Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Call of Colthulhu: The Baltimare Case (PT|PbP|Filled)

+5
sunbeam
Lyntermas
Caden2112
Crystalite
AleneShazam
9 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Call of Colthulhu: The Baltimare Case (PT|PbP|Filled) - Page 5 Empty Re: Call of Colthulhu: The Baltimare Case (PT|PbP|Filled)

Post  Terrestial Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:36 pm

I see. As said, i shall try follow suit then. One interaction per character.

To be honest, i've seen both exteremes. People writing 4+ A4 pages for single replies and those posting one-liners so often that a duo known to me filled a topic with 2000+ posts in a single month.

Guess it's all about finding the golden middle, on the overlapping borders of what different people are accustomed to...

Also, last post's late edit happened cause i noticed a mistake of mine. No content has been changed. Just saying for those who arrive here later.
Terrestial
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Call of Colthulhu: The Baltimare Case (PT|PbP|Filled) - Page 5 Empty Re: Call of Colthulhu: The Baltimare Case (PT|PbP|Filled)

Post  sunbeam Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:29 pm

My plan is usually "Write as much as you want until your actions hinge on someone else's as-yet-untaken action. So in a crisis, you might turn to run but you wouldn't round a corner until you check and see if your allies are following you. In a conversation, you wouldn't ask someone a question, then respond to someone else before even pausing to wait for a response (unless you're a very particular sort of person).

I was going to say something, but I like to gather data until my complaints pertain to something precise and constant. I probably would have spoken up around page 5. Eaglesong not really responding to your last question was a gentler method of trying to break up the cycle, and I tend to favor subtle solutions like that until I have my data.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrestial Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:20 am

Well, sunbeam, it's exactly that break-up between action-requiring moments and peaceful conversations that i always deemed allowing such a thing. When having enough time, one can treat multiple paragraphs concerning different parts of conversations as being in a big enough distance from each other to allow other characters to respond to each and every one of them separately, placing themselves in their posts in the timezones of these spaces. That's why, among others, i have those vast non-conversation parts in-between. To make it clear for others when to see those borders, without perpetuating each and every time: "and then she waited for his/her answer, before adding". Perceiving it this way, it's not rushing things or being rude anymore, only a great way to address more than one matter at a time. See?

Good to know Eaglesong won't be prejudiced against Starglass after that being explained and out of the way... or will she? Is there anything else of a possibly vague nature that might be bothering you, sunbeam?

That being said, my last question was not one meant to break up the cycle of conversation. Only a polite way of stopping Eaglesong in her tracks, were she too curious about that matter, as this series of speeches probably would've been realistically too long to engage oneself with, if recreated along the way to the medics' meeting. There's also a huge chance that this particular topic will be discussed once we reach Sterile, so it's also a means of precaution, for us not having to go through the same thing again. However, if that doesn't happen, Starglass would be inclined to share her knowledge with the Pegasus afterwards.

Page 5? Ambitious. I was getting the feeling we might have started to run low on fuel there and i was beginning to wonder when will we reach our destination.
Nonetheless, if you're up to some more talking, i have nothing against it. Speak up and i shall respond in kind.
Terrestial
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrestial Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:46 am

If it isn't clear as is, i'm currently waiting for you guys to have a chance to react to Starglass's latest action before responding to the GM post. I'm extending that possibility for today.
After that i'll be seeing that as a "yes" to progress regardless.
Terrestial
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:31 am

OOC: Bronymous, Skyline knows who Flashpoint is, but the other PCs might like to hear more.

I will, later, but setting history is slightly more difficult for FLashpoint then the other PCs because of his association with Skyline- their interactions in the past are most likely different from their story in other settings. For example, Skyline was an officer in the Royal Guard, but by virtue of his appearance here, that has been downplayed significantly, as he is now a campus security guard.

Of course, if the DM wants to give me story cues to play on, I can do that.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:13 am

A1C Bronymous wrote:
OOC: Bronymous, Skyline knows who Flashpoint is, but the other PCs might like to hear more.

I will, later, but setting history is slightly more difficult for FLashpoint then the other PCs because of his association with Skyline- their interactions in the past are most likely different from their story in other settings. For example, Skyline was an officer in the Royal Guard, but by virtue of his appearance here, that has been downplayed significantly, as he is now a campus security guard.

Of course, if the DM wants to give me story cues to play on, I can do that.
I wanna say right now that like Flashpoint, Skyline retired from guard duty to a more civilian lifestyle, except he still went for a more security based life. Furthermore He's not just a campus security guard, he is also head of security and has direct contact with the local and greater guard force.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:22 am

When you said we saw a figure dressed in black, I assumed it was a full-on cultist/sweatshirt deal, but if it's a vaguely normal 'cleaning lady,' then what exactly is she wearing that's black?
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:31 am

sunbeam wrote:When you said we saw a figure dressed in black, I assumed it was a full-on cultist/sweatshirt deal, but if it's a vaguely normal 'cleaning lady,' then what exactly is she wearing that's black?
Think like con staff, black tee and trackpants.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:01 am

Mm, gotcha.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:06 pm

So Sliver rolled a 9 and got a 20 total, right? 'Cleaning Lady' didn't just shrug off a Natural 20, right?
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:05 am

I will be gone for a week, until next tuesday. Sorry!
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:01 am

Just to clarify, is Skyline currently leading us to the security office (which is fine by me), or is he waiting for confirmation from us before we take the detour?
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:22 am

It just occurred to me that I'm probably thinking of the wrong setting, and the events Flashpoint just listed never happened in this timeline. I'll edit all that out if this is the case.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrestial Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:32 pm

Fun fact: upon rolling the most recent result, i looked down on it with a scrunch on my face, being like: 'Oh come on. Now? Why not on a stealth check or anything like that? I bet we only need one character to pass this and we've already got Kunolf who's most probably done it. Why couldn't you have rolled anything different, like...:' - here i pressed "roll" again... and got the same result.

Seriously?

Sigh*

Alright, dice god, not quarrelling with your verdict.

(checked the dice bot just in case, third result was a 2)

EDIT:

Also, sunbeam, i do not think that lower roll results should be a reason to send shorter posts. In fact, i do not think posts should be in any way affected by your rolls. It spoils the climate. You're playing the same character, no matter how well it fares and you attempt to do the same. Isn't that right?
You are supposed not to know the results of your rolls until the very end, because they should not affect the way you play.
Terrestial
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrestial Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:21 pm

May i ask for a little more details of where we are for the moment, Alene? Not really complaining, since i doubt that'll have a profound impact on the story, but "Outside of the main conference hall" seems a bit like a disambiguation, as we haven't been given a map. it makes it hard to project oneself there, especially since we've rapidly shifted from what's been mentioned as "exhibition halls".
Thank you in advance.
Terrestial
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:38 pm

Terrestial wrote:May i ask for a little more details of where we are for the moment, Alene? Not really complaining, since i doubt that'll have a profound impact on the story, but "Outside of the main conference hall" seems a bit like a disambiguation, as we haven't been given a map. it makes it hard to project oneself there, especially since we've rapidly shifted from what's been mentioned as "exhibition halls".
Thank you in advance.
Imma say it's right outside, since the conference hall is based in a school (the Baltimare Institute of Higher Education) it's probably like open school grounds, near the gates, with a wide path (can accommodate a couple carts, easy) dividing two wide grassy fields. They're maybe a dozen odd paces away, giving them ample time to react if you were to make a move.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sliverbrony Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:38 am

Okay I am realy disapointed, how the whole scene got started and resolved, while I was asleep. I would have kicked for Kunolf to claim the gryffoness to be a foreign criminal and or to grab her, when/IF the ponies protecting her won't step asside

Sliverbrony
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:30 am

Sliverbrony wrote:Okay I am realy disapointed, how the whole scene got started and resolved, while I was asleep. I would have kicked for Kunolf to claim the gryffoness to be a foreign criminal and or to grab her, when/IF the ponies protecting her won't step asside
I'm really sorry that I neglected other people like that, I'm not experienced when it comes to running forum games and I can get kind of impatient sometimes.
safe to say I'll give posts a bit more time before I resolve situations, and I'll make sure that everyone has had a chance to state their course of action before moving on. 

regarding the situation at hand, would you prefer it if I rolled back the actions and have the scene play out again?

or we could forge on ahead with the current turn of events at a more even pace.

What do the players want? Since this really is my bad I'm willing to do anything in my power to accomodate the players I accidentally left out.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sliverbrony Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:39 am

Just one question, would the 22 be enough for Kunolf to track the Gryffoness, because if so, I would just handwave Kunolfś missing reaction because he tried to take a different route, so he could flank her if it came to anohter confrontation

Sliverbrony
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:45 am

Sliverbrony wrote:Just one question, would the 22 be enough for Kunolf to track the Gryffoness, because if so, I would just handwave Kunolfś missing reaction because he tried to take a different route, so he could flank her if it came to anohter confrontation
It would be high enough, yes. 
The griffon's roll wasn't particularly spectacular.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrestial Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:27 pm

AleneShazam wrote:
I'm really sorry that I neglected other people like that, I'm not experienced when it comes to running forum games and I can get kind of impatient sometimes.
safe to say I'll give posts a bit more time before I resolve situations, and I'll make sure that everyone has had a chance to state their course of action before moving on. 

regarding the situation at hand, would you prefer it if I rolled back the actions and have the scene play out again?

or we could forge on ahead with the current turn of events at a more even pace.

What do the players want? Since this really is my bad I'm willing to do anything in my power to accomodate the players I accidentally left out.

That's to be understood and forgiven, given how RPs vary. Ain't a human without a flaw too.

As for the decision... Even if i had things planned and i did find myself amidst the ones omitted, i'd be against rewinding the scene. It wouldn't be the same, temptation of changing decisions due to flickers of meta knowledge kicking in, regardless if things were to be repeated or not. Excuses as to why some of us have not acted decisively are easy enough to find. Hence, i think we should leave it as a testament and move on.
Terrestial
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:52 pm

Should I add a Perception roll to looking inside the locket?

Alt-script:
AleneShazam: Oh, wait, Aurora, roll Perception on the journal.
Aurora: Okay...18.
AleneShazam: You find two pages stuck together. Pulling them apart reveals two pages filled with manic scribbles, with the only legible words being "DON'T OPEN THE LOCKET" underlined multiple times.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:08 pm

Lyntermas wrote:Should I add a Perception roll to looking inside the locket?

Alt-script:
AleneShazam: Oh, wait, Aurora, roll Perception on the journal.
Aurora: Okay...18.
AleneShazam: You find two pages stuck together. Pulling them apart reveals two pages filled with manic scribbles, with the only legible words being "DON'T OPEN THE LOCKET" underlined multiple times.
Yes Please
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:22 pm

Added Perception to my original post. ...I'm hoping we're not using up the luck that we may need against the horror-terrors that we'll face.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:45 pm

Yeah...I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop luck-wise. I can see it now.
"Yeah, okay, forget this! We're running for it!"
"Roll Athletics to outrun the gibbering nasties."
"...1."
"You trip and fall down some stairs you didn't even see. Into their nest."
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next