The Sun Sets

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Telebiscuit Jen on Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:57 am

"Not... not often. Once or twice." I say sourly. "Why are you so interested in my social life, anyway?"
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose on Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:04 am

"Just... I have been in unhealthy relationships before, and something you said rang some alarm bells in my head." Bells said, looking down as some painful memories flashed through her mind.
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Telebiscuit Jen on Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:07 am

"I don't... I don't understand, but, um... sorry?" I look at Bells, confused. "What are you saying?"
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest on Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:58 am

Gearick switched from one to the other, glad that whilst Storm was a quick writer he was also neat. Sunburst’s writing was a bit more difficult to read, but passable. Gearick however... he was a unicorn, so he could write quicker and neater than either of them, especially with the amount of experience he had with paperwork...

“We need evidence to bring the guard down on this place, and I don't think we can leave before we do. Even if we do leave, I'm not sure we should all leave. The machine could be a way to garner it and I will need to look over it, but I’m not sure its enough. If we can bring the guard down, then we can secure his facilities without needing him, so your contract can be destroyed and nullified, removing Quick Fix from having any hold over the cure at all.”
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose on Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:55 am

Bells took a deep breath and looked up at Gen, steeling herself for the explosion that would inevitably follow. "I think you are in an unhealthy relationship with Midnight."
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Telebiscuit Jen on Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:16 am

"Oh? Oh yeah? Why, because she's the only one in the town who took an interest in me? That wants to hang out with me, shows me care and affection? It's not something anypony wants to do, so its unhealthy, is that it?" I glare at Bells, my eyes beginning to water. "First she beats ponies, now she and I have an unhealthy relationship. Right."
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose on Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:13 am

Bells clenched her jaw, trying to hold back her emotions rising to meet Gen's. "I am not saying that you do have an unhealthy relationship, I am saying that I perceive it as such. It may be that you two have a good relationship, and that you two are just right for each other. However, it is my personal experience that abusers seek out those who feel alone, who think that these people are the only ones who will love them. The abuse does not need to be physical, as most ponies seem to think; the worst abusers are the mental and emotional ones, who leave no physical signs of their abuse. Their victims may be blind to the abuse because it is not physical. I myself do not remember some cases of abuse that was obvious to others, when I was the victim, and I reacted to their accusations just the same as you are. Defensive. Pained. Denial." Bells could feel her emotions building up, and gave up trying to hold them back and let them overwhelm her, a new intensity entering her face. "Maybe Midnight is not the only pony who likes you, who thinks you worth their time. Your friend from the Daycare might want to spend more quality time with you, ho? Do not limit yourself to the mares in town, even; there are plenty of kind mares out there who I am sure would love to be with you, who would like you! I like you!" Bells freezes, realizing what she said only after she said it. And how true it was.
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Telebiscuit Jen on Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:28 am

I deadpan, my jaw going slack. "Wh... huh?" my back legs suddenly give out, and sit looking up at Bells. "We just... what do you... you like... me?"
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose on Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:35 am

Bells deflates, also sitting down. She looks down, a gentle blush coming to her face, and nods slightly. She looks up at Gen under her eyelashes, suddenly shy.
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Telebiscuit Jen on Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:42 am

I sigh and look down. "Well I mean..." what? What do I say to that? We just met... I like her as a friend? I don't like her in that way, certainly... certainly... Right? "I... you're really nice, and interesting, so... I mean, I like you as a friend, I guess. You're compassionate, but firm, caring, friendly, pretty-" I freeze, clapping a claw to my mouth, eyes wide.
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:23 pm

Bells, Gen:
You have come to a stop within 50 ft of the Guard Barricade. One of the guards seems to have noticed you, but hasn't moved.

Scales, Penned, Dodger:
"Well the supplies aren't in City Hall to be counted, are they?" The second Pegasus now steps forward, asserting his position, while the other one stays where he is. "This is your last chance to get out of here, before we-" he pauses as his eyes fall on Dodger, and his ears twitch. At this point, Dodger notices that he seems sort of familiar, but with all the Pegasi he's seen recently, its hard to be sure.

(Dodger can roll perception or history to try and remember him)

Gearick, Storm, Sunburst:
As Gearick finishes penning his last statement, a familiar faint clicking noise can be heard approaching the door. He is just able to put the note out of sight before the door opens, revealing Juniper. She seems... off. She appears to be breathing a little heavily, and her eyes are unfocused. She blinks her way from Storm, to Gearick, to Sunburst. "You should go..." she rasps, uncharacteristically.
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose on Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:37 pm

Bells ignores the guard, giving Gen a small smile. "There is nothing wrong with being friends with pretty ponies, is there?"
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Telebiscuit Jen on Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:40 pm

"I... suppose not." I tilt my head in confusion. Wait, just friends? She only meant... huh? I shake my head. "No, I mean that's fine. I mean, juts because you're attractive doesn't mean... you know, doesn't mean anything. We're just hanging out."
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose on Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:45 pm

"You did say that you like me as a friend, did you not?" Bells shook her head. "If you simply want to be friends, then I do too. One can never have too many friends, after all."
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Telebiscuit Jen on Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:48 pm

"O...k... then. I-... yes. That sounds perfectly alright." Why do I feel disappointed that she just wants to be friends I just met her what am I even.... I awkwardly hold out a claw to shake your hoof. "Friends?"
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose on Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:56 pm

Bells nodded and smiled, taking Gen's claw. Some of her usual reservedness reentered her expression, hiding her own disappointment at Gen wanting only to be friends. She didn't talk because the lump in her throat would have betrayed her.
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Telebiscuit Jen on Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:44 pm

(Empathetic used: 31 Perception vs Her 24 Persuasion)
I look at her as I shake her hoof. Even her fetlocks are extra fluffy... "You aren't telling me something. I can tell." I say, looking into her eyes. "I know when somepony is hiding something."
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:54 pm

Dodger:
(Rolled 28)
Both by his personality- overly familiar as it has become from so many like him recently- and by the way he looks at you, you are now certain you've dealt with this Pegasus before. In fact, he looks like one of the gang thugs you fought in the bar- what was it, 2 days ago now? He's tense, clearly unsure of what move to make, giving you an opportunity to act.
A1C Bronymous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose on Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:05 pm

Bells freezes for a moment, then sighs, her mask breaking. "To... to be honest, I do not want to be just friends. I do want to be friends, for every good relationship is based on friendship, but I do not want to be just friends." Bells looks away. "You do not seem to return these feelings, though, so I will have to be happy with just your friendship."
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 on Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:22 pm

A1C Bronymous wrote:Scales, Penned, Dodger:
"Well the supplies aren't in City Hall to be counted, are they?" The second Pegasus now steps forward, asserting his position, while the other one stays where he is. "This is your last chance to get out of here, before we-" he pauses as his eyes fall on Dodger, and his ears twitch. At this point, Dodger notices that he seems sort of familiar, but with all the Pegasi he's seen recently, its hard to be sure.
"I've gotten several last chances from you and your merry band of thugs," said Dodger. "I'm not sure whether I should count myself lucky or amused. So are you going to explain yourselves or do I have to explain to the detective what you've been doing over the last few days and let them hazard a guess as to your current activities?"
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Telebiscuit Jen on Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:29 pm

"Quit being so confusing!" I nearly yell. "Look, I... I don't know. The fact is, that despite the fact that you're very nice and sweet and soft and so cute and attractive and I would LOVE to date you- I am already in a relationship. Midnight is my Mare. I can't justify breaking things off with her just to run off with some fluffy filly I just met." I mentally facepalm at the twisting and turning this topic is doing.
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose on Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:39 pm

Bells shakes her head. "You cannot justify leaving Midnight? Relationships should be built upon love and fondness, not feelings of obligation. Tell me this; do you consider yourself to be friends with Midnight? Would you continue to be friends after splitting up?"
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Telebiscuit Jen on Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:42 pm

"Uh..." I stop, completely unsure of this new concept. "Of course we're friends, she's like my only friend. Was my only friend. And if we... we would never break up, because we love each other, and are friends, and... and if we did it would be awful."
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose on Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:07 pm

"What about Gold Hoof? Is she not your friend? Can I not be your friend? Are you afraid to break up with Midnight because there is nopony else in your life to turn to?" Bells looks Gen in the eyes. "Does she let you have other friends?"
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Telebiscuit Jen on Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:11 pm

"I already told you- besides you, no one else wanted to be my friend. She doesn't keep me from having friends." At least, not directly. No one wants to associate with me because I'm with her, but that's different. "You can be my friend, that's... that's great if you do. But please stop accusing her of messing with my life or whatever."
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top