FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

FTL: Harmony Edition IC - Page 11 Empty Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Terrestial on Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:44 am

As much as the trading alliance's representative wished to see the newly arrived creatures, duty called. The situation may've looked steady, but the experienced mind of the unicorn said no to such a luxury. For all he knew, there was still the likelihood of any of the ones on ship being shot down any second now. There was no telling what the ones hovering above them were up to... and there was also the possibility of being potentially followed. Truly, relaxing now could have grave consequences.

" I'm going to stay" - announced Emblem - "I'm not gonna risk this ship not having a backup pilot immediately in case something happens to the first one. Not until we're far off from this place."

That being said, he did not criticisize in his mind the decision of the others to give the newcomers a brief welcome. If any currently useful talent hid among them, it was important it got employed as swift as possibile.
Terrestial
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam on Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:54 pm

Belgond Copperette Seva Borealis
The party, accompanied by Golden Gears and Clean Cut, make their way towards the teleporter room. As the doors slide open, they are greeted with the sight of the three individuals - the earth pony, unicorn, and griffon - slumped against the ground. Teleportation sickness, a short moment of nausea most species suffer after teleportation, drakes being the notable exceptions. Within moments they are back on their feet and the unicorn mare steps forward. "Oh thank you for picking us up, we can't express enough thanks-"

The griffon cuts her off by running forwards and grabbing Clean Cut. "My baby! Where is she? Where's my baby girl?!"

Clean Cut, despite being rattled, manages to say, "Ma'am, most of the children are either in the medbay or in the living quarters - please stop shaking me - there are signs pointing to both - if your child was in the hospital during the attack then she will be on this ship."

Without another word, the griffoness hauls ass out of the room.

The unicorn mare sighs, but chuckles. "She's been worried out of her mind... but yes, we can't thank you enough. I'm Slow Dance, the griffoness is Magdalene, and this stallion is Sandy Shores."

The stallion waves, but Borealis and Seva notice a barely noticeable hitch in his movement - so slight that even he probably doesn't realize it.

Emblem Degree
As the other crew filter out of the bridge, leaving Emblem and Degree - and Gristle, who appears to have sat down cross-legged on the floor in a corner - at the helm. As the hyperdrive whirrs to life, Degree and Emblem start inputting coordinates for the warp portal - but both notice, almost immediately, that something is up. They catch sight of a bare flicker of green energy in the sky. Plasma energy, charging up, attracted by the hyperspace energy gathering at the portal. They have a few moments to spare before the beam fires, and those few moments will be enough to leap off safely into hyperspace. With a thunderous crack, the portal opens, and the Onset Dawn disappears into hyperspace just as the beam fires off, scorching the air where the ship was mere moments before. Had the ship been just a few moments slower, had the pilots not noticed the beam, it would have taken a difficult maneuver, perhaps too difficult for the clunky hospital ship, to escape death. B

The entire ship shudders and shakes as the first few creases in time and space rattle the ship's hull, unstable temporal energies pushing against the ship like the currents of an ocean on a little raft, but the hyperdrive keeps the ship together, and after a few moments, the traveling smooths out, and visible outside viewing ports is the dizzying whirl of colors of hyperspace. At the current speed, it'll be a few hours until the ship exits hyperspace. As an uneasy calm comes across the ship, all of the crew realize that, at least for now, they're safe.

It's time for an extended rest! Welcome to level 2, everyone!

Last edited by AleneShazam on Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GreyVestibule on Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:41 pm

Seva watched over the three new passengers, the urge to go in and assist right away dissuaded by a reminder from their Medica runtime that being as they were was common with teleportation sickness. The griffoness at least seemed fine, though Seva supposed it might be best to check up on her later. Depending on how long this voyage would last, the whole crew could probably do with an examination – Seva made a note to find an estimate on that. For now though, there was what was in front of them. The ACHE stepped forward.

""Do either of you require medical attention?"" Seva asked, looking between the two, but her gaze settling on the stallion.

The odd movement in his wave had caught Seva's attention, and made them wonder if he had perhaps injured himself in some way, or if perhaps he was still recovering from the shock of the situation. And either way, if they came form the hospital, that meant they might require a procedure they had been visiting about.
GreyVestibule
GreyVestibule
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken on Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:33 am

After the introductions of the new passengers had been done and the local medical experts were stepping forwards to do their own thing, Belgond stepped forward in order to do his own. Namely, he walked up to the teleporter in order to start the process of turning it off so that the power that it was drawing could be redirected elsewhere in order to provide aid and support to where it was needed right now; Into the medical bay. There were a fair few sick and injured children in the medical bay of the ship and as Belgond hoped that the medical staff would welcome having a bit more power to make sure that their equipment was in working order.

Dice Roller:
Mech- Transferring power from the Teleporter to the Medical Bay: 3+20=23

Once the transfer was complete, Belgond let out a loud sigh as for a moment he allowed the weight of the day to weigh down on him; If he wanted to, he could alter a few programs and that tiredness would simply disappear but there was something right about feeling tired after having the kind of day that he- all those on the ship had the misfortune of having. As for all those still on the planet and living through the nightmare still...

Muttering to himself aloud in a voice that didn't exactly mind if it was overheard in order to see if talking about it would help him process his next move better, he softly said "Do I get to work optimizing the engines, checking up on all systems to make sure that everything is working... or just find a corner to curl up in for a while and deal with all that later..."
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Faege on Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:31 pm

Borealis sighs. With all that done and over with, he wanted little more than to find somewhere quiet to nap - but his duty was not over yet. If he was to be responsible for the safety of the ship and its crew, then he might as well take it to the logical conclusion. Setting up proper security. Stopping shortly in front of Belgond, Borealis informs him, "I'm going to talk to the pegasi you brought on board, put them to use manning the defenses and set up guard shifts."

With that, he sets off, looking for the pegasi in question.

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:50 pm

Copperette shrank down behind Seva as they met the new evacuees (not thinking to question how they got there). The bird lady, in particular, looked frightening to her, blowing past them towards the medbay, and she elected to allow Seva to worry about the other two.

She instead went over to Belgond's side, watching quietly for a moment before tugging on his cloak. "... Belgond? ...Are we safe here?"
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken on Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:02 pm

Belgond nodded his head in complete understanding and agreement to the minotaur's plan. "Of course. If nothing else it'll give them something to do; Idle hooves need work to do after all. All I ask is before you turn them into marines that you see if they would rather serve the ship in some other way first. I know for a fact that one of them is currently volunteering his talents in the med bay as we speak."

Feeling a tug on the hem of his robe, Belgond stopped his self muttering in order to look at the source of the disturbance; The young mare from the distant past.

Her question actually made him pause for a moment as he considered all the things that could go wrong to endanger them... before he finally came to an answer that he could commit himself to happily. "We are safe for the time being. I'm going to be checking on some of the systems and equipment later on to ensure that everything is working as it should and we should send someone to do a stock take on our supplies but under the current circumstances we're pretty good right now. Sorry we haven't had the chance to talk properly sooner but I'm sure that you've noticed that today has been a rather bad day for everyone involved. Is there anything I can help you with while I'm free?"
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:18 pm

Copperette chewed her lip a little. "... I... Don't know. I have questions from here to Tartarus," she said, gesturing with her hooves to try and illustrate the amount. "I'm not really sure where to start..."

((Senshuken, please check your Skype, if you haven't already? Thanks!))
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Espresso on Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:41 pm

"A little too close for comfort." Degree notes, leaning back. "But we got there in the end."

Turning on the auto-pilot, Degree rises to his feet and head towards the living quarters, making note to detour by the storeroom to nab a drink or two if able. "I'm gonna go be irresponsible and maybe be a bad influence on some kids," he grumbles before trudging down the tight ship corridors, raiding the store room on his way. With luxury rations in claw, he barges into the living quarters, looks for the closest cluster of children, and says, "You wanna see a magic trick?" Letting loose a small lick of flame that, with his draconic magic, he wills into a dazzling shower of sparks, he slumps into a chair somewhere, gauging the children's reactions.
Espresso
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken on Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:47 am

Belgond nodded his head in complete understanding; If the girl really was from the distant past, then her current position in time would have been rather confusing due to a lack of context. Context that he really wasn't in much of a position to provide...

"I beat that you do... but truth be told I'm properly not the zebra to do it; My focus when it comes to history tended to be drawn to the technology side of things and even then it was only to understand the building blocks of my passion and art better. If you wanted to learn about the Machine Cult and our long, proud history I would be happy to give you a run down but its only been rather recently that we've really started to make any noticeable impact in the grand scheme of things..." Chewing on the inside of his cheek, Belgond pawed at the ground with his hoof for a moment before a flash of inspiration hit him like a brick to the face. "I might be able to hook you up with something that could paint you a much larger picture of the universe that you now live in through. Give me a bit of time and I'll see what I can do, alright? "
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:12 am

"Okay," Copperette replied, wondering what it could be. She stood there awkwardly, for a moment, before asking her next question. "... Is there a workshop? I'd like to tinker around for a bit, I think..."
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam on Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:54 am

Belgond Copperette Seva
Both Slow Dance and Sandy Shores shake their heads at that. "I was just in for a routine check up." Slow Dance explains, while Sandy Shores says, "Had a bit of a fall while running but I'm not that fragile yet. And, uh - if you need help with history, I can probably help. Honorary member of the Historic Archeology Association."

Degree
The children flinch away from the flames at first, and the angry looking drake impression isn't helping much - but when the mini fireworks start, the kids become a little more enamored, though a few of the more timid children are still reminded of the burning down of the hospital and prefer to keep a wide berth. Aside from those, however, Degree's tricks with fire and smoke seems to have attracted him a small group of about six fillies and colts, asking him questions about how he can do that and if he knew any other magic tricks.

Borealis
Borealis can easily track down the pegasi, excluding the one in the medbay, and most of them are actually watching Degree in the living quarters while rearranging furnishings and organizing the area to accommodate all the individuals on board. They take notice of Borealis, but aside from one of them, the leader Night Snow, they continue work. Snow moves towards Borealis, nodding respectfully. "The name's Night Snow. What brings you over here? We ain't done packing yet."
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken on Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:29 am

Looking over towards the newly named Sandy Shores, Belgond tilted his head a little in thought before answering "Maybe when it comes time to do the actual programming I might request your help to fill out the knowledge banks. If you'll excuse me through... " With a respectful bow, Belgond turned to head back towards the engine room... pausing long enough to turn to Copperette and answering "I'm planning on turning the engine room into a workshop. You are free to join me." With the offer made, Belgond turned to find the parts he needed.

Dice Roller:
Mech- Building a Sweetiebot: 1+20=21. Nat 1... this is going to hurt.
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Espresso on Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:21 am

"Alright kids. Don't blink." Degree grins widely, before reaching behind his back... and pulling out a Flamethrower as almost as tall as himself. Letting loose a harmless low-grade crackle flare, he sets the Burninator down, before picking up a stool smaller than him. "I'm not hiding anything up my sleeves - but now I am!"

The stool is now gone.

Degree grins. "Would you look at that." He reaches behind the closest foal's ears, and retrieves the stool. That done, he takes a long drink out of the bottle of rationed alcohol. "Aha. Okay, now scram, kids - shows over."

Abilities:
Multiple uses of You Don't Know Where It's Been. Taking 10 on all checks.
You Don’t Know Where It’s Been (3) – At Will
You can quickly hide any item smaller than yourself upon your person, making the object nigh-impossible to find. Make a Stealth check with a +15 bonus. The result becomes the DC for a perception check to beat in order to find the item. You can only have one such concealed item on your person at a time.
Espresso
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Faege on Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:30 pm

He nods approvingly at the initiative the pegasi have taken. "I intended to beginning arranging some sort of guard system. Your ponies look like the rough and tumble sort, and as the head of security of the ship - well, self appointed, but I think I have the most military experience - I figure we could make sure that the ship is safe and the crew are secure."

He takes a good look around the room. "But I see that you are currently busy with good work, so perhaps we can plan that later."

He then takes notice of Degree and his little performance - as well as the bottle of alcohol in his claws. While he is intrigued by the feats of magic performed by the dragon, the matter of their primary pilot being drunk is slightly more pressing. When the drake begins clearing out the children, Borealis will approach, looking pointedly at the alcohol. "...There are several ethical issues with this situation." He finally says after a lengthy pause. "Why are you drinking?"

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Espresso on Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:45 pm

"My ship blew up, a major deal fell through, a colony exploded and I'm stuck with people who question my habits." Degree takes another swig. "What about it?"
Espresso
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GreyVestibule on Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:57 pm

Seva seemed to stare at the two ponies for a moment as they explained themselves. Their practically solid-colored eyes also briefly twitched over in the direction of Copperette and Belgond, though Seva chose instead to refocus onto the two new ponies for the meantime, acknowledging their responses.

""Conditions and occupation noted,"" the ACHE stated.

That seemed to take care of the situation then. The kids were being aided by the medbay's field, and every other emergency situation had been treated. Perhaps this would be the best time to more thoroughly have a diagnosis of their own systems.

""No more medical emergencies detected, now engaging diagnostics measures.""

With Belgond and Copperette seeming more occupied, Seva turned their attention on the other technical specialist in the room, moving over to Golden Gears.

""Excuse us. Are you familiar with maintenance of nanomechanical constructs?"" they asked the mare.
GreyVestibule
GreyVestibule
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam on Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:43 pm

Belgond Copperette
The process of creating a fully automated and AI-stable robot would be difficult in normal circumstances, but on a rusty hospital ship with only spare parts to use, the task is momentously difficult - but somehow, Belgond pulls through. White hull plating and artificial fibers for mane replacements, optical receivers, spare voice boxes, ship-based computers repurposed to be processing units... Accompanied by the hum of the engine, Belgond eventually pulls back from the workstation - revealing a small filly-shaped robot, with a fluffy two-toned pink and purple mane and green tinged optical receptors, lying on the table. All that remains is to insert the AI data core, lying atop the work bench. So absorbed is Belgond in his work that he doesn't even notice that the data core is sitting atop a micro-imaging unit, which functions by releasing copious amounts of energy waves - x-rays, microwaves and more - and he doesn't realize this as he plugs the data core into the filly robot's head.

There is a moment's silence as the filly's 'eyes' brighten up with activity, and with a faint whirr, the robot sits up. "Unit designation 5W33713-807 online." It turns to face Belgond. "Creator:Belgond identified... uploading personality... ... ...Upload complete."

After a long pause, the robot smiles radiantly, the flexi-plate exterior functioning almost identically to normal pony skin. "Hiya, Sweetie Bot is fully operational! Please state my primary function!"

Seva
"Well..." Golden Gears glances at her prototype harness, and Seva recognizes the familiar process of Nano-machine reconfiguration as they form into a pair of micro-tools. "What do you need fixed?"
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:22 pm

Copperette watched in silence as Belgond brought various pieces together: white plating and purple fibers, serving a more obvious purpose than the small boxes or green boards, much less the numerous wires, tubes, bars, and other small pieces that seemed to hold the whole mess together. And yet, Copperette was awed as Belgond slowly transformed the mess of parts into a coherent machine, bars turning into a vague pony shape, the boxes and wires and tubes hanging to and fro. White plates were bent into a sort of shell, which in turn began to form a sort of "skin", the purple fibers becoming a fluffy mane and tail. The resulting filly proved much less disconcerting than the ACHE Seva had been, Copperette decided. In fact, it was almost...

Finally, Belgond inserted a small tube into her head, which Copperette assumed to be the filly's "mind". The filly sat up, and to Copperette's great delight began to speak:

AleneShazam wrote:"Hiya, Sweetie Bot is fully operational! Please state my primary function!"

"Omigosh!" Copperette squeaked. "You're so cute!" she said, reaching across the table to pull the filly into a crushing hug.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GreyVestibule on Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:31 pm

Noting the shifting of the harness around Golden Gears, Seva's systems increased the probability that this was a good choice, asking this mare.

""We have been experiencing errors in our systems. The most consistent has been a periodic activation of our damage detection systems while accessing recent memory data, even though self-diagnostics have not detected any damage. In addition, our artificial neural networks appear to malfunctioning with regards to recent adaptation needs. In one instance when we came on board, we anticipated the presence of one of the doctors who perished at the hospital. In another, we misidentified a pegasus in the medbay as the same doctor. Our current hypothesis is that there may be damage to at least one of our memory processing units which we cannot properly detect, or perhaps a corruption of some of our nanomechanical components.""
GreyVestibule
GreyVestibule
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken on Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:07 am

Belgond blinked as Copperette gave Sweetie Bot a crushing hug; He was thankful that he had designed her to be able to withstand such things to a degree, but the speed in which Copperette took to the robot was interesting. "Sweetie Bot, this is Copperette. She is your new..." Belgond considered his words carefully for a moment. He didn't like the idea of saying that Copperette was the robot's new owner; Sweetie Bot was an AI after all and having an owner would mean that she would have effectively been a slave. "... Sister. Copperette here is your new older sister. I trust you'll do what she tells you, okay Sweetie?"
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam on Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:28 am

Belgond Copperette
"Affirmative! My primary function is cuteness!" Sweetie Bot chirps cheerily. Her voice, despite having a slight electronic inflection, is almost indistinguishable from a real filly, full of joy and happiness. "Fact: Sweetie Bot is always cute!"

"We will be the best of sisters!" Sweetie Bot squeaks when Belgond's instructions arrive, hugging Copperette back. "My database indicates that sisterhood entails friendly activity such as the brushing of manes, collaborative cooking and assimilation of all bio-forms! This will be so much fun!"

Seva
Golden Gears puts a hoof to her chin as she listens to Seva's diagnosis. When their explanation is complete, Golden nods slowly, one of her arms morphing into a basic data transfer link, and her left eye turns from gold to green, signaling the activation of a processing implant. She moves the link towards Seva, before pausing to see their response. "Hm... I'll try and run a scan of my own, see if I find anything... I'd like to ask you a few questions in the meantime. How sophisticated is your emotional network? Would you consider it a significant part of your central processing? I know ACHEs sometimes have their emotional responses mapped out differently depending on the individual. Just so we have all bases covered."
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Faege on Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:34 am

"I just think that... as the chief pilot, you drinking might put the rest of the ship at risk is all." Borealis says. Although his abrupt attitude was surprising, Borealis could sympathize somewhat with the drake's plight. "That and, well, drinking in front of the children. Might not be the best example for the young ones."

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite on Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:23 pm

"Eee!" Copperette squeaked. "... Er. Wait. Assimilation into... What?" Copperette asked, leaning back to give Sweetie a questioning look.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam on Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:36 pm

Belgond Copperette
"Assimilation into the collective is inevitable!" Sweetie Bot beams. "Friendship has no limits! Quote: Hug all the things!"

She hugs Copperette slightly tighter, a wide smile on her face. "What should we do first, big sister?"
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next