Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Call of Colthulhu: Team One's Adventures

5 posters

Page 17 of 33 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 33  Next

Go down

Call of Colthulhu: Team One's Adventures - Page 17 Empty Re: Call of Colthulhu: Team One's Adventures

Post  AleneShazam Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:48 am

Caden2112 wrote:"Fine, fine, if you say so, I'll take a look. You...May have a point, I almost didn't realize what Xenith was doing until it was too late, best to be cautious. I still don't trust this Aspiration any further than I could throw this campus." Aurora waved a hoof dismissively, trying to scan themselves for irregularities. Torque's insistence was a little irritating, but she was willing to concede that, at least on the influencing, paranoia worked better than just going with the flow.

---

Arcanaing...Myself. You know, I honestly figured saying that would wait for a few more scenarios. Razz

1d20+15 = 17+15 = 32
The Giver is most likely fucking with your head, yes, artificially increasing your aggression and mistrust.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Call of Colthulhu: Team One's Adventures - Page 17 Empty Re: Call of Colthulhu: Team One's Adventures

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:12 pm

Flashpoint cocks an eyebrow at Aspiration. "You see how they just get into these conversations and just kinda tune everyone else out?" He remarks casually to the mysterious entity, hovering next to it.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:38 pm

A1C Bronymous wrote:Flashpoint cocks an eyebrow at Aspiration. "You see how they just get into these conversations and just kinda tune everyone else out?" He remarks casually to the mysterious entity, hovering next to it.
"A sign of curiosity and a drive for knowledge, yes." The Aspiration says. "Perhaps infuriating with the fate of the city in their hooves, but beneficial to searching for knowledge."
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:52 pm

"Considering how much you chewed me out about that spirit board, I'd think you'd appreciate me-...Huh. Well then." Aurora's eyes narrowed, and her ears flattened against her head as she paused mid-thought, the results of her analysis clearly not pleasing her. "...Mentally influenced twice in the same day? Either my will is far weaker than I figured, or we're up against some very talented manipulators...Either way, irrelevant, time to end this. Seseap, aila, oref...!" Her horn flashed for a moment, and what seemed to be a soft ripple emerged, covering the room briefly before she paused, re-evaluating the situation. She still wasn't sure she trusted the Aspiration, but...Well, she'd have to consider how much was her.

---

So popping Laughter's active effect.

Giggle at the Ghostly – Magic
You and up to six visible allies become immune to all mind-affecting effects for the next 10 minutes (this also ends any such effects currently in place). All affected creatures also gain a +2 morale bonus to all skill checks for the duration of this effect.

Five bucks says the Giver throws a fit.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:20 pm

"DAMN IT."

"HOW DARE YOU ANTS DEFY ME."

The Gem begins glowing.

"I AM NOT GOING BACK."

In an instant, you feel a crackling of energy around you. 

"EVEN IF I HAVE TO DRAG YOU PUPPETS INTO HELL FOR IT."

Fragments of solidified magic begins swirling around the room, forming into orbs trailing strands of ethereal energy.

"I WILL BE FREE!"

"I told you so. Flashpoint, I suggest you join your friends." You almost hear the Aspiration mutter, before disappearing into a whirlwind of dark shadows that dissolve into nothing.
----

ROLL INITIATIVE, SUCKERS!

(Yay combat)
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:31 pm

That's ok, I prefer to fight the Daedra over the dumb floaty shimmer pony. Init: 16
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:58 pm

Rolling Initiative...17

edit: Will Skyline being joining the fight?
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:58 am

Initiative: 7 ...WELP.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:46 am

Lyntermas wrote:Rolling Initiative...17

edit: Will Skyline being joining the fight?
He will.

He will be basically the out-of-the-box Defender. He is a guard, after all, and I figured you guys could use a tank.

Last edited by AleneShazam on Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:30 am

The Gem in Aurora's possession rips free of its confines as energy surges outwards, crackling streaks of power converging together to form jagged but vaguely solid plates, glowing a sickly green. The plates lock together around the gem, floating above the ground, and as you watch, the plates meld together, and form a serrated armor structure around the gem, turning into a vaguely bipedal form with four indistinct limbs, which are constantly reconstructing themselves into the shapes of different types of graspers; hands, claws, pincers, before finally setting on a simple three pronged spearhead formation. 

Around it, the energy begins to settle into the forms of four glowing fireballs; Torque and Aurora would recognize them as Will 'O Wisps, living embodiments of magic, except... the party all recoils as fleshy tentacles erupt from the core of the Wisps, coiling around the fire before snuffing them out, turning them into floating eyeballs trailing tentacles. Each milky pupil stare sightlessly at the party, the tentacles swaying limply in an invisible wind. 

"It has been too long since a fool allowed me to gain enough power to manifest myself." The Giver's form intones, a fiery green eye appearing in an opening where the Giver's neck would be. The eye sweeps across the party. "As I expected, the coward has already fled. You weaklings should not take long."

Skyline glances at the rest of the ponies. "I'm not sure if I can get through all that magic right now... that purge didn't do me any favors. But I'm not going down without a fight." 

With that, he leaps, and his wings spring open, propelling him forward into a rapid series of kicks that all land solidly on the Giver's armor; the being grunts but barely even flinches otherwise, taking the strikes in stride as it begins to chant in an obscene, disgusting language.

"...Crud, that stuff is too thick to get through alone. You unicorns got anything better?" Skyline growls, glaring at the Giver's armor. If you didn't know better, you would think that the Giver's burning pupil twisted into a smirk for a moment.

Attack Used:

Turn order:

1. Skyline (Permanently Weakened)
  2. Torque
  3. Flashpoint
  4. THE GIVER & Friends
  5. Aurora

For reference of the Giver's appearance, think an outsider from XCOM, but more magical.

Last edited by AleneShazam on Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:45 pm

Torque’s eyes widened for a moment at the sight of the Giver’s true form…then he blinked, his eyes set with determination. “…I might be able to whip something up. Give me a minute.” Torque reached into his saddlebag and pulled out what appeared to be a grenade. During some of his research, he had discovered a concoction of gases that was able to make a pony sluggish for a brief period of time. He looked at the Giver, used his unicorn magic to pull out the pin…and winced as a stream of gas went directly into his face. He coughed and sputtered, but still managed to lob the smoke bomb directly at the Giver. He then turned back to his saddlebag, where he seemed to be tinkering with…something.
Standard Attack:

Result: Torque and Giver are weakened until the end of Torque's next turn. Torque is blinded (save ends).

Stats:
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:14 pm

Despite the gas being concocted for ponies, the chemicals seem to seep between the cracks of the Giver's armor, and the light construct seems to fizzle sightly, the gas apparently interfering with the magic possessed by the Giver.
Flashpoint's turn.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:52 pm

"See this? This dumb shit is why I hate dumb ancient evil dumb magic bullshit." Flashpoint snorts, alighting on the floor, stomping a hoof and causing embers to ignite around him. He flaps his wings and the embers dance through the air, but turn to ash without much else.

Combat:
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:47 pm

"Yes. Struggle, ants." The Giver raises an arm, and splitting off from its form, two more will o'wisps that almost immediately pervert into floating bloodied eyeballs. "Even the core of magic cannot resist me. What can you do?"

It grunts, and tearing, almost painfully, from its essence, is a creature that looks almost like a moth or a butterfly. Its ragged wings, flaking and filled with holes, flap limply in the air, but the almost spear like barb protruding from its mouthpiece, and no legs otherwise. The creature flutters in the air briefly, before darting towards Torque and attempting to impale him with the barb. (10 damage)

Meanwhile, the floating eyes begin to glow a menacing red, and a lance of pain pierces through the group. (Torque takes 2 damage, Flashpoint takes 1, Aurora takes 1, and Skyline takes 2.) Skyline winces but seems relatively unaffected by the attack. (Resist 2!)

Aurora's turn.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:39 pm

Aurora had been busy preparing herself, and when the attack came, a small semi-sphere shimmered about her, seeming to blunt the worst of the attack as she took a breath. Though, glancing up at what they were -actually- fighting, her eyes widened, and she took a step back...But she composed herself, laughing softly. "Well, I thought I'd start by smashing you, but...I think we'll try this for starters!" Her horn shimmered for a moment before a small bolt of force erupted outwards, striking at one of the eyes. She just needed a moment more...

Combatlog:
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:13 pm

One of the eyes explode into a shower of sparks, the magic flowing back into the Giver. While Aurora is casting, however, the moth creature dives forward and takes a stab at Aurora. In the nick of time, Skyline barrels into the moth before the attack can hit, although he gets a shallow scratch down his side. (4 damage! 2 Resisted!)
Glaring at the creature, Skyline whips around and repeatedly kicks at the moth, striking it rapidly several times in the body and wings. The creature simply bobbed backwards slightly to compensate, and Skyline frowned as his attacks barely did anything. (Resisted!) 

Attack used:

Torque's Turn!
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:33 am

Torque winced from the moth's attack. Fortunately, he had a few prototypes that might prove useful, but those would take time and concentration from his trump card. He needed something quick.

"So, you like getting minions to do your dirty work, huh? Well, two can play at that game!" Torque pulled out some parts that he quickly snapped together. They formed a bipedal blue robot with yellow pincers for hands and a smiling yellow cylinder for a head. Torque sent a small jolt of electricity into it, and it sprung to its feet. "D-Bot 01, reporting for duty, sir!" the little robot said with a chipper voice as it gave a salute.

The D-Bot model was one of Torque's first robotic designs. They were quick to build, easily portable, and able to follow simple commands. However, the Dummy-Bots were in NO way designed for combat, except possibly as a distraction, or to provide the enemy something expendable to shoot.

Torque's Combat:
(Reference for D-Bot)

"D-Bot, attack one of the eyeball things!" Torque ordered. "Of course, sir" The robot turned toward one of the eyeball creatures, jumped through the air towards it...
D-Bot Combat:

...and promptly bounced off. If the eyeball flinched at all, it was probably due to sensitivity in being poked in the eye, rather than from any great force striking it.

Summary: Torque summons D-Bot, D-Bot attacks Eyeball 1 for 1 damage.
Stats:
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:37 am

The Eyeball shudders from the strike, and for a moment it seems to regain its stability, before a small crack in its pupil widened into a fissure, and the eyeball split in half. The halves dissolve into a swarm of green sparks that fly back into the Giver's body.

The Moth swings around, and the fragile bot crumples from a swipe of its wings, shards of hardened scales slicing into the robot's mechanisms. 

"Back on me, you freak!" Skyline seizes the chance and gives the moth a firm buck to the head, cleanly beheading the creature and causing it to dissolve into a pile of ash and scales. (CRIT! 4 Damage!) "Alright, asshole! Eye on me, lets see what's the best you can do!"

"Do not presume that you can defeat me just because you banished a mere minion, pegasus." It growls, and its armor flares brightly as the ash swirls up back into its essence, seemingly adding a thin layer of shielding atop the glowing pieces.

Crit Effect:

Flashpoint's turn.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:52 am

What, no voluptious fire demons this time?

Flashpoint takes in the traded blows with measured patience, looking for an opening or a weakness. "Try not to break yourself on that thing yet, Sky."

Combat:
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:23 am

In spite of the fiery eyed, magically armored entity standing before him, Skyline manages a thin smirk. "Right, like we haven't been through worse in basic training."

"Don't mock me, you gnat. I will crush you." It slams two hands together, and the party barely has a moment's notice before the air around them warps. The fabric of reality fractures, and then, towering behind the Giver, is a horrific abomination. It vaguely resembles a centaur, with four stocky legs supporting a hulking upper body with long armored forelimbs that reach all the way to the ground. It growls, and its lower jaw parts into two sections; they're bifurcated. "Behold the Mindless Oblivion, nothingness incarnate. Prepare to be sundered into the void, fools."

The Oblivion growls, and takes a single stride forward before swinging its mace-like forelimb at the party.  (7 Damage to All) The remaining 4 eyes also glow dangerously, and another wave of pain passes through the party. (1 Damage to all, this is single target).

Aurora's Turn!
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:45 am

"You sure talk a big game, but all you're doing is-Nngh!" Aurora ducked, but the blow grazed her, knocking her off balance as the shimmer around her seemed to break...She collected herself quickly though, she couldn't afford to overthink it, things were getting nasty... "You broke through, I need to re-enchant that ward...Right, so trying this then!" She focused, her horn glowing brightly, the light collecting and forming what appeared to be a pony-shaped mass of translucent armor plating, though the armor's horn was longer, a blade rather than a focus. She shot another bolt at the Oblivion, which burst before impact, forming a series of pulsing runes that surrounded it. Meanwhile, the spirit, acting on unheard orders, charged the Giver directly, slashing at it before kicking at one of the eyes.

Combatlog:
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:44 am

The Giver growls menacingly, meeting the phantasmal spirit head on. The blade-horn glances off its armored arm, though it bites slightly into the Giver's essence; as wisps of energy escape from the wound, the Giver gives what seems to be a grunt of pain and kicks the spirit in the chest, forcing the entity back but not dealing any damage. The eye, however, crumples on impact, and the Giver scowls, the burning eye somehow twisting into a facsimile of gritted teeth. "Bah. A minor setback. You will not prevent my triumphant return! My power will be unbound! Oblivion, destroy them!"

"Oh no, you don't!" Skyline rushes forward and delivers a powerful buck to the knee of one of the Oblivion's legs, causing the creature to stagger slightly. (4 Damage! Another crit!) "You keep your eyes on me!"

Torque's Turn!
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:32 am

Torque picked himself up from the Oblivion’s attack. “Oh, so you just keep pulling out bigger and badder monsters, huh?” He reached into his saddlebag, pulled out an orange cube with an open panel, and started futzing with the wires. “Just one more connection and…yes!” He closed the panel and used his horn to send a continuous bolt of electricity into the cube, charging it. His expression turned into one of his Smiles as the cube unfolded into a sturdy orange bipedal robot with a head that resembled a kabuto beetle. It was Torque’s most complete offensive prototype, the Battlebot.

Torque Combat:
(Image reference for Battle Bot)

“Ha ha! Never get into an arms race with a Szarnowski! Battlebot, target the armored entity, the centaur, and the eyeballs.  Fire at will!” The Battlebot turned toward the Giver and his crew and started firing pellets at them through guns in its arms.

Battlebot Combat:

Summary: Torque summons Battlebot, all enemies take 6 damage.

Stats:
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:26 am

The Giver's scowl deepens as the battlebot appears, and though the Oblivion quickly steps forward to interfere, it's not quite fast enough to prevent a barrage of shells crashing through its carapace, opening up wounds that spill dark smoke. Worryingly, as the smoke that leaks out touches the rows of seats that line the back of Shayma's room, the wood begins to break down into rot. The Battlebot's mechanisms begin to slow as the gas wraps around it, and Aurora also feels a constricting at her chest. Before the situation can get worse, however, a quick gust of wind blows the gas away from Aurora, and she turns to find Skyline's wings beating furiously, keeping the gas away from the party. However, Skyline's actions mean that the gas manages to get to him instead... (Battlebot and Skyline are both weakened and suffering ongoing 2, save ends both!)

The remainder of the eyes, too, explode into sparks, and the Giver roars in anger before a spray of pellet strikes it in the chest, knocking it back. It staggers for a moment, but rights itself quickly. The eye seems to have morphed into a skull-like shape but without eye sockets. Inside its open mouth, fire burns. "You... You will pay for this! Once I attain my full power, I will turn you all into my slaves!"

Flashpoint's Turn! 
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:11 pm

Must have missed that last post. Also just realized my first two turns were done incorrectly. Whoops.

Flashpoint sparks his hooves again, and flaps into the air, drawing the embers with him. He flies in a fast, rapid orbit around the gem-monster, feeding the embers into flames, striking them against the opponent, where they burn slightly. Then, he flaps up, and delivers a kick with both legs to the back of it, sparking yet more flames against it.

Combat:
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 33 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 33  Next