Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Call of Colthulhu: Team One's Adventures

5 posters

Page 4 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 33  Next

Go down

Call of Colthulhu: Team One's Adventures - Page 4 Empty Re: Call of Colthulhu: Team One's Adventures

Post  Lyntermas Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:35 am

"And I'm Torque, pleasure to meet you...although the circumstances are less than pleasant." Torque followed the others into the room. "Inked Quill informed us of the situation, and we'd like to help in any way we can." He looked over at the other two ponies on the beds. "...I have to ask, what exactly are those two doing?"
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Call of Colthulhu: Team One's Adventures - Page 4 Empty Re: Call of Colthulhu: Team One's Adventures

Post  AleneShazam Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:09 am

The zebra, presumably Pinstripe, shrugs at Torque and Aurora. "We're coping. And you? What are you doing on this fine day?" She turns to her roommates. "Hey, get up already, I know you've past the half hour mark ten minutes ago."

One of the ponies, the large earth pony mare, opens her eyes. "Doesn't hurt to do more, Pin." She looks over the group. "So, super secret security service, huh? I suppose we're the witnesses? Hell, maybe they think we're the suspects."

The slender unicorn stallion sighs and gracefully rises out of the bed. "Don't antagonize the security, Dada. Good... afternoon, I think? Yes. Good afternoon, my name is Verily. You already know Pinstripe's name, and this is Big Daddy, but she calls herself Dada." He gestures at the zebra, then at the earth pony.

"Eloquent as always." Dada chuckles. "No, yeah. I guess you got questions?"

Pinstripe sighs. "If you need any assistance in your investigation. We'll be happy to help."
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:46 pm

"Thank you for your cooperation," Torque said. "To answer your question, Dada, nopony's been suspected of anything. For all we know, Mirrored just found some clever way to bypass the wards to attend to personal business in the city. I think we all just want to make sure that she's safe."

"Could you start by telling us a bit about what Mirrored Clear was like? What subjects did she like to study? What were some things you did together?"
Torque pulled out his notebook and started to write. "Also, what are each of you majoring in?"
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:30 pm

Lyntermas wrote:"Thank you for your cooperation," Torque said. "To answer your question, Dada, nopony's been suspected of anything. For all we know, Mirrored just found some clever way to bypass the wards to attend to personal business in the city. I think we all just want to make sure that she's safe."

"Could you start by telling us a bit about what Mirrored Clear was like? What subjects did she like to study? What were some things you did together?"
Torque pulled out his notebook and started to write. "Also, what are each of you majoring in?"
"Uhm... She's majoring in Magical History, I think?" Pinstripe thinks for a moment. "Yeah, Magical History. She also learns runecraft and alternative magic on the side."

"Don't forget that weird history club she goes to." Dada says, lazily, as she goes to sit down next to Verily. 

"Oh yes, and the history club." Pinstripe nods. "She never was the most active of ponies. Very immersed in the academia. One of the reasons why we offered to bunk with her, actually. The poor girl needed support and company from more than just books, y'know?"

"She was a straight nerd." Dada says, offhandedly. "I mean, anypony who enrols in this school has bound to have a bit of nerd in 'em, but she had literally no life."

"Yes, Dada. She was very... bookish, let's say." Verily says.

"We try and make her get out more when we can." Pinstripe says, sighing. "But we realized early on that she wasn't going to be a social butterfly. With her looks and talents, she probably could be, but we didn't want to push her too much. So it's basically pizza night on fridays and book appreciation with Verily and I on tuesdays. We do eat together, when we can, but sometimes that can get in the way of our schedule."

"By the way, I take alternative magic as my major." Dada says.

"Advanced illusory studies." Verily's horn lights up and the magic forms into a spectral butterfly, which makes it a few feet before dissipating.

"Showoff." Dada mutters. 

"And I take zoology. Metazoology to be exactly." Pinstripe says. "So magical creatures, cryptids, mythical animals, that's my thing."
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:30 pm

"Right, right." Flashpoint looks around. "So what's so weird about the history club? Anything we might be interested in?"
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:02 am

A1C Bronymous wrote:"Right, right." Flashpoint looks around. "So what's so weird about the history club? Anything we might be interested in?"
"It's weird." Dada says. "I dunno. Doesn't feel right."

"What she means is that the club doesn't teach conventional history, from what I could gather from Clear. Ancient artifacts, old civilisations, it seems more like an archeology club than a history club, really. I think they tried to petition a trip up north beyond the Crystal Range, but it fell through due to lack of funding." Pinstripe muses. "Honestly I have no idea what's up with them. But hey, Ancient History is a minor course that we can take, I figure that's just the club that goes along with it?"
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:33 am

Torque continued writing in his notebook. "Was Mirrored Clear acting strangely or out-of-character this past week? When did you first think she had gone missing? Also," Torque pulled out the pendant that Inked Quill had given them. "Have any of you seen this before?"
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:34 pm

Lyntermas wrote:Torque continued writing in his notebook. "Was Mirrored Clear acting strangely or out-of-character this past week? When did you first think she had gone missing? Also," Torque pulled out the pendant that Inked Quill had given them. "Have any of you seen this before?"
"...Shit." Pinstripe says, her eyes widening.

Dada squints. "Ain't that... Ain't that Mirror's, uh, engagement thingy?"

"She vowed never to abandon it." Verily says softly. "That in itself is incredibly out of character. She once hexed the whole dorm so that she could find the pony who stole it from her, that one time. She's real serious about that pendant."

"As for her..." Pinstripe swallows, eyeing the pendant uneasily. "Behaviour, I do think she was acting a little odd. But she always acts odd before tests. She felt kinda more jittery than usual, and didn't really talk to me- us. She didn't really talk to us."

"She had the opportunity to speak as student of honour this morning." Verily says. "Apparently they managed to switch the events around to cover it up. But she'd never miss an event like this, ever. She wouldn't leave the room if we tried to drag her out. She left, and maybe we thought it was to grab something quick. An hour later and she didn't come back. We got worried, and looked around the dorms and the cafeteria. When we didn't find her we immediately reported this to dean Inked Quill."

"So around seven or eight at night, I guess." Dada said.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:53 pm

"I'm not really any kind of expert..." Flashpoint prefaces, probably quite obviously, "Is the pendant old? The design maybe? Would it have any link to any of the things they study in that club?"
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:20 pm

A1C Bronymous wrote:"I'm not really any kind of expert..." Flashpoint prefaces, probably quite obviously, "Is the pendant old? The design maybe? Would it have any link to any of the things they study in that club?"
"Dada?" Verily glances at the large mare. "Your go."

"Well. Mirror's really the history gal, but according to her the pendant ain't anything special, least in terms of value."

"It was important to her." Pinstripe says softly. "She, uhm, came from a very... old fashioned family. That pendant is the engagement jewellery for her arranged marriage. Her family let her come and study, before heading back home to... marry."
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:08 pm

"Hmm. Did she ever discuss who she was engaged to? Was it someone she was interested in, or someone she would avoid if she could?" Torque continued to write, but kept an eye on Pinstripe. He had an inkling that she had a...closer relationship with Mirrored than the others, and wanted to take note of her reaction.

Rolling Perception...14 (1d20) + 8 = 22
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:34 am

"Arranged marriage? Ponies still do that?" Flashpoint doesn't say anything else quite yet, opting not to voice the new, albeit rather crude theory he just thought of. Not of ten ponies are too excited about being told who to marry, after all.

Does that count as an assist, fishing for a reaction? If so I'll roll for it.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:17 am

"Yeah. Yeah, ponies still do that." Pinstripe grunts. Torque can easily see that Pinstripe is salty beyond recognition. "Mirror doesn't talk much about it. She never said much about not liking it though. In fact she rarely ever talks about the arrangement."

"She don't tell us a lot about her personal life." Dada shrugs.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:29 pm

Torque finishes writing a few more notes, then puts the notebook away. "I see. Given that Mirrored wasn't too forthcoming about herself, even to her friends, it's a bit difficult to establish motive. Leaving her pendant behind may mean that her disappearance had a drastic purpose...or was involuntary."

Torque felt there wasn't a polite to say "we need to rummage through her stuff", but he tried to be diplomatic. "Could one of you point out which nightstand was hers? I'm afraid further investigation may be necessary."
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:30 am

Lyntermas wrote:Torque finishes writing a few more notes, then puts the notebook away. "I see. Given that Mirrored wasn't too forthcoming about herself, even to her friends, it's a bit difficult to establish motive. Leaving her pendant behind may mean that her disappearance had a drastic purpose...or was involuntary."

Torque felt there wasn't a polite to say "we need to rummage through her stuff", but he tried to be diplomatic. "Could one of you point out which nightstand was hers? I'm afraid further investigation may be necessary."
"It's the bed with the folded sheets." Pinstripe says, sighing. "If you'll excuse me I'm going to be doing some reading. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask Verily or Dada."

The nightstand itself seems unremarkable, made of plain unpainted oak, with two sets of drawers. On top are piled textbooks and stationery.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:44 am

Flashpoint goes over to the nightstand and, a bit cautiously, pulls open the first drawer. "Has anyone gone through these books for clues yet?" He asks Skyline, but is suggesting it to the other team members. Meanwhile, he rummages around the drawer for anything of note.

That was hard to write- I forgot which of you was the unicorn and could telekinesis the books to search them quickly.
Perception to search the top drawer: 13+11=24
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:24 am

"I'll take a gander," Torque used his Telekinesis to lift the books, perusing the titles and flipping through the pages to see if anything was bookmarked, highlighted, or could fall out.

Rolling Perception...17 (1d20) + 8 = 25

OOC: Aurora and Torque are both unicorns. Watch as we use our telekinesis to play Keep Away with an earth pony in the middle.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:24 am

"Not really, no." Skyline shakes his head. "We haven't had a chance to do so."

A cursory look over the books on top of the nightstand comes up with nothing too suspect. A few textbooks on ancient history, more recent magical breakthroughs, and a compendium on Starswirl the Bearded's discoveries, intermediate and advanced editions. A small notebook and a couple of pens, most rather mundane but one a fancy fountain pen, can be found as well.

The inside of the nightstand is curiously bare, and with a quick check Flashpoint is certain that the drawer was occupied until very recently. The dust at the sides had signs of fabric rubbing up against the walls of the drawer, and a few bits and bobbles of something or other lay untouched at the bottom of the drawer. Such bits and bobbles include actual bits, a few foreign coins, a ring, a small locket type jewellery, and a dull looking gem.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:29 am

Torque decided to take a look through the notebook, as it would be the most likely thing to actually have Mirrored's thoughts. He wondered if there could be any clues: a cipher, traces of invisible ink, some type of enchantment?

Rolling Perception for hidden stuff in the notebook... Natural 1! + 8 = 9

"Aurora, could you have a look at some of these baubles to see if you can find anything magical about them?" Torque took a look at the foreign coins to see if he could determine where they originated from.

Rolling History for identifying coins and baubles...19(1d20) + 10 = 29
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:41 pm

Aurora had been quiet, obviously, considering what they were being told. She may have just run away, but from what Pinstripe and the others were saying, something just didn't feel right with that theory...Something was up, but it wasn't anything that she could put a hoof too. Though, she snapped out of her reverie when Torque addressed her. "Hmm? OH! Sure thing. Let's see what we have here. Ah, jewelry's usually a good starting point for enchantments, but...Let's see...Hmm..." She levitated the various baubles over, taking a close look at them, trying to identify any enchantments, current or lingering, on them.

---

Rolling Arcana to try and ID any magical properties:
1d20+15 = 17+15 = 32. If it's relevant, my priorities for inspection are:
The gem
The ring
The locket
The journal
The coins
The bits.

...Presumably when Torque isn't actively messing with them. I'M STILL HERE! ...Just didn't feel right doing the whole 'they sat there and listened' posts during the questioning. Torque is officially the face now apparently. Razz
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:07 pm

OOC:

"No, please, be my guest." Flashpoint backs away from the drawer as the Unicorns begin levitating everything around to examine them. "It looks like something's been removed recently. Do any of you know what she normally kept in this drawer?" He asks the roommates, to include Skyline.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:04 am

Lyntermas wrote:Torque decided to take a look through the notebook, as it would be the most likely thing to actually have Mirrored's thoughts. He wondered if there could be any clues: a cipher, traces of invisible ink, some type of enchantment?

Rolling Perception for hidden stuff in the notebook... Natural 1! + 8 = 9

"Aurora, could you have a look at some of these baubles to see if you can find anything magical about them?" Torque took a look at the foreign coins to see if he could determine where they originated from.

Rolling History for identifying coins and baubles...19(1d20) + 10 = 29
Torque thinks he finds a grammatical error on the first page, but realizes that it's just Baltimarean slang for a tough day.
However, his analysis of the baubles prove a bit more promising. 
The bits are just that, bits, probably change left over from some late night snack run. The coins are primarily griffonic gryphs, but there are also a couple of silver prongs from the Shimmerwood and even a chain link from the Minotaur lands. The ring is intricately crafted, a bicolored sapphire shifting between blue and violet set in its center. The locket seems to be made of polished brass, but not of a style that you recognise to be from any recent schools. The gem you recognise to be Avantine, a rare precious gemstone that's comprised of equal parts blue sapphire and amethyst, a crystalline blue with even purple stripes going through it.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:14 am

Caden2112 wrote:Aurora had been quiet, obviously, considering what they were being told. She may have just run away, but from what Pinstripe and the others were saying, something just didn't feel right with that theory...Something was up, but it wasn't anything that she could put a hoof too. Though, she snapped out of her reverie when Torque addressed her. "Hmm? OH! Sure thing. Let's see what we have here. Ah, jewelry's usually a good starting point for enchantments, but...Let's see...Hmm..." She levitated the various baubles over, taking a close look at them, trying to identify any enchantments, current or lingering, on them.

---

Rolling Arcana to try and ID any magical properties:
1d20+15 = 17+15 = 32. If it's relevant, my priorities for inspection are:
The gem
The ring
The locket
The journal
The coins
The bits.

...Presumably when Torque isn't actively messing with them. I'M STILL HERE! ...Just didn't feel right doing the whole 'they sat there and listened' posts during the questioning. Torque is officially the face now apparently. Razz
The gem: There's something up with it but you're not quite sure. It feels magical, but you have trouble pinpointing exactly what's magical about it. In fact, you'd go far enough to say that the enchantment is actively avoiding detection.
The ring: It's just a ring.
The locket: Again, like the gem, you sense something odd but can't quite define it.
The journal: There's nothing magical about the journal. 
The coins and bits: unimportant.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:22 am

A1C Bronymous wrote:"No, please, be my guest." Flashpoint backs away from the drawer as the Unicorns begin levitating everything around to examine them. "It looks like something's been removed recently. Do any of you know what she normally kept in this drawer?" He asks the roommates, to include Skyline.
"Um... clothes?" Pinstripe says. "Some random bits, her unused books in the second drawer... The first drawer was things of personal importance, and we don't touch that one. The second drawer is mostly school supplies."

"Oh, if you need to remove anything feel free, I'll handle the paperwork later." Skyline says to Torque and Aurora. "And sorry for intruding but I need to search your drawers as well." He moves to search through the other drawers. "Just in case, you understand. Flash, mind if you lend me a hoof?"
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:54 am

"Uh... yeah. Should only take a minute." Despite what he believes is his authoritative stature, Flashpoint glances at the roommates with a bit of reluctance, still not completely comfortable with just going through their stuff. Still, he had a job to do, and he begins searching the drawers that are most likely Pinstripe's*.

I guess they'd be the closest to her bed? Or if there's no reasonable way to tell, then he's just guessing.
Perception: 16+11=27, for anything odd or out of place, missing, incriminating, embarrassing, etc.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 33  Next