Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sun Sets

+5
Copper Rose
Paper Shadow
Cardbo
Jsser23
Brony 7 of 9
9 posters

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

The Sun Sets - Page 3 Empty Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Cardbo Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:00 pm

Bubblez wrote:When they get back to the room, Sunburst, her face forming a frown, opens her mouth to start her interrogation.  But when Storm downs the 'cure' himself, she's taken aback and just looks confused as she processes this for a moment.

Eventually, she asks sounding more perplexed than angry as she was before, but still a bit on edge:
"So what was this about 'Cures', 'Voids', and "-she pause for a moment as she swallows and her ears flatten- "'Exterminations'?"

Storm takes a brief momet to swallow. "Not sure about Exterminations, but the cure is the cure to zombie pony plague. The Void is another dimension that intersects with and is deeply affected by the minds of sleeping ponies. I tested out my cure on Thermal and myself in the Void. It worked spectacularly, but the effects didn't persist outside it, which means I needed to recreate it in the waking world."
Cardbo
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:43 pm

"Storm has explained things pretty well." Gearcik said with a nod, backing up his friends point and hoping it would help make Sunburst relax and to trust them more. Althrough, the unicorn did have to reluctantly explain the later. "As for extermination... we can't let the virus spread, its simply too dangerous. A wide-spead outbreak would decimate Equestira. The first attempts to create a cure lead to an accident which claimed the life of the scientist working on it. If the cure isn't found within a day or two, the guards will have to come in an ensure that the virus doesn't spread any further. By exterminating the hosts of the virus, the laughing zombie ponies." It was not pretty or nice at all... but it was what the guard had to do in order to protect Equestira.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:33 pm

Bells willingly gets pulled along by the doctor, but looks back at Gen. "Would you like to?"
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Telebiscuit Jen Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:38 pm

"I, uh..." I scratch the back of my neck, remembering the mare's earlier comment. Shaking my head, I answer, "I suppose I should, and make sure she's ok." I follow them both into Town Hall.
Telebiscuit Jen
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:12 pm

Dodger, Penned, Scales:
"How about you shut your mouth." The second Pegasus demands, and the first continues. "Or maybe its because you're all sneaking around all quiet and jumping up behind ponies. Maybe that's why I got scared." Neither of them acknowledge what they were doing a moment ago.

Gen, Bells:
"Fine with me." The surgeon leads Bells back to the same room as before. "Just like old times." he says mirthlessly, gesturing Bells to the bed. "You know, ponies are gonna start to worry if you keep coming in here all banged up. Hopefully there aren't any nasty surprises like before?"
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:43 am

"Not sure that is even possible at this point. Much more of this and we might get on a first-name-basis with each other." Bells obligingly gets into the bed.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:48 am

Bells, Gen:
"You said it was a healing spell that did this? How?" His horn begins glowing as he examines Bells, but glances over at Gen.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:52 pm

"Where I come from, there is a common healing spell that allows you to show to others what the pony looked like before they were healed. It is painless, but can easily backfire and result in all of the injuries being inflicted upon the pony who cast the spell."
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Telebiscuit Jen Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:24 pm

"That sounds risky. What if someone's really injured, like dying?" I try my best to avoid looking at Bells while she's being examined, slightly uncomfortable.
Telebiscuit Jen
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:31 pm

"Ho, we have other healing spells. Also, this one only backfires when one triggers the other part of the spell, to show the injuries. It is often useful for getting somepony to real medical care as well, for without triggering the other part of the spell it is common for it to dispell - slowly, of course. It takes at least a day for the spell to wear off." Bell winces as the doctor prods a tender bruise. "When it comes to minor injuries, they tend to heal normally under the spell, so a bleeding cut can be healed, then later it comes back as a - ho, sealed by the dried blood." Bells looks at the doctor for the word she just described.

((world building is fun, even if the world being built is a faraway land))
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:40 pm

"A scab." He confirms, and retreats to a drawer to get some basic first aid supplies. "These all seem to be superficial, no serious internal damage. We can clean up the cuts and the bruises will fade after a while. Maybe some painkillers too." He moves down to check your legs. "These might need an Xray." He runs his hooves over your legs, looking for any obvious breaks. "But I don't think there's anything broken. You should be able to walk again- again- after a few hours." He steps away from you and enters the hall for a moment, speaking with someone, and then returns to your table. "Ok, meanwhile..." He begins patching up your lighter wounds- stinging of antispetic and tenderness form bruises occur as you would expect.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:50 pm

"Thank your for your help." Bells says, not flinching at the doctor's ministrations.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:55 pm

"You know only the first two treatments per day are free. After this I'm going to have to start charging you." He jokes, sort of. After a moment, one of the other ponies who worked on Bells previously comes in, and the surgeon directs him to Xray her legs. After a brief scan, he nods to the surgeon. "Looks good." "Alright, thanks." The other pony departs, and the Surgeon nods to Bells. "No breaks, no serious damage. You'll be fine in a little bit." He packs up his aid kit and grabs a small packet. "There are two doses of painkillers here, they shouldbe enough until you've recovered a bit." He gets up, and nods at Gen, and then exits.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:12 pm

Bells gets up, stowing away the painkillers mentioned by the doctor, and turns to Gen. "Should we go join the others?"
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Telebiscuit Jen Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:06 pm

I watch the entire process in silence, breathing a sigh of relief when I hear Bells' injuries aren't severe. After the surgeon leaves, I rush over and help Bells to her hooves, still supporting her. "Not gonna take those pills yet? I'm sure it would make it easier to walk." I think for a moment. "Do you remember where they were headed?"
Telebiscuit Jen
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Bubblez Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:36 pm

Sunburst stares at the two for a moment, glances at Thermal, and then stares at them for another moment. The metaphorical gears in her head are spinning obviously trying to process what they just told her, but not very successfully, either due to the drugs, the sheer foreignness, or, in the case of Gearick's explanation, slight refusal. Her jaw goes slightly slack and her head rotates about thirty degrees clockwise.

She shakes her head, and stumbles a half step, and her wings start to open as if regaining her balance, the wings close her mind finally catches on something.

"So... you're saying you cured him in your... sleep?" She asks still sounding confused, and a touch skeptical.
Bubblez
Bubblez
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:19 pm

"I just prefer to take pills with water, and there is none in this room that I can see. They would take some time to take effect anyway." Bells says, heading out the door. "I do not remember where they were going, though we could ask the pony at the barricade which way they went."

Perception - looking for a water fountain or similar:
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:32 pm

Bubblez wrote:
"So... you're saying you cured him in your... sleep?" She asks still sounding confused, and a touch skeptical.

"If I were being flip, I could say that.  But seriously, Thermal, Gearick and I were...in a physical location, like trotting through that very  door," Storm points to the exit. "that happened to correspond to the world of dreams.  I'll leave the exact specifics to the arcane theorists.  Also, we were all awake at the time."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Telebiscuit Jen Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:24 am

"Sure, that'll work. There's a water fountain over here." I lead Bells over to it so she can get some water. "So... lucky thing about no broken bones, right? You'd be stuck in bed for a while."
Telebiscuit Jen
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:29 am

Bells gratefully takes the opportunity the water fountain provides, also being a bit thirsty. "It would not be too bad. You seem happy to keep me company, are you not?"
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:09 pm

“Try not to think too hard about it.” Gearick advised with a small smile, knowing what Sunburst had been though... it hurt his head a lot when he realized what the place was himself... and being inside of it, hit hurt his head even more. Though there was thing about something escaping from it which still worried him. “Just, think of it as a different dimension”.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Bubblez Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:44 am

Sunburst's brow is very furrowed as she tries to make sense doors to a dreamworld which is supposedly a physical dimension. A few seconds later she gives her head a small shake.
"So wait," she points to Storm, "you said Thermal was lucid there, how does that-" her face twitches and she blinks a few times while continuing , "I mean what's happening? Like yesterday, ponies were getting sick left and right, and today laughing ponies are attacking everypony, ponies are needling other ponies, and-" she sits down and rubs her head, her wings droop, " what's going on? "
Bubblez
Bubblez
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:19 am

Bubblez wrote:Sunburst's brow is very furrowed as she tries to make sense doors to a dreamworld which is supposedly a physical dimension. A few seconds later she gives her head a small shake.
"So wait," she points to Storm,  "you said Thermal was lucid there, how does that-" her face twitches and she blinks a few times while continuing , "I mean what's happening? Like yesterday, ponies were getting sick left and right, and today laughing ponies are attacking everypony, ponies are needling other ponies, and-" she sits down and rubs her head, her wings droop, " what's going on? "

"Yes, Thermal was lucid there, one of the properties of the Void I'd imagine. As for the Zombie ponies, there a few stages to the disease, first the fever state, then the loss of cutie mark and then finally the walking around in a dreamlike state."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Telebiscuit Jen Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:16 pm

"Oh, well... I mean, I'm happy to help you around, but I wouldn't hang out for you for days while you recover. Not that I mean I don't like you, though, just... I mean... you know what I mean." I cough nervously, waiting for Bells to finish.
Telebiscuit Jen
Telebiscuit Jen
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:55 pm

Bells giggles. "I think so. You do, after all, have a life of your own, no?"
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down