Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Call of Colthulhu: Team One's Adventures

5 posters

Page 32 of 33 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Go down

Call of Colthulhu: Team One's Adventures - Page 32 Empty Re: Call of Colthulhu: Team One's Adventures

Post  Lyntermas Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:53 am

"I think I can pretty much confirm the "other people are aware of us" theory," Torque said. "When I went to check out of the hotel, I found my room trashed and a message left by the cult of Al'Th'Ki, saying "We know you were there. Don't interfere. This is none of your business." I wouldn't go as far as to say that they'll be aware of our every move, but they at least know that we're "in the game", so to speak."

Torque thought a moment. "If Moon Gazer's mental connection can be hijacked, there's also the possibility that our minds are vulnerable as well when we're linked up with her. I swear, I need to see if Moon Gazer has any books on bolstering mental defenses. Mind-messing seems to be all too common with these cultist types, and we can't always rely on Aurora's emergency mind-clearing spell or a possibly benevolent barkeeper to get us out of trouble. Darling might know a few tricks, but...well, I'm not entirely sure about how much we can trust him. I...might have one trick that could throw anyone trying to mind-mess me for a loop, but I can wait to test that later."
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Call of Colthulhu: Team One's Adventures - Page 32 Empty Re: Call of Colthulhu: Team One's Adventures

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:48 pm

"Well, what options do we have at the moment? I don't know what the shadow thing even was, just that our faceless friend was pretty terrified of it. I'm not sure we should be too quick to track down these guys if they have something like that waiting for us." Flashpoint ruffles his wings, put off by the whole situation.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:14 pm

"Pft, they were worried about that Giver thing and we pretty much beat it down, right?" Aurora waved a hoof idly, grinning. "But Torque's right. It takes a lot out of me to cast that spell, and it does rely on me realizing there's trouble. I plan on putting an alarm up on my room though, just in case somepony tries to sneak in. This is quickly becoming an annoyance, though, that any answer is accompanied by a half-dozen questions."
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:11 am

"It does seem a bit overwhelming at the moment, I must confess. But bear in mind, we've only started on this cultist business yesterday. Given time, we'll figure out more of their tricks and hopefully figure out how to circumvent them. Besides, we've got Moon Gazer looking into leads and keeping us informed, so we're not completely flying blind. I'm sure that tomorrow will grant us direction, and possibly clarity." Torque looked over at the bunks. "Now, unless either of you requires any mechanical services, I think I will hit the sack (thought I'm not sure how the time perception will affect my sleep cycle)."
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:04 pm

"Yeah, I could sleep. I'll be in here if any monsters attack." Flashpoint nods at his room as he retreats toward it.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:56 pm

(I'm assuming all the mortal PCs go to sleep then)

That night, the three ponies dream their normal, regular dreams. It's a nice break from the eldritch horrors of the day, as though Luna herself blessed them with a restful sleep.

Then suddenly, they're in Eloquence's bar, sat together in a table near the corner of the room. A quick bewildered glance between them tells them that all three of them are conscious and actually present, but that glance is quickly directed to the only other occupied table in Eloquence's bar, occupied by Eloquence herself, as well as a distressed looking Deep Secret, having a conversation.

The sound of their talking is muffled somehow, making it very hard to make out what the two are saying.

((Perception Prompt for the conversation, and another Perception or Arcana for something else))
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:38 am

Torque blinked and looked around in confusion. How in Equestria were they back in Eloquence's bar? Sleep-walking? Some strange function of their "lost time"? A shared dream, perhaps?

He tried to listen to the conversation without bringing attention to himself. Hopefully he could hear something that would provide some context of what was going on.

Rolling Perception for conversation...18 (1d20) + 8 = 26
Rolling Perception for...something else...14 (1d20) + 8 = 22
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:01 pm

What in the-...This was strange, very strange. Had they been abducted? Hmm. That seemed unlikely, but possible...Still, Aurora listened, leaning forward to try and figure out what was going on...She seemed slightly less interested in the conversation as opposed to how they got here, though.

---

Perception:
1d20+8 = 6+8 = 14

Arcana:
1d20+15 = 17+15 = 32
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:35 pm

Flashpoint blinks. "....Ahhh, now what time is it?" He complains loudly, assuming time has once again skipped. He looks around for the offending barkeep.

Perception checks- Convo: 8+11=19, Other: 16+11=27
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:34 pm

Torque catches most of the conversation, while Aurora and Flashpoint have a little trouble, being preoccupied with magicking and complaining, respectively.

"--Mirrored has no idea what she's getting into." Deep Secret says, notably agitated. "She's a damn good ritualist, but no mortal should go near that book-"

"Mirrored is a grown mare, Secret. Her life is her own, as are her circumstances," Eloquence replies, casually sipping from a tall cocktail glass containing a vibrant orange drink. "All she asks for is a secure location, and the interior of Sanctuary is one of the safest in this city... sans my bar, of course, but we both know she can't do that in here."

"I know, I know... but doesn't she get that it's dangerous? She could attract the wrong kind of attention... she's already on the radar of some of the other groups in the city. Those Dason parasites have their eyes on her, I know."

"The church of Dason have their eyes on everyone, Secret." Eloquence lays her head down on the table, looking idly at Deep Secret. "What's done is done. It's earlier than what was expected, but now more than ever she needs you as a friend. You don't know when someone might just break in..."

She lets the sentence trail off, continuing to casually sip at her drink.

Flashpoint and Torque notice over the duration of the conversation that the two on the other table haven't looked over in their direction even once, but Flashpoint in particular can tell that Deep Secret is completely oblivious to their presence, as though they don't exist. Eloquence is, like last time, much harder to read. They also notice that the edges of the bar seem to blur slightly, like it's going out of focus.

Aurora, meanwhile, immediately picks up on a very complex spell system furiously at work around them, concealing their presence as well as doing something so monstrously complicated that she can only begin to guess at its full purpose. Time magic, dream magic, elements of soul energy and astral projection are all condensed together to bring them here and keep them here. Where 'here' is, she has no idea, but she does realize that they're probably in a lucid dream state rather than physically being there. Their consciousness was detached and brought to this representation of Eloquence's bar for some reason, but the source of the magic, and if there are any consequences, is unknown to her.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:37 pm

"This...is the past?" Torque asked. "Or at least a vision of it. I think they're talking about letting Mirrored using Sanctuary as a place for her soul-separation. Deep seems concerned for Mirrored's welfare, but Eloquence is saying that..."what's done is done"? Are they referring to Mirrored getting the Apocrypha, or making the philosopher's blood, or something else?" Torque tried getting off his chair and moving closer to better hear what they were saying (while trying not to touch anything. It was probably just a dream and there was no way actually influence things, but one couldn't be too careful.

Rolling Perception for further conversation...18 (1d20) + 8 = 26
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:28 pm

"That...Sounds right. There's some kind of time magic at work here, dream magic too. Something else, though, messing with soul energy, kind of like astral projection...I don't think we can affect anything right now...Well, probably not." Aurora looked around, trying to tell what the limit of their little bubble was...
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:11 pm

"Ok, so if I can't affect anything, what happens if I try to leave?" Flashpoint trots over to the door, trying to either open it, or if he is a ghost in this vision of the past and can't touch anything, simply move right through it.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:01 am

As they've been sitting on chairs the whole time, Flashpoint can probably guess that his hoof would be able to interact with the door as though he was tangible. However, before he can actually touch the door, he's stopped by a familiar silken voice belonging to a certai  earth pony mare. "I wouldn't try that if I were you, dear."

When he looks back, however, Eloquence is still engaged in conversation with Deep Secret. Now that there's a comparison, though, Flashpoint can tell that there's a  difference in the voices - where Eloquence sounds normal in the conversation with Deep Secret, the voice that spoke to Flashpoint seems to have a few more layers, like many voices speaking at once. That said, both voices unmistakably belong to Eloquence.

As far as Aurora can tell, the area of strange spatial-temporal properties extends to the whole room, but she doesn't know immediately if it goes beyond the room.

Meanwhile, Torque continues to listen in to the conversation...

"Sanctuary will keep her safe," Deep Secret says confidently, though she still sighs and takes a long drink. "...But, you have a point. The soul distillation was successful. All that's left is protecting her while sending her through... though that's no easy task.

"No, it isn't." Eloquence agrees, drinking alongside Deep Secret. "It took a harmonic artifact to send a single alicorn to the moon... what you're attempting is much further away."

"The stars..." Deep Secret breathes, staring up at the old wooden ceiling of the bar. "Maybe when this city's bit the dust, we'll follow after her."

Eloquence says nothing, but sips at the glass (magically refilled with a clear drink) and smiles mysteriously.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:30 pm

Now listening to the topic of conversation, drawn back as he was by the second voice, the words set Flashpoint's nerves on edge. "Alright, I don't really know what they're talking about, but if they're referencing Nightmare Moon, and helping Mirrored do... whatever it is she did..." He trails off, staring down the two drinking ponies. "Something's wrong, and we need to leave."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:34 pm

"...I'm sorry, but we are getting information that may help decide the fate of this city, and you want to leave? If Eloquence is deciding to show us this conversation, there must be a reason. If the intent was to harm us, what is she waiting for? Besides, I'm not sure if trying to leave could cause psychic backlash or get us lost in the realm of dreams or something."

"Yet seeing this only makes Eloquence's motivations murkier. She steals our time, but shielded our minds. She helped facilitate this whole mess, but now she's telling us her and Deep's plans."
Torque looked up at the ceiling. "I don't suppose you could tell us what your game is, could you? Who's side are you on? What do you want?"

Rolling Persuasion for Eloquence...2 (1d20) + 11 = 13
Rolling Perception for the conversation...11 (1d20) + 8 =19
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:55 pm

"They seem quick to write this city off...Hmm. Maybe she's trying to play all sides to achieve her own goals, whatever they are. I agree with Flashpoint that something's wrong here, but I can't quite put my hoof on it. ...Infuriating, really, the more we learn about this situation, the less I understand about it...What do they gain by sending her...Wherever they plan to? How will they even know if they succeeded, if they're aiming to shoot past even the moon?" Aurora paced back and forth, shaking her head in growing frustration, trying to puzzle it out. Was there anything in that book she'd read about-...Her expression faltered for a moment. "Are they trying to send her to the center of the universe? That's insane! If they're right about this Azathoth I read about, it's been doing quite a lot just by being asleep, what happens if it awakens?"
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:29 am

The scene shifts suddenly - a blink, and Eloquence and Deep Secret are on another table. The ponies find themselves back around a table (if they left the table at all), though the sudden change in position doesn't seem to have any harmful effect other than being really jarring as there was literally no transition. After a moment to compose themselves, the surroundings come into focus, much faster than before. The image is a lot clearer too now that they think about it, like a filter was lifted between the previous moment and this one.

Deep Secret looks more haggard and tired, with puffy red eyes like she's been crying, and Eloquence is patting her on the back comfortingly.

"...it all happened so quickly, I could barely react to it." Deep Secret looks like she was in the middle of a sentence when the scene shifted in, so Torque only catches half of it. "I couldn't... I couldn't stop them..."

Eloquence smiles sadly at her, "We often find ourselves helpless in our line of business, dear. You did what you could. Your flock is safe, at least. You've protected them, as is your duty."

Deep Secret glares angrily at Eloquence, but the fury fades quickly as she registers the logic in Eloquence's words. "She... she knew the risks." Deep Secret mumbles, taking a heavy drink from a glass. "She knew someone was going to show up."

"You didn't expect two groups of intruders at once. It's only natural." Eloquence says. "Honestly, I think you made the right call. Mirrored would have wanted you to protect your children, too."

"But now she's gone..." Deep Secret sniffs. "Those... Al'Th'Ki bastards... what do they even want with her?"

Eloquence shrugs. "They're rabid. Who knows what they want? But the enchantments are strong - the gem will keep her safe, at least for now."

"Right." Deep Secret's expression hardens into a determined look. "Until I can get to her."

Eloquence shrugs again, but for the briefest of moments a ghost of a smirk can be seen on her muzzle as she says, "Until someone gets to her, yes."
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:12 pm

Flashpoint lets out an annoyed sigh, resting his chin on a hoof. "Ok, I follow this one. Which are we, one of the intruding groups or the 'someone' that's gona find her? Or both?"
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:00 am

"...Both, I believe. This scene must have happened after we left. It certainly clarifies a few things: while we were talking with Deep Secret down in the Sage Grove, some Al'Th'Ki cultists were staging their own attack. Somepony (at this point, my money's on Eloquence) alerted us by pretending to be our patron, presumably both to let us inform Deep Secret indirectly, and to get us out of the way so Deep could take on the real threat. This also explains her note about 'back when things stop blowing up'."

Torque sighed. "If nothing else, these memories show that Eloquence and Deep Secret share our concern for Mirrored's safety (albeit in a WIDE range of the word "safe"). I'm sure the implication is that we are willing to try and rescue Mirrored Clear...which is fairly true. It is strange, though, that she seems to be making us more aware of what's going on (and what she can do) than Deep Secret. Eloquence is taking quite a gamble on us to try and keep Mirrored Clear...safe..."

A Note Found in a Locket:

"...That's a thought...but now's not the time." Torque turned back to the conversation memory to see if there were any more clues.

"
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:36 am

"Tell me if I'm being too paranoid..." Deep Secret starts, before she's lightly cut off by a laugh from Eloquence.

"As if that could ever be true in our field."

Deep Secret looks slightly annoyed at Eloquence, but continues with her sentence, "Doesn't it feel like there's... something more going on? Baltimare has always been a stable location for worship... it's why Sanctuary chose here as her final resting place, after all, but there's been so much upheaval ever since the second crossing. It's as though the King's appearance set something into motion, but I can't put my hoof on what..."

"Our gods are entities of universal chaos, my dear. Stability was never one of their strong suits." Eloquence says calmly, "Perhaps someone decided that Equestria has been harmonious for too long. Either way, it is not our place to guess at the grand design of the old ones."

"And the three intruders with the Mask... they didn't seem like worshipers. If outsiders are starting to get suspicious, I can't imagine the Dason parasites staying quiet about it..." Deep Secret sighs. "Things used to be so much more simple..."

Eloquence smiles and nods. "They were. Now, I think that's quite enough for one day. You should get some sleep, so you can wake up bright and early. There's a gem to be found, after all."

The three don't manage to catch the end of the conversation as the vision/dream/world around them fades away to darkness

---

All three wake up feeling surprisingly well-rested for a night filled with strange dreams, and they find outside their doors both a tray of simple (but filling) breakfast and a polite summons to Moon Gazer's chamber after they've had their fill. The Mask (if he's around) also receives such a summons.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:05 pm

Aurora blinked, looking around as she awoke, as if trying to determine if she was in another dream or not. That had been...Unusual. Were they meant to eavesdrop on that? Was there more to it? Regardless, she ate and answered the summons, looking around to make sure the others were there as well once she had arrived at Moon's chambers. "Good morning. How does today find you?"
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:00 pm

Flashpoint waits in the room, having quickly jumped out of bed after awaking from the dream visions, to make sure he didn't forget them. He looks as surly and unhappy as ever, hoping the others arrive quickly so he can get some answers. "Well I'm not tired or hungry, so that's a plus. Still wrapped up in all this cult garbage, so points off for that."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:42 pm

((Since it's been around two weeks since previous GM post, I'll assume it's OK to move on))
Moon Gazer looks slightly better than her tired state yesterday, and she smiles at the group as they gather in the chamber.
"Good morning. I hope our accommodations were satisfactory for you all."

"As you all might now be aware, we have reason to believe that somehow, the Al'Th'Ki cultists are involved in this. Our intelligence suggests simultaneous to your infiltration, the Al'Th'Ki staged their own assault on Deep Secret's compound, and as I understand it some of you have seen the Al'Th'Ki cult's intervention first hand..."
She looks to Torque, and Flashpoint.

She then moves to pass copies of the Baltimare Daily newspaper to the assembled group, with the headlines clear: 'Disappearances escalate: Port-town stricken by Five missing overnight'. The article goes into some more detail about a rash of new disappearances around the port area of Baltimare, suspected to be linked to the series of missing ponies which Dean Inked Quill previously described to the group.

"The Al'Th'Ki cult is known to frequent the port area among other places. Given how bold they've been acting, and knowing their modus operandi, I suspect this is all leading up to something which could be very disastrous."

She pauses for a moment, seeing if anyone has anything to say.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:17 am

"...Ahem, we, uh, may have discovered alternate confirmation of some of this information last night," Torque said, finishing off a muffin from breakfast. "Now, I could be wrong, but I believe Aurora, Flashpoint, and I were brought into some sort of memory-dream. We were relayed a set of memories of conversations that occurred between Eloquence and Deep Secret. I'm fairly certain that it was Eloquence herself that was responsible for this."

"The first memory was from some time ago. Deep Secret was anxious about Mirrored researching the , and Eloquence was requesting that Deep Secret allow Mirrored to use the interior of Sanctuary as a safe place to perform some type of ritual. Her soul had already been "distilled", but apparently she was trying to transport herself "to the stars", which seems quite the difficult task. Moon Gazer also mentioned something about "Maybe when this city's bit the dust, we'll follow after her," which has a certain...foreboding about it."

"The second memory was more recent. It relayed that the Al'Th'Ki had indeed infiltrated the caves while we were talking with Moon Gazer. Moon Gazer had managed to keep her flock safe, but the cultists managed to make off with Mirrored Clear's soulstone. Moon Gazer seemed determined to retrieve the soulstone, but Eloquence seemed to imply that she anticipated us getting it back first. Also, Moon Gazer made some mention about Sanctary as a person who made Baltimare her final resting place, and some mention about how things started to shake up after "the second crossing" and "the King's appearance.""
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 33 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33  Next