FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  AleneShazam on Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:34 pm

Senshuken wrote:There was something about just how amazed and stunned that Gears had been by his demonstration that caused Belgond to feel a warm feeling in his chest that had nothing to do with the warmth of his power core. It felt nice to hear praise for his hard work. "It's why we rejected the infusion of archtype technology in the first place; Embracing the technology of another might result in quick short term gains, but it blinds you other possibilities. Only through laying your own groundwork with your own successes and failures can one truly understand the strengths and limitations of the technology that you are trying to produce. Perhaps you would be in interested going on pilgrimage to New Zebrica and learning from the Elder Tech-Priests yourself? They would be more then willing to take on a pilgrim that has been given a recommendation.   "
Golden Gears smiles. "I'm honored that you would recommend me on such a journey. Maybe once my work here is concluded, I'll take up your offer. But right now, I'm still needed on this settlement."
She takes a moment to put her harness back on, humming contently as the mechanical arms come back to life. "Now that you're here, however, would you like to see some of the projects I've been working on? It's not quite as advanced as a teleportation substitute, but it's the reason I've been working on this edge world for the past year."

Crystalite wrote:Copperette took a few deep breaths, more convinced now that this weird creature wasn't going to harm her. "I... I... Please?" she said in a more normal tone. "I just want to go home..."
"Well, since ya asked so nicely," the diamond dog snaps her fingers, and the aura around the filly fades away, causing the filly to sprawl onto the ground. The diamond dog winces, rises to her feet, pushing off against the length of pipe, and shuffles towards the filly, tentatively holding out a paw to help her up. "Right then, girly. Since ya clearly don't know where you are, I'm guessing ya ain't from these parts. Where're ya from? Maybe Granny Gristle can help ya out."

Terrestial wrote:"Thank you, kind sir"
Streetwise check: 23 + d20 (2) = 25
Emblem, as he walks through the starport, notices a subtle but omni-present tension in the air. Those who are obviously travelers seem hurried, not just in a 'running late' sense but rather trying to conclude their business as soon as possible. The locals, too, seem cautious and subdued. Many look to be builders, or construction engineers, or general skilled laborers; sensible folk who'd probably not easily be spooked, given the general frontier mentality. Still, there's a prevalent sense of unease that Emblem just can't help but notice. Once past the crowds, the atmosphere eases up slightly, and by the time Emblem exits the starport and makes his way towards the large, golden circular building (the name of 'the Bit' was quite apt in that regard) the streets around him are too sparsely occupied to determine the mood of the ponies.

GreyVestibule wrote:""We have programmed a new setting for the local climate controls. Most efficient antibiotic dose calculated. We have sent the pharmacy a tentative prescription order for the antibiotics. Please review and authorize, doctor.""
The doctor reads over the procedures, nodding to himself as he scans the recommendations. "I swear, Seva, you're a godsend. I can't imagine what would have happened without your assistance. Yes, *ahem*" he taps the screen, "Authorization for alterations granted."
The screen blinks briefly before the words 'Authorization granted by Doctor Clean Cut' appears at the bottom of the screen. Clean Cut turns to the ACHE, and says, "Could you go and find your colleagues from the Panacea? Brief them about the updates?"

Faege wrote:Opting not to engage directly, Borealis will step forward into view, arms crossed, standing directly in the way of the entrance.
The group falls silent as they watch Borealis carefully. "...but we need to get to it..." a mutter comes from somewhere within the group. "...the artifact..." "...not their hooves..."
The group slowly begins to move towards the entrance, straight at Borealis.


Last edited by AleneShazam on Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1132
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Crystalite on Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:37 pm

"I-I'm Copperette... I-I'm from Canterlot but Daddy and I were visiting my uncle in Ponyville..." she explained as she got back to her feet. "C-can you help me?"
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  GreyVestibule on Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:15 pm

Seva would not admit it, nor did they show it, but they felt a glow within themselves at the doctors words. A bare flicker of pride, which they quickly reinterpreted as simply being a part of their changeling roots reacting positively to gratitude. The result was the ACHE simply standing there stoically until Clean Cut made his request.

""Affirmative,"" Seva nodded.

Turning away, Seva starting trotting down the halls, searching for the doctors in question.



Perception (to find the Panacea doctors) 1D20+7 => 25
avatar
GreyVestibule
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Posts : 173
Join date : 2014-11-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Senshuken on Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:41 am

Shazam wrote:Golden Gears smiles. "I'm honored that you would recommend me on such a journey. Maybe once my work here is concluded, I'll take up your offer. But right now, I'm still needed on this settlement."
She takes a moment to put her harness back on, humming contently as the mechanical arms come back to life. "Now that you're here, however, would you like to see some of the projects I've been working on? It's not quite as advanced as a teleportation substitute, but it's the reason I've been working on this edge world for the past year."

"Gladly. Please, lead the way. From what I've seen of your work you truly have a gift with your mechanical arms and I won't deny that my interest is peaked at the chance to see your own universe changing project." Belgond answered with a wide grin, beckoning Golden to lead the way. "Have you been working here all by yourself?" He asked while looking around to see what he could see... and stealing the odd glance at Golden again.

Dice Rolls:

Roll 1: Perception= Looking around to see what he can see.
Roll(1d20)+9:
3,+9
Total:12

Roll 2: Stealth- Checking Golden out (Again) (Don't judge me, she's a good looking nerd mare.)
Roll(1d20)+12:
12,+12
Total:24
avatar
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 535
Join date : 2013-08-08
Age : 26
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Faege on Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:22 am

"...Hardlight unit, project wall configuration." Borealis murmurs, activating the hardlight crystals set into his shoulder armor. A wave of light pours out of crystals, coalescing into a solid glowing wall in front of Borealis, dividing the minotaur and the entrance from the group of ponies. "There is an ongoing meeting right now. If you have need of the meeting hall, you should speak to the relevant authorities for a booking."

Hardlight Construction:

House Rule: You have enough Hardlight charge to produce constructs roughly equal to your size.
Element Master: Hardlight (3) – 5/Day [Created by ZamuelNow]
Preparation Time: 5 Seconds
When you select this power choose a solid or liquid. This power may be taken multiple times, using a different substance each time. For example, you may choose water, metal, dirt, stone, glass, wood, plastic or oil. For the next ten minutes, you may mentally pick up or manipulate any number of inanimate objects made of your chosen substance that you can see and that are within fifty feet of you, so long as they are still in either solid or liquid form. You can only manipulate up to 200 lbs. of material at once. You may spend a magic point to increase the maximum weight limit to 1000 lbs for the next 10 minutes instead.

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 282
Join date : 2015-06-29
Location : Going down in China Town

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  AleneShazam on Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:22 pm

Crystalite wrote:"I-I'm Copperette... I-I'm from Canterlot but Daddy and I were visiting my uncle in Ponyville..." she explained as she got back to her feet. "C-can you help me?"
"Well, can't say I've heard of any settlements by that name; then again, I live in a ramshackle hut in the Stacks. What do I know, eh?" Gristle pats Copperette on the head with a surprisingly gentle paw, gesturing towards an indistinct point in the direction of some tall buildings with her pipe. "How 'bout this: I take ya to the city hall and check up some of them official documents; see what we can find out about your home. You like the sound of that, little pup?"

GreyVestibule wrote:Turning away, Seva starting trotting down the halls, searching for the doctors in question.
The hospital isn't particularly big, and Seva easily tracks down the doctors who accompanied them from the Panacea. One of them, a pegasus mare, is resting in the staff room, having taken the shift last night. The other, an earth pony stallion, is switching out the IV drip bags for the more critical patients.

Senshuken wrote:"Gladly. Please, lead the way. From what I've seen of your work you truly have a gift with your mechanical arms and I won't deny that my interest is peaked at the chance to see your own universe changing project." Belgond answered with a wide grin, beckoning Golden to lead the way. "Have you been working here all by yourself?" He asked while looking around to see what he could see... and stealing the odd glance at Golden again.
"I used to have an assistant, but he eventually had to move beyond my tutelage. I couldn't keep a bright student cooped up in here forever, after all. Now, it's just me," Golden Gears' arms swing about, accessing some kind of data panel set into the wall, "and my inventions."

The wall slides open, revealing an even larger, actually properly equipped workshop within. Peeking in from behind Golden, Belgond can spot all sorts of different mechanical muscle structures lined up along one side of the room, with plates of different alloys scattered across various worktables. Standard workshopping tools populate the room as well. It'll take a while for him to make sense of the mechanisms, but for the moment, he just allows the environment to sink in, as he takes in the sights of Golden's workshop (and other things).

Faege wrote:"...Hardlight unit, project wall configuration." Borealis murmurs, activating the hardlight crystals set into his shoulder armor. A wave of light pours out of crystals, coalescing into a solid glowing wall in front of Borealis, dividing the minotaur and the entrance from the group of ponies. "There is an ongoing meeting right now. If you have need of the meeting hall, you should speak to the relevant authorities for a booking."
The ponies look confused for a moment before, oddly (and hilariously), one of them continues forward, bumping their head into the wall. "No... you don't understand... they're coming... back...!" Reminiscent of goldfish bumping into the wall of tanks, the pony continues to push uselessly against the wall, hooves scraping the ground as they walk in place, unable to make any headway. "Have to... stop. Have to... take... artifact... to safe..."
avatar
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1132
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Terrestial on Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:25 pm

It looked as though something was undermining the morale of the by-goers. While it wasn't exactly peculiar, considering what a variety of concerns ponies spanning across the galaxy faced daily, it did make one wonder as to what reason could've there been for such an evident pressure. No wonder Emblem has been sent here of all places, as a dire need was what generated the majority of opportunities... the unicorn opted to see them as chances for mutual benefit than taking advantage of the suffering though and actually cared for the financial capabilities of his broadely understood customers. At this moment, he tried to establish what connection could there've been between the cargo he''s been entrusted to pass off and the reigning mood of the ones populating this area... starting from recalling what were actually his ship's contents.

Witnessing the shape of the building in whose direction was he apparently headed, was tinted with a bit of amusement. Way to remind the ones attending this place as to what purpose are they gathering, the pony thought - fitting, for sure. Though there was a bit of an irony in that, Emblem appreciated the hint of creativity the architects have been allowed while laying out the plans for this structure. Events in places like this certainly do make for more memorable ones. Eyeing his place of destination as to locate the entrances, the horned trader approached the place, intent on finding out how deep might he be allowed to reach inside... without referring to aggressive persuasion, that is.
avatar
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 190
Join date : 2015-06-03
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Crystalite on Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:43 pm

"... Settlements!?" Copperette asked in confusion. "But... Canterlot is the capitol city of Equestria! How could you have not heard of it!?" she continued, genuinely bewildered. "Unless..."
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  AleneShazam on Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:31 pm

Terrestial wrote:...starting from recalling what were actually his ship's contents.
Eyeing his place of destination as to locate the entrances, the horned trader approached the place, intent on finding out how deep might he be allowed to reach inside... without referring to aggressive persuasion, that is.
The suppliers were vague on the contents of the cargo, but as any decent trader is wont to do, Emblem checked the shipment before setting off, and for the most part, it contained a few luxury items, but primarily the shipment was composed of standard peacekeeping equipment as well as tech and modules used in defensive infrastructure.

Given Emblem's bearing and general demeanor, the security put two and two together and figured he probably wasn't some random civilian curious about the building, so after a quick search they give Emblem the go-ahead, but inform him that most of the influential trading representatives are currently meeting and are unavailable. As most guild buildings tend to be, most visitors can wait in the lobby which is fairly decently furnished with plush seats and tables of both the work and coffee variant. As there is a directory in the lobby, Emblem can easily tell that there are a series of public meeting spaces which visitors are allowed to roam, and private offices for the actual guild representatives to work in. There's also a larger, booking-only meeting hall that is across the street from the Bit, also owned by the trading guild. Most of the guild members are currently, according to a receptionist, having a meeting in one of the spaces.

Crystalite wrote:"... Settlements!?" Copperette asked in confusion. "But... Canterlot is the capitol city of Equestria! How could you have not heard of it!?" she continued, genuinely bewildered. "Unless..."
"Equestria... d'ya mean Equis?" Gristle frowns. "Ya sure ya didn't hit that pretty head of yours? Equis' been on that tour of theirs; ain't been round this sector for... half dozen months at least, I'd reckon."
avatar
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1132
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Senshuken on Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:22 am

Shazam wrote:"I used to have an assistant, but he eventually had to move beyond my tutelage. I couldn't keep a bright student cooped up in here forever, after all. Now, it's just me," Golden Gears' arms swing about, accessing some kind of data panel set into the wall, "and my inventions."

Belgond let out a single loud, impressed whistle as he slowly looked around at Golden's proper workshop, letting himself get lost in the atmosphere of a workshop for a few moments before he attempted to see if there was anything that drew the eye or stood out from his knowledge of Golden's special brand of mechanics. "Very impressive Golden. Very impressive indeed.

Dice Rolls:

Perception- Looking around the room.
Roll(1d20)+9:
15,+9
Total:24

Mechanics- To understand what it is he is seeing around the room.
Roll(1d20)+20:
20,+20
Total:40

I kid you not, a second natural twenty. I'm starting to worry that this might be a Thunderclap situation...
avatar
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 535
Join date : 2013-08-08
Age : 26
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Crystalite on Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:42 pm

Copperette considered the implications. "You mean... I'm not in Equestria - or, I guess, Equis - anymore..." Her panic began to rise again, before settling back down into a morose acceptance. She had, apparently, been whisked away to some far off land by her uncle's device - and, appparently, wasn't getting back anytime soon. "Then... What am I going to do now..." she asked, more to herself than the creature - Granny Gristle? - staring off into the sky longingly.


Last edited by Crystalite on Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  GreyVestibule on Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:03 pm

Noticing that the pegasus seemed in need of mild recovery herself, Seva elected to instead inform the currently active doctor on duty first.

""Doctor Strongheart, we have an update on Ward C. We have prescribed a lowered ambient temperature and antibiotics for the patients, with authorization from Doctor Clean Cut. Current estimates from microbial analysis suggest that the infections will cease spreading and be handled by the patients' immune system. We are currently awaiting results.""


Seva's head tilted slightly in the direction of the break room before looking straight on back at Strongheart.

""Inquiry: Should Doctor Swabs be notified of this update at this time, or should she be left to rest?""
avatar
GreyVestibule
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Posts : 173
Join date : 2014-11-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Terrestial on Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:16 pm

From the looks of it, the ones expecting the shipment were quite self-conscious about their security. One would wonder what was it that led them to this course of action. Had it been external threat or rather social unrest? It would seem it was rather the latter, but have the things been really so hectic around here lately, Emblem questioned himself. After being done with the down-to-earth, standard entry procedure, he thanked briefly the guards for the infromation provided - even though he was already aware of it, as it never hurt to be nice - and walked in, sparing a moment to examine the interior. Having been informed by the helpful receptionist, he proceeded to ask further about the state of matter - glancing behind him, as to check how many visitors alike him were there, as to establish whether he should make haste with that talk for more than convenience's sake:

"Would it be a problem if i inquired about the topic of the meeting, as well as the estimated time of its end?"
avatar
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 190
Join date : 2015-06-03
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  AleneShazam on Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:41 pm

Senshuken wrote:Belgond let out a single loud, impressed whistle as he slowly looked around at Golden's proper workshop, letting himself get lost in the atmosphere of a workshop for a few moments before he attempted to see if there was anything that drew the eye or stood out from his knowledge of Golden's special brand of mechanics. "Very impressive Golden. Very impressive indeed.
As Belgond steps inside the workshop, he immediately realizes that her work is by no means limited to limb replacers. Blueprints of generators, weapons, exosuits and robots litter the desks, and although Belgond can easily tell most of them are purely theoretical (typically identified by the large crosses Golden Gears struck across the designs) there are a few that are ingenious by their own right. The most prominent, however, is an elaborate harness at the back of the room. Rather than the usual magnetic input limbs that Belgond comes to associate with Golden Gears, the harness is host to two domes, each about half of a pony's head in size. By studying the prints, Belgond can tell that the domes are in fact a housing for custom engineered nano-machine technology that interfaces with a standard variable magnetic control implant. They can reassemble into mechanical analogs of virtually any biological limb, including wings, claws, and tentacles, at first glance. Belgond also can tell that the nano machines may be magically sensitive... a crude recreation of a magical matrix that most living magical creatures have, allowing in theory even more fitting interfacing with the wearer's mind.

Crystalite wrote:Copperette considered the implications. "You mean... I'm not in Equestria - or, I guess, Equis - anymore..." Her panic began to rise again, before settling back down into a morose acceptance. She had, apparently, been whisked away to some far of land by her uncle's device - and, appparently, wasn't getting back anytime soon. "Then... What am I going to do now..." she asked, more to herself than the creature - Granny Gristle? - staring off into the sky longingly.
"Hey, don't be so blue, little pup, there's always a chance... say, why don't ya tell me a bit about how ya got here in the first place? Ya just dropped outta the sky from my point of view. Maybe something about that will help ya get back home?"

GreyVestibule wrote:Noticing that the pegasus seemed in need of mild recovery herself, Seva elected to instead inform the currently active doctor on duty first.

""Doctor Strongheart, we have an update on Ward C. We have prescribed a lowered ambient temperature and antibiotics for the patients, with authorization from Doctor Clean Cut. Current estimates from microbial analysis suggest that the infections will cease spreading and be handled by the patients' immune system. We are currently awaiting results.""


Seva's head tilted slightly in the direction of the break room before looking straight on back at Strongheart.

""Inquiry: Should Doctor Swabs be notified of this update at this time, or should she be left to rest?""
"Lowered temperature, huh? I assumed it would interfere with the fever denaturing the bacterium, but I suppose anything is possible on a remote world like this..." Strongheart comments, as he hangs up another drip bag,  "I'm thinking just leave the poor mare be. She's overworked as is, and you know how most of the Swab sisters get all stressed out easy. We can fill her in later, when she wakes up."

Strongheart pauses, before looking to Seva curiously. "You know, with the possible treatment submitted, since all we can really do is just wait, why don't you go for a breather? Go for a walk around town or something; Princess knows you've earned it, Seva. Maybe get something better than hospital grub to eat... and maybe some for us as well while you're at it." He smiles sheepishly, patting his belly. "That stuff is just nasty..."

Terrestial wrote:From the looks of it, the ones expecting the shipment were quite self-conscious about their security. One would wonder what was it that led them to this course of action. Had it been external threat or rather social unrest? It would seem it was rather the latter, but have the things been really so hectic around here lately, Emblem questioned himself. After being done with the down-to-earth, standard entry procedure, he thanked briefly the guards for the infromation provided - even though he was already aware of it, as it never hurt to be nice - and walked in, sparing a moment to examine the interior. Having been informed by the helpful receptionist, he proceeded to ask further about the state of matter - glancing behind him, as to check how many visitors alike him were there, as to establish whether he should make haste with that talk for more than convenience's sake:

"Would it be a problem if i inquired about the topic of the meeting, as well as the estimated time of its end?"
The visitors seem mostly content with lounging around, and the receptionist shakes her head apologetically."I'm sorry, sir, but a representative took the documents pertaining to the meeting this morning. We do have the scheduled end time, though; at most an hour and maybe another half hour later. There may be more information on the trader's bulletin, outside the town meeting hall, but there seems to be little records of the meeting here. Sorry if that wasn't particularly helpful."


Last edited by AleneShazam on Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:25 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1132
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Crystalite on Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:06 pm

Copperette looked back, her memory a little fuzzy. "I... was in my uncle's basement... There was this big device I was looking in..." She paused as she thought about it. "I pulled a lever and it... did something. And then I was falling," she explained. "I... Weird. A few minutes ago it felt like I had fell forever," Copperette noted, rubbing her head thoughtfully. "But now it seems like it was just a minute..."
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Senshuken on Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:41 am

As Belgond's eyes went over the various blueprints that had been on display, his couldn't help but find himself admiring Golden Gears more and more for the brilliant mind that must have been churning out great idea after great idea, even if most of it wouldn't get past the theoretical stage. What truly caught his attention was what appeared to be an actual mock up of an elaborate harness at the back of the room. It had taken a combination of actually inspecting the harness itself and the blueprints to revel the idea behind it, but what he was seeing actually caused his mouth to drop open. The combination of nano-machine technology with standard variable magnetic control implant to cause the nano-machines to reassemble into mechanical analogs of virtually any biological limb be it wings, claws or hooves was actually mind blowing.

Turning to look at Golden Gears, Belgond actually had to restrain himself from asking the mare to marry him then and there. "Now this is impressive. The fact that you were able to create magically sensitive nano-machines in order to act as a crude but effective recreation of a magical matrix in order to allow for greater interfacing with the wearer's mind is an absolute master stroke. Not only are you reinventing the wheels that are mechanical implants and nano machines but you may have created a new type of technology in order to do so. You should be very proud of yourself Ms Gears."
avatar
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 535
Join date : 2013-08-08
Age : 26
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Terrestial on Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:44 am

"That's alright. The schedule was my primary concern. If anyone asks, Missive Emblem has been here and will likely return in time. Thanks for your help."

Having said that, the unicorn decided that since the the trading hall ain't so far away, he might just as well check that out. He wondered why the ones having the meetinng today would take away the papers concerning the meeting. He deemed it might be, perhaps, a quite justified local custom here, to sort out paperwork as it goes. Although the topic of the conference could be of his interest, he wasn't sure whether he'd do anything more in this regard. The premises were pretty much off-limits. It was likely he would be able to find a more engaging, productive activity, if he looked around. Relaxing oneself after the rather uncomortable journey was also a thing to be considered. Who knew what the local culinary specialities were...? That being said, he was on his way towards the aforementioned place of the bulletin's presence, yet looked around, trying to find something potentially of interest to him in the meantime.
avatar
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 190
Join date : 2015-06-03
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Faege on Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:51 am

"What are you talking about? What about the artifact?" Borealis furrows his brow; he didn't want to entertain the fancies of madmen, but if there was a risk of danger, it may be worth it.

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 282
Join date : 2015-06-29
Location : Going down in China Town

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  AleneShazam on Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:53 am

Crystalite wrote:Copperette looked back, her memory a little fuzzy. "I... was in my uncle's basement... There was this big device I was looking in..." She paused as she thought about it. "I pulled a lever and it... did something. And then I was falling," she explained. "I... Weird. A few minutes ago it felt like I had fell forever," Copperette noted, rubbing her head thoughtfully. "But now it seems like it was just a minute..."
"Some kinda machine, huh?" Gristle rubs her chin thoughtfully. "Well, can't say I'm much good with tech, but I know a bangin' good mechanic that lives up in the heights. She's a crazy mare when it comes to tech 'n machines. How about I take ya up to her instead? Maybe ya can describe the thing to her, see if she can't tell what you poked to send you here."

Senshuken wrote:
Turning to look at Golden Gears, Belgond actually had to restrain himself from asking the mare to marry him then and there. "Now this is impressive. The fact that you were able to create magically sensitive nano-machines in order to act as a crude but effective recreation of a magical matrix in order to allow for greater interfacing with the wearer's mind is an absolute master stroke. Not only are you reinventing the wheels that are mechanical implants and nano machines but you may have created a new type of technology in order to do so. You should be very proud of yourself Ms Gears."    
Golden Gears blushes, tapping her hooves together bashfully. "Well, most of the nano-tech was borrowed from ACHE technology - you know, those cybernetic anti-changelings - and the magical matrix design was just a conversion of the traditional magnetic-neural connection, with a bit of my own twist thrown in." She moves over to the harness, shedding her old harness and pulling the prototype from its stand, slipping it on. "Here, let me demonstrate."

She muzzle scrunches up in concentration, and a few moments later, the domes on her shoulders shake, and spring to life, writhing in a strangely organic manner before forming into the same mechanical arms that were on her old harness. She looks back and smiles, but she frowns again when the arms disintegrate back into a dome. "It... still needs some work." She glances at Belgond, taking note of his mechanical implants and parts. "It's not every day that a tech-priest visits my workshop... would you mind maybe assisting me in calibrating the limb configurations?"

Terrestial wrote:"That's alright. The schedule was my primary concern. If anyone asks, Missive Emblem has been here and will likely return in time. Thanks for your help."

Having said that, the unicorn decided that since the the trading hall ain't so far away, he might just as well check that out. He wondered why the ones having the meetinng today would take away the papers concerning the meeting. He deemed it might be, perhaps, a quite justified local custom here, to sort out paperwork as it goes. Although the topic of the conference could be of his interest, he wasn't sure whether he'd do anything more in this regard. The premises were pretty much off-limits. It was likely he would be able to find a more engaging, productive activity, if he looked around. Relaxing oneself after the rather uncomortable journey was also a thing to be considered. Who knew what the local culinary specialities were...? That being said, he was on his way towards the aforementioned place of the bulletin's presence, yet looked around, trying to find something potentially of interest to him in the meantime.
Emblem passes a few nice looking cafes and restaurants on his way to the meeting hall. A frontier colony isn't known for luxury services, but Daedalus-2 has done well enough in that regard. There's one that looks rather cozy and homely, billing itself as the only place to get 'legitimate home-cooking'. Another boasts a diverse culinary experience with snacks and food from all across the Concord territory. There's one that looks relatively cheap, but also has mouth-watering spicy aromas wafting out of the door. Probably curry or something.

The meeting hall is just around the street corner, and strangely enough there seems to be a group of ponies having some sort of altercation with a minotaur, the minotaur projecting some sort of hardlight barrier in front of the ponies. As the front of the meeting hall has stretch of open space (imagine something like a yard or a lawn, but with brickwork instead of grass) the bulletin board stands a safe distance away from the group, right at the edge of the sidewalk.

A sheet of paper on the bulletin board says that there has been a colony-wide meeting called for guild representatives regarding 'recent developments in colonial security and spaceflight hazards' and the need for 'further defensive measures and arms trade'.

Faege wrote:"What are you talking about? What about the artifact?" Borealis furrows his brow; he didn't want to entertain the fancies of madmen, but if there was a risk of danger, it may be worth it.
"It whispers to you... tells you to do... things... such horrible, horrible things..." The pony banging at the hardlight barrier falters. "It's so... it tells me... to... to..." the pony shakes his head. "It infects... and spreads... and feeds on the worse of your fears... you have to stop it...! It's not just a battery...!"

Before he can continue, however, his eyes seem to cloud over somehow and he continues to bang away on the barrier, muttering incoherently.
avatar
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1132
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Faege on Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:48 am

Borealis' eyes narrow as he tries to recall any situation he had studied in the past where archetype artifacts... 'called' for anypony. Warped anypony like this.
"Hey, hey. Talk to me. If you want to get to the artifact, you have to tell me what's going on. What about the artifact? What does it do?"
History: (13) + 10 = 23

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 282
Join date : 2015-06-29
Location : Going down in China Town

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  GreyVestibule on Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:27 pm

Internally, Sevas' neural networks spun into action as they tried to figure out the best respond. For them, a hug was more nutritious and rewarding than what most ponies would consider food, but Seva realized that this was not worth bringing up – Strongheart was more likely speaking from a place of sentiment than anything. In any case, the ACHE realized the benefits of taking at least a quick break from the hospital duties – time away from a task allowed for reflection that could not happen within it, as well as a chance for finding ways to diversify life experiences. Getting to know the area better was likely more beneficial anyways. Seva decided to nod at Strongheart's suggestion.

""The suggested course of action sounds acceptable. We will return later,""
they stated before turning about to leave the hospital.

Stepping out into the heavy sunlight of Daedalus-2, Seva stopped for a moment just outside as the edges of their amber eyes twitched, the optical components within shifting. The colors of their eyes shifted more towards a brownish tint, darkening to account for the increased luminosity.

Looking up and down the street, Seva picked a direction and went in it. Their own sense of an internal mission parameter started to build, based on what had been suggested from Strongheart – find pleasing food for the doctors. Yes, they were on a break, but Seva felt comfortable having structure like that. And it wasn't like walking about and exploring couldn't exist as secondary objectives. So, they trotted along, looking about as they did for anything else that might be interesting.



History Roll [Seva attempts to recall what food might fit the doctors' tastes best]: 1D20+9 => 22

Streetwise Roll [Seva attemps to locate a good quality vendor or restaurant]: 1D20+7 => 9 (... Welp.)
avatar
GreyVestibule
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Posts : 173
Join date : 2014-11-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Terrestial on Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:23 pm

Emblem decided that in the light of that the amount of time he'll spent on this planet is entirely up to how the trade will go on, he might as well get a shot at that homely cooking. Chances were, his trade would throw him next time at the other side of the galaxy. One had to catch the opportunity, while it was still there. The unicorn smiled a little to himself, considering how the trading alliance's motto probably wasn't established with that in mind. Still, it fitted perfectly.

Noetheless, he decided that a jog might wet his appetite, hence he decided to pay the hall a visit first. What caught his attention was the commotion just before its entrance. Was the minotaur sorting out the visitors,  before letting them through the hardlight one by one? No, that didn't seem to be the case. Emblem approached the bulletin board, though listened in on what's going on there, stealing glances in that direction as well.* The paper he was about to read could wait. Not all ponies would be able to afford the same. Thus.

*Perception check: 18 + d20 (3) = 21
avatar
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 190
Join date : 2015-06-03
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Crystalite on Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:45 pm

Copperette thought about the offer. Lacking better ideas, she nodded approval. "Alright," she said quietly. "If you think that'll help..."
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Senshuken on Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:14 am

Belgond could only offer Golden an encouraging smile. "Ms Gears, I would be more then happy to have a look at it and see where I can help improve the spirit of your harness. If you'll just hold still a moment..." Taking a few steps closer to Golden Gears, Belgond gave her harness his full attention, scanning over it with both the naked and mechanical eye to see where he he could improve the devices functionality and therefore please its machine spirit.

Dice Rolls:
Mechanics: Improving Golden Gear's harness.
Roll(1d20)+20:
13,+20
Total:33
avatar
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 535
Join date : 2013-08-08
Age : 26
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  AleneShazam on Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:18 am

Faege wrote:Borealis' eyes narrow as he tries to recall any situation he had studied in the past where archetype artifacts... 'called' for anypony. Warped anypony like this.
"Hey, hey. Talk to me. If you want to get to the artifact, you have to tell me what's going on. What about the artifact? What does it do?"
History: (13) + 10 = 23
Borealis doesn't remember exactly where he'd seen it, but at some point in his studies he had come across a box made entirely out of Archetype hardlight. Somehow, even without a projector, the hardlight lingered, and something about the other artifact reminded him of something like that, of a containment chamber made out of hardlight. There were mechanical components on this one, but the principle seemed the same. The pony continues to rave manically as he bumps into the barrier again, a small bruise forming where he had repeatedly hit his forehead against the barrier. "It's not just... a battery... what it holds... too dangerous...!"

Suddenly, the pony freezes, before looking wildly at the minotaur. "Too late too late too late too late TOO LATE!" He shouts, as in synch, the entire group scatters, dispersing away.

Terrestial wrote:
Noetheless, he decided that a jog might wet his appetite, hence he decided to pay the hall a visit first. What caught his attention was the commotion just before its entrance. Was the minotaur sorting out the visitors,  before letting them through the hardlight one by one? No, that didn't seem to be the case. Emblem approached the bulletin board, though listened in on what's going on there, stealing glances in that direction as well.* The paper he was about to read could wait. Not all ponies would be able to afford the same. Thus.

*Perception check: 18 + d20 (3) = 21
Emblem just manages to catch the pony mutter "the battery" was "too dangerous" or something to that effect, and then shout that it was too late, and for the whole group to scatter with chilling synchronization, like they were somehow all connected to the same brain. A few of the group runs past him, and he barely hears them mutter repeatedly "they're coming..." as they dash past and disappear into the city, leaving the area empty save Emblem, the minotaur, and the minotaur's hardlight barrier.


Senshuken wrote:Belgond could only offer Golden an encouraging smile. "Ms Gears, I would be more then happy to have a look at it and see where I can help improve the spirit of your harness. If you'll just hold still a moment..." Taking a few steps closer to Golden Gears, Belgond gave her harness his full attention, scanning over it with both the naked and mechanical eye to see where he he could improve the devices functionality and therefore please its machine spirit.

Dice Rolls:
Mechanics: Improving Golden Gear's harness.
Roll(1d20)+20:
13,+20
Total:33

Working on the harness takes a bit of time; an hour at least. While the intention was to help, Belgond quickly finds Golden Gears' engineering prowess almost matching his, if in slightly different fields of engineering, and as they bounce ideas back and forth, the time passes quite quickly. It's a whirlwind of activity in the workshop as Belgond and Gears fine tune the harness, until about an hour and a half later, they take a short breather. Golden Gears grins at Belgond as her ear flicks, signalling the domes to form into mechanical limbs that manage to hold their shape. "I must admit, I may have made more progress today than I have in the past month," She says, smiling gratefully at the zebra.

*BZZZT* Golden Gear tilts her head, confused. "I... wasn't expecting any more guests today. Please hold on for a moment." She gets up to answer the door.

Crystalite wrote:Copperette thought about the offer. Lacking better ideas, she nodded approval. "Alright," she said quietly. "If you think that'll help..."
Gristle leads Copperette through a series of quiet streets and alleys, until they come upon a winding path that goes up a hill. Seeing this, Gristle bites her lip, glancing down at her pipe-cane. "Mmm... nah. Not today." She says, before tapping the cane lightly against the ground. There's a cracking sound, and suddenly the pair are at the top of the hill, standing in front of a set of fairly standard looking industrial steel doors. Gristle pokes the buzzer, and a short while later, the doors open to reveal an earth pony mare with a dark coat and a brilliant golden mane, wearing some kind of harness with mechanical arms attached.

"...Griselda? Why, you haven't visited in forever! Look at you, your fur's gotten all white! Where have you..." She looks, and notices the teenager lagging behind the diamond dog. "...Gris, why is there a filly behind you?"

Gristle scratches the back of her head with a paw. "It's Gristle, now. Ain't been Griselda since I had gray fur. And, well. The girl's a little lost." She gestures for Copperette to step forward. "This here is Golden Gears. She's an old friend of mine, real good with tech 'n' machines, if a little bit loopy about 'em."

"I... see. Well, I suppose I can't keep you waiting out here. I already have a guest inside, but if this is some kind of tech related problem I think he'll be able to help." She turns and walks back inside, beckoning for the two to follow with a mechanical arm.

Once inside the workshop, Golden Gears gestures at one of the many seats arranged around a workstation. "It's a little messy, sorry... Ah, Mr. Belgond, could you come out for a moment? There's a situation that you might be able to help with." As she waits for the zebra to come, she looks over to Copperette. "So... you're lost? How did that happen?"


GreyVestibule wrote:
Looking up and down the street, Seva picked a direction and went in it. Their own sense of an internal mission parameter started to build, based on what had been suggested from Strongheart – find pleasing food for the doctors. Yes, they were on a break, but Seva felt comfortable having structure like that. And it wasn't like walking about and exploring couldn't exist as secondary objectives. So, they trotted along, looking about as they did for anything else that might be interesting.



History Roll [Seva attempts to recall what food might fit the doctors' tastes best]: 1D20+9 => 22

Streetwise Roll [Seva attemps to locate a good quality vendor or restaurant]: 1D20+7 => 9 (... Welp.)
Seva distinctly recalls Strongheart and Swabs both being rather fond of Minoan aurora cakes, little multi-colored pastries that were so delicate and dainty that one would struggle to comprehend how a large minotaur would be capable of making them. Trying to find a vendor who sold aurora cakes, however, was a little more difficult. Aside from it being a relatively luxurious item, the surrounding area was a lot more service providers rather than food shops.

Their walk did eventually take them to a place where many tea snacks were sold, however, and they identified a brand of biscuits that many doctors on the Panacea had a liking for: if Seva had to take a second best option, the biscuits would probably do well as an alternative for aurora cakes. The shop keeper eyes Seva furtively, though not with open hostility; rather more cautious curiosity at a rare species walking by. "You're one of them... ACHEs, right?" She asks, leaning forward slightly to rest her hooves against the counter. "Don't see a lot of your kind around. You interested in buying something?"
avatar
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1132
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum