Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shadowmare - A Shadowrun themed Wanderlust Skype campaign

+2
Senshuken
Reaver
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Shadowmare - A Shadowrun themed Wanderlust Skype campaign - Page 2 Empty Re: Shadowmare - A Shadowrun themed Wanderlust Skype campaign

Post  Reaver Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:12 pm

Bubblez wrote:Here's a character idea for me:Jinx MF- The Tech Filly

If you don't like it, I also have some other ones I can submit.

It's good! The most detail in a background that I have seen so far....*scribbles DM notes*
Reaver
Reaver
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Shadowmare - A Shadowrun themed Wanderlust Skype campaign - Page 2 Empty Re: Shadowmare - A Shadowrun themed Wanderlust Skype campaign

Post  Bubblez Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:22 pm

Yeah, I left a lot of loose ends.  My primary concern was tone being too grimdark given events stated and heavily implied. And if what happens fits into lore/enviroment

Last edited by Bubblez on Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bubblez
Bubblez
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Bubblez Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:55 pm

(Sorry about double post)

I'm also going on the assumption that hacking, and playing tech and hardware is General Knowledge, if this isn't the case let me know and I'll change the skillset
Bubblez
Bubblez
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Reaver Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:56 pm

Bubblez wrote:(Sorry about double post)

I'm also going on the assumption that hacking, and playing tech and hardware is General Knowledge, if this isn't the case let me know and I'll change the skillset

As I confirmed in Dinn's stream, it is using the General Knowledge stat.
Reaver
Reaver
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:17 am

I made some alterations to my character sheet, mainly in the stats, and I added a bit more backstory.
Witchdoctor's Sheet just in case.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Reaver Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:00 am

AleneShazam wrote:I made some alterations to my character sheet, mainly in the stats, and I added a bit more backstory.
Witchdoctor's Sheet just in case.

Awesome! *Scribbles DM notes*
Reaver
Reaver
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:38 am

Sadly, I can not do Skype voice stuff. But let me applaud you for running a Wanderlust campaign! Goooooooal!
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:10 am

I would need a bit more information on the various corps that rule Equestria now before I would be able to give you decent background information on Blazing.
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Reaver Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:05 pm

Senshuken wrote:I would need a bit more information on the various corps that rule Equestria now before I would be able to give you decent background information on Blazing.

Mega-Corps of Equestria - Was actually working on it anyway! Here's the doc, it's basic knowledge that everypony in Equestria would know, or at least every player.
Reaver
Reaver
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:50 pm

Reaver wrote:
Senshuken wrote:I would need a bit more information on the various corps that rule Equestria now before I would be able to give you decent background information on Blazing.

Mega-Corps of Equestria - Was actually working on it anyway! Here's the doc, it's basic knowledge that everypony in Equestria would know, or at least every player.
Yay lore!
Might update backstory accordingly.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:14 am

I updated Blazing's a little. If only to show where he came from.
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Reaver Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:56 am

Senshuken wrote:I updated Blazing's a little. If only to show where he came from.

Read it, looks good!

Sorry for all the puns and references in the Mega-Corps document, folks
Reaver
Reaver
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Bubblez Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:25 pm

I'm a tad concerned we have a combined total of 5 in our heal skill between our 3 characters (and companions)... And that the snake has the highest heal skill
We gonna die T_T Razz

(This is mainly for future players who're looking group needs)

Also, whats the situation with firearms/energy weapons. Do either exist? And if so which is more prevalent (I realize I should have asked this before I made 3 of my chars combat skills gun based)

Last edited by Bubblez on Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bubblez
Bubblez
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Reaver Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:29 pm

Bubblez wrote:I'm a tad concerned we have a combined total of 5 in our heal skill between our 3 characters (and companions)... And that the snake has the highest heal skill
We gonna die T_T Razz

To deter from this, if future players are looking - you don't /have/ to fit the group need, you can play whatever you feel like.

Death? Who said anything about dying....*puts the scythe away*
Reaver
Reaver
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Bubblez Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:42 pm

Reaver wrote:
Bubblez wrote:I'm a tad concerned we have a combined total of 5 in our heal skill between our 3 characters (and companions)... And that the snake has the highest heal skill
We gonna die T_T Razz

To deter from this, if future players are looking - you don't /have/ to fit the group need, you can play whatever you feel like.

I know they don't have to fill group need, as you said, peeps should play who they want to play.  I don't want people to cobble together a character they don't really like just to fill need cuz in the long run that makes it less fun for everyone, particularly said person.  But I also know there are people who do build around group need so I figured I'd point out gaps I see (and poke fun at us 3 current players for our pathetic heal skills).

(Sorry if I crossed any lines)

And since I didn't expect a response so fast, I'll re ask it

Also, whats the situation with firearms/energy weapons. Do either exist? And if so which is more prevalent (I realize I should have asked this before I made 3 of my chars combat skills gun based)
Bubblez
Bubblez
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:15 pm

Bubblez wrote:
Reaver wrote:
We gonna die T_T Razz

I know they don't have to fill group need, as you said, peeps should play who they want to play.  I don't want people to cobble together a character they don't really like just to fill need cuz in the long run that makes it less fun for everyone, particularly said person.  But I also know there are people who do build around group need so I figured I'd point out gaps I see (and poke fun at us 3 current players for our pathetic heal skills).

(Sorry if I crossed any lines)

And since I didn't expect a response so fast, I'll re ask it

I might be looking into adding some heal on future level ups, especially with my snake, but overall yeah, if one of us gets hurt, we're pretty screwed. Although I find it kind of odd that the paladin has no heal skill, since he's the healer in combat. 

I guess we'll just have to be really good at not getting hurt, huh.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Reaver Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:37 pm

Bubblez wrote:

Yes, there are firearms. I won't be counting ammo or make sure you keep that sort of thing stocked up, it's essentially what your combat powers are. Same goes for a melee attack, you have unspecified melee weapon.

Energy weapons may or may not exist. If they do, your characters certainly know nothing about them
Reaver
Reaver
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Reaver Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:55 pm

Hey folks~

With loot ready, the first handful of sessions written up and at least three people already finished characters, thought it would be best to try and start planning times for when the sessions could commence.

So players, what times are generally best for all of you?
Reaver
Reaver
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:03 pm

Reaver wrote:Hey folks~

With loot ready, the first handful of sessions written up and at least three people already finished characters, thought it would be best to try and start planning times for when the sessions could commence.

So players, what times are generally best for all of you?
I run on GMT +8 and am still in school. That said I never sleep, and I have very few extracurricular activities, so weekends are basically all free.

Basically my times are largely fluid and I'll notify if I'm unavailable for any suggested times.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:03 am

I'm +10 GMT (AEST here) and I'm generally good for most of the week. I do have two weekly games that I am currently apart of, but I'm sure we can work something out easily enough. Weekends are good for me.
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Bubblez Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:48 am

I am EST (UTC-4) and a student. Weekends are actually kinda sketch since that is when I have more random stuff popping up, and Sundays are no in general (for anything recurring during afternoon and evenings) Weekdays I have fairly easily scheduled blocks.

I will pm you more precise schedule
Bubblez
Bubblez
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:57 am

I'm on +0 GMT and outside of Mondays and Fridays I'm alright for most times, may change come the autumn but I'll let you know in advance.

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Reaver Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:52 am

Sorry about the lack of posting on my half, life stuff was happening.

Could you guys PM me your Skype details? I'd like to run a session 0 with you guys, as a way to try and build up to the campaign itself. Would be good to make a group for all the players so everyone can be in one place and we can discuss things (such as times) there
Reaver
Reaver
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:04 am

Well, you have me on Skype now if nothing else.
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2