FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Crystalite on Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:07 pm

Copperette gazed in awe as she walked with the Diamond Dog. The buildings were far higher than she had thought possible - she wondered what they could be made of to support the weight. Moreover, everywhere she looked was some strange new sight. Huge steel wagons littered the street unattended, glass panels showed images and colors, ponies and other stranger creatures read from thin slabs. She remained fairly quiet as she digested it - this may not be Equestria, but it was shaping up to be an interesting place, at least.

AleneShazam wrote:
Crystalite wrote:Copperette thought about the offer. Lacking better ideas, she nodded approval. "Alright," she said quietly. "If you think that'll help..."
Gristle leads Copperette through a series of quiet streets and alleys, until they come upon a winding path that goes up a hill. Seeing this, Gristle bites her lip, glancing down at her pipe-cane. "Mmm... nah. Not today." She says, before tapping the cane lightly against the ground. There's a cracking sound, and suddenly the pair are at the top of the hill, standing in front of a set of fairly standard looking industrial steel doors. Gristle pokes the buzzer, and a short while later, the doors open to reveal an earth pony mare with a dark coat and a brilliant golden mane, wearing some kind of harness with mechanical arms attached.

Copperette gasped at teh sudden teleportation - she had teleported before, but never so suddenly. There were rules when you teleported somepony!

Her indignation was cut off, however, by the mare who had opened the door. She stared in wide-eyed fascination at the mechanical... limbs? They certainly weren't hooves. Her eyes fell on the claws at the end, and she guessed they were intended to assist the earth pony wearing them to grasp and carry things, similar to her own telekinesis. Not, perhaps, the most efficient means but it apparently worked and it looked neat enough so...

AleneShazam wrote:"...Griselda? Why, you haven't visited in forever! Look at you, your fur's gotten all white! Where have you..." She looks, and notices the teenager lagging behind the diamond dog. "...Gris, why is there a filly behind you?"

Gristle scratches the back of her head with a paw. "It's Gristle, now. Ain't been Griselda since I had gray fur. And, well. The girl's a little lost." She gestures for Copperette to step forward. "This here is Golden Gears. She's an old friend of mine, real good with tech 'n' machines, if a little bit loopy about 'em."

"I... see. Well, I suppose I can't keep you waiting out here. I already have a guest inside, but if this is some kind of tech related problem I think he'll be able to help." She turns and walks back inside, beckoning for the two to follow with a mechanical arm.

Copperette shied a bit as she was introduced, but followed Granny inside nonetheless. Her head all but whirled at the sights to be seen - this place put her uncle's basement to shame! Everything seemed so much more interesting and polished...

Checks:
Perception, for looking around at what there is to look at. Arcana (Or Mechanics?) to understand.

First: 1d20 [6] + Perception [9] = 14

Second: 1d20 [3] = Derp

...although she couldn't wrap her head around what it could be. Nonetheless, it was fascinating to look at.

AleneShazam wrote:Once inside the workshop, Golden Gears gestures at one of the many seats arranged around a workstation. "It's a little messy, sorry... Ah, Mr. Belgond, could you come out for a moment? There's a situation that you might be able to help with." As she waits for the zebra to come, she looks over to Copperette. "So... you're lost? How did that happen?"

Her attention snapped back to the present situation, her head whirling away from a spinny-looking-thing to meet Golden Gear's eyes. "Oh! I, uh..." She stammered for a moment until she remembered what she was here for. She sat down on one of the offered seats as she thought back.

"I was in my uncle's basement," she started, not mentioning she wasn't supposed to have been. And... There was this big, chamber like thing I was looking around in. There was this lever I pulled -" She thought briefly, deciding to try and hide her foolishness "- by accident, and it... Did a thing. There was lights and sounds and everything was spinning and... Then I was falling." She shuddered at the memory. "I fell for a long time... Although it feels like it was just a little bit, somehow. Everything went black for a bit... And then I was on the street with Granny Gristle," she said, gesturing to the Diamond Dog.
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Senshuken on Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:03 pm

The last hour and a half of discussion and tinkering had honestly been one of the most enjoyable moments of his life! Just having someone that he could talk to about tech on an equal level for any length of time was hard this far away from home; Having that someone be a good looking and rather pleasant mare was a major bonus. Watching as the harness worked much better then it had when they started filled Belgond with a strong sense of pride at a job well done. However, before he could get a word in the doorbell rung and his hostess went to answer it.

Taking the time to himself in order to sit down and crack his neck, he softly began to softly mutter a small except of one of the great prayers "By the Cog, Screw and Wire, let this machine's spirit be blessed and serve its companion as loyally and faithfully as their ally is to them. Amen."

As Golden Gears called to him to come and assist with a situation that had arisen, Belgond stepped out of her private workshop and ran his half organic, half machine gaze over the elder diamond dog and the young mare that was with her. Listening to the mare's story, the eyebrow of his organic eye rose a little in surprise and thought. "It sounds like you were the victim of a blind teleporting." Considering that the only mare in the room that he knew must have had some knowledge of what he was speaking of was Golden, Belgond explained "A blind teleporting is what happens when someone uses a teleporter without setting a proper destination in, though it can also happen due to a malefaction in the teleporter itself. I recommend that you buy yourself a lottery ticket as soon as possible because you are insanely lucky right now; Considering that a blind teleport can send you anywhere, the fact that you popped into existence somewhere safe and sound at the right height to be above ground but not being high enough to hurt yourself badly when you landed on it is almost completely insane when you take the odds of it happening into account."

Before he could take a moment to actually consider the odds, Belgond decided to get back on track and help the currently lost young mare. "Anyway, it should be simple enough to get you back home. Do you know what planet and address you're from?"
avatar
Senshuken
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 393
Join date : 2013-08-08
Age : 25
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  GreyVestibule on Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:04 pm

After successfully identifying what may be a suitable substitute for what she had in mind, Seva also scanned through for anything else in the shop that might be interesting...



Perception Roll [Seva attempts to see if there is anything else in this shop that may be of interest]: 1D20+7 => 27 (What.)



… Until the sound of the shopkeeper caught her eye. Looking back and gauging the shopkeeper's immediate reaction, finding no immediate cause for alarm despite her expression, Seva engaged the shop keeper in conversation.

“Affirmative, we are an ACHE,” Seva said with a nod of their head that was almost a bow, “We have been visiting this colony to assist the local hospital with medical aid. “

Seva pointed a hoof at the biscuits that were currently the the object of their own personal “mission”.

“We are considering purchasing some of these for our colleagues”
avatar
GreyVestibule
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Posts : 173
Join date : 2014-11-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Crystalite on Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:34 pm

Copperette listened, trying to understand, before raising an eyebrow at an unusual question. "...Planet?" she asked, flabbergasted - was the stripey, mechanical pony implying...

"How could I have gotten onto another planet!?!" she asked, more to herself than anypo- anybody, getting up to pace around. "I mean, I knew Uncle Whooves was smart but no way was he doing anything that big! There's not enough power in Ponyville to do it with!" she exclaimed exasperatedly. "I mean, even if Princess Celestia came and powered it up you couldn't send somepony to another planet... Let alone a life supporting one! They haven't even discovered any yet!"
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Terrestial on Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:44 pm

Emblem, having found this occurance quite unusual and unsightly, was slightly unnerved. Speech of direct danger and such panicked motion were a bad omen. Was that escape from the scene so coordinated due to this group consisting of Changelings in disguise? Even if that was true, instances of panic getting a hold of so numerous a squad seemed unlikely. Pressing himself against the wall, as to avoid getting trampled by the escaping creatures, he pondered about the reasons behind such behaviour. What picqued Emblem's interest was what exactly could've been likely to alarm anypony to such an extent in a seemingly secure, residental area. It didn't seem an immediate danger of any kind. The pressure in the air he's been feeling since arriving here as well as the cargo he's been entrusted with, have done their part of raising his alertness. However, it was only this stampede that filled him with a sense of some dreadful foreshadowing. Dropping the idea of further studying the bulletin board due to the more present issue, the unicorn looks around, then approaches the minotaur, asking from behind the barrier:

"Excuse me, sir. Mind me asking if you happen to know what was that commotion about?"
avatar
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 190
Join date : 2015-06-03
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Faege on Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:36 pm

Borealis sighs, finally allowing the barrier to drop. Hardlight crumbles into a a fizzle of sparks, and he turns to the unicorn who just walked up to him. "I'm... not sure, honestly. I was just overseeing the meeting inside, when one of the boys told me there was a group of shady looking folk standing outside. I came out to investigate, and one of these nutcases came up and tried to bash his head in on my wall, gibbering about batteries and artifacts."

"Sounds real ominous, though." Borealis says. "They didn't hurt you or anything, right?"

Faege
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Posts : 189
Join date : 2015-06-29
Location : Going down in China Town

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  AleneShazam on Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:34 am

Crystalite wrote:Copperette listened, trying to understand, before raising an eyebrow at an unusual question. "...Planet?" she asked, flabbergasted - was the stripey, mechanical pony implying...

"How could I have gotten onto another planet!?!" she asked, more to herself than anypo- anybody, getting up to pace around. "I mean, I knew Uncle Whooves was smart but no way was he doing anything that big! There's not enough power in Ponyville to do it with!" she exclaimed exasperatedly. "I mean, even if Princess Celestia came and powered it up you couldn't send somepony to another planet... Let alone a life supporting one! They haven't even discovered any yet!"

"What do you mean they haven't..." The color drains from Golden Gear's face. "Oh. Oh. I'll be damned, I didn't think it was even possible..."

"I think... Belgond may have a point in this. Except instead of just spatial displacement, it... may also sent you along another dimension."

Gristle looks up sharply. "You're not saying that she...?"

Golden Gears coughs into a hoof. "Erm... congratulations, Miss Copperette, you may be the universe's first multi-millennial time traveler... welcome to the future?"


GreyVestibule wrote:After successfully identifying what may be a suitable substitute for what she had in mind, Seva also scanned through for anything else in the shop that might be interesting...



Perception Roll [Seva attempts to see if there is anything else in this shop that may be of interest]: 1D20+7 => 27 (What.)



… Until the sound of the shopkeeper caught her eye. Looking back and gauging the shopkeeper's immediate reaction, finding no immediate cause for alarm despite her expression, Seva engaged the shop keeper in conversation.

“Affirmative, we are an ACHE,” Seva said with a nod of their head that was almost a bow, “We have been visiting this colony to assist the local hospital with medical aid. “

Seva pointed a hoof at the biscuits that were currently the the object of their own personal “mission”.

“We are considering purchasing some of these for our colleagues”

Seva also identifies an actually very well stocked medkit that would probably do well for the hospital, priced at about 30 micro credits.

The shopkeeper nods. "Mmm. That'll be the dream flu, then. Weird thing, rumor has it that only gets ponies if they sleep - and I mean sleep, not the other... y'know - close to ponies who are infected... But you know that already, heh, being a doctor and all... Right, the biscuits. 5 micro creds for a tin of Sugarcrusts."

*OOC Note: Astral standard currency goes: Micro Credits -> Macro Credits -> Standard Credits (Often just Credits) in order of least to most valuable. A micro credit is about 1 USD, and the rest subject to plot convenience.

*More important OOC Note: Medkits have tangible gameplay effects!
Medkit:
Medkit
Out of combat, expend a medkit for a +5 bonus to a single heal check for healing injuries. Can be applied after the roll is made. You cannot carry more than 1 medkit at any point.
avatar
AleneShazam
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 988
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Senshuken on Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:59 am

Shazam wrote:"Erm... congratulations, Miss Copperette, you may be the universe's first multi-millennial time traveler... welcome to the future?"

Belgond didn't say anything right away. His mind was far to busy with other things to deal with the world around him at the moment. Instead his mind was already whirling away at the possiblity of creating a way to breach the fabric of time and space and move something from the present into the future intact. What many would have conceived as impossible had, with the very existence of the young mare in front of him, merely become an incredibly difficult challenge; Belgond liked incredibly difficult challenges.

Still, despite the gears that were already turning inside of his mind he felt the need to be social and prove that he was still a zebra, even if he had long tried to improve his body with blessed machinery for a long time now. "Well Ms, my name is Belgond, Adept Tech-Priest of tribe Deux and the Machine Cult. It would be my pleasure and a great honor to help find a way for you to go back home." A mechanical hoof was raised and offered to be shaken in a kind gesture.

Dice Rolls:

Requested Perception roll:
Roll(1d20)+9:
13,+9
Total:22

Mechanics- First thoughts/early ideas on how to create a successful time machine.
Roll(1d20)+20:
15,+20
Total:35
avatar
Senshuken
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 393
Join date : 2013-08-08
Age : 25
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Terrestial on Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:39 pm

Emblem was appreciative of the fact that the minotaur was more approachable than the panicked pack of ponies he's been a witness to just now. In all honesty, there was something sad to seeing one's own kin, scattering like a wild herd. One could hardly imagine what events took place on half of the galaxy's planets though. In that vast variety, even the most obscure examples of society's evolution emerged at times. Weighing the words of the sentry-look-a-like, the unicorn responded:

"I'm fine, thank you. I agree with it, sounding most ominous. Makes one wonder what would make such a large group disperse, wouldn't you agree? Who would be the ones coming that they seemed to mutter about..."

It crossed the unicorn's mind briefly that in such a situation perhaps stopping one of them for questioning could prove fruitful... he dismissed that thought though, as the memory of how frantically they seemed to have wished to leave this place crossed his mind.

"Also, dangerous artifacts? Here? Ain't this supposed to be a peaceful frontier colony?"


Those last senetences were said seemingly with a tone of slight surprise, yet with a hidden belief that it's hardly like this at the moment. Still, Emblem was interested whether the minotaur could enlighten him, presenting his view on the matter.
Also, dangerous afrtifacts... that sounded like something with a potentially high price label.
avatar
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 190
Join date : 2015-06-03
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Crystalite on Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:02 pm

Copperette stared agape. She was in... The future!?

She started to protest - but, almost as soon as she thought of it, something clicked in her mind. It all made sense - the long fall (A thousand years long, apparently), the advanced technology, the strange and alien creatures around her...

Or was she the alien?

She stared up at the stripey, cyborg pony - Belgond? - holding a mechanical hoof out to her. She slowly, numbly, pressed her own smaller hoof to it - unbelieving that she was here. In the future, on an alien world, bumping hooves with a cyborg. It seemed like something out of a novel (Did they still have novels in the future?).

She looked at their adjoined hooves as she processed it. Could it really be so bad? Canterlot had been unbearably dull in comparison. Her father, caring as he had been, seemed to ignore her potential when he wasn't ignoring her outright. How much had she actually lost?

After a quiet, tense moment, she smiled up at Belgond. "Actually... If you don't mind... I think I'll be okay here," she said with a quiet confidence. "I'm Copperette."
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Faege on Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:34 pm

"I don't know about dangerous... but there definitely is an old artifact in there." Borealis looks vaguely uneasy. "But I gotta admit that group-think thing was weird. I've been serving in a PMC most of my life and I haven't seen synchronization that good between ponies."
He sighs, reactivating the hardlight gauntlets. There's something afoot, he can feel it - but exactly what, he just can't tell for sure. "Do you have any idea what's going on? You look like the worldly type."

Faege
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Posts : 189
Join date : 2015-06-29
Location : Going down in China Town

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  GreyVestibule on Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:01 pm

Seva considered what they were being told, finding the idea to be incredulous, at least at first. A disease spread primarily by sleep? It didn't make sense, at least for a pathogen with standard biological vectors. But if it there was a metaphysical component at work, like a magic or curse of some kind...



Heal Roll [Seva contemplates alternative, sleep-focused infection vectors]: 1D20+17 => 34



At hoof though, was the matter of purchases. Seva nodded to the shopkeeper, and was about to initiate payment when they stalled, glancing at the medkit for a second before looking back.

""We also wish to purchase the medkit,"" they stated before holding a hoof out, ""We are ready to finalize this transaction.""
avatar
GreyVestibule
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Posts : 173
Join date : 2014-11-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Terrestial on Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:54 pm

"Agreed. Were they really ponies though? Changelings or robots, perhaps? It takes just one to engage in speech, while the rest serves as only a seemingly intelligent crowd..."

Seeing the minotaur's uneasiness, Emblem decides not to press for a moment. There was much to his behaviour telling of uncertainty. That he could reason with, yet it helped little his cause. The unicorn's muzzle spoke of some ongoing pondering.

"Well... as to how much that being worldy translates to the language of this scene's events, we're likely to see soon. Let me just recall a few things.."

That being said, the unicorn allows himself to take a few glances at the bulletin board, both getting straight the facts about the meeting and trying to put together whatever he's heard recently with the current state of affairs. He was likely to go from there..

Streetwise check: 23 + d20 (12) = 35
avatar
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 190
Join date : 2015-06-03
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  AleneShazam on Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:48 pm

Senshuken wrote:
Shazam wrote:"Erm... congratulations, Miss Copperette, you may be the universe's first multi-millennial time traveler... welcome to the future?"

Belgond didn't say anything right away. His mind was far to busy with other things to deal with the world around him at the moment. Instead his mind was already whirling away at the possiblity of creating a way to breach the fabric of time and space and move something from the present into the future intact. What many would have conceived as impossible had, with the very existence of the young mare in front of him, merely become an incredibly difficult challenge; Belgond liked incredibly difficult challenges.

Still, despite the gears that were already turning inside of his mind he felt the need to be social and prove that he was still a zebra, even if he had long tried to improve his body with blessed machinery for a long time now. "Well Ms, my name is Belgond, Adept Tech-Priest of tribe Deux and the Machine Cult. It would be my pleasure and a great honor to help find a way for you to go back home." A mechanical hoof was raised and offered to be shaken in a kind gesture.

Dice Rolls:

Requested Perception roll:
Roll(1d20)+9:
13,+9
Total:22

Mechanics- First thoughts/early ideas on how to create a successful time machine.
Roll(1d20)+20:
15,+20
Total:35
     

Belgond knows that, despite terrible impracticalities, time travel (both forwards and backwards in time) has been proven possible. It's virtually worthless due to the Novihoof principle stating that something that has happened or will happen are essentially the same thing, a fixed event that all contribute to the flow of time. The only real use for time travel is observation, thanks to the Novihoof principle (alongside invalidating the concept of free will, but Belgond tries not to think about that too much.) There are functioning temporal travel devices, and Belgond can easily design (if not build due to highly specialized parts) a basic concept of a time machine. Traveling more than several hundred years, however, is almost entirely unheard of - there are all sorts of rumors of time travelers reaching 'the end of time itself' or whatever scientifically inaccurate explanation they provide, but Belgond seriously doubts their legitimacy.

GreyVestibule wrote:Seva considered what they were being told, finding the idea to be incredulous, at least at first. A disease spread primarily by sleep? It didn't make sense, at least for a pathogen with standard biological vectors. But if it there was a metaphysical component at work, like a magic or curse of some kind...



Heal Roll [Seva contemplates alternative, sleep-focused infection vectors]: 1D20+17 => 34



At hoof though, was the matter of purchases. Seva nodded to the shopkeeper, and was about to initiate payment when they stalled, glancing at the medkit for a second before looking back.

""We also wish to purchase the medkit,"" they stated before holding a hoof out, ""We are ready to finalize this transaction.""

The possibility of a disease being spread by sleep seems almost counter intuitive: the immune system tends to be more active during rest, so for a disease to specialize in spreading during these times... although, on the topic of more magically sourced diseases, spellplagues and living spells were known to exist if exceedingly rare. Seva has not personally encountered such diseases yet, excluding this dream flu if the rumors were true, or if the disease Seva was treated was the rumored dream flu. Seva doubts that the disease they treated was the dream flu, as though virulent, it was easily cured and seemed relatively mundane.

"Cool." The shopkeeper hoofs over the medkit and the tin of biscuits, tucking the micro-credits away into a pouch.

Terrestial wrote:"Agreed. Were they really ponies though? Changelings or robots, perhaps? It takes just one to engage in speech, while the rest serves as only a seemingly intelligent crowd..."

Seeing the minotaur's uneasiness, Emblem decides not to press for a moment. There was much to his behaviour telling of uncertainty. That he could reason with, yet it helped little his cause. The unicorn's muzzle spoke of some ongoing pondering.

"Well... as to how much that being worldy translates to the language of this scene's events, we're likely to see soon. Let me just recall a few things.."

That being said, the unicorn allows himself to take a few glances at the bulletin board, both getting straight the facts about the meeting and trying to put together whatever he's heard recently with the current state of affairs. He was likely to go from there..

Streetwise check: 23 + d20 (12) = 35
Just before the trip, Emblem had reviewed significant deals to be made in the region; one of them involved a dispute between a mining agency and an archeological society, where the archeologists have unearthed some sort of archetype artifact that is the largest source of contention. There were worries that technology brought up from the archetype ruins could be dangerous, and indeed the bulletin indicates that only expert handlers should interact with the excavated artifact during the meeting.
OOC: Make of this information as you will; with your roll you can also just ask questions about the situation, whether for clarification or additional information, and I'll answer within reason.
avatar
AleneShazam
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 988
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Senshuken on Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:23 am

Crystalite wrote:After a quiet, tense moment, she smiled up at Belgond. "Actually... If you don't mind... I think I'll be okay here," she said with a quiet confidence. "I'm Copperette."

The fact that the supposed 'victim' of time displacement didn't actually want to go back to her own time was something of a road block to Belgond's future plans; Still, his curiosity was peeked as he considered finding a way to break and disprove the Novihoof principle once and for all. But that was a project that could be taken on at another time through, right now he had company!

Rolling his shoulders a little as he returned his hoof to the ground, Belgond decided to ask one of the important questions of the young Ms Copperette's life "Would you care to join us for a bit of an afternoon snack? We were just about to have a bit of a break from a brain storming session and this seems like as good an excuse as any to have a cup of tea as any." While he didn't know if Golden would mind being put upon as hostess, Belgond himself looked forwards to seeing what direction that the conversation over tea would head.

avatar
Senshuken
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 393
Join date : 2013-08-08
Age : 25
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Crystalite on Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:59 am

Copperette giggled a bit - they still had tea in the future, it seemed. "That sounds nice," she said.
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  AleneShazam on Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:34 pm

Borealis suddenly gets a very bad feeling, and purely on instinct, he throws himself forward just in time to have the entire meeting hall implode behind him, the shockwave nonetheless jarring him and sending Missive Emblem sprawling to the ground, hitting the stone painfully. A harsh screeching sound comes from the wreckage, and bizarrely, a column of black crystal begins rising out of the rubble, jagged spires erupting out from around the central column, spreading outwards like a slowly expanding field of deadly obsidian daggers. Borealis recognizes comrades and clients skewered on crystals or crushed under rubble, although a good number of them dig themselves out of the wreck before locking eyes with Borealis, signal for retreat with a hasty hand motion, and take to the streets, running towards the star port.



Degree has barely a moment's notice before a beam of green fire - no, roiling ionized air, superheated plasma - descends from the sky and impacts the streets, melting straight through metal and concrete and into the earth itself. The beam had just barely missed the house Degree was in, but the plasma continues through the concrete infrastructure meeting what Degree presumes to be a gas line, and then everything goes to shit. The entire gas supply of the block simply explodes, shattering the very streets and causing everything taller than 3 stories to collapse into the weakened ground, and for even the smallest houses to erupt into a blazing conflagration. This time, Degree isn't exempt from the hazard, and Degree just manages to duck for cover as the house around him turns into an inferno, walls blowing inwards and peppering him with shrapnel. The wave of heat that follows almost knocks him over by sheer air pressure, and Degree becomes acutely aware that the intense heat there, accompanied by environmental hazards, could easily hurt and even kill him.



Seva leaves the shop with what could probably be interpreted as a contented heart, but that quickly goes away as they feel vibrations in the ground. It takes them a solid minute of galloping to realize that, by going towards the source of the vibrations, they were approaching the hospital. Seva rounds a corner just as they notice a solid beam of plasma cut through one of the hospital wings, vaporizing the structure and leaving the rest of the building a smoking wreck. There seems to be activity in the front of the hospital, two figures pushing what looks to be occupied hospital beds out of the smoldering structure.



"Well... if we're going out for tea, might I offer a suggestion?" Golden Gears says, clapping her hooves together. "It's quite nice, it's a streetside cafe with a reasonable menu and a really nice owner." She stands up, looking at the others. "But... we can decide on the way out. Grisel... Gristle, are you joining us?"

Gristle shrugs. "I could use a good cup of tea. Never had ten micro-creds to my name in the past six months, might be good to have actual food for a change."

As Golden Gears throws the doors to the workshop open, she sees a beam of green plasma, easily wide enough to engulf an entire house and then some, slam into the more scrappy part of town and ignite the gas supply, turning it into a burning inferno. The city center faired no better either, as what seems to be a jagged field of crystals consume structures and apparently grow from the material, spreading faster and faster into the neighboring districts. As she watches, however, another beam of green cuts across the medical sector, and then the real hell begins as a simple shimmering in the air, in the hazy shape of an orb - energy in its purest form - begin to drop from the skies, and vaporize entire blocks of Daedalus-2.

"Ah... shit." She swears, as her mechanical arms morph into pegasi wings. "I guess now's a good time as any to test the speed on this thing..."

Gristle comes up behind her, before turning to Copperette nervously. "You know what I said about not running? Yeah, I take that back. RUN, FILLY, RUN!" She points to the starport before starting off, her movements surprisingly nimble for one bound to a walking pipe.
avatar
AleneShazam
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 988
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Senshuken on Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:39 pm

Despite the complete and utter carnage that he was witnessing before his very eyes, it took a moment for Belgond to register what was going on. Even if he was upgraded, it still took some time for his mind to swap from 'Going to enjoy a delightful cup of tea (and possibly some sort of desert to go alongside it) with a beautiful and intelligent mare, an old but surprisingly endearing diamond dog woman and a young mare from the past that he had been looking forwards to having a very interesting conversation with about the past and present' mode to 'Oh shit, we're under attack and everything is being reduced to molten glass!' mode.

Once his mind had caught up with events however, it started to do as many different tasks as possible in order to ensure the likely hood of all of them making it out of this alive. First off, he quickly reached over and placed his hoof on Copperette's barrel; She would feel a quick and relatively painless pinch before the metal hoof was placed back on the ground and Belgond started running with the tactical information that his chip provided started to load up. He would have tagged the diamond dog as well but she had already taken off running at a surprisingly fast pace. "Come on Copperette! We'll talk about things after we've ensured we're not going to die!"

Even as he started to run, he made sure to pay attention to those around him to make sure he could help them if they tripped up or started to slow down... while looking towards the devastation that was the destruction of Daedalus-2, trying to record what he was seeing and trying to work out what weapons were being employed in order to do this; Knowing the weapons would give him an idea of just who was attacking them and thus give him some idea as to the why.

He also tried to remember if Daedalus-2 had anything defensively that he might have been able to turn on and pay those fleeing the destruction a fighting chance and if so where it was... and if it had been destroyed yet.

Dice Rolls:

Acrobatics- Running for the Spaceport.
Roll(1d20)+12:
10,+12
Total:22

Acrobatics- Helping the slowest member of the group with running.
Roll(1d20)+12:
2,+12
Total:14

Perception- Daedalus-2 and what hasn't been destroyed yet (Eagle Eye for the win)
Roll(1d20)+9:
7,+9
Total:16

Mechanics- Recognizing and analyzing enemy weapons.
Roll(1d20)+20:
12,+20
Total:32

Mechanics- Locations of any of Daedalus's defenses and if its worth trying to get them online at this point.
Roll(1d20)+20:
8,+20
Total:28

Sorry for the number of rolls, but Belgond likes to get a lot done when under pressure like this.
avatar
Senshuken
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 393
Join date : 2013-08-08
Age : 25
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  GreyVestibule on Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:56 pm

Seva hesistated for a moment as their collective being processed what was happening. Of all the things they had anticipated needing to handle on this colony, this was beyond the scope of expectation. Their work, and the work of all staff... Were they okay?



History Roll [Seva compares her memory of the hospital's layout with what she's witnessed to figure out if the Panacea doctors might have been in the attacked wing]: 1D20+9 => 11



Seva broke into a gallop, anticipating – perhaps more accurately, hoping – that the Panacea doctors themselves were okay.

""We are ready for duty, please advise!"" they shouted as they approached the figures.
avatar
GreyVestibule
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Posts : 173
Join date : 2014-11-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Espresso on Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:58 am

"What the crap?" Degree looks around wildly for a break in the fire, his wings beating furiously to gain a better vantage point. Somehow that happened - and just as he was about to get the deal done, the assholes! - whoever did this was going to get burned... once he gets out, of course. "Come on... gotta get back to the ship, gotta find a way to the port..."

Perception to find path: (11) + 10 = 21
Acrobatics to fly to safety using the rising hot air as leverage: (10) + 13 = 23


Last edited by Espresso on Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 279
Join date : 2015-11-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Crystalite on Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:51 am

AleneShazam wrote:Gristle comes up behind her, before turning to Copperette nervously. "You know what I said about not running? Yeah, I take that back. RUN, FILLY, RUN!" She points to the starport before starting off, her movements surprisingly nimble for one bound to a walking pipe.

Copperette started to panic....

Senshuken wrote:First off, he quickly reached over and placed his hoof on Copperette's barrel; She would feel a quick and relatively painless pinch before the metal hoof was placed back on the ground and Belgond started running with the tactical information that his chip provided started to load up. He would have tagged the diamond dog as well but she had already taken off running at a surprisingly fast pace. "Come on Copperette! We'll talk about things after we've ensured we're not going to die!"

... and then winced as Belgond pinched her, suddenly feeling more focused and energetic as she fell in behind him. Her mind thought back to earlier in the day (Well, a thousand years ago) when she had came to Ponyville. A rather strange pink pony (who had otherwise been fairly nice) had insisted on showing her how to do "the Ponyville thing", in case something happened.

"First, you take a reeeaaally deep breath!" She had said. Copperette gasped as she inhaled.

"Theeen you pick up your hooves, and RUUUUN!" She screeched. Copperette started running.

"And you have to remember the panicked screaming!" she had explained. "It's the most important part!"

Athletics:
Doing the Ponyville thing. Not including Belgond's assistance roll. Note, I am not willing to run ahead of him.

Result: 1d20 [18] + Athletics [6] + Freaky Knowledge (Running) [5] = 29
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Faege on Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:16 am

Borealis rolls his shoulders, activating both hardlight projectors but not yet projecting anything - just in case. "That was... unexpected." Borealis looks to the town hall, his face impassive but very visibly trembling - from rage, or from fear. He wasn't quite sure which. "Damn..."

He reaches down and helps the unicorn back up, saying, "You took a pretty hard fall - nothing hurt too badly, right? We need to reach the evacuation point ASAP, come on, get moving!"

He starts running once he ensures that the unicorn is up and moving.


Athletics: 10 + 18 = 28 to run.
Using Telekinesis/Hardlight Projection to ward off any falling structures, or to smooth out pathways.

Faege
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Posts : 189
Join date : 2015-06-29
Location : Going down in China Town

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  AleneShazam on Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:23 pm

Despite the havoc, the relative isolation of Golden Gear's workshop means for the first few minutes, the group runs with little obstruction. Belgond's enhancements allow him to take the lead fairly easily, and with a little encouragement, he manages to help Gristle, who despite her dexterity, is still an aged individual, along as well.

He then turns to identify destroyed sectors of the city, but at this point, it's more sensible to look for what little that hasn't - mainly, the docks, and the industrial zone. Most of the city's defenses lies in ground-to-air missile and energy cannons that theoretically are able to bring down a battlecruiser, but judging by the size of the dark shape - which blots out the sun entirely as well as much of the sky - it's unlikely that the defenses would be able to even make a dent in the thing. The enemy seems to be in orbit, hovering well out of range of the city's defenses, and bombarding the city.

What Belgond finds interesting is that the enemy uses both plasma and pure energy bombardment, both of which are practically unfeasible by modern standards. Plasma is mainly used in personnel combat due to how rapidly the ionized air dissipates when generated by modern means, which renders it impractical for ship to ship combat. For suborbit bombardment... well, that's virtually impossible for current technologies. As for pure energy weaponry, that's never been seen before. Like, ever. It's always been purely theoretical, and even then, very rarely theorized upon.

OOC: Copperette and Belgond, make another athletics/acrobatics/endurance check to keep running.



The fire actually works to the advantage of the drake, as a warm updraft begins to carry him up and his wings guide him towards towards a relatively safe looking path...
"Wa...wait!" Degree suddenly feels a hoof grab onto him, and he turns to see the mare clutching onto a leg, her face a mask of panic. "I can't get out of this alone! You have to help me! I- I have money! And- and influence! Whatever you wanted, I could give you! Just please just help me!"

OOC: Whatever you do in response, Degree has to make another acrobatics/athletics/endurance check to stay safely in the air.



"Oh god, Seva! It... it all happened so fast, we couldn't even..." Clean Cut rushes up to meet them, wiping blood from a cut in his forehead. "Swabs just went back in to get the children from the pediatric ward! Strongheart and I have the rest of the patients covered - you can shapeshift, navigating the wreck should be easier! Go help her!"

Seva hears a shout of surprise from the patients sitting dazed in front of the hospital as Strongheart barrels out of the flaming hospital, carrying two more stunned looking patients, depositing them on the ground, before rushing back in. Clean Cut immediately runs to them to check on their vitals, confirming that they can walk, and then ordering them to the starport. "You're okay now, on your hooves! Lets go!"

OOC: Same deal, acrobatics/athletics/endurance to keep moving and not burn to death. Depending on how long you're willing to stay inside, do consecutive rolls, with 5 minutes per roll.
avatar
AleneShazam
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 988
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Espresso on Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:36 pm

Degree stares coldly at the mare before whipping, seemingly out of thin air, a flamethrower/grenade launcher/incendiary assault rifle three-in-one: The Burninator, his custom weapon that was just a tad shorter than he was.

"No."

He unloads a napalm grenade into the mare's face and flies off, leaving the singed pony to fall to her doom as he flies to safety.

"I'm a smuggler, not an idiot."

Acrobatics to fly: 13 + 13 - 5 = 21

Abilities used:

Firebreath/Spyrotechnics combo!
Spyrotechnics Pyrotechnics (4) – At Will
Preparation Time – 6 Seconds
You can turn a flame into either a burst of blinding fireworks (blinding all creatures that see it within 120-ft of the fire source) or a thick cloud of smoke (extending 20 feet in all directions from the fire source and lasting 18 seconds).

Firebreath (1)
You can safely create small puffs of flame at will. These puffs of flame are identical to a torch in many respects and are capable of burning objects and lighting fires outside of combat just as a torch might. Puffs of flame are ordinary fire, they extinguish quickly without tinder.
avatar
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 279
Join date : 2015-11-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Senshuken on Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:59 pm

As Belgond kept moving, making sure to keep at a pace so that he could be there if someone started to fall behind, his mind started to process the weapons that he was witnessing being deployed rather liberally against the settlement below and thus connect the dots to try and work out who was firing them. The idea that this was being done by the Griffins and their allies was cast aside almost immediately for being completely insane; In order for them to be able to do something like this they would have had to completely revolutionize several major keystones of their current technology as well as create and master several other fields from the ground up.

This left two other options, the least horrifying was the idea that this was simply the first encounter of a brand new, unknown faction on the galactic stage that had no desire for diplomacy or taking prisoners. The second, more terrifying option was that the Archetypes had finally come back to reclaim what was theirs, just like his ancestors in the Deux Tribe had feared back in the early days of space flight. Still, that was something to be discovered later on. Right now they needed to get to the docks and secure a ship before it got bombarded and they were stuck here to be slaughtered like fish in a griffin barrel.

Looking towards where they were running, he tried to venture a guess on how long it would take them to get there and hopefully on the first step to safety. Maybe save a number of other beings as well if possible.

Dice Rolls:

Acrobatics- Keep running:
Roll(1d20)+12:
7,+12
Total:19

Acrobatics- Help others keep running:
Roll(1d20)+12:
12,+12
Total:24

Perception- Distance to dock/ship:
Roll(1d20)+9:
16,+9
Total:25
avatar
Senshuken
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 393
Join date : 2013-08-08
Age : 25
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum