Dalek
And we are going EXTERMINATE you too!
avatar
Bubblez
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Posts : 140
Join date : 2014-08-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Cardbo on Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:01 am

Bubblez wrote:Sunburst is wearing that look of somepony who is clearly upset but is at work so tries not to let it show and just do her job and be done with it as she surveys the hallway. She gives an angry 'hmph' when Gearick admits to how the got their subject shooting.  When Gearick mentions 'exterminate' she jolts because Gearick is clearly a Dalek, and her ears fall flat. She looks back at them a look of worry her face.
"Exterminate? But..." Sunburst is Dalek too, everypony is Daleks

She trails off as she moves into the hallway to get out of their way as they move out and follows them, keeping an eye on the hallway, thinking.  She stops for a moment to give Storm a double take at 'Void.' Then resumes following

"Wait the Void?-What?"

Sorry, I am in a weird mood right now:
Oh-
I am Dalek
He is Dalek
She is Da~lek too,
I am Dalek
We are Dalek
And we are going EXTERMINATE you too!

"Hmm..tell you later if you're still interested, but not now. The walls may have ears." Says Storm as he heads to the source of the noise with Thermal.
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Bubblez on Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:14 am

OOC:
Wait, we're heading TOWARDS the sound of breaking and entering with an unconscious patient?

Sunburst scrunches up her face, not looking pleased, but nods and focus on staying alert. Time and place... Her brain finally catches up to the direction their going. She nudges Storm
"Wait, where're we taking Thermal?" She whispers.
avatar
Bubblez
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Posts : 140
Join date : 2014-08-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Cardbo on Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:29 am

Bubblez wrote:
OOC:
Wait, we're heading TOWARDS the sound of breaking and entering with an unconscious patient?

Sunburst scrunches up her face, not looking pleased, but nods and focus on staying alert. Time and place... Her brain finally catches up to the direction their going. She nudges Storm
"Wait, where're we taking Thermal?" She whispers.

"Wherever we're going. I suspect if there are zombie ponies inside, that means Dr Quick-Fix and Juniper have likely left the building, and have let them come inside as they exited. If so, depending on the situation, it might be best if we left ourselves, and I have no intention of leaving Thermal behind."
avatar
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3111
Join date : 2012-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Bubblez on Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:41 pm

Sunburst frowns, but nods.  Remembering her trial flight down the hallway, she just hopes she can keep up with the group if there are laughing ponies inside.  She barely escaped them when she was at 100%.  She looks to see what Gearick is doing before continuing her scanning of the hallway.  Her wings are twitching with anxiety.  After another step or two she falters, stumbling a bit before recovering.  Quick Fix was probably right about resting, hopefully not about 'aftershocks' (what ever that mean).  But... not here with Quick Fix and Juniper.  She still doesn't trust Gearick and Storm, but they've help her so far and haven't tried needling her. Right now, that enough.

OOC:
Now my zeal for trying combat earlier and Sunburst's, I'd say rather justified, current distrust of doctors, which made her refuse aid comes back to bite us...
Right now Sunburst is at 5hp, dazed and weakened from being KO'd earlier by Juniper
avatar
Bubblez
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Posts : 140
Join date : 2014-08-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Jsser23 on Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:24 pm

"Let's start looking then, why don't we try that alley over there?" Penned says while pointing to the nearest alley way.

Jsser23
Background Pony
Background Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 62
Join date : 2014-08-22
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum