FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  AleneShazam on Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:30 pm

It's noon on Daedalus-2, a mining settlement on the fringes of Principality-Gryphon border.  The sun beats down on the population, but as descendants of the rough-and-tumble mining folk that first colonized the planet generations ago, few bat an eye at the harsh sun. There are those, however, who are visitors to the planet. These may turn their heads from the glare as they soldier on, or simply keep to the cool shade, moving from under balconies to hiding under the occasional tree on the street. As a frontier town, it has maintained a fairly rustic look to it, if only in the residential area. The industrial sector looks, as expected, like a sector of factories, grey and imposing but nonetheless important to the colony's growth.



Away from the crowds, a tall, wiry drake makes his way though a darkened alleyway. His contact gave him an address, on this backwater planet, to do a quick transaction. A shipment of rare weapons and an experimental warhead, for several thousand creds. Sounds like a good deal. Eventually, he stops in front of a rusted down door. He checks the address again. This should be the place, if his contacts in the guild are accurate.



Atop a small hill, overlooking the industrial district of Daedalus-2, an earth pony mare waits eagerly for a guest. Bearing a harness from which two mechanical arms extend from her shoulders, Golden Gears checks a wrist watch on one of the arms, the guest being a zebra tech priest whom she contacted a week prior, whose teleporting technology she is quite interested in observing in action. She is, not to brag, a bit of a local celebrity, and if her invitation wasn't turned down, her guest should arrive shortly. She prides herself on the accuracy of her mechanisms, even her clocks, which are notoriously hard to synch up between colonies.



An ACHE moves quickly from bed to bed, supplying the life-support machines with the correct drugs to maintain the patient's health. A minor disease outbreak on the settlement occurred, and the local hospital requested aid from the thankfully close-by Panacea. A few experts were dropped down to assist, including the ACHE. A doctor calls out for help in a neighboring ward, and the ACHE moves to assist. The disease had turned out to be a bit more virulent, though not more lethal, than they had expected, and it was determined that the patients should be treated locally rather than transferring them to a more advanced hospital ship. It did mean that the ACHE's particular talents were more useful in replacing specialized equipment, however.



In a board room, a minotaur wearing official Adjutant Corps uniform stands at attention as a deal between two companies go through. The center of the room is dominated by an artifact brought up by preliminary digging, and one side of the deal, an archeological society, want the rights to the site. The mining company present, however, insist they need the precious minerals in the area. Tensions build, as the representatives from both sides appear to lose their temper. The shouting begins, and the minotaur senses the need for a calming presence in the discussion.



A presentable unicorn with an opportunistic gleam in his eyes, steps off the grated floor of the star port. He takes a moment to admire his surroundings, before setting off, giving only a short glance to the trading vessel behind him. In it was a hold full of valuable cargo he could pass off to the local trading guild and make a killing for it. First stop: head of the trader's guild, his contact for this deal. How to find them, though…



There is a great rumbling in the streets of downtown Daedalus-2. Fortunately, the roads are quiet this particular day, and no pony notices the filly quite literally appearing out of nowhere. Space ripples, and she drops onto the sandy ground below, surrounded by metal structures to a scale she has never seen before, with devices, parked vehicles, and other machines made from technology she could barely fathom. Disoriented and confused, she takes a moment to regain her bearings.
avatar
AleneShazam
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 988
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Faege on Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:08 pm

Borealis coughs, stepping closer to the long meeting table. "Let us not have this discussion grow... heated, gentlemen." He taps his hardlight bracers meaningfully, but tries his best to feign idleness. "Lest it spirals out of control. None of us would want that now, would we?"


(14) + 6 = 20 Persuasion to regain control of the room's atmosphere.

Faege
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Posts : 189
Join date : 2015-06-29
Location : Going down in China Town

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Espresso on Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:43 pm

Third Degree Burn knocks thrice on the door. Slow and deliberate, to show he's all business.

"I have the package." Gathering up his best disarming smile, he waits for a response.
avatar
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 279
Join date : 2015-11-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  AleneShazam on Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:56 pm

Faege wrote:Borealis coughs, stepping closer to the long meeting table. "Let us not have this discussion grow... heated, gentlemen." He taps his hardlight bracers meaningfully, but tries his best to feign idleness. "Lest it spirals out of control. None of us would want that now, would we?"


(14) + 6 = 20 Persuasion to regain control of the room's atmosphere.
The Collected Mining representative stiffens, but begrudgingly sits back down. The griffon representing the archeologist's society likewise calms down, though he still wears a scowl on his face. The griffon starts again, "Look, this is an opportunity of a lifetime. That there, that's some kind of energy capturing device. If there were more, if we could unearth a cache, this could revolutionize our knowledge of Archetype energy structures."
The CM rep, a burly earth pony, growls, "The CM corporation has full rights over the area, no matter what the trading alliance says. Our boys dug that up, and we will excavate the arcanite in the mines. This is a lucrative opportunity that we cannot miss out on..."
The conversation drifts off to more business-like topics, and Borealis senses his job has been done. Soon after, however, one of his grunts comes up to him. "Sir, there's a small group of ponies loitering outside. They've been there for a good part of the morning now, we think they may be trying something..."

Espresso wrote:Third Degree Burn knocks thrice on the door. Slow and deliberate, to show he's all business.

"I have the package." Gathering up his best disarming smile, he waits for a response.
The door creaks open, and a shady looking unicorn mare steps out of the gloom of the building interior. She eyes Degree carefully, and once she verifies his identity, beckons with a hoof. "...Come in."
She leads the dragon to a desk, where there's a suitcase sitting on the tabletop. "Alright. If you're the one the Alliance sent, this gotta be good. Let's see what you got."
avatar
AleneShazam
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 988
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Espresso on Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:08 am

Degree smiles dazzlingly, a slight lick of flame lighting up his pearly whites.

"I'm glad you asked, because this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to procure rare minotaur-made plasma firearms. See, word on the street is that things aren't going as harmoniously as the Concord would admit round these parts."

"You know that there are bad tidings ahead, and by the Celestial Princess' wavy mane, you'd better be prepared for it. I can get you the stuff you need - a shipment of brand new Series 5 Plasma Lances, straight off the prototype lines. You get your hooves on this, you and whoever you sell to will be able to blow a scouting ship out of the skies. And to sweeten the deal... specs for an experimental warhead, literally one of a kind. All of this could be yours; only for, say... five thousand creds."

He pulls a sheet of paper with the specifications of his cargo, sliding it across the table. He steeples his fingers and smiles again, waiting for a response.


Persuasion: 17 + 10 = 27
avatar
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 279
Join date : 2015-11-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Senshuken on Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:24 am

About five minutes before the designated appointment time a pony looking figure wearing a red hooded robe with some golden trimming along the edges of the hood arrived at the bottom of the hill. The climb up the hill didn't actually take Belgond all that long; his hooves had been designed so that he could climb walls and even walk along a ceiling completely upside-down, the hill before him poised little trouble. Arriving at the top, Belgond removed his hood so that he could meet the gaze of the cute mare that had invited him out to demonstrate his teleporting technology; Belgond couldn't help but find his gaze being drawn towards the mechanical arms that were on Golden's back and how they complimented her natural beauty...

He was quite clearly a zebra, though his left eye and both of his ears seemed to have been replaced by machinery in order to upgrade himself. Offering Golden Gears a warm smile, Belgond offered her a respectful bow of his head and raised a quite clearly mechanical leg in order to shake her hoof in greeting. "Ms Golden Gears I assume? It's a pleasure to meet you in pony at last. Forgive me if I am late, I had to go over my prototype one last time in order to make sure that it was in complete working order before I tried showing it off to you."

avatar
Senshuken
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 393
Join date : 2013-08-08
Age : 25
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  AleneShazam on Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:11 am

Senshuken wrote:"Ms Golden Gears I assume? It's a pleasure to meet you in pony at last. Forgive me if I am late, I had to go over my prototype one last time in order to make sure that it was in complete working order before I tried showing it off to you."
"Oh no, the pleasure is mine." Golden Gears curtsies, her mechanical arms whirring faintly as they reach out to give the leg a firm shake. "I've always held much respect for your kind; I can't imagine how difficult it must be to create wholly original technology without reverse engineering Archetype machinery. When I heard a tech-priest was in the sector, I knew I had to invite them over for a demonstration. Please, right this way. Can I get you anything to drink? Tea, perhaps?"
She leads the zebra into her workshop. The entrance alone features a good number of intricate prosthetics and extra limb harnesses; those seem to be her specialty. Further in, other types of machines such as half-assembled motors and servos litter the worktables. She sighs at the state of things in her shop, and her arms move to clear the clutter away.

Espresso wrote:" All of this could be yours; only for, say... five thousand creds."
Persuasion: 17 + 10 = 27
The mare hmms, tapping her hoof on the table. "...Three thousand creds, tops. I'd expect a light corvette frame for five thousand creds. Nice try, Third Degree, but I've been warned about your silver tongue."


Last edited by AleneShazam on Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
AleneShazam
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 988
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Senshuken on Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:17 pm

I've always held much respect for your kind; I can't imagine how difficult it must be to create wholly original technology without reverse engineering Archetype machinery. When I heard a tech-priest was in the sector, I knew I had to invite them over for a demonstration. Please, right this way. Can I get you anything to drink? Tea, perhaps?"

Belgond politely shook his head as he followed Ms Gears, taking a moment to admire her workshop and her hoofwork (With the occasional glance to check her out, hopefully without her noticing). "Thank you for the offer Ms Gears, but maybe afterwards?" Taking something of a deep breath the zebra lifted up his left front hoof, a slight clicking noise the only external of his mental commands to the limb; The base of the hoof and slid away, reveling what appeared to be an injector of some kind. " If you want a full demonstration of the technology, I need to inject you with one of the client implants. Would you be alright with that?

Dice Rolls:

Stealth Roll: Don't be caught checking the mare out.
Roll(1d20)+12:
9,+12
Total:21

avatar
Senshuken
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 393
Join date : 2013-08-08
Age : 25
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Faege on Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:17 pm

"Aurius, hold the fort. I'll talk to these ponies." The grunt salutes, and Borealis excuses himself from the room, activating his hardlight blades just as a safety precaution as he moves to confront the ponies outside the meeting hall. Before he makes himself known, however, he takes a moment to observe the ponies, just to be sure of what he's dealing with. If they were just bored teenagers, Borealis should count his blessings.

Perception: (13)+6 = 19



Faege
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Posts : 189
Join date : 2015-06-29
Location : Going down in China Town

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  AleneShazam on Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:07 pm

Faege wrote:Perception: (13)+6 = 19
Something about the small group of ponies feels... off. Borealis can't quite place a finger on it, and other than the uneasy feeling the group isn't all that odd. One of the ponies, who looks in charge, is an angry looking pegasus stallion. Borealis can just barely hear him say "...the artifact will attract their attention, we have to get it out now..."
avatar
AleneShazam
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 988
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  AleneShazam on Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:07 pm

Senshuken wrote:If you want a full demonstration of the technology, I need to inject you with one of the client implants. Would you be alright with that?
Gears glances shortly at her harness and says, "I've added enough implants and receptacles onto my body that one more shouldn't hurt."
She shrugs off the harness carefully, revealing two disk like structures on the area of her shoulder blades, as well as a metallic ridge stretching down the small of her back, interweaved with thin cables. Belgond, with his knowledge of technology, easily recognizes a variable magnetic implant used to control external limbs. She brushes a hoof tenderly over a disk, before holding a hoof out to Belgond. "Would this area be suitable?"

avatar
AleneShazam
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 988
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Terrestial on Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:09 pm

The time's come to prove one's skill again. The silence, accompanying the leafing through the cyber-tomes, containing data about the operational area, did little justice to present the emotions of the pony who undertook it. It was as though the unicorn was the ship itself, its interior a bright, warm lantern, yet crusing through the silent, cold void of the room he was given to use as seen fit. This contemplative, almost meditative state of acquiring and stcokpiling information, which might come in handy during the trading negotiations to come, was more than just part of his job. As one of the few elements balancing out the unicorn's regular behaviour, they played a key part in keeping together the mental clarity, obligatory in his job. Nonetheless, Missive Emblem welcomed with joy the news of reaching the surface and proceeded to make his way to the landing zone, taking in the sight with apparent interest.

Starports have long held significant meaning for the members of the trading alliance. They were hearts of the corresponding sectors, through which all of the nutritious blood was being pumped. This particular one seemed to be in good shape. With the way it was maintained as well as the amount of hustle and bustle going on, it carried the scent of promise. Now, it was time to find the designated meeting location. It was more than probable that a facility like a starport would have some sort of an information centre, to aid the ones seeking to navigate out of this place. However, both looking for it and staying in line like a regular passer-by, sounded hardly appealing to a businesspony like Emblem, who's learned to value his time. He believed it was within his range of ability to discern the social archetypes roaming this multicultural place and single out from the vast crowd of variable interest, one creature, looking potentially capable of providing him aid in this regard. If he were to locate one maatchig the aforementioned specificaition, he'd be approaching said being with a suitably gentle disposition, inquiring:

"Excuse me, sir/madam. It looks as though you're familiar with this place. Mind helping out a newcomer with pointing out the direction to the traders' guild?"

Streetwise check: 23 + d20 (8) = 31
avatar
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 190
Join date : 2015-06-03
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Crystalite on Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:56 pm

"AAAAAAAHHHHH-*gasp*"

Copperette ceased screaming as she realized she was no longer falling. She looked around. She didn't know where she was, but it wasn't Ponyville. It wasn't Ponyville at all. It was at that moment she knew: she had, well and truly, bucked things up.

She did not gaze in awe at the scale of the buildings around her. She did not gaze in wonder at the mysterious machinery around her. She did not gaze in curiosity at the blend of ponies here and there, ignorant of her plight. A calm Copperette might have done these things. But Copperette was far from calm at that moment.

So she decided, instead, to do the Ponyville thing, and scream some more. This time with running, instead of falling, but still.

"AAAAAAAHHHHH!!!" she screamed, running down the street randomly. Perhaps someone would notice her and assist her...
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  GreyVestibule on Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:18 pm

While it was inconvenient to have to continue treating the patients without the conveniences of a more advanced hospital, Seva accepted the decision to keep the patients where they were, and use what was at hand. The ACHE's eyes rescanned across the ward, looking not only at the patients in their beds, but also at some of the equipment that was nearby. They turned to the doctor who had called them and spoke in their two-toned voice.

""Please stand by while we calculate a new treatment vector.""

Seva's eyes seemed to go distant for a moment as they tried to think of what would work best to treat the patients and at least slow, if not stop the rate of infection.



Heal Check: 1D20+17 => 24
avatar
GreyVestibule
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Posts : 173
Join date : 2014-11-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  AleneShazam on Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:03 am

Terrestial wrote:"Excuse me, sir/madam. It looks as though you're familiar with this place. Mind helping out a newcomer with pointing out the direction to the traders' guild?"

Streetwise check: 23 + d20 (8) = 31
By sizing up his target, Emblem can easily identify a pony with the tell-tale signs of a trader, who he's certain has the information he needs. "Hmm? Oh, you're looking for the Bit? Right, just take the first left down Exit 5 and cross the street. It's the circular building, you can't miss it. There's a meeting going on, though. You might have to wait a while." He points at the exit, tips his hat at Emblem, and walks off towards a ship.
avatar
AleneShazam
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 988
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Senshuken on Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:40 am

"Would this area be suitable?"

The area was more then acceptable for Belgond's purposes. Nodding his head, he calmly said "That's perfect. If you'll just hold still for a moment..." Reaching forwards, he pressed his hoof against her body. One small pinch later and the hoof was removed, the implant implanted and already starting to gather and send tactical data about Golden Gears and her current state of being back to Belgond. After waiting a couple of seconds to double check the data and ensure that everything was working as it should have been, he smiled and turned his gaze back to Ms Gears properly. "It seems to be working wonderfully. Now then, let's see..." Looking around the room for a moment in order to judge the size, he decided to do with a simple but solid demonstration rather then anything to fancy. "If I could have your attention for just a moment you'll see-"

The sentence was cut off as Belgond was suddenly consumed in a flash of white light was just short of blinding. One second he had been standing there, the next he was gone... only for his voice to continue talking from the direction of the doorway "- me demonstrate the prototype of what will hopefully be a long line of teleporters designed to be carried and operated by personal in the field under combat conditions." Rolling his shoulders a little as he readjusted himself after being teleported, the zebra seemed perfectly fine. Smiling brightly as he walked back over to join Ms Gears, he said plainly "I'll show off a bit more of what it can do after it's had the chance to cool a little. Overheating is currently the bane of my existence but I'm working on some possible solutions to the problem. What do you think?" His smile actually grew a little more shy... anxious even as he spoke those last words, worried about what her opinion of his work was.

Abilities used:
Flash Teleport: 1 of 2.
avatar
Senshuken
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 393
Join date : 2013-08-08
Age : 25
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  AleneShazam on Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:07 am

GreyVestibule wrote:
""Please stand by while we calculate a new treatment vector.""

Seva's eyes seemed to go distant for a moment as they tried to think of what would work best to treat the patients and at least slow, if not stop the rate of infection.



Heal Check: 1D20+17 => 24

Lacking a proper microbial analysis station, the hospital has been hard-pressed to develop an effective cure. With the last of the critical patients secured, Seva finally has the opportunity to attempt to analyze the samples they had obtained from the patients. Taking the samples into their nanomachine biology, the bacteria is broken down and scanned for weaknesses and potential cures. Eventually Seva determines that, to alleviate the fever plaguing the patients, room temperature would have to be lowered to slow the bacterial infection down that the immune system of the ponies, combined with strong enough antibiotics, should be enough to eliminate the infection.

Crystalite wrote:
"AAAAAAAHHHHH!!!" she screamed, running down the street randomly. Perhaps someone would notice her and assist her...
"Y'know, if ya held still for a moment it would probably help with the screaming." A frail voice sounds from somewhere in an alleyway, and Copperette finds herself wrapped in a magical grip for a moment, stopping her mad dash. "'Sides, ain't nothing some calm talking can't do that panicked running can."

A wrinkled old diamond dog hobbles out of the alleyway, leaning heavily on a length of metal pipe. "This must be my lucky day. I'd reckon a filly dropping out of the sky ain't a common occurrence."

Senshuken wrote: "I'll show off a bit more of what it can do after it's had the chance to cool a little. Overheating is currently the bane of my existence but I'm working on some possible solutions to the problem. What do you think?" His smile actually grew a little more shy... anxious even as he spoke those last words, worried about what her opinion of his work was.
Golden Gears' mouth parts slightly as she looks from where Belgond was, to where he reappeared. "Would you look at that... Personal teleportation by mechanical means. What was once a unicorn's domain could be open to anyone. A whole new era of personal transportation, right at your hoof tips."

She breathes, running a hoof through her mane. "I'd heard that tech-priests could work miracles with machines, but this is... absolutely incredible."
avatar
AleneShazam
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 988
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Crystalite on Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:30 am

Copperette stared in awe and horror, Diamond Dogs being outside her experience. "Let me go! I just want to go back to Ponyville!" she squeaked out, struggling in the magical grasp.
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Espresso on Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:27 pm

Degree shakes his head, tapping his claws on the table, "Four thousand, and you get secure shipping for the next two month."
Persuasion (19!)+10 = 29
avatar
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 279
Join date : 2015-11-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  AleneShazam on Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:23 pm

Crystalite wrote:Copperette stared in awe and horror, Diamond Dogs being outside her experience. "Let me go! I just want to go back to Ponyville!" she squeaked out, struggling in the magical grasp.
"No can do, kiddo. Not with the way you be hollering," the diamond dog, whose scratchy voice sounds distinctly female, sits down a safe distance away from the filly, "you'll be drawing the wrong kinda attention round these parts of Daedalus. Now if ya keep your voice down and maybe slow down those hooves a little, I'll consider letting ya go."

Espresso wrote:Degree shakes his head, tapping his claws on the table, "Four thousand, and you get secure shipping for the next two month."
Persuasion (19!)+10 = 29
"You drive a hard bargain, drake. Fine, you have a deal." The mare reluctantly bows her head, moving away from the table. "I have the payment in the backroom... and the delivery you were promised as well."
avatar
AleneShazam
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 988
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Senshuken on Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:37 pm

Shazam wrote:Golden Gears' mouth parts slightly as she looks from where Belgond was, to where he reappeared. "Would you look at that... Personal teleportation by mechanical means. What was once a unicorn's domain could be open to anyone. A whole new era of personal transportation, right at your hoof tips."

She breathes, running a hoof through her mane. "I'd heard that tech-priests could work miracles with machines, but this is... absolutely incredible."

There was something about just how amazed and stunned that Gears had been by his demonstration that caused Belgond to feel a warm feeling in his chest that had nothing to do with the warmth of his power core. It felt nice to hear praise for his hard work. "It's why we rejected the infusion of archtype technology in the first place; Embracing the technology of another might result in quick short term gains, but it blinds you other possibilities. Only through laying your own groundwork with your own successes and failures can one truly understand the strengths and limitations of the technology that you are trying to produce. Perhaps you would be in interested going on pilgrimage to New Zebrica and learning from the Elder Tech-Priests yourself? They would be more then willing to take on a pilgrim that has been given a recommendation. "

Dice Rolls:
Persuasion roll: Convincing Golden Gears to travel to New Zebrica to learn from and possible join the machine cult.
Roll(1d20)+6:
20,+6
Total:26

Natural twenty on a non-expert skill.
avatar
Senshuken
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 393
Join date : 2013-08-08
Age : 25
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Crystalite on Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:25 pm

Copperette took a few deep breaths, more convinced now that this weird creature wasn't going to harm her. "I... I... Please?" she said in a more normal tone. "I just want to go home..."
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Terrestial on Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:29 pm

"Thank you, kind sir"

Satisfied with having obtained the desired information, the unicorn decided to nevertheless head in the aforementioned building's direction. He needed to get to know when was the mentioned meeting going to end. Other than that, satiating one's curiosity regarding the topic of the discusson was also a point to be considered. Not to mention exercising one's memory regarding the actual way to the so-caleed Bit and neighbourhood of the place could come in handy. Thus, the unicorn took a stroll in that direction, not making haste though. If the fellow trader's words were correct, he had ample time to reach the destination. Hence, both in order to get a bit of first hand experience about the place as well as to amuse himself a little, Emblem paid attention to the representatives of the popluation he was passing by, tryig to draw a conclusion as to how they were faring in general and what was the atmosphere reigning in the city.

Streetwise check: 23 + d20 (2) = 25
avatar
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 190
Join date : 2015-06-03
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  GreyVestibule on Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:04 pm

""Analysis complete. Hypothesis: Lowering the ambient temperature, combined with administration of RX-12 B-Grade antibiotics, should help alleviate fever symptoms and allow for recovery,"" Seva finally stated aloud, their eyes refocusing.

Turning over to a nearby terminal, Seva held one of their hooves up, the nanomachines that made it up reformating to fit into an input jack. The readouts on the screen zipped by for a few seconds as Seva directly entered entered the information, before it eventually stopped at a screen blinking the words “Authorization Required”. A window was open on the side that showed a brief readout of each patient along with notations of recommended doses. Removing their hoof from the jack, Seva turned to the nearest doctor.

""We have programmed a new setting for the local climate controls. Most efficient antibiotic dose calculated. We have sent the pharmacy a tentative prescription order for the antibiotics. Please review and authorize, doctor.""
avatar
GreyVestibule
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Posts : 173
Join date : 2014-11-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Faege on Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:29 pm

Opting not to engage directly, Borealis will step forward into view, arms crossed, standing directly in the way of the entrance.

Faege
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Posts : 189
Join date : 2015-06-29
Location : Going down in China Town

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum