Era Victoria IC

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  Crystalite on Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:47 pm

Battery rolled his eyes, stepping over to the door. "Shall we, then?" He reached for the door knob, and...

*KNOCK* *KNOCK*

"... Curious. You seem to have anothe patient," the drake grumbled, standing aside, behind the door.
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  tygerburningbright on Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:30 pm

Chemistrychem wrote:"Thanks" - said  Oirik grabbing and perfectly folding all papers. After a second he hid  them in his coat's breast pocket.
"Looks promising... " - He replied ironically, but then he smiled gently and started  consuming his dinner. Thinking about his job without being a little drunk was a torture for his conscience. Not that he had something like conscience anyway... He wolfed down his garlic bread and quaffed the pint of cider.
He looked around  to be sure that there was no troublemakers nor any nosy ponies nearby.
Using his magic he slowly pull the papers out of his breast pocket and started  reading them carefully. They looked promising just like the cure for unemployment should look like.

The very first paper Oirik pulls out isn't a bounty poster issued by the government or even the East Ibixian Company but rather the Lion's Den Gang. The poster contains a sketch of... Oirik himself to be captured alive with a price of 100,000 bits. As he looks at the poster his vision starts to blur, there was poison in the food!
avatar
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3141
Join date : 2012-07-19
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  Terrestial on Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:34 pm

Although he strived not to show that, the guest's words came off as quite surprising for Chrome Drive. It was rare for an average-faring mechanic like him to receive a request from such a distinguished place. The cloaked unicorn, with its gentle manner of speaking, struck the earth pony as somepony quite possibly acquainted with the higher class on a regular basis. One could easily tell that accent apart from the rough ones resounding amidst the neighbouring streets. Was that, perhaps, a lackey, running a last-minute errand for its superior, whose careless behaviour was to bring him or her shame, were the wrongs not amended fast? One could only guess at that point, but it was intriguing to a level.

Chrome Drive took the object carefully from his customer's magical grasp and glanced through the window, as to check how much time was there for him, were he to accept this job.

"Is there anypony particular i should hand it over to?"

Having asked that, he began studying the mechanism in question, both to figure out its workings and determine the cause of malfunction. He tried to ascertain it was within his range of capabilities to take care of the problem properly on time.

Mechanics check: 18/23 + d20 (13) = 31/36 <depending on whether freaky knowledge may or may not be applied in this instance/to this object>

During the process, a simple question flared in his mind - would a pony such as him even be allowed into the aforementioned "administrative building of the Royal Asylum"?

Streetwise check: 8 + d20 (7) = 15
avatar
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 190
Join date : 2015-06-03
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  AleneShazam on Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:20 am

Chirurgeon tilted his head. "Another? This early?" He murmured, and moved up to the door.

"Who seeks the Chirurgeon in these morning hours?" He asked through the door.
avatar
AleneShazam
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 988
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  tygerburningbright on Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:02 am

Terrestial wrote:
Chrome Drive took the object carefully from his customer's magical grasp and glanced through the window, as to check how much time was there for him, were he to accept this job.

"Is there anypony particular i should hand it over to?"

Having asked that, he began studying the mechanism in question, both to figure out its workings and determine the cause of malfunction. He tried to ascertain it was within his range of capabilities to take care of the problem properly on time.

Mechanics check: 18/23 + d20 (13) = 31/36 <depending on whether freaky knowledge may or may not be applied in this instance/to this object>

During the process, a simple question flared in his mind - would a pony such as him even be allowed into the aforementioned "administrative building of the Royal Asylum"?

Streetwise check: 8 + d20 (7) = 15

It is just barely morning but the sun sets very early this time of year so there are about seven and a half hour of daylight left.

"You should ask for Stargazer, and if anyone there asks who gave you the job say that Chanteuse sent you.

The sphere Chrome is holding is a Type 13 orrery. This model has a set of complex and delicate gear-work that allows for each element to be driven independently while maintaining a relatively small size, additionally this particular one has been modified for use in divination so, in addition to showing the eight planets it has a projector for the constellations. It’s likely that some of the springs have weakened altering the speeds of the gears which would throw off various parts of the mechanism. While replacing the springs isn’t a partially difficult task getting each individual spring to the proper level of tension would be five or six hours of tedious work.

Chrome has seen the imposing grey stone tower of the Royal Asylum more than a few times off to the side of Witherchappel street but has never given it much thought, he thinks that he should be allowed to enter…
avatar
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3141
Join date : 2012-07-19
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  Terrestial on Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:55 am

Chrome Drive just nodded this time, absorbed by the task of analyzing the mechanism. Only after its mysteries have been unveiled and calculations been made, did he raise his head and turn it  towards the unicorn, stating:

"I believe it should be within the range of my abilities."

His mind freed from the Type 13 orrery for a moment, Chrome Drive pondered whether he hadn't heard of the two names mentioned by the mare prior to their meeting.*

The earth pony stood up from behind the counter and went past the unicorn, towards the entrance to his shop. He flipped the sign swinging by the door, from "open" to "closed" - as seen from the perspective of the ones on the street. If he were to accomplish this task, no distractions had to be allowed. Unfortunately, thinking ahead, that could've meant sustaining oneself on snacks instead of getting a proper dinner on time. However, one could get at least a cup of some hot beverage for the hours of work to come..

"Would you care for some tea?"** - Chrome Drive asked his guest, while filling a kettle with water.

Judging from her panting and wheezing at the beginning of their conversation, she could've either rushed here or spent a prolonged time exposed to the atmospheric conditions. One way or another, Chrome Drive felt it was proper to offer at least a little hospitality, especially if the name "Chanteuse" and the musicality of its bearer's voice were anything to go by. Some artists, being their own instruments, suffer the curse of not being able to repair or replace their craft tools easily, after all.

"I'd hate to see a customer leave in such shape during so harsh a weather."

Chrome Drive was also a bit curious as to what might this pony's reaction be to this simple, kind gesture.

*Streetwise check: 8 + d20 (4) = 12

**Persuasion check: 8 + d20 (12) = 20
avatar
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 190
Join date : 2015-06-03
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  Demonu on Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:03 pm

AleneShazam wrote:Chirurgeon tilted his head. "Another? This early?" He murmured, and moved up to the door.

"Who seeks the Chirurgeon in these morning hours?" He asked through the door.
'Wait, what?'

Smooth Talker took a moment to process the response before his brain jumped into overdrive.
'Okay, this must be some kind of secret password to keep interlopers from getting in. I shouldn't be surprised really, this city does have its secrets. Let's see here. Morning hours just refers to the current time so that's dismissable. Who as in person? Best keep it vague as not to give away my identity too soon. One who... what? Seeks, that implies an objective. Good. Now chirurgeon. Archaic word for doctor or surgeon. Of course, this is a doctor's office after all. A house of healing if you will. Wait... That's it! Put all of that combined and we get...'
Smooth Talker cleared his throat. 'One who seeks healing.' he said with confidence.
avatar
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 699
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Belgium

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  Chemistrychem on Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:10 pm

"Why there is my face on this poster? 100 000 bits? That's crazy! I must have drunk too much... But... Oh... Blurry" - he thought.

Indeed, everything started to blur. He was quite dizzy. Not a normal reaction to cider or garlic bread. He wasn't allergic to any of them.

"What if... I was poisoned? " - he thought.
"Who the hell would want to get me alive?" - he screamed internally. He didn't got much time.
He used his magic to squeeze his stomach trying to throw up everything he ate before. He vomited on the posters he was reading.
"Bleeeh... I hope this will work... "
Better get out of here real quick!
avatar
Chemistrychem
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Gender : Male
Posts : 19
Join date : 2015-10-21
Age : 24
Location : Warsaw

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  AleneShazam on Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:20 pm

Demonu wrote:
Smooth Talker cleared his throat. 'One who seeks healing.' he said with confidence.

Chirurgeon paused. One who seeks healing? Sounds like some kind of terrible password to a secret organization. Still, if whoever said that truly needed healing, then there was no reason for him to bar the way. Even if there were two rather notorious mercenary type people in his office. Opening the door so he could fully see who was at the door, Chirurgeon paused as he saw the minotaur. "...No signs of illness or injury. I'm sorry, but I only treat emergencies at this hour. If you seek an appointment or wish for a medicinal remedy, I am afraid you will have to come back later." He glanced at the dragon and the deer. "I am... otherwise occupied."
avatar
AleneShazam
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 988
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  Demonu on Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:41 pm

AleneShazam wrote:
Demonu wrote:
Smooth Talker cleared his throat. 'One who seeks healing.' he said with confidence.

Chirurgeon paused. One who seeks healing? Sounds like some kind of terrible password to a secret organization. Still, if whoever said that truly needed healing, then there was no reason for him to bar the way. Even if there were two rather notorious mercenary type people in his office. Opening the door so he could fully see who was at the door, Chirurgeon paused as he saw the minotaur. "...No signs of illness or injury. I'm sorry, but I only treat emergencies at this hour. If you seek an appointment or wish for a medicinal remedy, I am afraid you will have to come back later." He glanced at the dragon and the deer. "I am... otherwise occupied."
Smooth Talker, being an author with quite the imaginative mind, wouldn't bat an eye at things that most others would find strange or unusual. A griffin covered from head to paw in a full body suit? Not one of those things.

'Hmm... yes, quite.' Smooth Talker softly said. Not wanting to appear rude, he quickly followed up on it. 'My apologies for intruding but I wanted to ask you: the patient you received before I knocked, would he or she still be here?'

As he was saying that, Smooth Talker peeked into the room. Aside from the aforementioned griffin, the only other occupant was a deer. Another unusual sight in the city and certainly an intriging one but best to focus on one thing at a time.
avatar
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 699
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Belgium

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  Crystalite on Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:47 pm

Battery listened intently. Somebody saw him enter? And was following him? Most of the folks who followed him wanted him dead, or hired. Best be cautious, this morning. He reached under his cloak to grasp for his weapon, leaving it in the holster for now... But in his grasp, nonetheless, grimacing in anticipation as he waited silently...
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  AleneShazam on Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:53 pm

Chirurgeon tensed. His frequent interactions with members of all levels of society has shown him just how deceptive appearances could be. If the minotaur sought out the Battery... "This is a house of healing," He said, this time cautiously. "And I am bound by an oath of privacy regarding the status of my patients."
avatar
AleneShazam
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 988
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  Paper Shadow on Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:57 pm

"Who's asking, anyway?" adds Dahlia...

_________________
Ellipses are kinda my thing...

Based Emotion Chart:
avatar
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Posts : 3628
Join date : 2012-11-23
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  Demonu on Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:20 pm

AleneShazam wrote:Chirurgeon tensed. His frequent interactions with members of all levels of society has shown him just how deceptive appearances could be. If the minotaur sought out the Battery... "This is a house of healing," He said, this time cautiously. "And I am bound by an oath of privacy regarding the status of my patients."
'Ah yes, the doctor's oath of Hippocrates.' Smooth Talker smiled, hoping not to overstay his welcome. 'It's just that I could have sworn that I saw a scaley figure with a metal-looking appendage entering here and that reminded me of a story. The story of the Battery...'

Smooth Talker made another quick check of the room. The griffin would have certainly stood out if he were the one entering the building earlier and the deer across the room didn't quite match the profile, what with the whole lacking scales and metal limbs bit.

'But we all know they don't exist anymore, right?' Smooth Talker said, feeling almost disappointed that a drake wasn't present.
"Who's asking, anyway?" adds Dahlia...
Clearly someone who is seeing things that aren't there. Smooth Talker replied with a shrug and a smile. 'My apologies. It seems that I was mistaken. Gentlemen, I bid you adieu.' With a final nod towards the deer and the griffin, Smooth Talker turned around. He tried to banish all other thoughts from his mind safe for the one that enticed him with a good sleep after a night of partying and chasing after things that were long dead.

'Could be worse.' He thought to himself as he walked towards a rising sun. It could be raining.'
avatar
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 699
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Belgium

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  Crystalite on Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:43 pm

"Wait," Battery said through the door.

"If I were who you seem to think I am," he said, claws tensing around the handle of his weapon, "what exactly would you want with me?"
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  AleneShazam on Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:49 pm

Chirurgeon bit his bottom lip and covertly thumbed a syringe of healing serum. If this came to blows...
avatar
AleneShazam
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 988
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  Paper Shadow on Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:06 pm

Dehlia looked between all the parties in the room. If this came to blows...

...He wasn't gonna help. Would serve Battery right for opening his big mouth...

_________________
Ellipses are kinda my thing...

Based Emotion Chart:
avatar
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Posts : 3628
Join date : 2012-11-23
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  tygerburningbright on Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:07 pm

Terrestial wrote:
"I believe it should be within the range of my abilities."

His mind freed from the Type 13 orrery for a moment, Chrome Drive pondered whether he hadn't heard of the two names mentioned by the mare prior to their meeting.*

Judging from her panting and wheezing at the beginning of their conversation, she could've either rushed here or spent a prolonged time exposed to the atmospheric conditions. One way or another, Chrome Drive felt it was proper to offer at least a little hospitality, especially if the name "Chanteuse" and the musicality of its bearer's voice were anything to go by. Some artists, being their own instruments, suffer the curse of not being able to repair or replace their craft tools easily, after all.

"I'd hate to see a customer leave in such shape during so harsh a weather."

Chrome Drive was also a bit curious as to what might this pony's reaction be to this simple, kind gesture.

*Streetwise check: 8 + d20 (4) = 12

**Persuasion check: 8 + d20 (12) = 20

The two names don't mean anything in particular to Chrome

"It is good to hear that." "Chanteuse" turns around and begins to go for the door. At Chrome offer they stop and turn back to face him, they then pull down their hood revealing her to be a white coated mare with electric blue eyes and mane. "I thank you very much for your hospitality. A spot of tea would simply be lovely right now." She says with a small smile.

Chemistrychem wrote:"Why there is my face on this poster? 100 000 bits? That's crazy! I must have drunk too much... But... Oh... Blurry" - he thought.

Indeed, everything started to blur. He was quite dizzy. Not a normal reaction to cider or garlic bread. He wasn't allergic to any of them.

"What if... I was poisoned? " - he thought.
"Who the hell would want to get me alive?" - he screamed internally. He didn't got much time.
He used his magic to squeeze  his stomach trying to throw up everything he ate before. He vomited on the posters he was reading.
"Bleeeh... I hope this will work... "
Better get out of here real quick!

The plan works for the most part, Oirik manages to purge most of the poison from his stomach but some of it has already been absorbed... it is starring to get hard to keep his eyes open. The barkeep sees that his trap has failed and begins to scramble for a weapon hidden under the bar.


Last edited by tygerburningbright on Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:26 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : GM is blind)
avatar
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3141
Join date : 2012-07-19
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  Demonu on Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:21 pm

Crystalite wrote:"Wait," Battery said through the door.

"If I were who you seem to think I am," he said, claws tensing around the handle of his weapon, "what exactly would you want with me?"
Smooth Talker stopped dead in his tracks. A third voice, one he hadn't heard before came from inside the room. It came from... behind the door? Smooth Talker repressed the urge to go back inside to see exactly who was behind door #1 but that would make the situation a whole lot more awkward. Besides, sleep deprivation and tiredness from all night partying began to sink in and his legs started to get heavy. Dealing with a griffin doctor in full ornate, a potential drake and a deer required a more clear head.

'I would...' Smooth Talker began his usual sales pitch before he switched to a more honest and bold approach, 'I would like to hear your side of the story.' Then he said the one line that every writer utters whenever he or she needs to pry for information. 'It's for a book I'm writing.'

Reaching into his vest pocket, Smooth Talker retrieved a small business card of his and handed it over to the griffin. 'If you want to contact me, the good doctor here has my card.' With that transaction complete, Smooth Talker once more turned his heels and strutted off to his bed back home.
-------------------
I'd imagine the business card is rather minimalistic, being just plain white with three lines of text in an elegant black font:
Smooth Talker
Celebrated Author
34 Tite Street
avatar
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 699
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Belgium

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  AleneShazam on Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:02 pm

Chirurgeon simply handed the card to Battery. "If you're interested."
avatar
AleneShazam
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 988
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  Crystalite on Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:03 pm

Battery took the card from the griffon as the stranger left, staring at it for several minutes.

"... Huh." Most peculiar. While he had told his story enough times, this was the first time someone had actively sought it out. "...Coffee first," he decided.
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  tygerburningbright on Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:29 pm

The nearest coffee house is a good ten minutes walk away and is a well worn wooden building sitting in the shadow of the Bell Foundry, already workers and clerks are jostling for drinks before work begins.
avatar
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3141
Join date : 2012-07-19
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  AleneShazam on Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:42 pm

Chirurgeon frowned as the combination of murky city air and coffee assaulted his sinuses. "Is that what passes for coffee these days? Back in my day, our brew actually smelled good."
avatar
AleneShazam
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 988
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  Crystalite on Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:02 pm

"Physician, heal thyself," Battery retorted as he got in line to order. "I'm sure you smelled nice in your day too."
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  Paper Shadow on Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:07 pm

Dahlia goes off to find a table for the three to sit at...

_________________
Ellipses are kinda my thing...

Based Emotion Chart:
avatar
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Posts : 3628
Join date : 2012-11-23
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum