Era Victoria IC

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  AleneShazam on Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:27 pm

"Make the rounds, talk to patrons if possible. I can counter the effects of opiates somewhat, at least on the physical side. Maybe I can blend in and gather information."
avatar
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1060
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  tygerburningbright on Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:46 pm

Demonu wrote:
'Glad to know my reputation is still preceding me.' Smooth Talker thought to himself. The elderly gentlepony was obviously in a hurry so he decided not to impede too much on his time.

'Of course.' Smooth Talker replied, 'I just have something here that I believe belongs to you, Professor Talker.' Smooth Talker reached into his pocket, took out the piece of paper and offered it to the earth pony.*
----------------------
* I would like to use
Empathetic:
Empathetic (2) – At Will
Preparation Time: 10 seconds
You can feel the emotions of creatures around you, even when they show no physical signs of their true feelings. Make a perception check with a +5 bonus to sense the emotional state of a target creature you can see.
on Sharp Talker when he takes the paper and/or notices the writing.
Perception = 15(skill)+5(bonus)+10(dice roll)=30

The Professor takes the paper and peers that it for a moment, "This appears to be a ciphered letter something a fair bit out of my area of expertise. What makes you think that it is for me?"
To Smooth Talker most are like an open book with their emotions however this pony might as well be a blank stone wall for all he can discern .



AleneShazam wrote:Chirurgeon steps towards the doors, keeping a keen eye on any shady activity. "What else but to go in? Unless you have something else in mind?"

He then takes a moment to look over the building in its entirety - noting its height, potential alternate entry ways, or just anything noteworthy. "Might pay off to take a look around first..."

Perception: 16 + 10 = 26

It occurs to Chirurgeon that the building would be simply impractical if it were constructed in any normal fashion so it occurs to him that most of the emporium should be underground. There should be a more discrete entryway but it isn't readily visible, also the building's chimneys look too small for even an acrobatic pony to slip though.

Terrestial wrote:Having not moved from behind the counter in order to put things into motion, Chrome resumed the position of a craftsman bent over his work... yet one roused away from it and looking at the far end of the shop, by the time the guard's arrived - as though it was not the orange unicorn's appearance that frazzled him. He jumped a little in his seat at the notion of the forceful arrival and turned towards the newcomer, addressing him in a slightly shaky, surprised, yet not scared tone:

"I-i heard that too, sir!"

Quite a true statement, that one. He pushed his seat away from his workplace, getting up and beckoning the guard, he rushed into the deeper part of his shop.

"This way! There's a back door here, behind which..."

The guard follows after Chrome.

However, upon reaching and opening it up to the, most probably empty and cold darkness of the minor alley it led to, he feigns a look of realization striking him as he looks around fruitlessly.

"Wait... oh god, no... if that's an another energy core malfunction, i swear..."

He growls, turning back to the inside of the shop.

"I have a certain suspicion, sir... that may've been my fault, let me check... please do follow, sir."
At first Chrome is met with a questioning look but a nod eventually comes forth.

He leads the guard to yet another part of the house-shop, the proudest one of the humble lot. The storage room, messy with all sorts of machinery - both finished and semi-complete - as well as enough spare parts to satisfy any steampunk geek. Tracing a familar outline in this impressive pile, Chrome began rummaging in it for cover, not going directly for digging up what he inteneded to eventually. With the hasty movements of his forelegs, which he used to move stuff around, he flipped the switches of the desired mechanism along the way.* To provide further distraction, he "accidently" activated a few of the minor appliances present there, along the way.

"Ugh... it's gotta be around here somewhere... one moment please..."

Knowing the delay between switching the power on and the actual activation of the steamdrive, Chrome shifted away from it, apparently trying to browse a different section of the overbearing heap. The guard could observe how something stirred violently in a place different from where the earth pony was and could hear very clearly a loud, female shout, coming from under a few pony-looking, clockwork figures:

"HELP! THEY'RE TAKING ME! GUARDS!"

"Oh bother.."
The sound, which came from beneath was as reminiscent of the assailant's as Chrome could set it during his preparations just a while ago, round the activation part. ** As the earth pony jumped to help out the trapped thing, he was met with resistance, as his hooves got slapped away... in the process though, an enticing figure emerged. It was a slender, pretty-looking mare-shaped automaton, its masterful design just barely betraying its artificial nature. It cast its eyes around frantically and backed away from both the clockwork pony figures she's been under as well as Chrome. In doing that, she spotted the guard and darted towards his him, burying her nuzzle in his chest and taking hold of him in an embracing hug.

"You're here to save me... right?"

"Ugh... whoever thought of those damsels in distress models... does that sound like what you heard, sir?" ***

Slightly dumbfounded and entranced by the doll the guard eventually manages to tear his eyes off the machine and back to Chrome. "Yes that it did..."

She shuddered as she said that, her voice sounding as if she were scared... though she began to get relaxed after just a moment of gripping him. Her coat was soft and pleasant in touch, as was her skin-like surface tender, owing to the materials used in her creation. Her body was warm, like that of a living being, due to the circulation of heat, provided by the steam engine, driving her motion.

"Am i glad... mmm..."

"Tch. That must have been the engine initialization issue... one of the reasons it found its way here in the first place... I'm terribly sorry for having disturbed the night peace, sir. I thought i took out the responsible circuit... must've missed it in the rush hours..."

The automaton released its hold, but it began to trace a hoof up the guard's chest. The next sentence she spoke had a completely different feel to it. Signs of distress were much obscured. The voice was alluring, heartmelting and served with a side dish of bedroom eyes:

"However could i could repay such a big, strong stallion~?"

As that happened, Chrome groaned and facehooved.

"Please don't judge me, sir... i'm just fixing this stuff for ponies who can afford it..."


*Create Crazy Contraption - Pretty, speaking automaton sex doll

Expending one use of Nimble Hooves


**Mechanics check: 18 + 5 + 5 + d20 (2) = 30

***Persuasion check: 8 + d20 (18) = 26

"No, not at all we've all got to make a living. I'll just be on my way..." With this the guard makes a hasty if a bit awkward retreat out of Chrome's shop.


Chemistrychem wrote:Zebras, Deers, Griffons, Mules... Why do I have to work in such an environment?
I told them that another race war was a solution but they have ignored me and they've only muttered those buzzwords like "Xenophobe! Racist! Fascist! You intolerant bigot! We need Di-ver-si-ty..."
"Disgusting! Brainwashed ponies... "

"Only Griffons and Dragons seems to be somehow trustworthy..."

"On the other hand... personalities like this Zebra are quite fascinating! Furthermore, catching or killing her can make me rich as good ol' Griffons"

He realized that he was standing on the street hypnotized for a couple of minutes.

"Maybe I should walk in and inform those fatties about what is going to happen?"

"Or maybe interrogate those 'captains' "
"Jau seems to be the closest one "

Oirik hesitated for a moment and then he stated his decision.

" Jau probably heard about me and I want to surprise him if it's possible. "
Oirik was enlightened!
" Maybe... hire some poor Zebra to gather some information? Or even better... "

Oirik's plan was quite simple form the logistic point of view. Make a false letter from an imaginary Deer assasin, leave it nearby Jau headquarters, and kidnap him!

"Maybe not deer and not an assasin... make a false letter from... One of my old victims! I'm a genius! Nobody remembers random zebras or deers! "

That's why they call him Oirik " NO tears for dead deers" Marou

“Let's set a trap! “
Oirik grinned, showing his teeth, like never before.
streetwise 19+7=26
Persuasion 12+7 =19

Oirik’s public rantings attract more than a few stares and glares but it doesn’t seem like anypony has called the guard for a public disturbance… As for his plans he has a suitably sympathetic sob story set up in his mind when it dawns on him that he doesn’t have the faintest idea as to where Jau’s headquarters might be and none of his intel did anything more than narrow down the district to Witherschapel .
avatar
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3141
Join date : 2012-07-19
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  Paper Shadow on Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:19 pm

"So I don't have to worry about you getting caught up with chimneys or anything?" asks Dahlia...

_________________
Ellipses are kinda my thing...

Based Emotion Chart:
avatar
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Posts : 3672
Join date : 2012-11-23
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  AleneShazam on Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:52 pm

"These old bones? Not a chance, unfortunately." Chirurgeon chuckles. "What about you?"
avatar
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1060
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  Paper Shadow on Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:15 pm

"I'm going to see if the owner is in, try to get a conversation going and see if that'll help."

_________________
Ellipses are kinda my thing...

Based Emotion Chart:
avatar
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Posts : 3672
Join date : 2012-11-23
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  Terrestial on Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:29 am

Chrome waited for a moment until the guard left his sight. Only then did he allow himself a quiet sigh of relief. That was a close call. He underestimated the mare that's visited him... and by no means were they done with one another, it seemed. He deemed it wise to let some time pass after the unicorn left the shop. He didn't plan to waste it though. With no further need to let the automaton go on about with its core functions undirected, he put his own coat on it, hood included, and ordered it to cautiously pick up the package that the pegasus brought and take it out of the house. Not before giving it some additional instructions though. The door she chose for that was meant to be one opposite to the one that the guard chose. The mechanic grabbed a telescope and watched through the window as the automaton opened up the mysterious package from a safe distance, near one of the street lanterns, to allow for some light, by which he'd judge what is it, at least roughly. The earth pony feared that it might have something to do with one of the plans the mare was willing to serve him with... and by no means was he wishing to open it in his house, were it to be a bomb or a container for compressed sleeping powder. He wished to get to know what was there in store for him.
avatar
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 190
Join date : 2015-06-03
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  AleneShazam on Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:08 pm

"Sounds sensible. You have a plan for getting to the owner, I presume? Establishment of this scale, the owner can't be so careless as to meet just anyone who walks in." Chirurgeon says. "Shall we try and find a more discreet entrance?"
avatar
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1060
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  Demonu on Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:38 pm

The Professor takes the paper and peers that it for a moment, "This appears to be a ciphered letter something a fair bit out of my area of expertise. What makes you think that it is for me?"
To Smooth Talker most are like an open book with their emotions however this pony might as well be a blank stone wall for all he can discern .
Smooth Talker was surprised. Usually, he could read people like he could read a good book but the professor seemed to be an exception. One might even go as far as to say that Smooth Talker was pleasantly surprised, for it provided him with something that didn't happen all that often: a challenge.

'This was delivered to my home by a messenger pony.' Smooth Talker replied to the elderly pony. 'The envelope read S. Talker so one could hardly fault me for assuming it was intended for me. The messenger pony later returned and explained that he had delivered it to the wrong S. Talker. The poor chap was so out of his mind about making an error that I offered to drop off the letter to the only other S. Talker I know: you, the renowned professor of philosophy here at the Haythrop college.'

Smooth Talker gave the professor a warm smile. 'I haven't the faintest idea as to why someone would send you an encrypted letter but at least I can make sure you receive it.'
avatar
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 699
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 27
Location : Belgium

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  tygerburningbright on Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:00 pm

Terrestial wrote:Chrome waited for a moment until the guard left his sight. Only then did he allow himself a quiet sigh of relief. That was a close call. He underestimated the mare that's visited him... and by no means were they done with one another, it seemed. He deemed it wise to let some time pass after the unicorn left the shop. He didn't plan to waste it though. With no further need to let the automaton go on about with its core functions undirected, he put his own coat on it, hood included, and ordered it to cautiously pick up the package that the pegasus brought and take it out of the house. Not before giving it some additional instructions though. The door she chose for that was meant to be one opposite to the one that the guard chose. The mechanic grabbed a telescope and watched through the window as the automaton opened up the mysterious package from a safe distance, near one of the street lanterns, to allow for some light, by which he'd judge what is it, at least roughly. The earth pony feared that it might have something to do with one of the plans the mare was willing to serve him with... and by no means was he wishing to open it in his house, were it to be a bomb or a container for compressed sleeping powder. He wished to get to know what was there in store for him.

The automaton opens the package and is obscured as cloud of fine sliver colored dust bursts out of the package. The cloud flashes in the street light and off in the distance Chrome can see a foal run off after seeing the dust in the light. As the cloud disperses Chrome can tell that some of it has setteled upon both the Automaton and the coat.


Demonu wrote:
Smooth Talker was surprised. Usually, he could read people like he could read a good book but the professor seemed to be an exception. One might even go as far as to say that Smooth Talker was pleasantly surprised, for it provided him with something that didn't happen all that often: a challenge.

'This was delivered to my home by a messenger pony.' Smooth Talker replied to the elderly pony. 'The envelope read S. Talker so one could hardly fault me for assuming it was intended for me. The messenger pony later returned and explained that he had delivered it to the wrong S. Talker. The poor chap was so out of his mind about making an error that I offered to drop off the letter to the only other S. Talker I know: you, the renowned professor of philosophy here at the Haythrop college.'

Smooth Talker gave the professor a warm smile. 'I haven't the faintest idea as to why someone would send you an encrypted letter but at least I can make sure you receive it.'

Sharp nods his head in agreement, "Not an unreasonable set of assumptions to make. Your story does raise the question on why you happen to have a notorious dragon alongside you." He pauses and glances at a pocket watch hanging from his briefcase, " This admittedly, has piqued my interest. While, I must be leaving I shall make an attempt at solving this conundrum...The letter you gave me was it the original or a copy as the apparently ciphered text could just be a ruse distracting from a hidden message?"."
avatar
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3141
Join date : 2012-07-19
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  Crystalite on Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:00 pm

Battery glared down at Professor Talker. "The notorious dragon is here," he growled, "Because an attempt on Mr. Talker's life was made over this letter," he said, towering over the professor menacingly. "Which I'm sure you had nothing to do with... Right?"

Checks:
Persuasion - intimidate the professor pony.

Result A: 1d20 [13] + Perception [10] = 23
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  Demonu on Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:54 pm

Crystalite wrote:Battery glared down at Professor Talker. "The notorious dragon is here," he growled, "Because an attempt on Mr. Talker's life was made over this letter," he said, towering over the professor menacingly. "Which I'm sure you had nothing to do with... Right?"

Checks:
Persuasion - intimidate the professor pony.

Result A: 1d20 [13] + Perception [10] = 23
'Easy there.' Smooth Talker advised him companion. 'We don't want to frighten the good professor.'
" This admittedly, has piqued my interest. While, I must be leaving I shall make an attempt at solving this conundrum...The letter you gave me was it the original or a copy as the apparently ciphered text could just be a ruse distracting from a hidden message?"."
Smooth Talker scratched his chin. 'Wait, are you saying that someone would go as far as to send a message along with a decoy message and then cypher said decoy message to distract from the actual message? Smooth Talker raised his shoulders. 'Sounds a bit much, don't you think?'

He saw the professor glancing at his pocket watch. 'I wouldn't want you to be late for your appointment so here's your letter.' He handed the piece of paper to the pony. 'We could always talk later in case something comes up.'
avatar
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 699
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 27
Location : Belgium

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  AleneShazam on Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:28 pm

Failing to find a more discreet entrance, Chirurgeon steps towards the main doors. "Well, it's now or never." He pushes them open... only to find them locked. "...Well. Dahlia, I believe this requires your expertise." He steps aside for Dahlia to take a crack at the lock.
avatar
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1060
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  Terrestial on Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:10 am

Chrome was quite surprised... less so on the package's contents than at the foal's presence. The stallion didn't have the slightest idea what it was doing there in the middle of the night. If it were on an adventureous, youthful stroll, unsupervised, then it was all the better that this little show frightened it into returning to safety... at least, than was what the earth pony thought before cringing at the thought that it may've been yet another member of this troublesome rogue family, left there on lookout for good measure by the insightful, cunning sister. He deemed that a possibility worth taking into account. From the safety of his shop, he ordered the automanton to fall on the ground. The mechanic proceeded to take out and put on his spare coat - again, hood included - and after waiting a moment, went out of the shop in the direction of his clockwork servant. He pulled it into his abode by one of the snow-washed far ends of its forelegs, careful not to touch any of the dust in the process. He hoped to make it look as though the pegasus mare tricked him into opening the box and was now withdrawing to a more private place... he didn't know how much sense had a ruse like this, but it was worth a shot. Better safe than sorry.

Once in the house, he hung a small "be back soon" card on the outside of the door, closed it, got the candles lighted and had the blinds go down, just as during the time with Chanteuse. He ordered the automaton in a hushed voice to get up and clean herself of the silver stuff, using the dust-free parts of the cloak upon it. It was doomed to a hard scrubbing at this point anyway. Afterwards, the coat was to be discarded nearby. Chrome relayed further instructions considering what was about to happen immediately afterwards then proceeded to get the rope again and re-surfaced the pegasus's little wooden prison. Before he had it opened though, using the mechanism responsible for movement of it, he rotated the whole thing round its axis in a rapid succession for a short while. If that mare had somehow undone all three kind of bonds she was treted with, she was in for more. The moment Chrome deemed a serious enough head spinning was afflicted upon the mare, he stopped the machine and pressed the controls responsible for its opening. The sight the trapped one beheld was not Chrome, but the automaton, which at this moment started carrying out the aforementioned instructions. It sprang to action, holding down the mare - if only to the best of its limited abilites - while Chrome opened the wooden box from the back, jumping in on the prisoner from the other side and attempting to gag and tie her up properly amidst the unfavorable condidtions he inflicted upon her.*

Spending second charge of Nimble Hooves:

Mechanics check: 18 + 5 + d20 (
13) = 36
avatar
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 190
Join date : 2015-06-03
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  Paper Shadow on Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:15 pm

Dahlia moves up to the door and starts tinkering away at the lock...

(Mechanics Check: 10 (Roll) + 8 (Skill) = 18)

_________________
Ellipses are kinda my thing...

Based Emotion Chart:
avatar
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Posts : 3672
Join date : 2012-11-23
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  tygerburningbright on Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:48 pm

AleneShazam wrote:Failing to find a more discreet entrance, Chirurgeon steps towards the main doors. "Well, it's now or never." He pushes them open... only to find them locked. "...Well. Dahlia, I believe this requires your expertise." He steps aside for Dahlia to take a crack at the lock.

Paper Shadow wrote:Dahlia moves up to the door and starts tinkering away at the lock...

(Mechanics Check: 10 (Roll) + 8 (Skill) = 18)

As Dahlia starts to pick the lock a slot opens up at eye-level, revealing a pony's eyes,one milky white and the other jet black, "One more move and you'll find yourself getting bucked bucko." the black eye turns to look at Chirurgeon, "Now do you have any business at this fine establishment?" The pony says a unspoken threat evident in his voice.


 
Demonu wrote:
Crystalite wrote:Battery glared down at Professor Talker. "The notorious dragon is here," he growled, "Because an attempt on Mr. Talker's life was made over this letter," he said, towering over the professor menacingly. "Which I'm sure you had nothing to do with... Right?"

Checks:
Persuasion - intimidate the professor pony.

Result A: 1d20 [13] + Perception [10] = 23
'Easy there.' Smooth Talker advised him companion. 'We don't want to frighten the good professor.'

The professor meets The Battery's glare with a smile. "No, though it is good to hear that Mr Talker has a competent bodyguard. I will need to take some precautions of my own..." He finishes musing mostly to himself.  


Smooth Talker scratched his chin. 'Wait, are you saying that someone would go as far as to send a message along with a decoy message and then cypher said decoy message to distract from the actual message? Smooth Talker raised his shoulders. 'Sounds a bit much, don't you think?'

"You were clearly not around for the Swineswig-Holstein affair then,where if something wasn't a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma with a side of confusion then it wasn't important."

He saw the professor glancing at his pocket watch. 'I wouldn't want you to be late for your appointment so here's your letter.' He handed the piece of paper to the pony. 'We could always talk later in case something comes up.'

Sharp Talker takes the letter with a nod. "Yes, we should. I wish you a good rest of the day." The small pony then walks between The Battery and Smooth Talker and climbs into the waiting carriage.



Terrestial wrote:Chrome was quite surprised... less so on the package's contents than at the foal's presence. The stallion didn't have the slightest idea what it was doing there in the middle of the night. If it were on an adventureous, youthful stroll, unsupervised, then it was all the better that this little show frightened it into returning to safety... at least, than was what the earth pony thought before cringing at the thought that it may've been yet another member of this troublesome rogue family, left there on lookout for good measure by the insightful, cunning sister. He deemed that a possibility worth taking into account. From the safety of his shop, he ordered the automanton to fall on the ground. The mechanic proceeded to take out and put on his spare coat - again, hood included - and after waiting a moment, went out of the shop in the direction of his clockwork servant. He pulled it into his abode by one of the snow-washed far ends of its forelegs, careful not to touch any of the dust in the process. He hoped to make it look as though the pegasus mare tricked him into opening the box and was now withdrawing to a more private place... he didn't know how much sense had a ruse like this, but it was worth a shot. Better safe than sorry.

Once in the house, he hung a small "be back soon" card on the outside of the door, closed it, got the candles lighted and had the blinds go down, just as during the time with Chanteuse. He ordered the automaton in a hushed voice to get up and clean herself of the silver stuff, using the dust-free parts of the cloak upon it. It was doomed to a hard scrubbing at this point anyway. Afterwards, the coat was to be discarded nearby. Chrome relayed further instructions considering what was about to happen immediately afterwards then proceeded to get the rope again and re-surfaced the pegasus's little wooden prison. Before he had it opened though, using the mechanism responsible for movement of it, he rotated the whole thing round its axis in a rapid succession for a short while. If that mare had somehow undone all three kind of bonds she was treted with, she was in for more. The moment Chrome deemed a serious enough head spinning was afflicted upon the mare, he stopped the machine and pressed the controls responsible for its opening. The sight the trapped one beheld was not Chrome, but the automaton, which at this moment started carrying out the aforementioned instructions. It sprang to action, holding down the mare - if only to the best of its limited abilites - while Chrome opened the wooden box from the back, jumping in on the prisoner from the other side and attempting to gag and tie her up properly amidst the unfavorable condidtions he inflicted upon her.*

Spending second charge of Nimble Hooves:

Mechanics check: 18 + 5 + d20 (
13) = 36

While the Pegasus expected Chrome to open the box eventually evidently she did not expect it to happen so soon as she has made no attempt to undo her bonds nor does she attempt to resist the automaton which is met with only a look of confusion. Chrome's gag and additional bonds are successful though she is able to force herself to look at Crome. Even without the omnicalculator he is able to make a good guess what she is thinking just from her expression, "Just you wait you bastard..."[/quote]


Last edited by tygerburningbright on Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3141
Join date : 2012-07-19
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  AleneShazam on Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:19 am

"Is this not-" Chirurgeon lowers his voice "-Pony Ponyson's Opium Emporium? What business could I seek here, I wonder?"

Deciding that perhaps that was a tad too much attitude for his liking, Chirurgeon coughs, and continues, "I would be appreciative if you could direct me towards someone who could provide service of... that particular nature."
avatar
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1060
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  Terrestial on Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:45 am

The earth pony experienced a relative moment of relief after the knots have been tied. He knew he couldn't relax just yet though, for the mare had planned ahead. During this brief period, Chrome took a few glances towards the silver dust on the coat nearby, now basking in the light of his candles. He attempted recognizing that stuff, for he was interested just how did the mare wish to treat him. * It would come in handy knowing whether she wished to put him to sleep or poison him.

"Still keeping your cool? Admirable. It seems you did come better prepared than your sister, after all."

Knowing that more trouble's probably ahead, Chrome ordered the automaton to not only lock, but also bar both the front and the back door, each with a heavy wooden plank designated for it. Then, the clockwork servant was to stand watch by the visiers near the front door for the duration of those few minutes of its battery's usage while the mechanic was having his talk with the criminal. He knew there was trouble ahead, but he doubted it would come this way. The purpose in this task was more to watch out for potential customers, for the "be back soon" card was still there. Chrome didn't wish to lose his clients. Also, there was the matter of Chanteuse or anyone else connected with the black coats' organization possibly coming to resolve a meanigful matter. That was one visit Chrome difinitely didn't want to miss today.

"I'll have you excuse me for doing this, then."

Although the pegasus seemed harmless now, Chrome's heard about her Plan C and was worried about it. He knew not whether to expect more from the foal that ran away, from her directly or from something else enirely. Hence, it seemed viable to decrease the chances of at least one of these options. To accomplish that, Chrome searched the mare's mane, tail and wings, suspecting she may've hidden something there, given her treacherous approach. **

* Heal/History check: 5 + d20 (3) = 8

** Perception check: 8 + d20 (14) = 22
avatar
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 190
Join date : 2015-06-03
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  Chemistrychem on Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:24 am

'At least I'm not completely lost. This is more complicated than I thought'

Oirik was being deluded. He was completely lost even if his target was placed somewhere here. That was still a pretty big district! Furthermore, all deers looked the same!

'Oh dammit! I'm getting too old for those things!'
'Or maybe... How about asking someone... Or even better. '

Oirik knew that his ugly face could attract attention. He was white unicorn.
Oirik made up another 'clever' plan.
Find a costume store, dress up as a mailcolt, add some cool moustache, make a fake letter without adress and ask a local deer family about it.

'I'll just ask about Jau and show this the letter '
' Maybe somebody will remember it.'
avatar
Chemistrychem
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Gender : Male
Posts : 19
Join date : 2015-10-21
Age : 24
Location : Warsaw

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  Demonu on Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:36 pm

"You were clearly not around for the Swineswig-Holstein affair then,where if something wasn't a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma with a side of confusion then it wasn't important."
'Guess I need to brush up on my history lessons.' Smooth Talker chuckled as his mind painted him a mental picture of that sentence. 'It's been a pleasure meeting you, sir.' He continued as the professor bid both the Battery and him goodbye and crawled into the carriage.

'You got that earlier bit?' Smooth Talker asked the Battery in a hushed tone. 'The part where the professor thinks he needs to take precautions as well?' What do you think that meant?'
avatar
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 699
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 27
Location : Belgium

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  Crystalite on Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:50 pm

Battery glared as the professor left. "It means we need to watch out for him," he mumbles. "He's either an enemy, or an important lead... We need to find out which. C'mon, this way..."

Checks:
Does Battery know anyone nearby who could tell us more about Professor Talker?

Result: 1d20 [16] + Streetwise [10] = 26


Last edited by Crystalite on Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:10 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  tygerburningbright on Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:50 am

Chemistrychem wrote:'At least I'm not completely lost. This is more complicated than I thought'

Oirik was being deluded. He was completely lost even if his target was placed somewhere here. That was still a pretty big district! Furthermore, all deers looked the same!

'Oh dammit! I'm getting too old for those things!'
'Or maybe... How about asking someone... Or even better. '

Oirik knew that his ugly face could attract attention. He was white unicorn.
Oirik made up another 'clever' plan.
Find a costume store, dress up as a mailcolt, add some cool moustache, make a fake letter without address and ask a local deer family about it.

'I'll just ask about Jau and show this the letter '
' Maybe somebody will remember it.'
Oirik rummages through a series of alleyways looking for a decent disguise eventually he manages to procure a cheap sackcloth jacket that a mailcolt would wear, if they were just a colt. As for a mustache he stumbles upon a attachable party moustache that resembles a finely waxed real moustache… the combination makes him stand out like a minotaur at the society for vertically challenged ponies.
As for a deer household Oirik catches a lucky break, as he walks about he sees a teenaged doe walking into their house.



Crystalite wrote:Battery glared as the professor left. "It means we need to watch out for him," he mumbles. "He's either an enemy, or an important lead... We need to find out which."

Checks:
Does Battery know anyone nearby who could tell us more about Professor Talker?

Result: 1d20 [16] + Streetwise [10] = 26

One of the janitorial staff at the college is a former soldier who happens to owe Battery a favor. Finding him only takes a few minutes, and when you do the donkey immediately snaps to attention saying, “What can I do for you Mr. The Battery Sir?”



Terrestial wrote:The earth pony experienced a relative moment of relief after the knots have been tied. He knew he couldn't relax just yet though, for the mare had planned ahead. During this brief period, Chrome took a few glances towards the silver dust on the coat nearby, now basking in the light of his candles. He attempted recognizing that stuff, for he was interested just how did the mare wish to treat him. * It would come in handy knowing whether she wished to put him to sleep or poison him.

"Still keeping your cool? Admirable. It seems you did come better prepared than your sister, after all."

Knowing that more trouble's probably ahead, Chrome ordered the automaton to not only lock, but also bar both the front and the back door, each with a heavy wooden plank designated for it. Then, the clockwork servant was to stand watch by the visiers near the front door for the duration of those few minutes of its battery's usage while the mechanic was having his talk with the criminal. He knew there was trouble ahead, but he doubted it would come this way. The purpose in this task was more to watch out for potential customers, for the "be back soon" card was still there. Chrome didn't wish to lose his clients. Also, there was the matter of Chanteuse or anyone else connected with the black coats' organization possibly coming to resolve a meaningful matter. That was one visit Chrome definitely didn't want to miss today.

"I'll have you excuse me for doing this, then."

Although the Pegasus seemed harmless now, Chrome's heard about her Plan C and was worried about it. He knew not whether to expect more from the foal that ran away, from her directly or from something else entirely. Hence, it seemed viable to decrease the chances of at least one of these options. To accomplish that, Chrome searched the mare's mane, tail and wings, suspecting she may've hidden something there, given her treacherous approach. **

* Heal/History check: 5 + d20 (3) = 8

** Perception check: 8 + d20 (14) = 22


Chrome has no idea what the dust could be or do beyond that it would be a bad idea to breath it in.
The Pegasus’s eyes go wide as she hears Chrome’s announcement. Her gagged complaints begin as Chrome sweeps through her mane, she then redoubles her struggles with a shudder each time Chrome’s hooves touch her wings, and as he finishes looking through her tail she abruptly stops struggling and screaming.
All in all, Chrome manages to find only two concealed objects, a crystal that appears magical in nature hidden in her mane, and a slim switchblade attached to her tail.


AleneShazam wrote:"Is this not-" Chirurgeon lowers his voice "-Pony Ponyson's Opium Emporium? What business could I seek here, I wonder?"

Deciding that perhaps that was a tad too much attitude for his liking, Chirurgeon coughs, and continues, "I would be appreciative if you could direct me towards someone who could provide service of... that particular nature."
For a long moment one of the pony’s eyes focuses on Chirurgeon before they reply “Next time, knock.” The smaller door then swings open revealing the tough looking pony bouncer and beyond him a gigantic stone staircase which leads down underground. The bouncer then gestures down the steps “Right this way.”
avatar
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3141
Join date : 2012-07-19
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  Crystalite on Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:09 am

"Drop the 'sir' crap, for one," Battery says almost teasingly. "I work for a living, after all... I need to know about Professor Sharp Talker. What are his habits like? What sort of people does he have around? And, most of all, can you get me into his office?"
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  AleneShazam on Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:19 pm

Chirurgeon smiles, and with a nod, follows the bouncer down the steps. "It would seem that I have misjudged. Perhaps the polite way does work sometimes." He comments idly to Dahlia as he walks.
avatar
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1060
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  Paper Shadow on Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:24 pm

"I just don't believe in knocking on doors," replies Dahlia as he follows alongside the Chirurgeon...

_________________
Ellipses are kinda my thing...

Based Emotion Chart:
avatar
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Posts : 3672
Join date : 2012-11-23
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  AleneShazam on Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:39 pm

"Clearly the ponies here don't subscribe to your beliefs then." While walking, Chirurgeon covertly slips a vial of anti-opiate into a cloak pocket, just in case.
avatar
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1060
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum