Call of Colthulhu: Team Two's Adventures

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Call of Colthulhu: Team Two's Adventures

Post  Sliverbrony on Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:57 pm

Just as the gryffoness was vanishing, Kunolf came around a nearby building corner.
As he sees her vanishing, he tries to catch her but lands on solid ground where she used to be.
Following that, the Gryffon turns towards Eaglesong and Starglass with a very worried expression on his face and asks: "so we lost her again, I presume thanks to these new ponies. So do we want to find her again, or what?"

Sliverbrony
Background Pony
Background Pony

Posts : 94
Join date : 2015-02-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Call of Colthulhu: Team Two's Adventures

Post  Terrestial on Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:47 pm

Starglass trots up to the unicorn:

"Ain't no carriage, i'm afraid. Are you alright?" - the crystal mare helps the lying one to get back on her hooves. Despite the claim the grifoness made concerning not wishing for casualties, there was much to be said about the amount of violence involved and injuries following. Hence, Starglass took a glance at the female in the vibrant clohing, trying to ascertain her condition:

Heal check: 10 + d20 (3) = 13

In response to Kunolf, she said with conviction:

"Yes, but this mare's not to blame. She did what she thought was right. The grifoness fooled more than just her."

After a slight pause as to think thoroughly the more perplexing matter, she affirms, adding the last part rather hestitantly:

"Given the distance she's been able to teleport at practically instantly and the time she's taken now to prepare what i presume had been long-range variation of it, i'm afraid she may be beyond our reach now"

She recollects the information she's been acquainted with about those sort of spells to ascertain how far could have the grifoness moved away, taking into account proportionally larger magic potential:

Arcana check 18 + d20 (5) = 23

"There is much to be done now. The officials are going to notice the lack of such a huge amount of ponies soon one way or another. We need to inform them as soon as possible to not spread panic among the ones attending the convent. I'm sure chaos would aid the pursued one. The security is sure to ask questions about the culprit though and that... shadow being's threat looms over. I'm on duty, but i cannot speak for you two nor should i put you in danger without your consent. Are you willing to risk both your and the hostages' lives?" - Starglass asked very seriously - "Before you answer, i must have you know that i sensed it being ancient, of a magic far superior to my own. I'm not sure what we're even dealing with, but i can warrant a bet it can have it's way, if needed, especially with such a potent host."
avatar
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 190
Join date : 2015-06-03
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Call of Colthulhu: Team Two's Adventures

Post  AleneShazam on Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:34 am

Terrestial wrote:Heal check: 10 + d20 (3) = 13
Arcana check 18 + d20 (5) = 23

The mare appears to not be too badly damaged, but definitely shaken up. She'll probably be nursing a wicked headache and possibly minor concussion, though.

As for the magic, Starglass really can't be sure. The alien nature of the magic leaves a bitter taste in her mouth, but as far as Starglass knows the griffoness couldn't have gone too far... but still enough to shake them off given the urban environment. If they had an expert tracker and could find where the griffoness appeared, maybe, but not otherwise.
avatar
AleneShazam
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 988
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Call of Colthulhu: Team Two's Adventures

Post  sunbeam on Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:18 am

Eaglesong ruffles a few feathers, looking nonplussed. "I...was actually about to ask you exactly the same question. This is kinda my job." Grey Paw had been right, work really did catch up to you on your weekend off. She abruptly looks at Kunolf, curiosity alight in her eyes. "What about you? Were you secretly expecting something like this to happen this weekend?"
avatar
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1930
Join date : 2012-10-24
Age : 22
Location : Elsewhere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Call of Colthulhu: Team Two's Adventures

Post  Sliverbrony on Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:55 am

Kunolf looks Eaglesong directly in the Eyes and starts talking:
"Expect What? Encountering an Assasin? As soon as I encountered that hooded Pony. That Assasin teleporting? Not Really. That Assasin to be a Gryffoness? not at -"
at that Moment his expression changes suddenly, as if he realised, he told them more than he wanted to.

Sliverbrony
Background Pony
Background Pony

Posts : 94
Join date : 2015-02-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Call of Colthulhu: Team Two's Adventures

Post  sunbeam on Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:13 am

In Eaglesong's (admittedly limited) experience, Griffons were not smooth talkers, and these two new encounters had done little to alter that perception. Not that that made the prior statement any less incriminating. Appreciative of his eye contact, Eaglesong stares back. "So you were expecting an assassination, and you won't tell us where you come from. You're at least as suspicious as the last griffon we met. Who's the hooded pony?"
avatar
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1930
Join date : 2012-10-24
Age : 22
Location : Elsewhere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Call of Colthulhu: Team Two's Adventures

Post  Terrestial on Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:28 pm

"Well... you know both the occupation that brought me here as well as the heritage that binds me. However, i can hardly envision how a supposed chef and... one with so extensive medical knowledge as to qualkfy as a doctor, would see it fitting for them to pursue and combat dark forces. If we're in together for that mess, may i ask you for honesty? Who are you two, exactly?"

Starglass, though managing the situation just fine, considering the extent of its unusualness, was starting to feel a bit too crowded with the surrounding secrets.

She's had far more questions than that, though decided it would be for the better, if she were to address them one by one.
avatar
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 190
Join date : 2015-06-03
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Call of Colthulhu: Team Two's Adventures

Post  Sliverbrony on Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:40 am

"You want the truth well then letś go somewhere noone and nothing can overhear and Iĺl tell you all you want to know." Kunolf replies towards the Crystallmare before he turns to the Pegasus and says:"Well the hooded pony is that pony wiht a hood who told me to protect Starglass."

Sliverbrony
Background Pony
Background Pony

Posts : 94
Join date : 2015-02-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Call of Colthulhu: Team Two's Adventures

Post  sunbeam on Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:59 pm

Eaglesong blinked, surprised. Straightforward answers were good. Unexpected, but good. "Yeah, a quiet room sounds good right now. Any suggestsions?" There were always the sewers, but Eaglesong certainly wasn't going to be the one to suggest them.
avatar
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1930
Join date : 2012-10-24
Age : 22
Location : Elsewhere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Call of Colthulhu: Team Two's Adventures

Post  AleneShazam on Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:46 pm

sunbeam wrote:Eaglesong blinked, surprised. Straightforward answers were good. Unexpected, but good. "Yeah, a quiet room sounds good right now. Any suggestsions?" There were always the sewers, but Eaglesong certainly wasn't going to be the one to suggest them.
(Streetwise prompt for knowledge of nearby private locations)
avatar
AleneShazam
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 988
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Call of Colthulhu: Team Two's Adventures

Post  AleneShazam on Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:15 pm

Eaglesong knows of a few locations that she can easily access that are reasonably private and secure, though they're mostly just hideyholes with minimal fanfare.
avatar
AleneShazam
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 988
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Call of Colthulhu: Team Two's Adventures

Post  Terrestial on Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:57 pm

"So, you are my guardian angel, Mr. Leifson? Can't say i saw that coming... yet i think i see why you would've been chosen... much to discuss, indeed."

Starglass was a bit taken by surprise, yet she was quick to recover outwardly. Naturally, some would attempt to let an emissary have a 'jolly time' like that... yet it seemed it could've been not government this time around. So many questions on the horizon...

"Under usual circumstances, i'd propose dropping this pony under the care of the institute's temporary health service..." - Starglass admitted, having eyed the unicorn.

She imagined the issues that might arise between this, possibly foreign pony, and the doctors, curious as to the reasons of her state.

"However, considering the apparently fiery disposition of this mare i presume she might wish to get filled in as to what just happened. I'd rather work things out with her myself than see her running around in both pursuit after and spread of knowledge. She could possibly put both herself and those around her in danger" - the crystal mare concluded, still having in mind the threat presnted by the shadow being - "Matter of how much we should let her know yet to be seen."

Was it right for them to contain that though? It sure remained to be discussed.

"She doesn't look bad. I could warrant a bet she'll come to shortly. I'd rather have the three of you at my place for the time being. Should be private enough, at least from what i was told."

The crystal mare considered briefly whether something could've been planted to listen to them, considering it was her room, after all... yet she she dismissed that trail of thought shortly thereafter. If some forces were determined to kill her, they probably wouldn't bother with such trivialities at that point. She attempted to lift the mare, as to have her transported there in a decent way.

"Care to help me, Mr. Leifson?"


If no issues arise from her companions' side, assume Straglass is on her way to the said place, alongside the trio.
avatar
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 190
Join date : 2015-06-03
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Call of Colthulhu: Team Two's Adventures

Post  Sliverbrony on Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:18 pm

"well I think your place should be safe enough for me to tell you what I withhold about myself until now." Kunolf replies when the Crystalmare tells them about it.
When he sees Starglass trying to lift the unconcious pony, the Gryffon will step forward to help her while saying: "Of course I can." he ghen follows the mares lead towards her home.

Sliverbrony
Background Pony
Background Pony

Posts : 94
Join date : 2015-02-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Call of Colthulhu: Team Two's Adventures

Post  AleneShazam on Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:27 pm

(If there are no objections...)
The party easily leads the unicorn, still disoriented but progressively becoming more coherent, to Starglass' assigned accommodations, a fairly high quality hotel a short walk from the institute. The proprietor, a unicorn, gives the party an odd look but makes no comment when they help the mare up the steps to Starglass' room.

Starglass' room, as she had left it, was mostly well organised save a few stacks of papers and notes she had been studying the night prior.
(Starglass, roll perception. Everyone else may proceed as they wish)
avatar
AleneShazam
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 988
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Call of Colthulhu: Team Two's Adventures

Post  Terrestial on Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:22 pm

Thankful for the staff not asking any questions immediately, Starglass ponders whether she won't need to explain the situation later on anyway...

Upon reaching and entering her appartment, first thing she does is helping the unicorn mare get down comfortably on Starglass's temporary bed.

"Rest now, please... how are you feeling so far?" - she asks with care in her voice, if the myserious stranger seems coherent enough to warrant such an inquiry.

Afterwards, she turns towards her comapanions, but before she addresses any of the matters they were about to discuss, she raises one of her forehooves, giving her surroundings a prolonged look... checking if nothing changed, at the very least.

Just in case.

Perception check: 10 + d20 (11) = 21
avatar
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 190
Join date : 2015-06-03
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Call of Colthulhu: Team Two's Adventures

Post  AleneShazam on Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:09 am

Terrestial wrote:Thankful for the staff not asking any questions immediately, Starglass ponders whether she won't need to explain the situation later on anyway...

Upon reaching and entering her appartment, first thing she does is helping the unicorn mare get down comfortably on Starglass's temporary bed.

"Rest now, please... how are you feeling so far?" - she asks with care in her voice, if the myserious stranger seems coherent enough to warrant such an inquiry.

Afterwards, she turns towards her comapanions, but before she addresses any of the matters they were about to discuss, she raises one of her forehooves, giving her surroundings a prolonged look... checking if nothing changed, at the very least.

Just in case.

Perception check: 10 + d20 (11) = 21
Starglass doesn't notice anything out of the ordinary... at first. A closer look suggests that somepony may have shifted her things around, but was careful to make everything back to normal once they were done. Room service, maybe?
avatar
AleneShazam
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 988
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Call of Colthulhu: Team Two's Adventures

Post  AleneShazam on Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:10 am

"I've seen better days..." The unicorn mumbles, putting a hoof up to her head. "But I'll be fine..."
avatar
AleneShazam
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 988
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Call of Colthulhu: Team Two's Adventures

Post  Sliverbrony on Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:10 am

Kunolf enters after Starglass and makes sure noone can overhear them.
check room (perception): 1d20+9 11

Sliverbrony
Background Pony
Background Pony

Posts : 94
Join date : 2015-02-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Call of Colthulhu: Team Two's Adventures

Post  AleneShazam on Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:04 am

Sliverbrony wrote:Kunolf enters after Starglass and makes sure noone can overhear them.
check room (perception): 1d20+9 11
Kunolf is fairly certain that, as long as the group doesn't speak to loudly, nopony would be able to hear them.
avatar
AleneShazam
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 988
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Call of Colthulhu: Team Two's Adventures

Post  Terrestial on Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:11 am

There was one figure in their most recent past that may've well passed off as room service. However, that could've been a misleading trail.

Having seen the griffin sniff at things beforehand, Starglass inquires:

"Mr. Leifson. Would you be as kind as to check whether those documents..." - here she took a glance towards her notes as to specify - "...do not carry a familiar scent, by any chance?"
avatar
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 190
Join date : 2015-06-03
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Call of Colthulhu: Team Two's Adventures

Post  Sliverbrony on Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:31 am

"Well I can try, but before I do that, I think you wanted me to tell you the truth about my self." the Gryffon replies a bit hesitantly, "For that, let's see what lies if told you till now.
First the name 'Kunolf Leifson' is the only name i ever called my own, as we were only given numbers where I grew up.
Second you wanted to know where I came from as 'a small village near the border' wasn't specific enough for you. Well my hometown of Forestrock only consists of the inn I worked and lived at, a barrak for royal guards patroling the Equestrian-Griffonian border, a blacksmith's workshop and home, a baker and a market place for farmers living nearby. I don think any of you have heard of it.
Third I told you that I traveled her because one of my patrins colapsed because of that strange energy thingy some months ago. What I didn't tell you he waas an assassin send to kill me, and only qualified as patron because a 'gave' him a tankard full of mead while saying: "this ones for free". And lastly,"
at that moment green flames flare to life arround Kunolf, who continues:" I actually never said that I am a Gryffon did I?"
As he finishes this last sentence, the fire consumes his form before dissipating leaving behind what looks like a cross between pony and bug, a small horn on it's head, insectoid wings on his back over a shell thats covered with two scars forming a cross pattern over its back.

Sliverbrony
Background Pony
Background Pony

Posts : 94
Join date : 2015-02-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Call of Colthulhu: Team Two's Adventures

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum