Era Victoria OOC

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Era Victoria OOC

Post  Demonu on Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:56 pm

Terrestial wrote:
We have decided to pool our money. From what i've read in an answer specifically concerning that topic it's generally not a problem, just that it's not done often. I hope that's the case here too.
Beg your pardon? Pool your money? What's that supposed to mean (mechanically or in setting)?
avatar
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 699
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 27
Location : Belgium

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria OOC

Post  Paper Shadow on Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:16 pm

Demonu wrote:
Terrestial wrote:
We have decided to pool our money. From what i've read in an answer specifically concerning that topic it's generally not a problem, just that it's not done often. I hope that's the case here too.
Beg your pardon? Pool your money? What's that supposed to mean (mechanically or in setting)?
Mechanically. Technically, Gold was planned to be given as you played, with the amounts on the Treasure Trove being the recommended amount per player. No one does this. For most games, you gain the Gold recommended for your level as soon as you hit the level, and the ones who give gold as you go usually doesn't have it physical thing, maybe other than "You got money (DM Note: it's X Gold). Hell, for most people, they don't even treat their items as physical things, just aspects of their character, but the intention of money and items are that they are a physical thing. So, technically, since Gold is a physical thing and not an abstract tool for a fancy way of saying "Points", PCs can pool their Gold together. Once again, no one actually does this, but from what we've heard and seen around, it is possible...

So, basically, it's Dark Arts (alongside Readying Actions and Delaying Turns), but allowed as long as the DM doesn't intervene...

_________________
Ellipses are kinda my thing...

Based Emotion Chart:
avatar
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Posts : 3713
Join date : 2012-11-23
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria OOC

Post  Demonu on Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:25 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:
Demonu wrote:
Terrestial wrote:
We have decided to pool our money. From what i've read in an answer specifically concerning that topic it's generally not a problem, just that it's not done often. I hope that's the case here too.
Beg your pardon? Pool your money? What's that supposed to mean (mechanically or in setting)?
Mechanically. Technically, Gold was planned to be given as you played, with the amounts on the Treasure Trove being the recommended amount per player. No one does this. For most games, you gain the Gold recommended for your level as soon as you hit the level, and the ones who give gold as you go usually doesn't have it physical thing, maybe other than "You got money (DM Note: it's X Gold). Hell, for most people, they don't even treat their items as physical things, just aspects of their character, but the intention of money and items are that they are a physical thing. So, technically, since Gold is a physical thing and not an abstract tool for a fancy way of saying "Points", PCs can pool their Gold together. Once again, no one actually does this, but from what we've heard and seen around, it is possible...

So, basically, it's Dark Arts (alongside Readying Actions and Delaying Turns), but allowed as long as the DM doesn't intervene...
Okay, got it. Just never experienced it before. Because who willingly shares money in an RPG anyway? :p
avatar
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 699
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 27
Location : Belgium

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria OOC

Post  tygerburningbright on Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:50 pm

DM says No on pooling money

EDIT
Finally added some history info might add/create more social info if requested.
avatar
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3141
Join date : 2012-07-19
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria OOC

Post  Terrestial on Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:52 am

Paper Shadow wrote:Mechanically. Technically, Gold was planned to be given as you played, with the amounts on the Treasure Trove being the recommended amount per player. No one does this. For most games, you gain the Gold recommended for your level as soon as you hit the level, and the ones who give gold as you go usually doesn't have it physical thing, maybe other than "You got money (DM Note: it's X Gold). Hell, for most people, they don't even treat their items as physical things, just aspects of their character, but the intention of money and items are that they are a physical thing. So, technically, since Gold is a physical thing and not an abstract tool for a fancy way of saying "Points", PCs can pool their Gold together. Once again, no one actually does this, but from what we've heard and seen around, it is possible...

So, basically, it's Dark Arts (alongside Readying Actions and Delaying Turns), but allowed as long as the DM doesn't intervene...

You are right about that, Paper Shadow. Thank you for taking the time to explain it in such detail in my stead.

tygerburningbright wrote:DM says No on pooling money

EDIT
Finally added some history info might add/create more social info if requested.

Well, that's quite a disappointment. Especially since it's the whole party that would benefit from it, were it the other way around.
Those were meant to be strictly supportive items, ones playing a key part in our all-team tactic to that.
May i get to know the reasoning behind banning that outright, please?

Admittedly, the 'social info' is one of the parts i'm waiting for most.
avatar
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 190
Join date : 2015-06-03
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria OOC

Post  tygerburningbright on Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:10 pm

About the gold pooling, while at lower levels it may not appear to be that much after a few levels the discrepancy in gold between the one with extra, the one behind, and everyone else makes it so that the one behind becomes progressively less useful, and the one with gold starts to out strip everyone else.

Any particular area of social info you want more than the others?
avatar
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3141
Join date : 2012-07-19
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria OOC

Post  Demonu on Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:10 pm

Terrestial wrote:
Well, that's quite a disappointment. Especially since it's the whole party that would benefit from it, were it the other way around.
Those were meant to be strictly supportive items, ones playing a key part in our all-team tactic to that.
May i get to know the reasoning behind banning that outright, please?

Admittedly, the 'social info' is one of the parts i'm waiting for most.
I do have to agree with tygerburningbright here. Even with mutual agreement and planning, the fact remains that every combat build is viable and thus every combat build benefits from having items. If between 2 players, one agrees to give a 1000 gold to the other, this creates a difference of 2000 gold between them. Something that is the equivalent of running 1 or 2 levels behind on the rest of the players.

Not to mention that in extreme cases, like giving all the gold to one player and making the other a pure combat support role, it could make combat very one-sided. Efficient but one-sided and eventually kind of boring.

In any case, what do you mean by 'social information', DM?

As for me, any information is good but perhaps first and foremost being where and when we are at the start of this campaign.

Also, in case you missed it, my character sheet for Smooth Talker
avatar
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 699
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 27
Location : Belgium

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria OOC

Post  Terrestial on Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:36 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:About the gold pooling, while at lower levels it may not appear to be that much after a few levels the discrepancy in gold between the one with extra, the one behind, and everyone else makes it so that the one behind becomes progressively less useful, and the one with gold starts to out strip everyone else.


Is that all there is to it? I'm glad. It sure soothes me to hear that it's not anything personal.

Let me ask you whether the following won't make you reconsider:


There is no chance of any discrepancy happening. We've already planned out our whole builds, amounting up to a 14000/16000 split total.
Even that slight margine of difference is caused by the limitations imposed by the item slot amount.

Allow me to present which items we've selected for the start, both of which i'll be bearing:

Guardian’s Shield - 3500 Gold
Weapon
At the beginning of your turn, you may choose an ally. Until the start of your next turn, that ally is subject to your “Guard.” You may also use the following combat talent

[0] Shield the Blow - Interrupt Utility
Trigger - An ally subject to your “Guard” is targeted by an attack.
Effect - The attack targets you instead.


Empathic Circlet - 2000 Gold
Trinket
You may use the following combat talent twice per battle.

[+3] Mind-Channel - Standard Utility [2/Battle]
Target ally can use one of their (-) talents as a free action. They spend your energy instead of theirs to pay the talent’s energy cost.

Does it look like a gold investment, which will make me look more powerful? As far as combat goes, i'll be roleplaying a dedicated tank/support character. I am prepared that i won't hold centre stage and i'm perfectly fine with it. It just so happens that this time, my friend is the primary striker of us two.

It's not as though either of us is going to be unable to fare on their own. We've payed close attention to that, ensuring that we're both capable of compentently handling situations involving both single and multiple opponents, assuming both the presence and lack of 'the other one from the pair' as well as additional teammates. We've already written out combat sequence routines for most of these situations.
It's just that we're going to achieve top efficiency guarding each other's backs.

Moreover, if it's my friend, having trouble trudging on his own that you're worrying about, let me assure you that we've already decided to buy him a Greater Reloader once we reach the second level, using both the leftover half a thousand from the first level as well as newly acquired thousand by each one of us. The whole idea was not only to achieve greater compatibility right from the start, but also to have more flexibility as per selecting new items each level - being able to choose one bigger for either one of us instead of both of us, selecting something every second level or so. We never intended for one to have an advantage over the other, as it's mutual benefit we've found this combination upon.

If you have doubts about that not working out between me and my friend, let me fill you in on one more thing. When i say "friend", i mean it. This particular man is the very first one i've met personally in the fandom. We have known each other for over three years now, meeting face-to-face on a regular basis on a multitude of occasions, including numerous roleplay games.
We have gone through life career threatening situations together, not to mention challenges of a lesser caliber.

I very much doubt that this sort of enterainment, which we're commiting ourselves to together, because we've wished to play something together, is going to stand between us.

tygerburningbright wrote:
Any particular area of social info you want more than the others?

I'd appreciate info on social classes and races.
How do they accomodate in the society? How do they perceive one another? How does their everyday life look like? What have the most recent events changed for them?

Thanks in advance.


EDIT: Demonu, i didn't quote your message, but this post does address all of the issues you've mentioned. More than that, even. I'm sure you'll find it enough of an answer for your concerns too.


Last edited by Terrestial on Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:51 pm; edited 3 times in total
avatar
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 190
Join date : 2015-06-03
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria OOC

Post  AleneShazam on Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:40 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:About the gold pooling, while at lower levels it may not appear to be that much after a few levels the discrepancy in gold between the one with extra, the one behind, and everyone else makes it so that the one behind becomes progressively less useful, and the one with gold starts to out strip everyone else.

Any particular area of social info you want more than the others?
Currently, given my character's status as a drifter before settling down, and his profession, I'd like some geographical information, and if at all possible something regarding the living conditions of the local area (rich, poor, local maladies, maybe even crime and such.) but there's no rush so if you need time to mull things over I'm all for it.
avatar
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1132
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria OOC

Post  Crystalite on Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:45 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:Any particular area of social info you want more than the others?

I wouldn't mind some info on the local crime rings.

In other news, I have decided to drop Mechanical for Pyrotechnics, and also realized that I have four unused points. Not sure where they're going yet... Although, I've been considering an Alter Ego for purposes of getting into classier establishments and events. Perhaps some other flame and light based abilities as well. I will update accordingly at my earliest convenience.

Also. There is a common houserule for combat that abolishes the whole 5 Talents at Start of Combat deal. Are we playing this way, or without? I don't especially care one way or another, but I would like to be aware, at least.

Also also. I would highly appreciate it if the GM, and perhaps the other players, could re-read the rules on combat adjacency. My build rather relies on it, so I want to be sure we know how it works.
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria OOC

Post  Demonu on Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:06 pm

Crystalite wrote:
tygerburningbright wrote:Any particular area of social info you want more than the others?

Also. There is a common houserule for combat that abolishes the whole 5 Talents at Start of Combat deal. Are we playing this way, or without? I don't especially care one way or another, but I would like to be aware, at least.

Also also. I would highly appreciate it if the GM, and perhaps the other players, could re-read the rules on combat adjacency. My build rather relies on it, so I want to be sure we know how it works.
If that houserule regarding combat talents is applied, I'd certainly would want to know as it would free up 500 gold (Spellbook) for my character.

I'm not entirely sure how combat works in PbP. I do know that in non-board Skype games (or at least the ones I've been in), adjacency was determined by initiative order: the highest rolling party member stood at the top, the second one next to him, the third one next to the second one and so forth. This meant everyone save for the first and the last were adjacent to two other players.

But I'll certainly read up on combat once it gets to that.

EDIT: the wording for Adjacent from the Skype combat talents doc
Adjacent – Enemies will be listed in an order (such as “Guard, Guard, Wizard, Minotaur, Guard, Guard”) for combat. Effects that refer to adjacent enemies or creatures refer to the creatures next to the principle target. For example, if an attack deals 5 damage to a target and creatures adjacent to the target – targeting the Wizard would make the adjacent creatures the guard on its left and the Minotaur on its right. The opposing side of creatures are never considered adjacent. For example no one on the player’s side can be hit by a fireball that damages adjacent creatures on the enemy’s side. No player is considered adjacent to the enemy wizard. The enemies get to feel all the pain.
avatar
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 699
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 27
Location : Belgium

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria OOC

Post  AleneShazam on Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:10 am

Demonu wrote:
I'm not entirely sure how combat works in PbP. I do know that in non-board Skype games (or at least the ones I've been in), adjacency was determined by initiative order: the highest rolling party member stood at the top, the second one next to him, the third one next to the second one and so forth. This meant everyone save for the first and the last were adjacent to two other players.

But I'll certainly read up on combat once it gets to that.
That, and in some cases the GM specifies the adjacency of enemies. I've played in encounters where the GM pointed out clusters of enemies that are considered adjacent and bigger elites who are separate from the clusters and considered not adjacent. By default I assume not adjacent, and ask when necessary. Although, many of my builds don't involve adjacency, so... yeah.
avatar
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1132
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria OOC

Post  tygerburningbright on Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:24 pm

Social Classes and Race Relations will be done by the weekend or if I have free time this week.

General Geography
Kingdom of Bittannia on the Isle of Bittannia across a channel from the continent
City of Leadon, Capital of Bittannia along the southeastern coast and the River Teams
District of Witherschappel a cross-section of industry and poverty

The Local details will be up after I manage to finish the map, crime will be included here


Fine with all talents all the time

Adjacency is determined by initiative order unless I or an effect say otherwise. No friendly fire unless some effect happens.
avatar
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3141
Join date : 2012-07-19
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria OOC

Post  Terrestial on Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:09 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:
Fine with all talents all the time


... excuse me, but i must say it's quite impolite to announce that only now. It changes a lot. I vote against it.
This weekend i've travelled half a country just to meet personally with my friend and prepare all the combat sequences on the foundation of the 5 combat talents' system.
I do not have the time nor the resources to afford that again in the following weeks.



I imagine the lack of GM's answer to the first part of my previous post could be connected with some intense thinking on his behalf, hence i'll allow myself to add in two more details.
Those are to address both the players' and the GM's concern that one would have an unfair advantage over the others with the 1000 in question.
Thing is, with 14000 my friend has build already complete, all slots filled. He even has a second weapon for switch. One of the reasons he's giving that 1000 to me is that he'd do nothing with it himself.
Meanwhile, the following is what that one thousand, that you're so against, stands for:


Jenkins’ Chicken - 1000 Gold
Trinket
You may use the following combat talent once per battle.

[0] LEEEROOOY JEEEENKINSS! - Interrupt Utility [1/Battle]
Trigger - You roll initiative.
Effect - You let out a taunting and idiotic shout. Until the end of your next turn, all enemies suffer a -4 penalty to damage on attacks that do not include you as a target.

As you can clearly see, it's an item that would make everyone except me benefit from. Is it really so hard to believe that we have the party's best interest in our minds?

Having this evidence in plain sight, is there yet anyone, who's willing to object to this idea?



Also, how long does one usually wait for the account activation? My friend's been already waiting six days so far.
avatar
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 190
Join date : 2015-06-03
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria OOC

Post  Chemistrychem on Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:07 pm

Finally! My account works. Great thanks to the Paper Shadow and Terrestrial. I can finally post my character sheet.
Ok. I must admit that I haven't included equipment yet. I can see that there is some problem with agreement about sharing gold. I have always some extra plan about allocating those "golden points" so I'll just watch this problem solve then I'll think.

Ah I hope you don't mind if I have some problems with <Subject portrait > section. I'll create it very soon for sure.

Terrestrial please include my character sheet link in one of your post. This forum hates me ;_;
avatar
Chemistrychem
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Gender : Male
Posts : 19
Join date : 2015-10-21
Age : 24
Location : Warsaw

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria OOC

Post  Terrestial on Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:18 pm

What my friend said. Glad to see he's here. Thanks again, Paper Shadow.

Here's his sheet:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Fw3dK4hlBvLR1w0NVKOZ_8L8k4H9ws1uEdC6QWulcmo/edit#

Posting in his stead, as the forum seemingly doesn't allow new members for posting external links for a week.
avatar
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 190
Join date : 2015-06-03
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria OOC

Post  tygerburningbright on Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:10 pm

Well then it starting to appear that you've put an absolutely massive amount of effort into this, so I'll allow it.

Also about the talents thing I'm mainly leaving it up to the players.

Edit

um
wow took a look at that character sheet...
it suffices to say that the back story was a tad dark and well it may lead to some interesting times...

just change out any references to Equestria to Bittannia make Royal Guard into (insert division name and number here [feel free to make it up]) and cut the bit about the south.
avatar
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3141
Join date : 2012-07-19
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria OOC

Post  AleneShazam on Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:21 am

All talents or five talents are both fine by me, although all talents would make my healing capabilities significantly better. However, since my character is currently set up to accomodate 5 talents, and I'm a lazy ass, I'll vote for 5 talents.
avatar
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1132
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria OOC

Post  Demonu on Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:09 pm

Found a mistake in OIRIK's character sheet. If you take specialist and best of the breed twice, the math doesn't add up. You start at 3/3/3/ and distribute 20 points. At 3/10/10/8, you've only distributed 19 points aka you still have 1 point to put either in Brawn or Sense.

Also, was it your intention to make your character overtly racist?

As for the talents: all talents all the time would free up 500 gold, would make my combat rotation not waste a minor action to switch talents and I won't be forced to choose 5 out of 8. On the other hand, the use of said 500 gold would depend on further levels, I can live with switching talents (shame it can be done only once) and having to choose adds a bit more strategy to the fight.
Basically what I'm saying is: I'm good with either solution.

More prudently: how will we go about on skill checks? Every other PbP game I've been in used the honour system and that worked out well most of the time. Or are we going to things differently here?
avatar
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 699
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 27
Location : Belgium

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria OOC

Post  tygerburningbright on Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:03 pm

Honor system, unless someone abuses it...
avatar
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3141
Join date : 2012-07-19
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria OOC

Post  Chemistrychem on Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:42 am

Let's calculate something.

With 5/5/5/5 we have 8 points to distribute.
With 3/3/3/3 we have 16 points to distribute.
With 3/3/3/3 and +2 we have 18 points. Therefore 3/10/10/3 we have only 4 points left. So... It should be 3/10/10/7 so it's even worse mistake. But... It's now corrected.
Also... My character's skill points add up to 30 so it's for sure correct now.

My character isn't racist. He just don't like Zebras very much. To be honest it's a reference to Moon Man and other character mixed together.
avatar
Chemistrychem
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Gender : Male
Posts : 19
Join date : 2015-10-21
Age : 24
Location : Warsaw

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria OOC

Post  AleneShazam on Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:26 am

Chemistrychem wrote:Let's calculate something.

With 5/5/5/5 we have 8 points to distribute.
With 3/3/3/3 we have 16 points to distribute.
With 3/3/3/3 and +2 we have 18 points. Therefore 3/10/10/3 we have only 4 points left. So... It should be 3/10/10/7 so it's even worse mistake. But... It's now corrected.
Also... My character's skill points add up to 30 so it's for sure correct now.

My character isn't racist. He just don't like Zebras very much. To be honest it's a reference to Moon Man and other character mixed together.
Um... specific dislike towards particular race = racism?
Not that that's an issue, but... yeah.
avatar
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1132
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria OOC

Post  Demonu on Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:32 am

Seems like I was under the impression you had taken Best of the Breed twice, an oversight on my part.
My character isn't racist. He just don't like Zebras very much. To be honest it's a reference to Moon Man and other character mixed together.
Moon Man (the meme) is racist in nature.

Also, your character is eagerly and willingly killing off Zebras in his background story. Racial issues aside (Zebras being black with watermellon reference), those are actions that are more severe than 'doesn't like very much.'

I don't have to agree with your character but I can't prohibit you from playing it. Just be aware that there may be others that take a more serious offence to it
avatar
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 699
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 27
Location : Belgium

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria OOC

Post  Chemistrychem on Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:25 pm

Demonu wrote:Seems like I was under the impression you had taken Best of the Breed twice, an oversight on my part.
My character isn't racist. He just don't like Zebras very much. To be honest it's a reference to Moon Man and other character mixed together.
Moon Man (the meme) is racist in nature.

Also, your character is eagerly and willingly killing off Zebras in his background story. Racial issues aside (Zebras being black with watermellon reference), those are actions that are more severe than 'doesn't like very much.'

I don't have to agree with your character but I can't prohibit you from playing it. Just be aware that there may be others that take a more serious offence to it

Don't worry. I can assure you that my character's background will have small influence on my roleplaying. However I must admit that some of the "race" problems will be played in way more subtle way.(compared to my character's background).
Despite from being "little more than politically incorrect" everything is going to be alright.
I also use sarcasm in describing it's behavior as "don't like"... but that's just my way of discussion.
avatar
Chemistrychem
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Gender : Male
Posts : 19
Join date : 2015-10-21
Age : 24
Location : Warsaw

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria OOC

Post  Demonu on Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:46 pm

Chemistrychem wrote:
Demonu wrote:Seems like I was under the impression you had taken Best of the Breed twice, an oversight on my part.
My character isn't racist. He just don't like Zebras very much. To be honest it's a reference to Moon Man and other character mixed together.
Moon Man (the meme) is racist in nature.

Also, your character is eagerly and willingly killing off Zebras in his background story. Racial issues aside (Zebras being black with watermellon reference), those are actions that are more severe than 'doesn't like very much.'

I don't have to agree with your character but I can't prohibit you from playing it. Just be aware that there may be others that take a more serious offence to it

Don't worry. I can assure you that my character's background will have small influence  on my roleplaying. However I must admit that some of the "race" problems will be played in way more subtle way.(compared to my character's background).
Despite from being "little more than politically incorrect" everything is going to be alright.
I also use sarcasm in describing it's behavior as "don't like"... but that's just my way of discussion.
Well, if you plan on revealing as to why exactly he hates Zebras through storytelling and plot/character development, all the better. It's just that, at the moment, there is no clear/defined reason as to why he would hate one particular group.

I was just concerned because there is a players group that I know IR that has a similar problem: one of the PC (played by a woman) hates all men without distinction. This grinds everything to a halt as she, IC, refuses to cooperate with any male figure, be it PC or NPC without any reason as to why said character has such a hate-on for men (other than the player stating 'I want to play my character this way.')

So yeah, nothing personal. Just bad experience with it.

In any case, it could provide interesting situations.
avatar
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 699
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 27
Location : Belgium

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria OOC

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum