Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Call of Colthulhu: The Baltimare Case (PT|PbP|Filled)

+5
sunbeam
Lyntermas
Caden2112
Crystalite
AleneShazam
9 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Call of Colthulhu: The Baltimare Case (PT|PbP|Filled) - Page 3 Empty Re: Call of Colthulhu: The Baltimare Case (PT|PbP|Filled)

Post  Terrestial Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:04 am

AleneShazam wrote:Okay, this is a bit more complicated than I expected.

Yes... but i'm willing to bet you've hit the jackpot this time.

AleneShazam wrote:
That means Bronymous' character can go with Torque (Lynt), with Caden as magic support.
Terrestial's charcter goes with Eaglesong (Sunbeam) and Kunolf (Sliver).

Unless someone has any issues with this, this will be the team lineup.

What i've asked for has been granted, so storywise i'm definitely content.

As per game mechanics... judging through the prism of my character's abilities, i think my team is going to fine. We have two fliers and we'll be a very empathic team, but other than that, it's all unique.

There's hardly a thing for me to complain. I hope we shoot off the way it is.

EDIT:

Alright, to be totally sincere, maybe i'm going to miss Torque, with his muddle the mixture. However, since Bronymous spoke of synergy between him and his character, i believe he'll have more use of being with Lyntermas in the team than i could hope to. Hence, i'm ok with it.
Terrestial
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Call of Colthulhu: The Baltimare Case (PT|PbP|Filled) - Page 3 Empty Re: Call of Colthulhu: The Baltimare Case (PT|PbP|Filled)

Post  Sliverbrony Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:21 am

I don´t have any prefereces for waht team I´m on aslong as I get to play in this campaign I´m happy

Sliverbrony
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:35 am

To players who have yet to submit a sheet, how long will it be until you guys can get a character sheet to me, so we can get this ball rolling?
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:44 am

I guess I'm one of them? The sheet I gave you is more or less correct, I'll try to look it over this weekend and trim off extra level gear or anything else that shouldn't be there. I'll also look the game over again an revamp his backstory to fit.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrestial Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:12 am

AleneShazam wrote:To players who have yet to submit a sheet, how long will it be until you guys can get a character sheet to me, so we can get this ball rolling?

To be honest, for a few days now, the only thing missing has been my pony's backstory. I've been caught up in a vortex of events right after the 1st and i'm having an all-day-and-night rp starting at... 12 minutes ago half a city away almost all the way up to the all-weekend convent... I'd wish to have it done in peace, but i orignally planed to do it at least before our Saturday rp (Moonbound), to provide you time to analyze it/give me your opinions on it after that... and since both you asked and Bronymous is almost ready, i'll talk it over with my friends and try to fix it today.
Terrestial
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:38 am

Terrestial wrote:
AleneShazam wrote:To players who have yet to submit a sheet, how long will it be until you guys can get a character sheet to me, so we can get this ball rolling?

To be honest, for a few days now, the only thing missing has been my pony's backstory. I've been caught up in a vortex of events right after the 1st and i'm having an all-day-and-night rp starting at... 12 minutes ago half a city away almost all the way up to the all-weekend convent... I'd wish to have it done in peace, but i orignally planed to do it at least before our Saturday rp (Moonbound), to provide you time to analyze it/give me your opinions on it after that... and since both you asked and Bronymous is almost ready, i'll talk it over with my friends and try to fix it today.

Don't feel rushed, one of the benefits of a PBP is that you can play it by your own pace... if you need to sort some things out first, or have rl obligations, by all means get those settled first.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:02 pm

AleneShazam, once they're all submitted, could you update the first post to provide links to everyone's character sheets (and Sliverbrony's "censored" one) for easy access?
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:28 pm

Lyntermas wrote:AleneShazam, once they're all submitted, could you update the first post to provide links to everyone's character sheets (and Sliverbrony's "censored" one) for easy access?
that was my intention, will do!
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrestial Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:10 pm

AleneShazam wrote:
Don't feel rushed, one of the benefits of a PBP is that you can play it by your own pace... if you need to sort some things out first, or have rl obligations, by all means get those settled first.

I took your words to heart and acted the way you advised.

Here's the one i'll be having the pleasure of enacting:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/18zKfgiEFzY5an-gItfHCJrUXOsaNtYHv-V97TB7j79M/edit?usp=sharing

As an added bonus for waiting, you get to see an additional image, commisioned from my friend during this weekend's convent (link in the title)
Terrestial
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:58 pm

...You were NOT kidding. I'm going to have to save you so much.

Question for Alene: Starglass' dark bargain ability says that she 'cannot make saving throws this turn.' I'm under the impression that each pony gets one turn per round, and by extension Eaglesong can still grant Starglass saving throws after she uses Dark Bargain. Does this seem like the correct interpretation to you?
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrestial Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:12 pm

sunbeam wrote:...You were NOT kidding. I'm going to have to save you so much.

Question for Alene: Starglass' dark bargain ability says that she 'cannot make saving throws this turn.' I'm under the impression that each pony gets one turn per round, and by extension Eaglesong can still grant Starglass saving throws after she uses Dark Bargain. Does this seem like the correct interpretation to you?

Save Ends – At the end of your turn, you must attempt a saving throw against all effects on you that say “save ends”.  You roll for each effect individually unless the effect says otherwise.

You're probably not understanding my build yet, so i'll let you know - the (save ends) effects that i impose on myself are the ones i do NOT wish for you to save me from. Ever.

In time, you'll see.

Also, i'm pretty sure it makes me unable to make saving throws, regardless of source.
Terrestial
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:46 pm

I cannot recommend using Mind Over Matter while Blind. You will be very disappointed, 50% of the time. Though anytime you throw that out at the end of your turn, I'd be happy to get rid of it for you.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrestial Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:33 am

sunbeam wrote:I cannot recommend using Mind Over Matter while Blind. You will be very disappointed, 50% of the time. Though anytime you throw that out at the end of your turn, I'd be happy to get rid of it for you.

What do you mean? Mind over matter removes each (save ends) effect before its attack part kicks in, thus it guarantees effective usage in this case.
Should i be flipping a coin for targeting myself with its utility part first?  

Flip a separate coin for each target of the attack.

I'm not a target of the attack. Were the damage not dealt for (save ends) effects removed, it would have been classified as a utility anyway. We already have examples of that:

[–4] Curse Eater - Standard Utility
Remove all (save ends) conditions from you or target ally. You gain 1d12 HP for each condition removed this way.

Compare:

[–6] Mind over Matter - Standard Attack
Remove all save-ends effects from either yourself or target ally. Deal 1d12 damage to up to six creatures for each effect removed.

Would it make any sense to roll for not being accurate due to the blindiness for the same "Remove all (save ends) conditions from you or target ally. " effect for one talent and for the second not?

Blind does not affect me in the slightest. It wouldn't have made sense otherwise.
That's why i took it, despite it being so costful.
Terrestial
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:09 am

sunbeam wrote:...You were NOT kidding. I'm going to have to save you so much.

This has come up in both games I've spectated and games I've played in before.
From experience, the answer is yes, that's the correct interpretation. The This Turn instead of This Round terminology suggests that if someone else, on their turn, gives them a saving throw then they can still save.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:20 am

In other news,
We now have our players assembled and our game can begin shortly. 
Currently my plan is to run the two teams in separate continuities so their actions don't clash with one other.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrestial Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:26 am

Oh. Though naturally, it would affect me if i was blinded and used the (save ends) removing effect on anyone other than myself. On that i agree, if that's what you had in mind.
Terrestial
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:11 pm

AleneShazam wrote:In other news,
We now have our players assembled and our game can begin shortly. 
Currently my plan is to run the two teams in separate continuities so their actions don't clash with one other.

Sounds great, can't wait to get started! Very Happy
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:35 am

Terrestial wrote:Oh. Though naturally, it would affect me if i was blinded and used the (save ends) removing effect on anyone other than myself. On that i agree, if that's what you had in mind.

Nah, I just hadn't thought things through. It seems my inner munchkin is a little out of practice.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:00 pm

Got around to updating Flashpoint's sheet- he's already at level 1, using a half-nuke build I never really got to try out... so I guess he's done. I could come up with some setting appropriate flavoring, if anyone wants it. Good thing about his default backstory, though, is that it more or less neatly fits into any setting.

His sheet again: https://docs.google.com/document/d/16-OBmA1ip8ugW2penoqSSOXgKTaegfw1-YfnOKtA1vY/edit
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:16 am

A1C Bronymous wrote:Got around to updating Flashpoint's sheet- he's already at level 1, using a half-nuke build I never really got to try out... so I guess he's done. I could come up with some setting appropriate flavoring, if anyone wants it. Good thing about his default backstory, though, is that it more or less neatly fits into any setting.

His sheet again: https://docs.google.com/document/d/16-OBmA1ip8ugW2penoqSSOXgKTaegfw1-YfnOKtA1vY/edit

If you could come up with some reason for flashpoint to be around the baltimare area during the events of the game, that would be great. I don't want to make your character do something that you wouldn't expect.
A trip, maybe? Vacation, visiting a friend, etc etc?
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:54 pm

OK, well assuming his general history (Guard Officer turned Firefighter) works, I don't imagine there's much more needed beyond visiting someone in Baltimare. I'm guessing its not really a tourist town, what with the creepy undertones (Though I could be misunderstanding it)? He could be visiting his old Guard Wingman SKyline, who is either stationed nearby or just lives there now.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:39 am

A1C Bronymous wrote:OK, well assuming his general history (Guard Officer turned Firefighter) works, I don't imagine there's much more needed beyond visiting someone in Baltimare. I'm guessing its not really a tourist town, what with the creepy undertones (Though I could be misunderstanding it)? He could be visiting his old Guard Wingman SKyline, who is either stationed nearby or just lives there now.
Meh, that works well enough for me.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:00 pm

AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:05 am

Alright, folks, place your bets. Will we be seeing later on:

A. Crystal TARDIS'S
B. Crystal Warpgates
C. The crystal architecture is actually what's spreading the Old One's influence to this plane.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:31 am

AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next