Era Victoria IC

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  tygerburningbright on Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:59 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:"I'm surprised you don't grow your own," comments Dahlia, "I've heard you're a pretty good herbalist."

"I do what I can but more is always useful." A nostalgic look enters the dragon's eye just as he shuts it.

AleneShazam wrote:"Do take care!" He calls after the pegasus. After a few moments, Chirurgeon reclines backwards, faking another huff. Even with the blocker, there's a certain rush that comes with the consumption of narcotics. "Oh, to be young."

Looking around, Chirurgeon disregards both the named nobles, focusing on the mare and trying to size her up as discreetly as he can manage. There's an air of danger  about the mare that makes Chirurgeon's plumage crawl - and this talk of the Royal Dark Witch... Chirurgeon tries his best to remember what he can about that particular profession.

History - Royal Dark Witch: 13 + 14 = 27
Perception or Streetwise, whichever works better - The mare?: 16 + 10 = 26

Officially there is no Royal Dark Witch, unofficially she, always a she, is an adviser to the crown as well as their primary agent in many less than savory affairs. Tradition also sates that they sit upon the Board of Trustees for the Collegium of Dark Magic. Chirurgeon knows that the current Witch, Inverse Night, has been in the position for the past forty years and is rumored to be immensely powerful and prone to acting only upon her own whims.

Closer inspection of the Mare reveals that she has not moved a single muscle since he last looked her way. She appears to Chirurgeon, to be single mindedly keeping watch. This type of behavior is likely unnaturally induced.



Demonu wrote:
Something clicked in Smooth Talker's mind. 'Now Battery, old chap: I do believe that a would be assailant has us lined up in his sights. Now as I am not covered in hardened scale like the likes of you but am rather made up of entirely fleshy bits, I shall take my leave and jolly over to the nearest cover post-haste!' After which he made a mad dash to the university's door...

Smoorth Talker's sudden mad dash is enough to panic his would be assassin into making a poor shot. Nevertheless, he is met with a burning lance of pain in his right leg as a bolt slams into his calf. The momentum from the dash carries Smooth Talker though the door and into safety.

Crystalite wrote:Battery's eyes widened. He turned, facing down the sniper, and drew.

The Battery's weapon was... Unique, to say the least. There were once plenty like it, in his day - but even then, the dragon had made some choice modifications to it to squeeze more power out of it. There were few left, now. To a pony it would've been a small rifle - to him, it was large pistol. A long, thick barrel stood from a sturdy grip, and a variety of chambers and gauges attached held water, converted it to steam, and pressurized it. The steam was forced down the barrel behind a large metal ball, forcing it outward. Steamarms were common, but this much power in a weapon this size were not.

A loud crack sounded from the barrel as the Battery fired, kicking up dust as it impacted near the sniper. Not one of his best shots, but it did the job - he could see where the pony had wisely ducked for cover. He pulled back a small lever to reload it from a small hopper on top, keeping his eye trained on the spot as he braced to make his next move...

Checks:
Acrobatics to quickdraw. Perception to aim, and Mechanics to fire.

Result the First: 1d20 [19] + Acrobatics [9] = 28
Result the Second: 1d20 [15] + Perception [10] = 25
Result the Third: 1d20 [7] + Mechanics [9] = 16

In a single smooth motion The Battery draws his weapon, spots the shooter, and fires in retaliation. The shot flies straight into the bushes concealing the shooter and there is a brief clanging of metal striking metal but there is no cry of pain coming from the cover. In the moment it take to reload The Battery's sidearm the air becomes still and silent. The glint of the scope has not returned but the assassin shouldn't have been able to leave the bushes without making a noise...
avatar
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3141
Join date : 2012-07-19
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  Crystalite on Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:06 pm

Battery started running across the yard, his gun held at the ready to shoot back if need be...

Athletics:
Result: 1d20 [16] + Athletics [16] = 32
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  Paper Shadow on Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:13 pm

"Fair enough. I'll see you around if I change my mind, it's always pleasant meeting someone who actually cares about flora in this city." With that, Dahlia looks around for Chirurgeon and moves towards him...

_________________
Ellipses are kinda my thing...

Based Emotion Chart:
avatar
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Posts : 3658
Join date : 2012-11-23
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  AleneShazam on Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:40 pm

"Intriguing..." Chirurgeon muses, rubbing his beak thoughtfully. Glancing at Dahlia, he jerks his head in the mare's direction. "She's with the Dark Witch's son. Kept on watch unnaturally somehow. I'll just take a quick peek..."

Arcana: 13 + 15 = 28

"Well, I never." Chirurgeon hums to himself. "The same spell, from the same pony."

"Normally I'd be more cautious... but she's not a paying patient." Reaching out with plague magic, Chirurgeon attempts to disrupt the mental control.

Arcana: 11 + 15 (skill) + 10 (Dispel Magic) + 5 (FK: Magical Afflictions?) = 36/41
avatar
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1031
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  tygerburningbright on Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:16 pm

Crystalite wrote:Battery started running across the yard, his gun held at the ready to shoot back if need be...

Athletics:
Result: 1d20 [16] + Athletics [16] = 32
The Battery makes it across the open to the bushes in good time. As he nears the spot where the shooter originally was he notices, out of the corner of his right eye, a sudden movement in the bushes.

AleneShazam wrote:

"Normally I'd be more cautious... but she's not a paying patient." Reaching out with plague magic, Chirurgeon attempts to disrupt the mental control.

Arcana: 11 + 15 (skill) + 10 (Dispel Magic) + 5 (FK: Magical Afflictions?) = 36/41

Weather be it due to the spell being stronger, the distance dampening Chirurgeon's magic, or simply a lack of luck, Chirurgeon fails to dispell the mare's controls. Worse still he head slowly turns to look at Chirurgeon and as soon she locks eyes with him she begins to rush in his direction.
avatar
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3141
Join date : 2012-07-19
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  AleneShazam on Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:13 pm

"Intriguing..." It takes Chirurgeon a moment to realize that once again, his life is in danger. "I don't suppose we can discuss this over some brandy? No? Drat."

"Dahlia, is it just me or is that mare trying to kill me?!" Chirurgeon backs away, dropping the pipe and taking cover behind his more physically able associate.
avatar
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1031
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  Demonu on Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:18 pm

Smooth Talker's sudden mad dash is enough to panic his would be assassin into making a poor shot. Nevertheless, he is met with a burning lance of pain in his right leg as a bolt slams into his calf. The momentum from the dash carries Smooth Talker though the door and into safety.
Smooth Talker barreled through the door when a red hot pain stung his leg. The pain, combined with the momentum of his mad dash, caused him to stumbled and while he fell to the floor, time and space slowed to a crawl.
Is this how it all ends? He thought to himself. Is this how the great Smooth Talker meets his death? No wife to hold me, no child to carry on my name, alone and abandoned in an empty corridor. Just me, the cold, hard floor and an unknown assailant, shooting me down like a wild animal. Alas, Fate is but a cruel mistress. And as I close my eyes, I wonder: will I dre-

*SMACK*

The world didn't even deem to dignify his soliloguy as it reintroduced Smooth Talker with the harsh reality that was the ground. 'Son of a-!' Smooth Talker hissed as the pain in his calf flared up. He lifted his head, careful not to put more pressure on parts of his body that were hurting, and took a closer look through squinted eyes. There was his leg. And jutting out of it from a peculiar angle was a sharpened piece of metal stained with reddish liquid. 'That's my blood.' Smooth Talker remarked rather dull as the shock of it all hadn't settled in yet. The adrenaline of spotting the assailant and the dashing through the door was still running its course throughout his body, suppressing pain and panic. Smooth Talker looked up at the door, expecting whoever shot him to walk through the door to finish the job. The fact that no one did, suggested one of two things: either the assailant thinks he's already dead or, the more likely option he surmised, he is being distracted by what Smooth Talker hoped by now was a severely pissed off mountain of scales, teeth and fury. In any case, it bought him time to decide what to do.
Okay, I've read about this kind of thing. Smooth Talker reassured himself as his chest heaved with heavy breaths. As there is no immediate help available (where's a doctor when you need one?), the best thing to do is to leave the arrow or bolt in as it acts like a plug to keep the blood in. So far so good. He grimaced as he tried to shift some weight on his leg. It hurt like hell so anything other than tentatively shuffling was out of the question. Smooth Talker looked at his surroundings. This is a university: there has to be a first aid kit or a medical office here somewhere.

Steeling his resolve by sheer force of will, Smooth Talker lifted himself off the ground, taking great care not to put too much weight on his injured leg and using the wall for support, slowly started to make his way into the universities halls and corridors, looking for anything or anyone that could help him.
--------------------
You need a endurance and perception
Endurance roll: 14 (roll) + 8 (modifier) = 22
Perception roll: 19 (roll) + 15 (modifier) = 34 (so close to nat20)


Last edited by Demonu on Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 699
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 27
Location : Belgium

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  Paper Shadow on Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:55 pm

Dahlia, not exactly paying attention as he considers the offer he recently received, rolls his eyes as he turns to face Chirurgeon. "I don't know if you're all smoked up or if this is the reason you never leave your place, but I doubt anypony here is trying to kill you."

_________________
Ellipses are kinda my thing...

Based Emotion Chart:
avatar
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Posts : 3658
Join date : 2012-11-23
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  tygerburningbright on Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:34 pm

AleneShazam wrote:"Intriguing..." It takes Chirurgeon a moment to realize that once again, his life is in danger. "I don't suppose we can discuss this over some brandy? No? Drat."

"Dahlia, is it just me or is that mare trying to kill me?!" Chirurgeon backs away, dropping the pipe and taking cover behind his more physically able associate.

Paper Shadow wrote:Dahlia, not exactly paying attention as he considers the offer he recently received, rolls his eyes as he turns to face Chirurgeon. "I don't know if you're all smoked up or if this is the reason you never leave your place, but I doubt anypony here is trying to kill you."

The universe answers Dahlia's temptations, ignoring Chirurgeon's feeble attempt at negotiations, the mare leaps over Dahlia and lands directly upon Chirurgeon's back forcing him down while wrapping her hooves around his neck.

Demonu wrote:
Okay, I've read about this kind of thing. Smooth Talker reassured himself as his chest heaved with heavy breaths. As there is no immediate help available (where's a doctor when you need one?), the best thing to do is to leave the arrow or bolt in as it acts like a plug to keep the blood in. So far so good. He grimaced as he tried to shift some weight on his leg. It hurt like hell so anything other than tentatively shuffling was out of the question. Smooth Talker looked at his surroundings. This is a university: there has to be a first aid kit or a medical office here somewhere.

Steeling his resolve by sheer force of will, Smooth Talker lifted himself off the ground, taking great care not to put too much weight on his injured leg and using the wall for support, slowly started to make his way into the universities halls and corridors, looking for anything or anyone that could help him.
--------------------
You need a endurance and perception
Endurance roll: 14 (roll) + 8 (modifier) = 22
Perception roll: 19 (roll) + 15 (modifier) = 34 (so close to nat20)

Smooth Talker manages to work himself into a sort of limping shuffle dragging himself along the walls of the university. After deducing the most logical location for the officer of the university's nurse he makes quick time, but when he would have to pass along an intersection of two halls from the opposite side of the wall currently propping him up he hears a peculiar cry coming. "~Oh, yes Miss Nurse I've hurt myself so bad!~" He then rounds the corner and, after nearly falling over doing so, pulls open the door of the classroom revealing a pair of Mares, who as soon as the door opens go stock still and silently stare at Smooth Talker.
avatar
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3141
Join date : 2012-07-19
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  Paper Shadow on Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:57 pm

Dahlia snaps to attention. "H-Hey! Get off him!" He does a quick sidestep and rushes the mare with a very Battery-esque tackle...

(Athletics Check: Nat 20)

_________________
Ellipses are kinda my thing...

Based Emotion Chart:
avatar
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Posts : 3658
Join date : 2012-11-23
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  AleneShazam on Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:49 am

"Crazy pony! Crazy pony!" Chirurgeon grunts as he feels the constricting around his neck intensify. He doesn't really choke - hard to when your lungs are practically defunct - but at the same time his body is not nearly as tough as your average griffon, not to mention there being important apparatus around the neck. "Get... off!"

He struggles against her hold, but with a free claw, he reaches under his cloak, grabs a watered-down caustic mixture, and cracks the vial over the mare, unloading the acid onto her.

Used Acid Concoction.
Acid Concoction:
Acid Concoction – Affinity (1)
You can safely produce small vials of acid at will. Outside of combat, these globules are capable of dissolving an inch of a weak substance such as wood, rope or leather within a minute. On small objects of a stronger substance, such as an iron lock, the acid has the effect of the ability Weaken Substance a minute after application.
avatar
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1031
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  Demonu on Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:14 pm

Smooth Talker manages to work himself into a sort of limping shuffle dragging himself along the walls of the university. After deducing the most logical location for the officer of the university's nurse he makes quick time, but when he would have to pass along an intersection of two halls from the opposite side of the wall currently propping him up he hears a peculiar cry coming. "~Oh, yes Miss Nurse I've hurt myself so bad!~" He then rounds the corner and, after nearly falling over doing so, pulls open the door of the classroom revealing a pair of Mares, who as soon as the door opens go stock still and silently stare at Smooth Talker.
Smooth Talker just stares at the two mares, temporarily forgetting about the pain in his leg. It takes a moment or so for him to compose himself before he lumps in. 'Ladies.' He says with a curt nod as he scans the room for medical supplies. 'Don't mind me. I just need to bandage something and I'll be out of your manes.' Smooth Talker shuffled across the room, taking care not to bump into something. 'But if one of you were willing to help a poor minotaur out, the quicker you can return to your... extracurricular activities.' He added with a sly grin and a wink before hissing slightly from the throbbing pain in his lower calves.
avatar
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 699
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 27
Location : Belgium

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  Crystalite on Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:49 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:
Crystalite wrote:Battery started running across the yard, his gun held at the ready to shoot back if need be...

Athletics:
Result: 1d20 [16] + Athletics [16] = 32
The Battery makes it across the open to the bushes in good time. As he nears the spot where the shooter originally was he notices, out of the corner of his right eye, a sudden movement in the bushes.

Battery pounced on the noise, falling silently into the bush...

Checks:
Result 1: 1d20 [10] + Acrobatics [9] = 19
Result 2: 1d20 [11] + Stealth [9] = 20
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  tygerburningbright on Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:49 pm

AleneShazam wrote:"Crazy pony! Crazy pony!" Chirurgeon grunts as he feels the constricting around his neck intensify. He doesn't really choke - hard to when your lungs are practically defunct - but at the same time his body is not nearly as tough as your average griffon, not to mention there being important apparatus around the neck. "Get... off!"

He struggles against her hold, but with a free claw, he reaches under his cloak, grabs a watered-down caustic mixture, and cracks the vial over the mare, unloading the acid onto her.

Used Acid Concoction.
Acid Concoction:
Acid Concoction – Affinity (1)
You can safely produce small vials of acid at will. Outside of combat, these globules are capable of dissolving an inch of a weak substance such as wood, rope or leather within a minute. On small objects of a stronger substance, such as an iron lock, the acid has the effect of the ability Weaken Substance a minute after application.

Paper Shadow wrote:Dahlia snaps to attention. "H-Hey! Get off him!" He does a quick sidestep and rushes the mare with a very Battery-esque tackle...

(Athletics Check: Nat 20)

The acid burns at the mare's face causing her to recoil enough so that when Dahlia tackles her she goes sprawling to the floor immediately entering unconsciousness. The rest of the den goes silent at the sudden outburst of violence, and through the silence both Dahlia and Chirurgeon can hear the sudden slamming of a heavy door and the thudding of an impromptu barricade being pushed into place.



[quote="Crystalite"]
tygerburningbright wrote:
Battery pounced on the noise, falling silently into the bush...

Checks:
Result 1: 1d20 [10] + Acrobatics [9] = 19
Result 2: 1d20 [11] + Stealth [9] = 20
The Battery leaps into the bush... and lands right in front of the would be assassin. The Pony raises his crossbow right to The Battery's temple and smirks, but he pauses for an instant as he begins to say a smarmy one liner...



Demonu wrote:
Smooth Talker just stares at the two mares, temporarily forgetting about the pain in his leg. It takes a moment or so for him to compose himself before he lumps in. 'Ladies.' He says with a curt nod as he scans the room for medical supplies. 'Don't mind me. I just need to bandage something and I'll be out of your manes.' Smooth Talker shuffled across the room, taking care not to bump into something. 'But if one of you were willing to help a poor minotaur out, the quicker you can return to your... extracurricular activities.' He added with a sly grin and a wink before hissing slightly from the throbbing pain in his lower calves.

The hiss of pain is enough to break one of the mares out of her daze. She rushes over to Smooth Talker, gently leads him over to a table, and helps him lie down upon it.

"I'm a nurse, just wait here for a moment while I get my bag."

After a few awkward moments of silence with the other sill stunned mare, the nurse returns with her supplies. From her bag she passes Smooth Talker a rather large bottle of alcohol.

"You might want that to dull the pain." she says as she readies an array of tools.
avatar
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3141
Join date : 2012-07-19
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  Crystalite on Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:06 am

Battery snarled, a quick flick of his claw sending the crossbow flying while the brass fingers reached for the would-be killer's neck...

Checks:
Swatting the crossbow: 1d20 [17] + Athletics [16] = 33
Holding him down: 1d20 [8] + Athletics [16] = 24
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  AleneShazam on Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:20 am

"For the record, she was trying to strangle me." Chirurgeon says calmly, as he immediately sets to work neutralising the acid and quickly hitting her with a dose of antibiotics so her wounds don't get infected. "It's self defence... has anyone seen my pipe?"

(Take 10 on heal = 30)
avatar
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1031
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  Paper Shadow on Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:45 pm

"Pipe? Forget your pipe!" responds Dahlia, "Some pony just tried to kill you and I bet the ponies behind it just barricaded themselves in that room!" He points with his fake leg towards where the sounds were coming from and makes his way over there to see if he can peak through a keyhole or something...

_________________
Ellipses are kinda my thing...

Based Emotion Chart:
avatar
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Posts : 3658
Join date : 2012-11-23
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  AleneShazam on Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:38 am

"Hardly the first time," Chirurgeon says, rubbing his neck. "Though I suppose you have a point."

He takes a stiff bow at the dragon, if he too is watching the duo, straightening up and dusting off his robes afterwards. "Pardon the disturbance, it was not our intention to be publicly assaulted and with any luck that will be the last of that."

"However, it is concerning that a mare of such violent temperament has infiltrated this fine establishment. My understanding is that she is the companion of the occupant of that room - would it be too bold for me to ask for any assistance at all in getting to the bottom of this?"
avatar
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1031
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  Demonu on Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:07 am

tygerburningbright wrote:

Demonu wrote:
Smooth Talker just stares at the two mares, temporarily forgetting about the pain in his leg. It takes a moment or so for him to compose himself before he lumps in. 'Ladies.' He says with a curt nod as he scans the room for medical supplies. 'Don't mind me. I just need to bandage something and I'll be out of your manes.' Smooth Talker shuffled across the room, taking care not to bump into something. 'But if one of you were willing to help a poor minotaur out, the quicker you can return to your... extracurricular activities.' He added with a sly grin and a wink before hissing slightly from the throbbing pain in his lower calves.

The hiss of pain is enough to break one of the mares out of her daze. She rushes over to Smooth Talker, gently leads him over to a table, and helps him lie down upon it.

"I'm a nurse, just wait here for a moment while I get my bag."

After a few awkward moments of silence with the other sill stunned mare, the nurse returns with her supplies. From her bag she passes Smooth Talker a rather large bottle of alcohol.

"You might want that to dull the pain." she says as she readies an array of tools.
Smooth Talker looked at the bottle. It clearly wasn't the refined wine that the upperclass so enjoyed pouring down their throats or a bottle of the more exotic stuff he kept at home but considering the circumstances, he couldn't really complain. 'Doctor's orders.' He quipped before taking a rather big swig. The burning sensation of the alcohol dripping down into his stomach at least gave him something different to feel other than pain. He laid one leg flat on the table with his wounded one bent at the knee, lest the bolt in it would scrape against the table. He took another gulp as he looked from the silent mare to the nurse pony. 'Really appreciate that you're taking the time to do this.' Smooth Talker tried to break the ice with the nurse pony. 'I would have gone to my doctor but you know doctors: no appointment, no visit.' He hissed again as another jolt of pain rushed through his leg. Smooth Talker put the bottle to his lips once more as he addressed the other mare in the room. 'I talk and make jokes. Takes my mind off the pain.' He offered her the bottle. 'Want some?'
avatar
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 699
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 27
Location : Belgium

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  tygerburningbright on Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:15 am

AleneShazam wrote:"Hardly the first time," Chirurgeon says, rubbing his neck. "Though I suppose you have a point."

He takes a stiff bow at the dragon, if he too is watching the duo, straightening up and dusting off his robes afterwards. "Pardon the disturbance, it was not our intention to be publicly assaulted and with any luck that will be the last of that."

"However, it is concerning that a mare of such violent temperament has infiltrated this fine establishment. My understanding is that she is the companion of the occupant of that room - would it be too bold for me to ask for any assistance at all in getting to the bottom of this?"

A small could of smoke puffs out of the dragon's nose as he answers, "Who am I to stop a gentlebird from defending himself?" The dragon pauses as he cracks open an eye, "If you cause any damage, you pay for it."

Paper Shadow wrote:"Pipe? Forget your pipe!" responds Dahlia, "Some pony just tried to kill you and I bet the ponies behind it just barricaded themselves in that room!" He points with his fake leg towards where the sounds were coming from and makes his way over there to see if he can peak through a keyhole or something...

Looking though the keyhole Dahlia sees a wooden panel, likely the headboard of a bed. The crack under the door proves to be likewise obscured, showing the barest glimpse of a cloth sheet.  



Crystalite wrote:Battery snarled, a quick flick of his claw sending the crossbow flying while the brass fingers reached for the would-be killer's neck...

Checks:
Swatting the crossbow: 1d20 [17] + Athletics [16] = 33
Holding him down: 1d20 [8] + Athletics [16] = 24

The pony ducks underneath The Battery's grab, and strikes horn first into his stomach pushing him and winding him. In the moment it takes The Battery to collect himself the assassin kicks a wave of snow and dirt at his face.

Demonu wrote:
Smooth Talker looked at the bottle. It clearly wasn't the refined wine that the upperclass so enjoyed pouring down their throats or a bottle of the more exotic stuff he kept at home but considering the circumstances, he couldn't really complain. 'Doctor's orders.' He quipped before taking a rather big swig. The burning sensation of the alcohol dripping down into his stomach at least gave him something different to feel other than pain. He laid one leg flat on the table with his wounded one bent at the knee, lest the bolt in it would scrape against the table. He took another gulp as he looked from the silent mare to the nurse pony. 'Really appreciate that you're taking the time to do this.' Smooth Talker tried to break the ice with the nurse pony. 'I would have gone to my doctor but you know doctors: no appointment, no visit.' He hissed again as another jolt of pain rushed through his leg. Smooth Talker put the bottle to his lips once more as he addressed the other mare in the room. 'I talk and make jokes. Takes my mind off the pain.' He offered her the bottle. 'Want some?'

The nurse tensely chuckles at Smooth Talker's joke, as she begins to cut though the shaft of the bolt. Each and every motion of the bolt sends another, slightly dulled, lance of pain up Talker's leg. The silent mare takes a draft of the alcohol and shuts her eyes before passing back the bottle, just in time for the nurse to acquire a grip on the bolt's head, sticking out of Talker's calf. In a single motion the bolt is removed that single instant is perhaps the most painful since the moment the bolt hit.  Blood begins to pour from the newly formed hole quickly pooling on top of the table. The nurse liberally pours a clear liquid onto the wound where it bubbles and burns, before applying a tight gaze wrap around Smooth Talker's leg.

"That... could have been worse." The nurse mutters, "Try to avoid putting any pressure on it for the next couple of days."  





Elsewhere in the district, along the mouth of a usually deserted alleyway a Thestral is setting up her operation when a lean and wiry Griffon in a bright yellow cloak walks up to her. " Why hello there, I take it you're new to the city? Well you should know, this is part of the territory of The Lion's Den. But its not every day that you see a Thestral so I think they might be interested in recruiting you." He finishes flashing a smile.
avatar
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3141
Join date : 2012-07-19
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  Masterweaver on Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:05 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:Elsewhere in the district, along the mouth of a usually deserted alleyway a Thestral is setting up her operation when a lean and wiry Griffon in a bright yellow cloak walks up to her. " Why hello there, I take it you're new to the city? Well you should know, this is part of the territory of The Lion's Den. But its not every day that you see a Thestral so I think they might be interested in recruiting you." He finishes flashing a smile.

The bat-winged pony smiles back, idly setting a bag on the corner of her street-side box as she sizes the griffon up. "Ya sure know haw a make a mare feel welcome, boyo." She flicks out a small scattering of (probably) genuine jewelry. "Can't be sayin' yes er no yet, o' course, gotta get me own feel on the flow o' the city. But if ya want, I'll let ya take one item free for your denpals. Just a lil' welcomin' gift, from a gal to a pal." She gestures toward his cloak. "Yella's got good on ya, let's talk yella. Now this here, this is a jenyawine Pieclan-forged band, perfect gold, perfect size fer ya fores. Normally I'd be callin' twenty bits on this beauty, but like I said, gal to a pal, ya know?"

Mechanical details:
Streetwise to figure out how important this idiot is in town: 1D20+11+5 for Freaky Knowledge (Criminal Underworld) => (13 + 11 + 5) = 29

Persuasion to get him to take the peace offering: 1D20+13 => (6 + 13) = 19

Using Soft Focus (Found It!) to locate hidden weapons on this jacker: It's an at will ability.
avatar
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Posts : 517
Join date : 2012-07-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  Paper Shadow on Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:32 am

Dahlia was sizing up the situation when he overhears Ponyson. He calls out to Chirurgeon with "I don't do 'not causing damage', so if you have got an idea on how to take down this barricade I'm listening."

_________________
Ellipses are kinda my thing...

Based Emotion Chart:
avatar
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Posts : 3658
Join date : 2012-11-23
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  AleneShazam on Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:08 pm

"I'm a doctor." Chirurgeon says, sizing up the door. "What am I expected to do against a door?"

"I'm willing to pay for reparations if you have the means to break through. I do have a secure source of income."
avatar
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1031
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  Paper Shadow on Thu May 12, 2016 5:10 pm

"Alright; one door coming down." Dahlia pulls out a rugged, coarse leaf out of his container and begins rubbing it on the doors. After rubbing the door for a while he stands back, waits about a few seconds more, and then firmly bumps into the door with his shoulder...

(Weaken Substance (4/5 Uses Remaining))

_________________
Ellipses are kinda my thing...

Based Emotion Chart:
avatar
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Posts : 3658
Join date : 2012-11-23
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Era Victoria IC

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum