Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragon's Feud

+7
A1C Bronymous
nightlight
AleneShazam
Demonu
tygerburningbright
GafferBot
Crystalite
11 posters

Page 16 of 26 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21 ... 26  Next

Go down

Dragon's Feud - Page 16 Empty Re: Dragon's Feud

Post  nightlight Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:41 pm

Pumpkin jerks her head around, looking for the next inevitable danger, only to find a silence blanketing them, followed by cheering. She lets out a breath she didn't even know she was holding, then plops down on her back.

"Sweet Celestia's crystal coronet..." she mutters before rolling back onto her hooves to make sure everypony - and minotaur - are alright. Peony's antics give her a much needed chuckle. "Just make sure you walk him daily. Dogs are a big responsibility," she says before turning her attention to the... logistical problem. She rubs her hooves together.

All those hours of playing Tetris instead of doing homework were about to pay off in spades today. She moves to help figure out a way to cram two dogs into the wagon.

"They're going to freak when we come back with a honest-to-Luna dragon." Her grin goes wider. "We are going to be FAMOUS. We better make sure we tie them up pretty good, just in case one of them wakes up before we get back to Ponyville, she says to the others.
nightlight
nightlight
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:34 pm

"Good thing I've still got these, then."

Chassis pulls two towing chains and a coil of rope out of her scrap-bin wagon with her magic.

"The chains are heavy duty, so they should be good for tying up the dragon. I'll use a Stepping Stone to get the last dog to the top of that wagon, so we can tie him to it with the rope."
jaguargamma
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:37 pm

Despite Peony's legendary efforts, she is unable to do anything with the dog. Luckily, there are much bigger allies nearby. Atlas finds that he could carry a dog each over each shoulder without much effort. Chassis' chains would be sufficient for chaining the dragon, whether to the roof or crammed inside the wagon, and vice versa for the remaining dog. It would only take a few moments to figure out the best method of transporting the captives- though it won't be comfortable for any of them.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Espresso Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:11 am

"Hrk-- Alright, I've got these two furballs." Atlas securely bundles two dogs (after they're tied up, of course) onto his shoulders. "Let's pack the lizard into wagon and roll out - I don't fancy having them wake up before we can transfer them into a proper cell."
Espresso
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:32 pm

With a flash of her horn, Chassis summons a Stepping Stone, scoops the remaining Diamond Dog onto it, and directs it over to the top of the wagon. While hovering where she could see what she was doing, she carefully tilts the stone so the dog rolls to the top of the wagon and stays. Her rope snakes through the air and around the dog, finally tying itself off with a knot to secure him to the top of the wagon.

"That's one."

She then turns her attention to the dragon. The tow chains link together and wind themselves around Silver, pinning his arms and wings to his torso. As a final touch, the fire extinguisher Chassis pulled from her camper emerges from her scrap wagon and plugs itself nozzle-first into the dragon's maw.

"That should keep his fire out if he wakes up."

The stepping stone scoops the dragon up and pours him into the empty space on the trap wagon.

"That's two."

Chassis dismisses the stone and lands back on the leading wagon.

"Good to go?"
jaguargamma
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:08 pm

Pumpkin Spice pushes her back against the dragon and throws her weight against him, helping to cram the creature into the wagon. It's a little like cleaning her room. Which is to say cramming way too much into a single closet and shutting the door before it all comes tumbling out again on top of her. Yup, her entire life's been preparing her for just this.

She makes a mental note to warn the ponies back in Ponyville before they opened it. Mayor Mare: killed by dragon avalanche while opening wagon. Yeah, that'd ruin their day.

"Just... kind of a random medical opinion, but extinguishers aren't good for you. We can threaten him with that, but we probably shouldn't use it unless we really have to," Pumpkin notes. "We don't want to actually hurt him."

She takes to the air, then stops a wing beat later. "Umm... any more," she corrects herself. With that, she flies up to the top of the wagon where she can keep an eye on the diamond dog. A grin begins spreading across her face.

"Hey, girls? And guys? she says. "You realize what just happened, right? We just singlehoofedly took down an honest-to-Luna dragon. And a whole pack of diamond dogs!" Smiling widely, she flops down on her back on top of the wagon, throwing all four legs up in the air and wiggling them in celebration. "We are AWESOME!"
nightlight
nightlight
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:47 pm

Pfft. Just dragon. Peony eat dragon for breakfast. And lunch. And dinner.

Peony stops for a moment. Peony eat lots of dragon.

~She's happy about it~ Helmaroc informs helpfully, causing Peony to flush red and start beating uselessly on the jar.

Shush, Hellie!
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Espresso Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:24 pm

"Hup!" Atlas bundles the dogs onto his shoulders, before turning to the others, a wide grin on his face. "And yes - THIS IS AWESOME! Did you SEE how that thing went down? There were like lasers and lightning and weird brain magic and - - and - - holy hell, this is going into my routine for sure!"

He's not sure if he can't snag a spine or a scale or maybe even a tooth from the dragon, but it should more than prove he's at least been up against one of the things - now to figure how he can make that funny...
Espresso
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:46 pm

Pumpkin smirks at the tiny breezie. After what she'd seen from the tiny pony, it actually wasn't that hard to believe she her claim.

"Your... routine," she repeats, looking at Atlas. "Right after bench pressing the Canterlot Castle, right?" she giggles, shaking her head in disbelief at her surprisingly capable companions. She sits up and pops open another thermos, treating herself to some victory brew. She earned it!

"Alright, I got to ask... when did we get a dragon smiter? And where'd THAT come from? I mean, I guess we didn't need it in the end, but it's not usually something you carry around in your saddlebags."
nightlight
nightlight
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:45 am

Chassis exhales a sigh.

"We didn't. That was a bluff." She puts a hoof on the "Dragon Smiter" still set up on the wagon. "This is one of my failed MoP props. I screwed up the spell to make the right sounds when it 'spun up' and 'fired', so it's been in my old 'to-do' bin ever since. Forgot it was in there until yesterday, was hoping the sound it does make would drive the dragon off if the initial bluff didn't do it."
jaguargamma
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:27 am

"Oh... Wow. Remind me never to play poker with you." Pumpkin says, impressed.

"So you just drag around like... everything you had from MoP? Even the stuff that doesn't even work? You think maybe you could show me some of that stuff sometime? she asks hopefully. A little of the fanfilly creeps out.

"I mean... it's a little less cool now that I know that stuff doesn't really work like the show in real life, but still... I mean, I used to fly home as fast as I could after school just to watch it. You don't have the Turbo Sidewinder do you? From episode 8?"
nightlight
nightlight
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:56 pm

"Oh, no," says Chassis. "I don't carry around everything I had from MoP. Most of the things I worked on, the production company took back. But when I was working with them, I'd sometimes take a prop home to work on it. Most times, I was able to get it done in time for the next show. Sometimes, though, I wasn't. Something happened, and I couldn't get a prop fixed on time. So I'd swap it out with a working backup version and put the broken one in the IBOTI bin to work on later. And then forget I still had it."

A wistful smirk creeps over her face.

"The Turbo Sidewinder, though, wasn't one of them. That thing was solid; you could drive a tank over it, and it'd still work. Pretty sure it got recycled into the guild-warfare show thing. I mean, you don't get a prop like that and just toss it in a shed to rot."

Her eyes flicker with hate for a split-second before she closes them and takes a deep breath to extinguish it. When she opens them, she steals a glance back at the dragon.

"Still wanna how these dragons stole Twilight's castle," she says, changing the subject. "I mean, it was a castle, and it was rooted in place like a tree. You can't just fly it off without anypony noticing."
jaguargamma
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:15 am

"Yeah, I know just how you feel. Well, not just how you feel, since you were actually part of the show, but I can't believe they cancelled it! I have the whole series on tape at home, though. I watch it all the time."

It takes her a moment to quit geeking out and bring herself back to their present situation.

"Actually, I've been thinking about this whole thing, too. There's no way diamond dogs could move a whole castle. They can dig really well, but even if they got it out of the ground, how did they drag it all the way out of Ponyville without anypony noticing?

"But that little dragon that's missing from Ponyville now - he worked at the library before it got blown up. I saw him send some letters to Princess Celestia a couple of times just by breathing fire at the letters. Think about it: teleportation. And he's just a baby dragon. Maybe bigger dragons can move entire castles,"
 she theorizes.

"That's just a guess, though. But I think the more important question is why? Diamond dogs would probably love a whole castle made of gems, but if the dragons are paying them off with a whole castle, they must be up to something even bigger planned. Something somehow bigger than stealing a princess's castle."

She looks back at the wagon.

"I hope the guy we caught is talkative."
nightlight
nightlight
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:05 pm

It takes about the same amount of time to return to town, plus a few minutes rest for those carrying the extra weight, meaning its mid afternoon when you approach Sweet Apple Acres. The Caravan ponies depart from the group, taking their hard won supplies to the center of town for distribution, and to give a report on what happened- which you all are promised is to include a glowing review of your heroic efforts and skill to Twilight and the Mayor.

However, as you all approach the orchard, Applejack is already coming out to meet you. As she approaches, however, you can see she doesn't look quite as pleased as you'd expect- more concerned than anything "What in- Y'all brought TWO dogs back? We only needed one, Rarity's barely got any space at her shop to hold a prisoner..." She eyes both dogs slung over Atlas' shoulder- she hasn't even looked at the wagon yet...
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:07 pm

"I can think of ways to rectify that."

Chassis now walks with the rest of the group, pulling behind her the scrap wagon with a still-chained-up dragon draped over the top of it. Mossburg, however, is still in Ponyville, since as far as anyone knows he's still banned from the farm.

"By the way, you don't happen to have an empty safe about...so long, so wide, and yay deep?"
jaguargamma
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:13 pm

Pumpkin can't help but feel just a little bit COMPLETELY AWESOME as they march right back through town, caravan safe, with diamond dogs and a flipping dragon in tow. Ha! And her physiology teacher said she'd never accomplish anything if she didn't do her homework more! She tries her best anyway to act like this all ain't no big thing. You know, like they defeat dragons every Thursday.

Eventually, things quiet down a little more as they near the large orchard of Sweet Apple Acres. She's fully expecting high praise when they reach Applejack, and looks more than a little surprised by her response. Then, just a little indignant.

"What, you want us to throw the small one back?"  she offers.
nightlight
nightlight
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:04 am

"He seemed perfectly content on the ground before we took him with us," Cherry deadpans. "Shouldn't be too hard to fly him away from town and let him go. Or, I could see how far I can launch him if I use my launcher as a catapult lever." She yawns. "Just let me know soon, I'm pretty beat from that battle. Adrana... Adrenaline's great for waking you up, but you pay for it after..."
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:06 am

This is Pony village? Peony buzzes as Helmaroc flaps lazily along the group. Too pastel. Too soft.

When she catches sight of Applejack and hears what she says, Peony scowls indignantly. It not easy to catch, you know! Mother always says, don't waste food - same principle!
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Espresso Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:49 am

Atlas stares at Peony for a while - did she just seriously use food as a metaphor when referring to captives of war?
Nevertheless, Atlas nods along and pats the tightly bound dogs on his shoulders. "I'm thinking the breezie has a point. We won't know if the dogs have all the information we need, so it's probably best if we keep more of 'em... better safe than sorry, is what I was always taught."
Espresso
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:54 pm

jaguargamma wrote:[color=#00BFF3]"By the way, you don't happen to have an empty safe about...so long, so wide, and yay deep?"

Applejack looks to the back of the group, opens her mouth to speak, and then lets it go slack when she spots the unconscious dragon on the wagon.

The farmpony remains like that for the better part of a minute as she tries to process what's happened, and finally manages to form words. "You... y'all... that's one of the DRAGONS! What did you bring that for?!" She scrambles up to the wagon, ensuring the chains are locked tight, a panicked look overtaking her. "What are we gonna do with a dragon? What if it wakes up? Y'all are paying for every apple tree it burns down!" She paces furiously, trying to think. "Where are we gonna... whose gonna... What about-" She runs into a wall of red fur, silencing her mumblings. Big Mac looks over the situation serenely, totally silent, and then slowly takes the wagon's yoke from Chassis. "Y'all take AJ and go talk to Twilight and Rarity, they'll know what to do. Don't worry none about the dragon, we'll keep an eye on him." He trundles off, pulling the dragon laden wagon towards the barn, with Applejack just staring after him.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:30 pm

As Big Mac leaves with her wagon, Chassis shrugs and turns to head back to Ponyville.

"Guess we're off again to see the princess-wizard."
jaguargamma
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Espresso Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:18 am

"For what it's worth, we didn't mean to get the dragon." Atlas says, scratching his head. "We just sort of... beat it up. An accident, really."

With that Atlas turns and starts walking after Chassis.
Espresso
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:19 pm

"Works for us, though. He'd know more about what the dragons are up to than the dogs. And maybe even who or what they have helping them. While we're on that subject...Applejack? You didn't happen to overhear any additional details about what happened to Twilight's castle, did you? Say, mysterious figures or dragons using any kind of artifact?"
jaguargamma
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:23 pm

Is Twilight purple princess? Peony buzzes as Helmaroc glides lazily around the group. Peony knows purple princess. Is crystal castle hers?
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:35 am

Applejack, confused and frustrated, finally shakes it off and starts leading you all back to town. "Well I guess there ain't nothing to do except hope we can keep it locked up. We were only looking for one dog because Rarity only has so much room at her shop, and thats where we're taking them. She's our Master Interrogator." She sighs, brow furrowed, and then speaks up to respond to the questions. "Yeah, Twilight's the Purple Princess, and the crystal castle was hers. It was a little ways out of town, so the only one who was there was Spike. Poor fella, I wonder what he's up to..." She trails off for a moment, then continues, "But the dragons flew overhead when they took it, plenty of ponies saw it. Didn't see any kind of magic, just a bunch of dragons carrying the thing off. We're pretty sure the dogs dug up the foundations for them to lift it clear."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 26 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21 ... 26  Next