Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Era Victoria IC

+4
Demonu
Paper Shadow
Crystalite
Chemistrychem
8 posters

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Go down

Era Victoria IC - Page 6 Empty Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  AleneShazam Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:51 pm

Chirurgeon scoffs. "Smooth Talker? A Buffalo member? I think that quite unlikely."
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:53 pm

Battery rolled his eyes at the antics of his companions. "Right. Let's get out of here before someone investigates," he grouses, straightening his cloak and trudging off towards 34 Tite Street...
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:25 pm

The trio leave the alley way without leaving a trace of their presence. After taking a fairly lengthy detour to collect The Battery's pay for last night's activities the group manages to arrive at a rather nicely kept boarding house. They arrive just as a messenger leaves the building.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:49 pm

Dahlia looks between the boarding house and the group. "Writing subjects first," he states, as he points to the door while looking at the Battery...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrestial Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:07 am

"That so? Well, i'm not sure how much should one account it to generosity, but..."

There was a little pause there. Deciding on what to say at that moment wasn't exactly easy for Chrome. It was one of those instances, when ideals clashed upon the fields of his mind. On one hand, if he were to stay silent on the matter, things would probably turn out smoothly, with how this mare seemed to have been satisfied with the very fact of the repair being done on time. Moreover, this amount of money, which meant a significant progress on some of his more expensive projects, could be possibly a laughable amount for someone higher in the social hierarchy, for whom was he actually doing the job. It was tempty. On the other hand, being honest with what he's doing, even when dealing with not particularly socially honoured individuals, was somewhat of a personal value to him. It was only after he soothed his desire with rational thinking as to how greediness doesn't pay in the long run, did he come to terms with what to do. He achieved that by convincing himself that, who knows, perhaps this is the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to shine and reach the higher circles, with presenting oneself from the best side at the beginning being crucial. It was very likely that he was just eluding himself and deep down, he was aware of it. Nonetheless, this excuse worked as means of convincing oneself to go in the right direction of the moral compass and for now, it was all that counted.

"... i find myself disagreeing with the price. Considering the market value of this service, including the time limit, i'm inclined to take half the amount."

As "Chanteuse" got up, so did Chrome, as courtesy dictated. That and he needed to show her the location of the back door too. Agreeing to the proposition itself was most popular among those of Chrome's customers, who seemed to be afraid of being not only seen, but followed too. The business, in which this mare came to him looked exceedingly clean and that made the stallion marvel. Not only did the nature of the request prove it - there was also the matter of "attending" what sounded like a pair of rather public events. Could it've been that this unicorn was a local celebrity of sorts, not wishing to draw attention of fans and paparazzi, following her around? That seemed unlikely too, considering a star probably wouldn't be running such simple errands for others. Chrome concluded that this mare was indeed an interesting, unique case.

"Pleasure's mine. One last question before you leave, if i may."

This matter was something the earth pony deliberately left for the end, for he did not wish to spoil the pleasant tea break mood. It would have been unsightly in the middle of the conversation, with how they've managed to stray away from business for a moment.

"Concerning the payment - should i bother Stargazer about it or rather expect another visit?"

Apart from clearing this matter between them, there was yet another reason why Chrome decided to bring it up. Customers, whose presence one could enjoy in peace were scarce among those, preferring night as the regular visit hours. Hence, with the following sentence - being actually true according to his current financial state - the earth pony hinted indirectly and subtly that this mare is, in fact, a welcome guest here:

"I... wouldn't mind waiting."
Terrestial
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:11 am

"That so? Well, i'm not sure how much should one account it to generosity, but..."

"... i find myself disagreeing with the price. Considering the market value of this service, including the time limit, i'm inclined to take half the amount."
"Chanteuse" tilts her head down and hmms softly in thought before replying, "Most, would simply take the extra money, but you are not like most. The world would be a better place if there were more like you around."

"Chanteuse" retrieves her cloak and follows Chrome to the rear door.

"Pleasure's mine. One last question before you leave, if i may."

"Concerning the payment - should i bother Stargazer about it or rather expect another visit?"
"Chanteuse" pauses and is just about to answer when...

"I... wouldn't mind waiting."
She catches herself and flashes a sweet smile at Chrome "I think another visit is in order."
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrestial Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:24 pm

After hearing such meanigful statements, positive ones no less, Chrome felt it was for the better neither to affirm not deny them. Especially as he wasn't sure about himself at that moment, considering what has he been going through internally just a moment ago. He was well aware of his vices and "Chanteuse's" comment did not obscure them from his view. Nonetheless, it was clear she meant this particular trait, hence there was no need to stray from it, adding in unnecessry details and going into tangled disuptes. That was something this stallion definitely didn't wish to delve into now, even if there was time for it. It would only spoil the moment. He let the mare's words resound there for a moment. It was apparent that he appreciated them, as his countenance grew serene and a little crescent of his own adorned his muzzle (he couldn't resist looking away though, as he wasn't used to compliments). That became even more evident with the unicorn, announcing her likely return in the future. Having brought her up to the rear door, he had her halt there with a hoof's gesture, as he peered out of the house first and checked the surroudings. Assuming there wasn't anything alarming in the neighbourhood, like the time he checked previously, he opened the door before the mare, bidding her goodbye:

"Unless you have any questions about the way from up here... have a nice day."
Terrestial
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Chemistrychem Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:29 pm

Entire plan was ruined.
He found a fish and a fishing rod but the most important part was missing.
The bait. He couldn't risk his life going to this tavern alone or without cover. Everything has changed. Time to find out where was this barkeeper living. Hope he didn't have wife or children. Oirik hated collateral damage.

... or maybe...

Chloroform wasn't that toxic. It wasn't flammable neither. Furthermore the small concentration in the air was enough to daze any single pony, zebra or even a dragon being. Ok... Dragons needed little bit more but that's not his problem, so far...

Find his household or room where he sleeps and prepare chloroform bath.
By preparing hot water and a chloroform test-tube.
(Simple and foolproof.)
1. Close all windows.
2. Find a kettle with boiling water add a chloroform to it.
3. Run as heck.

Chloroform vapor is heavier than air, so it will take some time to fill the room entirely.
Even opening the door would do the job.
Chemistrychem
Chemistrychem
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:45 pm

Terrestial wrote:
"Unless you have any questions about the way from up here... have a nice day."

"No, and you have my best wishes." "Chanteuse" walks away from shop and quickly disappears around a corner.

A short time after she leaves Chrome becomes fully aware that "Chanteuse"'s Cutie Mark was a pair of Dal segno notes, with the first reversed to form a V with the second.

Chemistrychem wrote:Entire plan was ruined.
He found a fish and a fishing rod but the most important part was missing.
The bait. He couldn't risk his life going to this tavern alone or without cover. Everything has changed. Time to find out where was this barkeeper living. Hope he didn't have wife or children. Oirik hated collateral damage.

... or maybe...

Chloroform wasn't that toxic. It wasn't flammable neither. Furthermore the small concentration in the air was enough to daze any single pony, zebra or even a dragon being. Ok... Dragons needed little bit more but that's not his problem, so far...

Find his household or room where he sleeps and prepare chloroform bath.
By preparing hot water and a chloroform test-tube.
(Simple and foolproof.)
1. Close all windows.
2. Find a kettle with boiling water add a chloroform to it.
3. Run as heck.

Chloroform vapor is heavier than air, so it will take some time to fill the room entirely.
Even opening the door would do the job.
Streetwise check 16+7=23
Oirik's search takes him along a back alleyway to... a staircase at rear of the Tavern, the Barkeep lives in one of the rooms on the second floor. Luckily this appears to be the only way up to the second floor and it isn't visible from the front. Unfortunately any loud noises would be clearly audible downstairs at the moment and all the doors are locked...
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:58 pm

"Right," Battery replied, stepping up to the door and rapping it sharply with a brass knuckle.

"... Why are you two here again?" he says after a few moments of waiting.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:23 pm

"Because Smooth Talker is only one of the great writers of our time. His appropriation of old myth into modern retellings are... inspiring." Chirurgeon says, waiting eagerly.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:24 pm

"You almost got us blown up. It's the least you can do," answers Dahlia with a smirk. "Besides, the doctor loves this guy, and I absolutely love listening to you tell people your story." Dahlia hunches his back, lowers his head, closes one of his eyes, and begins speaking in a low, rumbling voice. "Now, this ain't my story, but let me tell you my life story. But it ain't about me, it's just coincidence."
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:26 pm

"Maybe. I wouldn't know," Battery admitted, rolling his eyes at Dahlia's impression. "Let me rephrase. What do you plan on saying when this Smooth Talker asks what you two are here for?"
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:50 pm

The door silently swings open to reveal a strict looking caramel colored earth pony mare, "Ahem, who are you and state your business here."
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:53 pm

Battery blinked. It wasn't often a pony had the brass to talk so sternly to him. "Mister Smooth Talker invited us. Is he home?"
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:12 pm

"He is in. Wait for just a moment, I'll check if he willing to receive guest at the moment." The mare shuts door.

Smooth Talker hears a knocking at his door once more. "Mr. Talker, there are three callers at the door for you, a Deer, a Dragon, and a Griffon doctor, they claim to have been invited."
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:59 pm

Smooth Talker's silently stared at the letter for a couple of seconds before a grin formed on his face. He laid the letter on his desk, reached for a clean sheet of paper and a pen. 'I love riddles.' He thought to himself before he began to scribble.

One meal, two cups of tea and a smoke break later.

'I hate riddles.' Smooth Talker mentally cried out in frustration. He put his pen down and leaned back in his chair. The desk in front of him used to have some semblance of order but was now littered with sheets of paper. He had tried various deciphering systems but none of them yielded any substantial result. Other than words he was relatively sure of, he just couldn't make head or tails of it. For instance, if assuming the letter was written in the common tongue and followed basic grammar, the head of the letter should be addressing him, something to the extent of 'To Smooth Talker.' But what was that blasted other word starting with a capital letter? Last time he checked, Smooth Talker didn't have a middle name or anything of the like. Of course, that is going with the premise that capitalized words were indicative of names.

He picked up the letter and looked at it one final time. His mind drew a blank and after a minute or so, Smooth Talker caught himself just staring at the paper, as if he was trying to peer beyond the ink. With a sigh, he folded the letter back up and tossed it on his desk.
'Okay, there has to be something I'm missing.' he thought as he placed his arms behind his head and strechted. Some clue I'm overlooking. A key to all this madness.... He leaned back and closed his eyes for a moment. 'Key. Key. Key... wait, key?

He shot back upright and slammed his hand on the desk. 'A key! Of course!' he exclaimed. He grabbed a pen and jotted something down on a new sheet of paper:
Key
Key word?
Key phrase?

He pondered this new option. But even after getting up and pace around in his room, he was forced to admit he didn't have the faintest idea what the key word or phrase could be.
'Okay, instead of taking wild stabs in the dark, let's consider what we do have. He started off his internal monologue as he filled his pipe with tobacco and lit it. 'Let's think outside the box for a moment. Aside from the letter, what do we have? One, it was delivered by a messenger pony. Irrelevant, as anyone can use those services. Two, the envelope. Seems to be your basic everyday kind of envelope. Nothing to go on there. That just leaves us with... Smooth Talker glanced at his kitchen table. He hadn't thought much about it after he initially saw it but he walked over for a second look. The wax seal, carefully removed to keep it from breaking, could provide a clue as to who the mysterious sender of the letter is.
'A key crossed with an olive branch under a circlet and a large crown suspended over them. Smooth Talker narrated to himself as he inspected the seal. Wait... A key?!'

Smooth Talker's mind grinded into overdrive. 'Could this be a clue? Okay okay, what do I know of heraldry? Mostly used by old families with a clear lineage. So we're talking about aristocrats here. Or at the very least, ponies or others wealthy and influential enough to have a coat of arms. An olive branch: typically used as a symbol of peace or victory. Could indicate that the family of this coat of arms brought about peace, possibly by triumphing over others. Not much to go on by itself. Circlet: old fashioned form of a crown. Usually used as a coronation crown by the monarchy. Crown: obviously another royal sign.

Smooth Talker paused as a wild, almost impossible idea entered his head. 'This... This couldn't be...'
'The royal coat of arms?' He muttered confused.

Wait, no, that's... that's ridiculous. He continued his thinking. 'As if a member of the royal family would write anything to me.
He walked over to the window and drew open the curtains, as if illuminating the room could illuminate his mind. 'But maybe, just maybe... It's a possibility. He smiled to himself. 'And a coat of arms usually comes with a motto...'1

There wasn't too much time to mull it over however, as another knocking at his door drew his attention.

"Mr. Talker," He heard his landlady call out, "there are three callers at the door for you, a Deer, a Dragon, and a Griffon doctor, they claim to have been invited."

Over the years, Smooth Talker had gotten to know his landlady quite a bit. Hearing those words coming out of her mouth was something he didn't expect. He quickly scooped up the wax seal, drew open a deskdrawer and stuffed the letter, envelope, seal and all his decoding papers into it.

'Coming, Miss Brown.' He extinguished his pipe and straightened out his vest before moving into the hallway.
He thanked Miss Brown for tending to the door and gave her a warm smile as she trotted off.
'A Deer, a Dragon and a Griffon walk into a house.' he grinned to himself before opening the door.
-----------------------
History check to discern the royal motto: 19+9=28
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:04 pm

Battery squared his shoulders and straightened his cloak at the sound of foot steps inside. "Anyways. Best have an answer soon..."

The door opened. Battery looked the minotaur in the eye. "Are you Smooth Talker?" he asked. "We haven't met face to face yet...."
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:13 pm

Smooth Talker looked upon his trio of guests. It was an odd ensemble to say the least. The Deer looked distantly familiar but he couldn't seem to place him. The Dragon was a new sight. Not a lot of dragons in Witherschapel to begin with. The Griffon finally he did recognise. After all, it's hard to forget such a... unique character.

He was about to address the Griffon when the Dragon spoke up. "Are you Smooth Talker?" he asked. "We haven't met face to face yet...."

The Dragon's voice sounded faintly reminiscent. As if he had heard it somewhere before recently. Alas, with half his thoughts still on the letter, he blurted out the first thing that came to mind.
'Yes, how can I help you?'
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:22 pm

Battery nodded - the voice was the same. "We spoke this morning. You wanted to interview me, I believe. I apologize for bringing... Extra," he says, glancing back at Dahlia.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:56 pm

Crystalite wrote:Battery nodded - the voice was the same. "We spoke this morning. You wanted to interview me, I believe. I apologize for bringing... Extra," he says, glancing back at Dahlia.
Smooth Talker blinked a couple of times before he put two and two together.
'You...' He started, Oh right! Yes, of course. Do come in.'

He stepped aside for a bit before turning his head to address a goat that seemed to appear out of nowhere.1
'Geoffrey, I want you to go down to the store to get some more crumpets. Perhaps a cake or some cucumber sandwiches as well.'
He handed him a pouch that jingled softly with coins.
'Best get some cider too, while you're at it.'

Sending the goat on its way, Smooth Talker lead his guests back to his chambers. 'Please make yourselves at home.' He gestured towards a small living room that consisted of an armchair, a rocking chair and a two-person sofa centered around a round table.

'Anyone want tea?' He asked as he put on the kettle.
---------------
1 one use of Mook
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:01 am

The dragon looked around, nodding at the cozy interior. "Do you mind if I smoke?" he asks, producing a pipe made of a curiously colored metal.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:41 am

Chirurgeon seats himself, struggling to keep his excitement under control. "I'd rather not impose. I... must admit, I did not expect the esteemed Smooth Talker to be a minotaur; this is quite an exciting surprise. I'm a fan of your work; recently I acquired a copy of The Sword In The Stone... would, uh... would you be willing to sign it?" Slightly embarrassed, he fishes the smaller, travel-friendly copy that he had acquired from his travels out from his satchel and holds it up tentatively. "Just so I wouldn't have to interrupt the real reason we're here."

Last edited by AleneShazam on Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:52 am

"I mind," answers Dahlia to Battery while Chirurgeon asks for an autograph...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Demonu Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:28 pm

The dragon looked around, nodding at the cozy interior. "Do you mind if I smoke?" he asks, producing a pipe made of a curiously colored metal.
Smooth Talker looked up from his relatively small kitchen. 'Ah, a fellow kapnismologist' He said. 'Not at all. There's an ashtray on the table.'
"I mind," answers Dahlia
'Though I can't speak for your compatriots.'

The kettle began whistling so Smooth Talker took it off the stove. Placing it together with four cups, some small tea snacks and an assortment of tea bags onto a tray, he walked over to his guests and placed it on the table.
'I'm not sure what tea you'd like but I have regular, green, black, white, vanilla and forest fruits. He was about to describe the kind of snacks when the Griffon spoke up.
"I'd rather not impose. I... must admit, I did not expect the esteemed Smooth Talker to be a minotaur; this is quite an exciting surprise. I'm a fan of your work; recently I acquired a copy of The Sword In The Stone... would, uh... would you be willing to sign the cover?" Slightly embarrassed, he fishes the smaller, travel-friendly copy that he had acquired from his travels out from his satchel and holds it up tentatively. "Just so I wouldn't have to interrupt the real reason we're here."
Smooth Talker smiled as he grabbed a pen and took the book into one hand.
'Two fans and two book signings in two days? Go me. he thought to himself with a certain amount of pride.
'Certainly. Who shall I make it out to?'
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next