Dragon's Feud

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Dragon's Feud

Post  Espresso on Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:28 am

Atlas nods slowly. "Well, as long as we're only scaring them a little, and not actually hurting them that much..." He winces when he thinks of the bruises that he probably gave the poor things. He reminds himself to apologize to them later.

"Although, I still think we should try a more friendly route first. And, if worse comes to worst, we do have the breezie..."

He grimaces at the thought of unleashing the little ball of fury onto the dogs.
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:53 am

"Ahem, yes," Rarity interjects. "Well if we have need to be particularly diabolical, then we certainly know who to turn to." She seems unimpressed, and then sets about the kitchen. "For the moment, the fact of the matter is that we have two more than expected, and my team is entirely detail oriented- we will take the necessary time to reevaluate our position before we enact the interrogation." She brings down several glasses and a pitcher of water, tea boiling on the stove. "However, I am glad you are so interested in helping question them, as it was the first mission I had for you. So, instead of running off to help the other teams, you can rest here, eat up, and then get to it as soon as we're ready. Cherry, if you'll give me just a moment, I'll show you tot he guest room and get you settled for a well deserved nap." She sets a few plates down, and then looks at Peony. "Oh, so sorry dear. Um, what do Breezies eat? And Eagles, for that matter?"

::::::

At the farm, Chassis easily makes her way through the workers, who are quick to get out of her way when they see Mossburg behind her. The group is actually not crowded around the barn, but rather the cellar at the back of it. The cellar door is wide open, and as Chassis approaches, Twilight and Applejack both ascend from it, followed by Big Mac. "I still don't think this is a good idea. When it wakes up it could tear the whole barn down and then escape, burn up the orchard-" "Applejack, please, I understand your concern, but that cellar is the safest place in town to keep it contained." "Eeyup." "What if it melts the chains?" "The chains have been magically immobilized- nothing can affect them in any way unless the spell is broken first." "Eeyup." "Well what if-" This time Applejack cuts herself off, spotting Chassis and Mossburg. "...I don't get it, is my farm just the place where we keep big, crazy, destructive monsters now?!" On cue, a roar echoes from Fluttershy's area off in the distance. "...Eey-" "NEVERMIND! Y'all're the ones that gotta tell Granny why the farm burns down!" Applejack cries out, exasperated, and trots off in a huff.

Last edited by A1C Bronymous on Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma on Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:49 am

Chassis watches AJ leave, her expression deadpan.

"My insurance agent just dropped off the replacement for my workshop," she says, her voice equally deadpan. "It's currently blocking the road to Rarity's place. The cables I need to hitch Mossburg to it were still in the wagon I left over here with you."

She looks toward where AJ had just gone, and then to Big Mac.

"I brought Mossburg because he owes your family an apology for the damages incurred during his previous visit. If you'll point me to where my stuff is, I'll go get what I need while the three of you work out how to manage that."
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam on Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:09 am

I FEAST ON THE SOULS OF MY ENEMIES--

A quick bottle shake later, Peony coughs and rectifies her statement. Fruit is fine. Hellie is vegetarian eagle. And... sweets?

She looks up at Helmaroc expectantly, who sighs (as much as a bird might), and nods. ~A small slice of cake wouldn't hurt, I suppose.~
AleneShazam
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight on Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:00 pm

"Got any coffee?" Pumpkin asks, predictibly.

The pegasus is just as confused as everypony else, but as Kabra'za explains his idea, a grin begins to steadily grow on her face.

"Oh, you are a smart one! I like you!" she decides. "There's a place a couple blocks away from Town Hall called Ginger Ale & Apple Cider. They only sell two things so this shouldn't be a problem. I can fly over there and get some. Oh, and I got ALL this cool stuff from last Nightmare Night to help decorate! This is going to be fun!" she says, jumping into the air and hovering in place in anticipation. She stops flapping, dropping a little before catching herself at Peony's declaration of her snack choice.

At this point, she's actually not sure if the little breezie is joking or not. Maybe they don't even need all those props. They can just send Peony.

"I don't know what you all need to prepare for, though," she comments to Rarity as she flutters to the ground again. "I mean, we just got to get them to talk, right? We act all scary... Or I guess friendly," she says looking to Atlas. It's pretty clear which plan she thinks is cooler. "And then they tell us what we need to know! What's there to 're-evaluate?'"
nightlight
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:11 pm

Rarity frowns, silent, as Pumpkin elates over Kabra'za's plan. She produces some fruit and snacks from the fridge. "I don't appear to have any cake at the moment- nor coffee, but there's some tea on the stove." Setting it all down, she takes Cherry by the hoof (who apparently has zoned out again) and leads her upstairs, leaving you all to further develop your plan.

::::::

Big Mac nods stoically, glancing at Mossburg. "Long as he stays outside, ain't no problem." He retreats into the barn. Princess Twilight is let staring after Applejack with a sigh.
A1C Bronymous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma on Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:46 pm

An awkward moment passes in silence, and then Chassis speaks up.

"Overheard you talking about our guest. What all do you have keeping him restrained in there?"
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam on Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:38 am

Peony shears into the little bits of fruit that Helmaroc carefully sections and drops into the bottle, devouring them in angry, tiny breezie bites.

"ANOTHER!" She squeaks, but Helmaroc puts the cap back onto the bottle and shakes her head, causing her to grumble in annoyance.

Peony seems on board with the intimidation plan, but Helmaroc shakes her head, fluttering her wings a little.

~Cooperation is the better part of survival. If we can convince them it is beneficial to help us, rather than just bully them into it, we would have much more reliable help.~ Helmaric caws. ~And indeed, with Peo here, we won't need an elaborate intimidation routine, anyway (though it would be helpful.) I think we should concentrate on befriending these dogs.~
AleneShazam
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Espresso on Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:55 pm

"As I have said, kindness is the first step to happy coexistence." Atlas raises up a finger. "We shouldn't have them cooped up like livestock. Maybe we can negotiate? Ask what they want? I definitely want a word with one of them, if I can."

"At least I want to make sure they're properly provided for and not mistreated," Atlas glances at Kabra'za. "A little bit of spooking is fine, I guess. But we're the good guys here. I enjoy a good tussle like any other minotaur, but... I don't like the sound of actually hurting anyone. Physically, or mentally, more than is necessary to subdue them."

Last edited by Espresso on Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven on Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:11 pm

After a brief delay, Cherry follows after Rarity. "Yes, thank you... I doubt I'll be much help with the interrogation, my impatience would probably ruin our efforts... although I am curious about the zebra's plan..."
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken on Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:21 pm

While at least one pony seemed to admire his idea (and he offered the coffee desiring mare in question a small smile and a respectful bow of his head), it was quickly apparent that several other members of the team were somewhat more... uneasy about his first suggestion. Fair enough; After all while it wasn't illegal or evil per say, it did rather have a strange aura about wrongness about it that could cause those unsuited for such a thing to back away. He could clearly tell that it had met with Rarity's disapproval and that was going to be the end of it right there and then.

Still, Kabra'za was a cunning zebra and he could read a room well enough to know that it was time to try a different approach. Raising his hoof to make a dismissive wave with it, he quickly muttered "No, no you're right. The situation doesn't appear so dire as to warrant such a twisted approach." Glancing towards the minotaur as he returned his hoof to the ground, he decided to offer a rather simple plan B instead to see how it floated with the rest of the party "Considering that you managed to beat them into submissive as well as their dragon overlord, I suspect that you all have gotten a degree of respect in their eyes... Still, how would you feel about a bit of 'good cop, bad cop'? Just to make them a little more inclined to accept a hand or hoof in friendship when it is offered."
Senshuken
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight on Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:06 pm

"Tea?!" Pumpkin Spice goes wide-eyed, now in full scrunch mode. She turns her back, crossing her forehooves.  "I thought you were supposed to be civilized," she mutters under her breath.

Espresso wrote:"I don't like the sound of actually hurting anyone. Physically, or mentally, more than is necessary to subdue them."

"Well, we won't offer them tea then," Pumpkin Spice says. "But you're probably right. Friendship is magic and everything..." Sigh. She was kind of looking forward to making lighting strike just outside a window at all the right dramatic moments. I mean, what pegasus doesn't dream of doing that?

Pumpkin Spice shakes her head at the zebra.

"They seemed pretty loyal when we talked to them before, though. They didn't even know why they were doing this or what they were getting out of it. It was just 'follow the alpha! Do what dragons say! Yes sir how high?' They didn't even seem to care about what we could offer them. I don't know if we can really bribe them. This... might have to be like one of those actual friendship things and not just being manipulative. You know, the kind of actual friendship where we give them space and trust and end up regretting it at the end becomes it comes back to bite us in the our collective flanks."

She taps her chin.

"They're probably in a lot of trouble right now. The other dragons aren't going to be happy once they go back - or their alpha. I guess we could try to give them a better option."
nightlight
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Yesterday at 11:32 am

Peony will show them better option! Peony swings her tiny hooves around in a way that might be threatening if she's anything but a tiny bug pony.

~Well first things first, we have to apologize, as Atlas says. I don't believe we'll be able to befriend them fully - we did just beat them up - but we could at least make them see the benefit of cooperating with us. Hopefully remove the antagonism between us.~
AleneShazam
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight Yesterday at 3:44 pm

"I guess I could start by giving them a closer look once we're down there. Make sure they're alright. A few of them did take a blow or two to the head. They'll probably want something for the headache, too..." Pumpkin frowns. "Actually I probably should have thought of that earlier and checked on them. Kind of got caught up in, you know, how awesome we were. I think I might have just lost some medical pony cred there," she admits, rubbing the back of her foreleg with a hoof.

"So, besides Peony scaring them into friendship, do we have any other ideas or do we do this Team Fabaceous style and just make it up as we go along?" The way she says the second option makes it clear she doesn't really think that's an unrealistic plan after how all their other plans had gone.
nightlight
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma Yesterday at 7:04 pm

(After private session on Skype)

Chassis emerges from the cellar to Mossburg addressing the big red stallion, an old green mare, and a yellow red-maned filly, with Chassis' scrap wagon near Big Mac.

"...wished no harm. I made an error in calculating the force exerted on your tree during 'applebucking' process. I made another error in my attempt to remove it." The robot pony lowers his head in submission. "Sincere. Requesting forgiveness."

"Guess I'll throw in an apology of my own," Chassis says as she joins them. "I forgot that Mossburg can be bad about taking things literally. So when AJ made a joke about seeing him try to applebuck I didn't stop to explain that she didn't mean to actually try it."
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18

View previous topic View next topic Back to top