FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Page 4 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Terrestial on Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:46 pm

After the initial impact, the unicorn lay for a moment on the ground, grumbling some inappropriate words. What might have caught the minotaur's reaction was that he seemed really jaded.. looking only surprised, as he double-checked his horn afterwards. Emblem's seen some crazy stuff in his life and most of it was due to himself... well, his magic, preciselt. This one wasn't as bad, actually. Although he wavered for a moment, seeing the ponies, running away from the building, his thoughts swirled around the archetype artifact that was mentioned. He knew it was here and was likely to have caused that accident, considering how it's been qualified as potentioally dangerous. For a moment, he considered a potential opportunity of a grand scale... as he stated:

"I'm alright. One sec though; these ones need help!"

Thinking fast, he's started assisting the ones struggling to get from under the rubble*, as he shouted, addressing both the ones in the buliding as well as the minotaur:

"Guys! Where exactly is the artifact that's behind this? We need to secure that to get safe!"**


*Athletics assistance check: 8 + d20 (10) = 18

**Persuasion check: 18 + d20 (14) = 32
avatar
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 190
Join date : 2015-06-03
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  GreyVestibule on Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:04 pm

""Commencing recovery!"" Seva shouted, leaping into the hospital – they did not hesitate for even a moment.

As they made their way to the pediatric ward, they eyed the fires and damaged sections of the building's structure, attempting to move deftly around them while keeping in mind how to potentially evacuate the Swabs and the foals. They maintained their stoic expression but their internal threat sectors were practically blaring alarms. They were very aware that they could burn. They had a responsibility though, and they would save whoever they could before the hospital – before the colony as a whole – was compromised.



Declaration: Going for 3 consecutive rolls. 15 minutes seems like the maximum amount of time to afford trying to save any pony with how much everything is going to heck.

Acrobatics Roll 1: 1D20+7 => 8 (...)
Acrobatics Roll 2: 1D20+7 => 11
Acrobatics Roll 3: 1D20+7 => 23
avatar
GreyVestibule
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Posts : 173
Join date : 2014-11-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Crystalite on Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:09 pm

Athletics:
Moar running.

Result: 1d20 [15] + Athletics [6] + Freaky Knowledge (Running) [5] = 26
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Faege on Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:05 am

Borealis gives a brief nod of approval at this course of action before using his manipulator and natural strength to shift rubble aside as well. It's wise to run, but if they can find out what caused this... once he gets off world, he can prevent this from happening to other colonies. "The artifact should be at the center of the meeting hall - I can use my hardlight to form a bridge over the crystals, but it'll not last for long. Search quickly, I'll see what I can do about the ponies!"


Actions:
Expending another use of Hardlight Manipulation
Calling Hop/Skip/Jump (with upgrade) for Athletics, allowing me to roll 3d12 instead of 1d20.
Freaky knowledge lifting and breaking.
Athletics to shift rubble and rescue ponies:
3d12 + 18 + 5 = 28 (9, 9, 10) + 18 + 5 = 51 for search and rescue.

Faege
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Posts : 193
Join date : 2015-06-29
Location : Going down in China Town

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Terrestial on Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:13 pm

"Got it."

The unicorn responded with conviction prevalent in his voice. He was glad that the minotaur has decided to help him out, for whatever reason it's been. If he made a mistake in appraising his usefulness in this situation, it was only in how much he exceeded Emblem's expectations. The black crystal, growing amidst the ruins had a truly foreboding air to air, hence the trader considered himself lucky to be able to make use of the newly formed hardlight bridge. All the more, as its transparent structure didn't obscure the vision as much as a regular structure of this kind would. Missive ventured forward, stepping over it and scanned the area thoroughly, trying to locate the artifact as well as the most convenient route for securing it. * Hopefully, it didn't get covered in this obsidian-like strcuture yet, for it would mean having a hard time recovering it..

During his search, he's attempted to contact the crew of this ship he's arrived here in:

"Pilot! This is code-red emergency! Set for sector Y79-X23 at once! Prepare for retrieval protocol 17! Disregard the airspace restrictions! The city's under attack! I repeat! This is code-red emergency! They're going for civilian zones! Starport's where the danger's at! Get yourselves outta there!"

Perception check: 13 + d20 (13) = 26
avatar
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 190
Join date : 2015-06-03
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  AleneShazam on Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:30 pm

Seva
Try as they may, Seva is not built for rescue operations, and within moments of entering the burning building, Seva makes a critical misstep that sends them toppling forward, through the weakened floorboards, and into the hospital basement where most of the medical supplies are kept. Now, the pressure is on - Seva has maybe fifteen minutes before the whole building goes, and now they're lying dazed in a pile of smoldering wood. They shake themselves off and clamber to their feet, but the heat already begins to take its toll as Seva's visuals begin to blur slightly. Nonetheless, the ACHE soldiers on, making slightly better progress and after five or so minutes of fighting past smoke and flames, reaches the fire stairs and manages to quickly move to the floor where the pediatric ward is located.

"Seva- Seva is that you?" Seva recognizes Swabs' voice through the smoke, and as they were instructed, Seva moves in to assist her in pushing children out of the ward. A quick look confirms that she had thrown the window open, and tossed the light-weight pegasi children out. Dangerous, but in the grand scheme of things, safer than keeping them inside a burning building. "Seva, get the kids to safety- I'll find my own way out!" There's a creaking sound, and through the smoke a small unicorn filly is tossed at Seva, just as the doorway to the pediatric ward collapses with a terrible crash. Seva manages to scoop the filly out of the throw, placing her down safely.

A small group of children look up at Seva, fear shimmering in their eyes. Meanwhile, the fire burns brighter and hotter, and Seva finds it harder and harder to focus on anything. They have to make a decision: leave with the children, or stay to find Swabs. There's no time to do both.



Belgond Copperette
The port is maybe half an hour's walk away, and probably half of that if the group kept a steady running pace.

"Belgond!" Belgond hears Golden Gears shout at him. "There's... there's something I need to get from a storage unit! It's a portable shield generator - just a prototype, but it might buy us enough time if things get even worse! You just keep the filly safe, I'll meet you at the port!"

She peels off from the group, heading towards one of the few still standing sectors of the city. Gristle, who is keeping close to Copperette, groans at Golden Gears' proclamation. "Darn... engineer, always fussing over her toys! Can someone please make sure she don't get herself killed?" The dog yelps as she stumbles over a rough patch, but Belgond just manages to catch her mid fall. "Tch- not as flexible as I used to be, then."

Turning to Copperette, Gristle asks, "You holdin' up okay, filly?"



Degree
The mare's eyes widen as the canister drops in front of her, and she barely has a moment to react before she drops out of the sky, trailing smoke and flames.

"That's cold." Flying beside Degree, having just swooped out from behind a cloud, is a male griffon with a dark coat and bright, almost neon purple highlights on the tips of his primary feathers. "I mean, it made sense - drake wings aren't exactly built for passenger carrying, but still. That's pretty real, buddy."



Borealis Emblem
Through the communication link, Emblem hears a distressed, "Negative! We've got panicked civilians knocking on our doors trying to escape by our ship! We'll try to get to you, but it's gonna be tough to do that without hurting any civilians!"

His offer for help, however, does not go unheard, and some of the surviving meeting members point Emblem towards the center of the rubble before being ferried out by Borealis' hardlight and telekinetic manipulation. Borealis himself is like a one-minotaur rescue force, plowing his way though rubble, pulling out as many as he can before the crystal reaches them.

Eventually Emblem's search pays off as he comes across what looks like a canister encased in clear, not black, crystal, and it seems as though the black crystal surrounding it is forcing the canister out of its structure. As he watches, the canister is lifted out of the obsidian field by a few pillars of dark crystal, where it rolls off and onto the hardlight bridge.
avatar
AleneShazam
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 992
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Crystalite on Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:46 pm

Fear was in her her hindbrain. She wasn't quite conscious of it - she was focused on running, mainly - but in the back of her head she worried, unsure that she would make it and unable to do anything more than run, and trust Belgond to lead her the right way. She scarcely registered the spaceship looming overhead, much less what was casting it. She had no idea what technological wonder Belgond must have had in mind to escape. She could only run - and even that seemed futile, in and of itself. She was panting heavily, having given up on screeching in preference of breathing. Her hooves pounded on, however, keeping pace with Belgond and Gristle. "Y... Yeah... I'm... Okay!" she worked out in between gasps.
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Espresso on Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:22 am

"I'm really not interested in an early grave because some mare got too clingy." Degree keeps his eyes glued to his target - the docks can't be too far. "You got a problem with that?"

Perception to find way to docks: 4 + 10 = 14.
avatar
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 284
Join date : 2015-11-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  GreyVestibule on Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:10 pm

This situation was not ideal. Given the conditions, it made sense that a 100% success rate with rescuing Swabs and the foals was unlikely. A potential for choice was at hand. Seva's neural networks called on experiences with triage. Searching for Swabs in the ward, or looking after the young ones. The likely outcomes and benefits of either...

Searching for Swabs. It would increase her survival chance, at a detriment to the children.  However, she was a skilled physician, into whom years of training and education had been invested. Her skills would be invaluable for the near future. With the damage being suffered, those who escaped would no doubt need medical attention. The children, conversely, were untrained, and would require more resources and attention to maintain, which could be serious without enough qualified adults around.

Leaving with the children, on the other hand... Naturally it increased their survival chance to Swabs' detriment. Unlike Swabs though, the children had a significantly lower survival rate on their own because they were still developing. While they were not as useful now, they did have a potential to contribute to society as well, though further down the line. Swabs at least had a greater chance of finding an escape and flying out herself. That was assuming she did not face a danger which prevented her from moving out though. The collapse of the door could have only been the start of something more cataclysmic in the pediatric ward. Besides all that, Swabs did tell Seva to take the children out of there, but could she have possibly anticipated the break down in the doorway?

The ACHE ultimately did not take too long to calculate which option might be best, though Seva still ran background processes on the situation, "worried" either way about approaching the situation correctly. They would just have to do what the could. Seva looked over the children, quickly surveying them to make sure she didn't leave any behind.

""Follow us, we will lead you to safety,"" Seva instructed, pointing at herself before going down the hall.

They kept an eye between the children and what was ahead as the ACHE tried to make sure they made it out without another tumble. They fanned their wings out slightly, trying to beat them enough to keep the smoke at bay and away from the children. At the same time, there was tingling sensation near Seva's horn as she sent out a telepathic signal to Clean Cut and Strongheart – the two at least had the greatest chance of receiving it. It was an unfortunately finicky method of communication. Without a line of sight it tended to take a while of "tuning" to and familiarity with the receiver to have it work. And that was assuming they would be receptive to it in this stressful situation. Seva needed to give it a try though.

<<Alert. This is Seva, currently guiding children to exit. Swabs still trapped in pediatric ward.>>

Short and too the point. Ideally the message would not distract the doctors from what work they needed to do, and if they could afford to, ideally they could find some one with wings to help assist Swabs. No guarantee, but it gave her more of a chance.
avatar
GreyVestibule
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Posts : 173
Join date : 2014-11-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Senshuken on Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:43 pm

Belgond was conflicted as he looked between the docks that were so close yet so far away and the direction that Golden Gears was heading in, the distraction almost causing him to miss Gristle's stumble but he managed to catch the elder diamond dog easily enough. Offering the older woman a playful tone to his voice, the zebra countered "I'm kind of glad that old age has slowed you down, I don't think any of us could have kept up with you otherwise."

Making at least one attempt at humor, he considered his options properly. He could go with Copperette and Gristle to the docks and try to secure a place on a ship off planet but that would require leaving Golden Gears to do what she needed to do alone in a city that was literally being wiped out block by block. If he went to follow Golden, they could secure a device that might buy some time to get more people onto ships and off the planet alive but doing so would possibly lead to both of them being left behind when the limited number of positions on the ship filled up...

Pressing his hoof against Gristle's side, the old diamond dog would feel a quick pinch before Belgond broke away to follow Golden Gears. "I need you two to look after each other and get yourself onto a ship. If possible, try and get them to save a spot for me and Golden but if push comes to shove get the hell out of here. I've got both of you chipped and if you get into serious trouble I'll know and I'll come to help as soon as possible. Now get going!"

Turning away from the filly and the diamond dog, he had to have faith that they would both be fine while he sprinted off to follow Golden Gears to provide whatever help and support he could.

Dice Rolls:
Acrobatics- Running to catch up with Golden Gears:
Roll(1d20)+12:
10,+12
Total:22
avatar
Senshuken
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 398
Join date : 2013-08-08
Age : 25
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Terrestial on Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:59 pm

"Damn, already!? Urgh... wanted to get them from a safer spot..." - the unicorn grieved, knowing well that there was no telling to the panicked masses that more could be saved if they were loaded from a different spot - "Alright, get them on board! Act quick, don't overload and be ready when i get there. Maintain radio contact. In case you're done before i reach you, track to last location and we'll meet halfway. If you lose connection at any point... assume i'm dead and take off when you're ready. You're sitting ducks there. Copy that, pilot!" - not all of it was easy for Emblem to say, but if he were to lose the ship due to that situation, he was good as dead anyway, at least in eyes of some...

Why, oh why didn't the invaders wait just a few hours!? - thought the pony, looking around - had they done so, he'd have the ship cleared from the cargo and credits secured. He just knew he'd be long cursing that meeting after this day... assuming he'll live through that. Having spotted the canister and the peculiar effect of it, being forced out of the crystal, he jumped at the opportunity, grabbed the canister and began to evacuate himself from the builiding, heading towards the starport.

"Got it!" - Emblem shouted to the minotaur clearly.
avatar
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 190
Join date : 2015-06-03
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Faege on Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:20 pm

Feeling the pressure lift - if only partially - Borealis sighs and looks to the direction of the star port."Alright, let's bug out - don't feel comfortable being so exposed."

He mentally wills the hardlight to bring the unicorn back to safety, dropping him down onto the ground and dissolving the construct. "Alright, let's move!"

Faege
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Posts : 193
Join date : 2015-06-29
Location : Going down in China Town

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  AleneShazam on Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:06 am

Seva
The children, despite being terrified, follow instructions well enough for Seva to lead them back from the path he came (this time not falling into the storage basement) and managing to push them out of the burning building without any of the children getting seriously injured, although a few do suffer minor burn wounds.

The first thing Seva notices is that Strongheart appears to be missing. The next thing they realize is that Clean Cut seems to be close to tearing his mane out in distress. "That damn stallion... he'd better not - Seva! You're safe, and the kids are too! Oh thank the Princess, I'd thought... no, there's no time to lose, we need to get the patients as far away as possible! If the fire reaches the volatile chemicals section of the supplies, the whole place could explode!"

He takes a shuddering breath, and begins directing the remaining adult patients, only a few stragglers, towards the star port, occasionally looking back at the hospital and biting his lip nervously.



Belgond
It doesn't take long for Belgond to catch up to Golden Gears - she really didn't stray too far from the road, just a couple of crossings in, where she's trying her best to pry what looks to be a door to a storage facility open. "Belgond, you followed me! But... what about Griselda and the filly?" Golden's eyes widen, though she does seem to sound relieved that Belgond followed. A little help from Belgond is more than enough to pop the door open, and the pair is faced by a corridor lined with locked storage doors. Golden scans the corridor, frowning.

"It's Unit 27... There should be a remote access panel somewhere, but - do you want to try your luck with disabling the electronic locks on the door? I'll see what I can do with the panel, I might be able to make that easier."



Copperette
As Belgond leaves, Gristle turns to Copperette, genuine worry in her eyes. "Listen, little pup, I know stripes said to stick together, but lets be real - I be a old bag of bones, and ya got some strong running legs. If I get stuck or fall or somethin', I'd rather a young filly like you make it than try to help an old dog on her last legs. You gotta run, kay? Run to that there star port - shouldn't be more than a few more minutes now - and tell 'em there are two technicians on their way. That oughta save spaces for Goldie and stripes. Promise me you'll do that."

She slows for a few moments, but quickly resumes her previous pace. "Don't make an old lady worried, now."



Degree
The dense smoke prevents Degree from being able to navigate effectively, and the griffon distracting him certainly isn't helping. Unfazed by Degree's question, the griffon shrugs. "I don't got a problem with it personally, no,"

"But this is business." Turning quickly in the air, the griffon lashes out at Degree, who fails to see the threat coming until its almost too late - the drake manages to swerve out of the way, but the motion throws him off his balance, and the griffon lunges at him with claws bared - but this time, Degree has plenty of time to react.



Borealis Emblem
Borealis turns and makes his getaway, but Emblem finds it slightly more difficult as the obsidian crystals seem to hound his motions - as he leaps off the light bridge, a pillar of crystal shoots up that misses him by a small distance - not nearly enough to be dangerous, but enough to inspire alarm. As the two run back towards the star port, the crystals follow - it seems the field is no longer expanding omni-directionally, rather focusing all of its growth into hunting down the pair.

Suddenly, a beam of plasma comes screaming down and cuts across the crystals, but instead of vaporizing the field like most other things, the crystals seem to absorb the green energy and then -

CRACK! Shards of crystal fill the air, some just missing impaling Emblem and Borealis by a hair, scattering across in front of them. Which promptly start growing obsidian fields of their own. As they watch, the road becomes slowly filled with crystal, leaving only a rapidly shrinking main exit and a few side paths that lead to Princess knows where.


Last edited by AleneShazam on Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:26 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
AleneShazam
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 992
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Senshuken on Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:23 am

Belgond was glad that he had caught up to Golden without much in the way of issues. Seeing that she was attempting to open up a door the largely mechanical zebra was more then happy to lend a hoof to the effort and managed to get them both into the building. "Of course I'd come. Not going to let you run off alone in a city under attack now am I?" Belgond tried to make light of the situation that they were in, but a shift in his tone was all the signal needed to show that he was back to taking this seriously. "I have them both chipped, if they get into trouble I'll know about it. Don't worry about the panel, I've got this..."

Moving towards the door of Unit 27, Belgond took a moment to unclasp and shake off the red robe of his order in order to free himself up fully for what he had in mind; An act that reveled the full extent of just how augmented he truly was. While all four of his legs seemed to have been exchanged for mechanical limbs for various reasons, his chest and barrel also shared a good deal of cybernetic enhancement as well; a large green light in his chest seemed to pulse with some kind of power, suggesting that it was where the power source of his teleporter could be found. Removing the robe also reveled that Belgond had a pair of metal 'arms' of his own on his back, through instead of claws and hands on the ends one had a buzz saw and the other had what appeared to be a blow torch of sorts.

With these new toys reveled, the saw buzzed to life while the torch started to burn as both arms were moved towards the door to do what had to be done as quickly as possible. Time was a factor after all.

Actions:

Fabricate (3) – 2/Day
Preparation Time: 5 Seconds  
You convert up to (Your Level × 30) cubic feet of material of one sort into a product that is of the same material. Thus you could fabricate a wooden bridge from a clump of trees, a rope from a patch of hemp etc. Creatures or magic items cannot be created or transmuted by the Fabricate talent. The quality of items made by this spell is commensurate with the quality of material used as the basis for the new fabrication, thus using rotten wood for construction would result in a rotten wooden bridge. You must make an appropriate skill check as if you were crafting the item by hoof to fabricate articles requiring a significant degree of craftsmanship (such as well-crafted weapons or a catapult).

Using 1 application of Fabricate to reduce the Unit 27's storage room door into a pile of its base materials.

He also has Elemental Resistance (1)
Safety Measures (Thunderborn) – Resistance
You cannot be harmed by any naturally occurring electricity (though magical lightning bolts and similar can still harm you in combat).
in case the electrical locks are an issue of some kind.

Dice Rolls:
Mechanics- Time it takes to rip apart the door:
Roll(1d20)+20:
16,+20
Total:36
avatar
Senshuken
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 398
Join date : 2013-08-08
Age : 25
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Espresso on Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:41 am

Third Degree swings the Burninator like a club - it is, after all, a pony-sized hunk of metal. But rather than trying to hit the griffon, it's only a diversionary tactic, as out of a side compartment rolls a small orb.

"Sorry."

The orb erupts, releasing a thick smokescreen that obscures everything in sight, enveloping the griffon in darkness.

"But I'm all business as well-"

An orange canister bounces off the griffon's beak, and just as it falls to be level with the griffon's eyes, it erupts into a brilliant flash of light and heat that blinds the bird.

"-and you don't want my kind of business."

Abilities and Rolls:

Acrobatics for tactical maneuvering: 19 + 13 = 32
Stealth for sneak attack: 20! + 18 = 38 Spectacular success
Used The Burninator's flashbang variant
"You can turn a flame into either a burst of blinding fireworks (blinding all creatures that see it within 120-ft of the fire source)"
avatar
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 284
Join date : 2015-11-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  AleneShazam on Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:01 am

Degree
The griffon howls and grabs at his eyes, blinded and choked by Degree's stealthy assault. As he does, Degree realizes a fight is unavoidable...

Initiative would usually be rolled, but SPECTACULAR SUCCESSES so Degree goes first.



Belgond
The door, although reinforced to prevent petty thievery and robbing, can hardly stand up to the technical genius of a tech-priest - with a crackle of sparks, the magical interface crumbles under a flurry of rewiring, leaving a slab of metal that, while durable, is easily disassembled with a little work. Golden Gears gawks at Belgond's augments, but shakes her head as she goes over to assist Belgond, reforming her mechanical limbs to whatever tool was necessary to crack the door open. With the two engineers working on it, the door is quickly reduced to scrap panels and an empty frame, and Golden Gears scurries into the storage unit. A few moments pass, and she comes back out with what looks like a glass donut covered in wires, spark batteries, and a small processor.

"If one of the plasma bursts hits us, we'll be goners anyway - but this'll stop falling rubble and the fires from getting to us." Golden Gears sighs in relief.  I was worried this would be broken in the tremors... whatever, that's not important. Let's get back to the rest, hopefully they're still-"

There is a sudden violent shaking, and rubble falls down from above, blocking up the exit to the streets.

"-safe. Dangit."
avatar
AleneShazam
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 992
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Espresso on Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:10 am

Degree lunges out of the shadows, tackling the griffon - then jamming the Burninator right up to the griffon's chin and cranking the lever that activates the good ol' flamethrower. Cranking again, Degree then sprays the griffon with a drizzling of napalm, the fuel immediately blazing into a bonfire as it immolates the griffon alive. Kicking back against the griffon, Degree ducks back into the cover of the smoke, even as he feels the heat from the flames bring new strength into his limbs.

Attacks:

Relevant statblocks:
[–1] Feeder Flames - Minor Attack [1/Battle]
Target creature suffers 5 ongoing damage (save ends). Whenever it takes damage from this effect, you gain 5 HP.

[+1] .65 Supplementary Incendiary Rounds (Kindle Pain) - Standard Utility
If target enemy is suffering ongoing damage, increase that damage by 5.

Persistent Flames
Enemies suffer a -3 penalty to saving throws against (save ends) effects that you bestow.

[–3] Everlasting Misery - Interrupt Utility
Trigger - An enemy makes a saving throw and you dislike the result.
Effect - The triggering creature rerolls the saving throw.

tl;dr Griffon takes 10 ongoing damage, save ends. Persistent flames gives the griffon a -3 to saving throws, and I'm calling Everlasting Misery if the enemy succeeds their saving throw.

HP: 30
Energy: 4
avatar
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 284
Join date : 2015-11-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  AleneShazam on Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:26 am

Degree
The griffon writhes in pain as the fire scalds his skin, screeching profanities and swiping at the smoke blindly, managing to nick Degree before he fully retreats. For a moment, it seems that it manages to flap its wings hard enough to blow out the fires, but the napalm sticks good, and the fire returns with a vengeance, searing into the griffon. He cries out again, but this time in rage rather than pain, and he, too, dives for cover amidst the smoke cover. All is still for the moment.

Degree takes 3 damage. Degree has vulnerability 5 until the end of the griffon's next turn, and the griffon cannot be targeted until the end of the griffon's next turn.
It's Degree's turn!


Last edited by AleneShazam on Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:08 am; edited 3 times in total
avatar
AleneShazam
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 992
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Espresso on Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:44 am

Degree, too, bides his time, but doing so in a very Degree sort of way: he uncorks a bottle of spirits and douses himself with it. It seems suicidal, but as a flame dragon, fire empowers him as much as it hurts him if too intense. He can deal with heat - but the enemy sure as heck can't. All he has to do is burn them up before he burns up. Simple enough.

With a spark, flame surround him, and Degree begins cackling as he revs up the Burninator. Time for a barbecue. "Come on and fight! What are you, chicken?"

Attacks:

Relevant statblocks:
[–1] Thin Scales (Blood Pact) - Minor Utility
For the rest of the battle, at the beginning of your turn, you gain 1 energy and then lose 1
HP for each energy you have.

tl;dr Degree uses thin scales to start gaining energy. He also recovers 5 HP with Feeder Flames, bringing him back to full.

HP: 30
Energy: 3
avatar
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 284
Join date : 2015-11-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  AleneShazam on Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:56 am

Degree
Detecting the drake through the smoke, the griffon lunges blindly, hoping to catch the drake with his claws - but the flashbang still has lingering effects, and the griffon's lunge falls through entirely, his talons closing around air instead of dragon scales. Growling, he shakes his head, blinking the blindness out of his eyes, only to remember that it's still on fire. As it howls in pain once more, Degree closes in, locking onto the griffon once again.
Flashbang wears off, and the griffon is no longer blinded. Degree is no longer suffering vulnerability. The griffon can now be targeted.
It's Degree's turn!


Last edited by AleneShazam on Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
AleneShazam
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 992
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Senshuken on Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:59 am

As the roof came down around the exit, Belgond looked at the rubble with a sense of unease. However, before he could outright panic to took a very deep breath before letting it out slowly. Trying to keep the panic down, Belgond went over to where he had discarded his robe and picked it up again, taking a moment to clasp it back up and cover up his augmented body. He actually kind of felt naked without the red robe to cover himself he didn't even try to hide the blush that came to his face when his mind took the time to remind him that Golden Gears had seen him in that state of undress. Rather bashfully, he kicked the ground a little as he quietly muttered with a slight stutter "So-Sorry about that."

With that moment of bashfulness out of the way, Belgond started to look around in order to inspect the building that they were currently standing in, looking for three key things:
1. Alternative exists or windows. Any portal to the outside world would do.
2. To see how stable the building that they were in currently was.
3. If the building was stable enough, was it safe to clear the rubble out of the way?

He wouldn't need a hole large enough for them to escape through, he just needed something that could give him clear sight to somewhere outside so that he would know where it was safe for them to teleport to. There was the back up plan of course... but that was to be used only if there was no other choice. It would get them clear of the building and even get them back to the rest of the group but there were some serious reservations about it; He strongly suspected that he would be lucky to survive doing so and even if he did he would no doubt be to busy screaming and blacking out from the pain to be able to walk anywhere...

Attentively, he started to look around the room again to ensure that he didn't miss anything on the first sweep.

Dice Rolls.:
Perception: Looking around the room and following the check list above.
Roll(1d20)+9:
11,+9
Total: 20
Night Vision and Eagle Eye to negate any possible penalties.
avatar
Senshuken
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 398
Join date : 2013-08-08
Age : 25
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Espresso on Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:06 am

Degree turns a gear on the Burninator, and on pulling a trigger, a hail of incendiary pellets carrying combustive fuel strikes against the griffon, feeding the flames even more. The burning of the flames on his hide prickles, but frankly the flames on the griffon feed him even more strength, enough to make up for the self-torching. "Oh, come on! You call that an attack?" He taunts again, laughing mockingly.

Attacks:

Relevant statblocks:

[+1] .65 Supplementary Incendiary Rounds (Kindle Pain) - Standard Utility
If target enemy is suffering ongoing damage, increase that damage by 5.

tl;dr Griffon now takes 15 ongoing damage, save ends. Degree gains 1 energy, takes 4 damage, and then gains 1 energy and heals for 5. Still calling Everlasting Misery on successful save.

HP: 30
Energy: 5
avatar
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 284
Join date : 2015-11-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  AleneShazam on Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:47 am

Degree
The griffon growls angrily, but before he can strike back at the drake, he realizes that any more fire and his primary feathers might become burnt - grounding him forever. Fixing the drake with a hate-filled glare, the griffon dives into the smoke, and through that, disappearing into the fiery haze.
The griffon flees the battle. Degree wins!



Belgond
Golden Gears, seeing his reaction, also seems to realize that she had essentially saw him naked, and blushes as well. "No, that, um... that was very... cool. Those augmentations are... one of a kind, I presume."

The building seems to have been weakened greatly by some sort of tremor, probably a break in the street foundation itself, and digging through the wall or rubble, while not impossible, would require some delicate work. Windows, on the other hoof, are there - but they're high up, beyond Belgond's reach.

Golden Gears, noticing Belgond's gaze, looks up as well. "If you could just peek through there - would your teleporter be able to get us out of here?"
avatar
AleneShazam
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 992
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Crystalite on Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:05 am

AleneShazam wrote:Copperette
As Belgond leaves, Gristle turns to Copperette, genuine worry in her eyes. "Listen, little pup, I know stripes said to stick together, but lets be real - I be a old bag of bones, and ya got some strong running legs. If I get stuck or fall or somethin', I'd rather a young filly like you make it than try to help an old dog on her last legs. You gotta run, kay? Run to that there star port - shouldn't be more than a few more minutes now - and tell 'em there are two technicians on their way. That oughta save spaces for Goldie and stripes. Promise me you'll do that."

She slows for a few moments, but quickly resumes her previous pace. "Don't make an old lady worried, now."


"But-" Copperette started to protest, skidding to a halt as Gristle paused. The pause let her stop and think; briefly, but long enough. Grammy Gristle was significantly bigger than her, and presumably heavier. When Copperette asked herself what she would do, she came up blank.

She gazed off towards the starport, and nodded. "...Okay... I promise," she said, choking back a tear as she resumed running.

Checks:
Athletics (Moar and moar running!) and Perception (To gauge how much further?)

Result A: 1d20 [15] + Athletics [6] + Freaky Knowledge (Running) [5] = 26

Result B: 1d20 [1] = Derp
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Senshuken on Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:39 am

Belgond's gaze fell on one of the windows in the room, up high but not out of reach for someone like him!

Turning to look at Golden, that bashful shyness that had been there before seemed to make a comeback... through it didn't completely consume him this time. Nodding his head a little to confirm her question, he rather shyly answered "Maybe after we're safely on a ship out of here, you would like to study them more in-depth?" As far as flirting went, he suspected that there was much, much better lines out there, but damn it it was what came to mind in the here and now.

Waiting until he got a response, Belgond turned back to the window of his choice before walking towards the wall underneth it... and then starting to walk up the wall as if it natural for him to do so. His hooves were making small noises as he walked up the wall, suggesting this was just another feature of his upgrades that he could take advantage of. Once up to the window, he looked outside for somewhere safe for them to teleport to.

Dice Rolls:
Perception- Looking for somewhere clear to teleport to within fifty feet of the window:
Roll(1d20)+9:
5,+9
Total:14

Acrobatics- To climb the wall:
Roll(1d20)+12:
20,+12
Total:32

‘Grabby’ Hooves (Spider Climb) (2)
You can adhere to surfaces for the purpose of climbing and hanging, though if the surface is smooth or slippery you may need to make an Athletics or Acrobatics check.
avatar
Senshuken
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 398
Join date : 2013-08-08
Age : 25
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FTL: Harmony Edition IC

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum