Call of Colthulhu: The Baltimare Case (PT|PbP|Filled)

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Call of Colthulhu: The Baltimare Case (PT|PbP|Filled)

Post  AleneShazam on Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:26 am

Weird Tales by H(orse). P. Lovecraft
There are things lurking beyond the stars... Equestria learnt this the hard way. With the combined might of Equus' ancient immortals, who were old when Celestia and Luna were merely foals, the Great Old Ones were sealed into the earth and banished into the stars above, hopefully never to return. Peace reigned, and millennia passed, the strength of the immortals waning with time.

After centuries of harmless, nonintrusive worship, cultists have finally caught the attention of their slumbering masters... and the Old Ones were angry. For a few brief moments, a certain King In Yellow forced his way onto Equus. His essence was scattered and blasted back into his home plane after but a second, the seals put in place still strong enough to hold back the Old One; but the consequences of a mere few seconds of exposure was terrible to behold.

It is a couple of months after the crossing. Life has returned, for better or worse, to normal, except for the quarter of Equestria's population rendered comatose from the immense psychic feedback just from the Great Old Ones' return. With the presence of these beings virtually unknown to the general populace, and the cultists finding their prayers suddenly taking effect, bizarre occurrences are going on all across Equestria.

One such place is Baltimare, a city on the west coast. Known for its fishing, trade, and scholarly endeavours, Baltimare is a diverse city host to all kinds of characters. But something is loose in the city. Rumours are abound, about strange ponies in the night, unusual sounds coming from alleyways, even ponies going missing. Meanwhile, the guards stand by and do nothing. The darkness festers, and Baltimare is about to be plunged into a plot unlike any other.

Forget the mountains of madness and the sunken city of R'lyeh, Equestria is about to learn that the universe is a very cruel place indeed...

Warning: May contain Madness, Insanity, Eldritch Horrors.

Have you ever wondered what happens when lovecraftian horrors are exposed to a dose of weaponized FRIENDSHIP? That is the setting of the Colthulhu Mythos. Here, magic meets eldritch, and friendship meets horror.

I'm looking for 3 to 4 players, to embark on an adventure that will take them into the depths of the city of Baltimare. It doesn't matter if they are brave, or cowardly; smart, or fools. Anyone ensnared in the web of eldritch mysteries can never leave. As such, characters can be most everything, as long as they aren't too ridiculous or special snowflake-ish. Standard backstory expected, and if possible a basic fill in of Stairc's character questionnaire will help with developing the plot.

PM me the character sheets, or post a reply with the relevant links (you all start at level one) and we can work through the backstories to best fit the setting. Don't worry about motivation for now: if your character is chosen, we'll figure out a way to get your character into baltimare that is to your liking.

Team 1:

Torque the Unicorn played by Lyntermas
Arcane Aurora the Unicorn played by Caden2112
Flashpoint the Pegasus played by A1C Bronymous
Some kind of freaky mask thing played by Crystalite
IC Thread: Team one's IC Thread

Team 2:
Starglass the Crystal Pony played by Terrestial
Kunolf the Griffon played by Sliverbrony
Eaglesong the Pegasus played by Sunbeam
IC Thread: Team two's IC Thread

Last edited by AleneShazam on Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:54 am; edited 14 times in total
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Call of Colthulhu: The Baltimare Case (PT|PbP|Filled)

Post  Crystalite on Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:11 am

Hey look, a new crossover setting that I'm unfamiliar with. Let's do it! I'll have a concept to pitch before too long.
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:49 am

Should leave this open for all those new people recently who have been looking for games.
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:24 pm

Hmm. Good point. I'll give it a bit, see if they bite.
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrestial on Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:21 pm

I am not as sure about this one... but the other RPs may take a while to offer a chance to join.

May i get to know how many players have presented their interest yet? Hard to tell due to char sheets being sent via pm and such.
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 on Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:09 am

I'm interested, but I was waiting to see if anyone else nibbled, honestly. But I can get a character put together soonish.
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam on Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:00 am

Thus far, one person has submitted a sheet, and those who have replied are the ones who have shown interest.
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas on Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:38 am

Hello there! If submissions are still open, I'd like to put something in. This character was originally from a campaign that died out, but I think he might have a place here. (I'm willing to make him a bit less "zany" for this setting.)

Torque Szarnowski
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam on Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:34 am

Lyntermas wrote:Hello there! If submissions are still open, I'd like to put something in. This character was originally from a campaign that died out, but I think he might have a place here. (I'm willing to make him a bit less "zany" for this setting.)

Torque Szarnowski
I LIKE HIM!
Baltimare has an excellent Arcane Technology University, which gives Torque a good reason to be there.
Hey, I'll take it.
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrestial on Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:15 pm

Don't think i've forgotten about this game, Alene.

While i've been having an idea for an appropriate character for this adventure for quite a while now, I've decided that i should rather finish the one for Moonbound since it's only one person away from starting and it didn't need a character questionnaire - which is a mighty interesting thing to exploit, yet not one eagerly looked to when being pressed for time.
I'm sure you understand.

I have more than just concept ready for this one. Scores distributed, abilities selected, destinity chosen, flavour thought-out. I promise to finish it after the exam on 1st July as swiftly as posible.

It's gonna be a:

Spoiler:
Knowledge/Horse Sense Crystal Pony mare, with emphasis on magic

As you've said, there was an abundance of "nerds" in Moonbound. Hope i fit here with this one. ^^
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam on Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:35 am

Rightyo, we've got ourselves a good group of kids to be driven mad solve us a mystery. Let's see what terrestial brings to the table, and we can get this party on the road.

A heads up, I'm fairly sure that most of the characters will start off meeting at the Baltimare's Conference of Higher Education, with members coming from different fields such as the medical university in Eaglesong's case and the Arcanotech Division in Torque's case, with some outsiders coming in to ask the assembled experts about the recent mass coma phenomena such as Kunolf and Arcane Aurora.

Is this alright with the players?
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas on Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:34 am

That sounds fine with me. Just to clarify, the characters are only aware of the "mass coma phenomena" as simply that, and have absolutely no knowledge of the Great Old Ones at this time, correct?
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam on Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:19 am

Lyntermas wrote:That sounds fine with me. Just to clarify, the characters are only aware of the "mass coma phenomena" as simply that, and have absolutely no knowledge of the Great Old Ones at this time, correct?
Those more knowledge inclined are probably aware that there are some powerful forces at work to have caused the mass coma phenomena, but no one knows that it's the Old Ones who did it.
Torque would probably think "Hey, whatever made this happen must have been very powerful", but no one really is aware of the old one's existence... except for the immortals of old.
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:11 am

I forgot to mention that I'm in this campaign, didn't I? I've been sorting out my character with Alene over PM for reasons I never actually figured out.

Hi all. I'll be playingEaglesong. She's a little more serious and a lot less experienced than she was in the two pages of Through the Looking Glass that we got through.
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:47 am

Oh, so... I guess the game is closed?
A1C Bronymous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrestial on Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:50 pm

AleneShazam wrote:Rightyo, we've got ourselves a good group of kids to be driven mad solve us a mystery. Let's see what terrestial brings to the table, and we can get this party on the road.

A heads up, I'm fairly sure that most of the characters will start off meeting at the Baltimare's Conference of Higher Education, with members coming from different fields such as the medical university in Eaglesong's case and the Arcanotech Division in Torque's case, with some outsiders coming in to ask the assembled experts about the recent mass coma phenomena such as Kunolf and Arcane Aurora.

Not only am i alright with this; i also have an idea for a reason to be there due to that.

Since Crystal Empire is said to be reflecting magic-related phenomena upon Equestira, a delegate from there, acquainted with crystal arcana (meaning my character) is being sent to join this conference in order to find out whether that particular fact can be used in order to influence this mysterious affliction en masse.

What do you think of this, Alene?

sunbeam wrote:I forgot to mention that I'm in this campaign, didn't I? I've been sorting out my character with Alene over PM for reasons I never actually figured out.

Hi all. I'll be playingEaglesong. She's a little more serious and a lot less experienced than she was in the two pages of Through the Looking Glass that we got through.

Can't say i'm not glad to see that sheet. For some time, i've been having an idea for a nice little combat talent combination (especially fitting a Crystal Pony) - yet one quite vulerable to some more common (save ends) effects - thus a companion, able to alter them in case of emergency will be of immense help. Thank you for being here in advance.

Last edited by Terrestial on Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam on Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:56 pm

"C'mon! Could ye manage ta go ten minutes witout perforating yer aorta? Just once?!"
-Durkon Thundershield

What am I getting myself into?
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrestial on Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:00 pm

sunbeam wrote:"C'mon! Could ye manage ta go ten minutes witout perforating yer aorta? Just once?!"
-Durkon Thundershield

What am I getting myself into?

Hahah... not really on aim though.
Healing's an entirely different matter.
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam on Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:03 pm

Terrestial wrote:
AleneShazam wrote:Rightyo, we've got ourselves a good group of kids to be driven mad solve us a mystery. Let's see what terrestial brings to the table, and we can get this party on the road.

Not only am i alright with this; i also have an idea for a reason to be there due to that.

Since Crystal Empire is said to be reflecting magic-related phenomena upon Equestira, a delegate from there, acquainted with crystal arcana (meaning my character) is being sent to join this conference in order to find out whether that particular fact can be used in order to influence this mysterious affliction en masse.

What do you think of this, Alene?

Sounds perfect, falls in line with canon and my plot ideas. Good to have your character on board.
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 on Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:41 am

I'd be cool with that, honestly. Seems like a better way to get started than 'so you all meet in a bar/inn/cell/murderscene' at any rate.
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sliverbrony on Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:30 pm

So just came bck from my weekend of LARP and saw that we are full, well I sent my Character sheet in via PM and am going to play Kunolf Leifson the Griffon cook. If Alene is alright with it, I would like not to share his Charactersheet with everyone
MfG Sliver

Sliverbrony
Background Pony
Background Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrestial on Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:26 pm

Sliverbrony wrote:So just came bck from my weekend of LARP and saw that we are full, well I sent my Character sheet in via PM and am going to play Kunolf Leifson the Griffon cook. If Alene is alright with it, I would like not to share his Charactersheet with everyone
MfG Sliver

Aaaand here i was just about to ask that of the ones who didn't announce in this thread officially until today that they've commited themselves to this game... that would be of great help.

Just the mechanics, really. You can leave out your story, for all i care, if that is what bothers you.

Same thing goes for you, Caden. May i ask you to show your sheet?

Spoiler:
Already hurts that i made the mistake of thinking that there will be only three, not five of us and constructed the character to specifically match the ones presented in the daylight... it's probably gonna change a lot for me... wouldn't wanna repeat that.

Also, inb4, yes, i know about the opening post edits. Guess why i didn't check.
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sliverbrony on Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:46 pm

Just the mechanics, really. You can leave out your story, for all i care, if that is what bothers you.

Well in that case here is the censored version:
Kunolf leifson

note:
the abilities in Italics had their reflavoring removed because reasons

MfG Sliver

Sliverbrony
Background Pony
Background Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrestial on Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:28 pm

Sliverbrony wrote:Well in that case here is the censored version:
Kunolf leifson

I am grateful... as much as i may be seeing why you'd wish to conceal some more particular areas of your familiar's expertise...
Still, methinks that's even for the better as is; imagination at work and such.

Caden remaining...

Sliverbrony wrote:MfG

Spoiler:
Ich fühle furchtbar. Hätte ich diese Buchstaben nicht überprüft, würde ich nicht wissen, was sie stehen für..

Also, Lyntermas:

Lyntermas wrote:Torque Szarnowski

Mind me asking whether are you, by any chance, Polish?
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sliverbrony on Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:36 pm

Ich fühle furchtbar. Hätte ich diese Buchstaben nicht überprüft, würde ich nicht wissen, was sie stehen für..

what  never heard of the impolite abriveation of Mit freundlichen Grüßen (MfG) not to be confused with MFG : my f***ing god OR MtG: Magic the Gathering
also, what do you mean with "Ich fühle furchtbar" because I´m not sure if you meant I feel terrible or I feel terribly stupid or I am in terrible pain?

post scribtum: MfG Sliver

Sliverbrony
Background Pony
Background Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top