Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Call of Colthulhu: Team Two's Adventures

5 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Call of Colthulhu: Team Two's Adventures - Page 2 Empty Re: Call of Colthulhu: Team Two's Adventures

Post  sunbeam Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:31 am

Spoiler:

At this point the lack of concrete information about the Griffin's hometown was fishy, and his answer to the next question could easily push it into downright funky territory, so Eaglesong just nods in affirmation at Starglass' questions to her, so that...Kunolf? Kunolf couldn't use an excuse to change the subject.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Call of Colthulhu: Team Two's Adventures - Page 2 Empty Re: Call of Colthulhu: Team Two's Adventures

Post  Sliverbrony Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:31 pm

Kunolf, turning his gaze towarss the other mare again says: "Well I started traveling about a week after that costumer fell comatose, so I have been traveling for some months now, but I started to travel to baltimare about two weeks ago and arrived the day before yesterday, but what about you? I believe you would have traveled quite some distance too, coming here from the Empire."

Sliverbrony
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrestial Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:29 pm

Starglass pursued no further conversation with Eaglesong, as the latter seemed to have visibly taken interest in the Griffin's story. The Crystal Pony nodded slightly at what Kunolf said, as that sounded about right - the mass coma incident did happen a few months ago. While that affirmed one thing, it made other fuzzy. What kind of a customer was it to have the chef pursue hints to its awakening so extensively? Presuming it might have been a delicate question, the crystal mare did not dwelve further in that topic. Instead, she said:

"I must commend you on your commitment, mr. Leifson. As for me... it took me eight days. That could've actually lasted way shorter, as i travelled by train - since there's an established, working line between Crystal Empire and Baltimare, through Canterlot - but i've been tasked with taking care of a few official matters in the capitol along the way. A bit of a shame, really, as the initial plans were that i cover the distance to Manehattan via a chariot and take a ship - and honestly, i would've loved an opportunity to visit the coast towns - but i guess it was just not meant to be. We all make sacrifices in this time of need, be it big or small... "

Starglass did not sound overly sad about not having had that chance though. At best, moderately disappointed. Did she long accept what had to happen? Was her duty so important that everything else was second to it anyway? Maybe she was a mare who did not care that much about sightseeing after all? Perhaps she just added that to fuel the fire of conversation along the way to the Medics' meeting, as it seemed to have been dying down?
Whatever the true reason was, it remained a mystery to her present companions.
Terrestial
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sliverbrony Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:03 am

As the Crystal mare talks about making sacrifices, Kunolf cringes faintly, but doesn´t say anything.

Last edited by Sliverbrony on Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sliverbrony
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:07 am

As an awkward silence stretches before the trio in the wake of Starglass' last comment, Eaglesong sees no reason not to break it. "Starglass, what was your panel about? Scalps was not particularly forthcoming about why he was attending it."
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrestial Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:17 pm

Starglass, despite not showing it, was a bit disappointed in the Griffin's reaction. Was he so above that word or was that word above him?
Either way, what he'd shown disqualified him in a way the crystal mare deemed important.
Presuming it might have been a delicate matter for Kunolf and wishing to save him the embarassment of making the situation awkward by keeping silent, she politely turned her attention towards Eaglesong, not hestitating in answering the Pegasus:

"The one Mr. Sterile attended?" - the Crystal Pony repeated, recalling briefly the material of that particular series of speeches - "Basically, it dealt with similarities King Sombra's mass mind-numbing spell bore to the recent coma incident - as the source of both has been established as a primarily psychic backlash - as well as possible solutions related to reverse-engineering the process. In retrospect, considering what you've told me about your Unicorn mentor's expertise on traumas, i'm not surprised to have seen him there... you don't wish for me to elaborate now, do you? As much as i'd be inclined to do that, i think we should be reaching our destination soon..."
Terrestial
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:17 am

As she says that, the trio walk pass the last doorway and are confronted with closed doors labeled "Meeting Room" and underneath that on a post it note "Coma Crisis Response Team Meeting in Progress".
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sliverbrony Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:23 pm

After reading the note on the door, Kunolf turns to his companions and asks: "So We are her but may I ask, did you come here for this meeting or is there something else going on later in this room?"

Sliverbrony
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:40 pm

"This should be us." Eaglesong says, approaching the door. "You're welcome to come in with us, though I can't say how much of the medical jargon you'll understand." She's about to knock, but hesitates and turns to Starglass. "You're the one that's properly invited, so it's probably best if they see your face first." She says, a little apologetically.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrestial Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:02 pm

"This meeting only, at least as far as i'm concerned. For now... I do not know of anything going on here afterwards, i'm afraid" - the crystal mare was a bit curious as to why would the griffin inquire about possible events here. She decided it's not a good moment to concentrate on that though...

One moment - was he actually planning on staying here? Eaglesong's extending of invitation stayed in the air there... well, it was technically a day open to public, yet the part it involved was primarily consisting of speeches... as far she she understood it, this meeting, in such a faraway meeting room, with medical experts sharing their opinions while actually working on getting something done, could have been as much professional, as it might have been private. She looked perplexed over that fact there for a while. She hoped the Pegasus wasn't too hasty with her proposition, as she would have to cross her words and be the one accounted responsible, if anything.

"Yes... allow me, i'll have some insight in how things are running first though " - the mare responds to Eaglesong, addressing the aforementioned matter too, before stepping forward. She knocks at the door a few times and enters shortly thereafter.
Terrestial
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:45 pm

"Ah... Crap."

The moment the ponies (and griffon) enter, they see not a meeting of ponies, but a large figure, probably a griffon, clothed in black, standing in a room. The room is otherwise deserted, with the table and desks set out in meeting format, but with nopony but the other griffon there.

(Roll perception)
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sliverbrony Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:25 pm

"well I´ll just come in and ask if any refreshments are needed if thats okay?" Kunolf replies before entering.
perception: 1d20+9 14

Sliverbrony
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:24 am

Eaglesong was immediately suspicious, but tried her damnedest not to show it. "We're, erm, here for a meeting? Where the devil is everyone?"

ooc:
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:07 am

"Oh, I'm sorry, but the meeting was over a short while ago. I'm just part of the cleanup crew." The (female) griffon says, pushing a chair out of the way. To most of the ponies, she seems completely honest, but Eaglesong with her experience can tell that this griffoness is just very, very good at lying. "You'll be better off looking elsewhere if you're searching for something."

Furthermore, Eaglesong also notices that there is a slight bulge in the griffoness' clothing, at the side of her waist. It looks vaguely triangular.

Last edited by AleneShazam on Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrestial Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:18 pm

In response to previous GM post, with his consent:

Starglass, upon seeing lack of the desired ponies' meeting, was both a bit surprised and disappointed. Did her speeches take up so long as to make her miss on that opportunity?

She focused her sight on the lonely figure, perhaps the only viable one to give a coherent answer regarding the situation. What caught the crystal mare's attention were the words used to greet the trio.

What would justify using a swear word in such a situation?

"Excuse us, we were told a meeting is being held here... are we interrupting anything?" - Starglass, being the compassionate mare, inquired about the reason for the grifoness's worry first.

Perception check: 10 + d20 (2) = 12
Terrestial
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:20 am

Eaglesong sometimes wondered what the crooks and cheats of the world would sell to prevent their pupils from dilating.

She opens the second of the double doors and steps around Starglass, glancing around the room wildly. "I was so sure it was this room!" She says emphatically, bumping past the griffon and moving towards the far wall. As Eaglesong pushes past her, the pegasus does her best to lodge a wing tip on the hidden item, trying to dislodge it or even knock it away from them both, before moving past the griffon to a corner of the room. "Is this one of those rooms where the wall folds out to make the room bigger? I've seen those around here today." She asks, pushing and prodding at the wall as she turns around to see if anything fell free.

ooc:
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:46 am

With a brush of the wings, Eaglesong just manages to catch a wingtip on the object and deftly twisted it out from under the griffon's clothing. 
Unfortunately, the force required to dislodge the object made it less than subtle.

A matte black triangular object drops onto the floor with a clatter: a trench knife, covered in what looks to be blood. The griffoness freezes, turning to stare at the object with wide eyes. "Uh... I can explain...?"

And with that she dives for the knife, her claws outstretched, ready to bowl over Eaglesong.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sliverbrony Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:46 am

As Kunolf sees the mare dive for the knife, he moves to stand between Starglass and the gryffoness, draws a knive that looks out of place in a chef´s hand, with its tanto recurve blade clearly declaring it more suited to combat than cooking.
He then mumbles under his breath: "And here I thought protecting this mare could be easy."

Sliverbrony
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrestial Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:56 am

Upon seeing how the situation unfolds, the crystal mare tensed up. The sight of the blood-covered knife, along with the grifoness's shaken voice meant an instant journey from the plane of a peaceful gathering to a muffled battlefield of the wicked. That could've been well a misunderstanding... weren't it for the desperate dive the one before her attempted. Starglass momentarily felt fear, as her survival instinct kicked in.
However, being no pushover, but a life-trialed pony, she took an active stance regarding life-saving. She sprang forward, forehooves-first, to where the grifoness was heading, in an attempt to knock her down before she could reach the dreaded tool.

Starglass wished to prevent any bloodshed, not just hers.

Acrobatics check: 8 + d20 (19) = 27

Last edited by Terrestial on Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Terrestial
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:10 am

Starglass, in a surprising feat of agility, manages not only to bypass the griffon moving in front of her but also manages to tackle the griffoness, knocking her to one side before she reaches her weapon. The impact sends the two tumbling in opposite directions, Starglass rolling backwards, and the griffoness knocked into a seat, which tips and falls on top of her. She grunts in pain from the impact, but seems to recover unnaturally quickly given the strength of the crystal pony mare and the chair falling on top of her. With little effort, she rises to her feet, shrugging off the chair easily. She scans the room for her knife, and swears under her breath in griffonic when she sees it knocked far from her reach.

"Friggin... outsiders... Just what I need! I don't have the time for this. Stand aside, and no one gets hurt." Her voice has an edge to it that seems to tell the ponies that she means business. 
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sliverbrony Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:33 am

"I thought you said you can expalin yourself, or did you just say that in order to have time to grab your knive?" Kunolf starts addressing the gryffoness, while moving to interpose himself between her and the crystalpony again.

Sliverbrony
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrestial Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:39 am

The crystal mare panted, having accomplished her goal... partially. The grifoness seemed to have been made from a more durable clay than it initially seemed. Dangerous like an animal, caught in a blind corner. Truly, a creature unlikely to be stopped in her tracks nor contained easily. Having come to that conclusion, the crystal pony started glowing, as it reached for its innate magic for aid.

"Time, you say?" - responds Starglass, having caught the hint - "I reckon you'll have all the time you'll need to explain yourself, just as you promised us"

The crystal mare listened to the beat of her heart, as she called upon the shard which all of her kin possessed - making up the whole. Recalling the vivid image of the glorious Crystal Heart, shining in the center of their empire, she focused on the grifoness before her, summoning barrier alike the one Princess Cadance created once in a valiant effort to fend off the Shadow from their homeland. It was a lesser creation, as Starglass, no matter how skilled in the crystal arcana, was still just one pony and not an alicorn to that... it remained to be seen whether it could hold that particular individual... as the barrier did not surround Starglass and her companions to protect them... it formed around the griffin to trap it inside.

As for the size, it was definitely small. Just enough to allow comfort of movement.

Forcefield data:

Arcana check: 18 + d20 (14) = 32
Terrestial
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:13 am

"See? The griffon gets it." The griffoness hissed, flexing her claws. "You're a real professional aren't ya, sunshine? And you, pony, you think you're real tough eh? Always with your magic. Your harmony." She spits out the last word as though it's venom. 

"But newsflash, kid..." The griffoness winds up a fist, and for a brief moment all of the ponies in the room recoil instinctively, feeling something intrisically wrong with the griffoness. She slams the fist into the forcefield, and Starglass feels a wrenching in her gut that fades after only a brief moment. The field, fortunately, holds. The griffoness snarls, and rams a fist into the wall again, and this time the entire field crumbles into shards of light that further disappear into thin air.

The griffoness steps forward calmly. "Ponies aren't the only thing with power in the world. Now step aside. If you want the ponies you were looking for to keep their heads, tell no one. Believe me,"

What the ponies and griffon hear next, they hear in their head. A grating, deep, booming voice. "I will know. And I will find you. Now, what will you do? Stand your ground? Or be smart little insects and run from the boot?"
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrestial Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:07 am

"I am far from what i'd call tough" - admits humbly Starglass - "Yet i deem it enough to deal with you" - in her mind, she was soon to add: 'whatever you are'. Never before has she seen a griffin so... off - "Harmony or not."

The crystal mare has clearly taken to herself that even this level of magic didn't hold itself more than a mere few seconds. She had not expected that - and the inner recoil she experienced furthered that shock. She took her time collecting herself, while listening to both voices. That feeling... it was wrong. It reminded her of King Sombra's rule. She examined... tasted what was so off about the griffoness. What was that power that she spoke about? Was that even magic...?

Arcana check: 18 + d20 (6) = 24

As the adversary makes her demands, Starglass realizes the alignment of the position of them all and decides to take advantage of that. With Kunolf in front of her and Eaglesong further forward, all of the crystal mare's allies staring at the common foe, it left her field for acting relatively safe... with the rather fickle spell she was about to use. As the grifoness stepped forward, Starglass waited, her answer to the question being a dazzling display of light for the grifoness to behold:

Light of the Summer Sun data:

She yelled to her companions, standing before her:

"Grab her!"

She remained on her position though. If she were to attempt grabbing the grifoness, she could blind her allies as well.
Terrestial
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sliverbrony Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:01 am

At the command of the mare, Kunolf dives forward and tries to grab the gryffoness.

Athletics: 1d20+6 9
(ooc: I would like to use Radicalness to rerolll this but I´m not sure if I should.)

Sliverbrony
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next