Dragon's Feud

Page 23 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Dragon's Feud

Post  Senshuken on Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:35 am

For a moment, the zebra kept a straight face as he looked at the beautiful pink mare... before coming to one of the few conclusions that he suspected her logic would have come to.

"The party failed because it was top secret and you couldn't invite anyone to it because they didn't have clearance, didn't it?"
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma on Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:17 pm

"Careful, Stripes. Bad things happen to those that get too inquisitive about spies and top-secret stuff. Keep it up, and you might have to wear a funky hat and do the Chicken Dance at the party."

Chassis briefly flashes back to living through the horror of being the birthday foal in Canterlot. The memory makes her wonder if that restaurant is still open as she turns to leave the table. Might be worth a trip after the mess with the dragons gets sorted out.

"I'll go see what it'll take to fix your door, Pinkie. Again, I'm really sorry about that."

Last edited by jaguargamma on Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Espresso on Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:06 pm

"So..." Atlas scratches his head, looking around. "What do we do now?"
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:21 pm

Pinkie gives you all a tight lipped look, clearly not willing to discuss the top secret matter any further. "The party's tomorrow and its all set up. If you've got something to get ready for it, you should probably do that. Or you can do what I do, and just stand real still and wait- sometimes that passes the time suuuuper quick." She offers with a grin.
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma on Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:47 pm

Seriously. Is there some kind of guild just for weird ponies that Chassis doesn't know about?

"Uh...thanks, but...if your party's going to be tomorrow, we should have a look at Town Hall. Make sure nopony's in there setting up anything nefarious. I'll see if I've got anything that'll be useful while I'm working on the door."

The door actually held up well to Chassis' assault. Almost like it's been built to withstand ponies crashing through it and blasting it off its hinges.

Must be a thing that happens all the time in this town.

Inspect the wood, reset the hinges, reattach it to its frame. Done.

Then Chassis turns her attention to her shop.

Chassis takes a particularly well-made record player from one of the wagon compartments, and sets it on her workbench. An antique model with brass trimmings and a family name engraved into the bottom, it was clearly an heirloom of some kind. A price tag strung onto its needle arm proudly displays a price and the words "ESTATE SALE", with the word "SOLD" stamped over it in red. The name of the buyer is written on the back of the tag; not Chassis' name, and certainly not the one engraved on the player itself.

Then she opens the wooden housing to reveal inner workings stripped, worn, and spotted with rust. The family that owned it used it well, and then kept it stored in an attic or basement when it could no longer play. Whoever bought the player from the estate sale must have decided it was a lemon and dumped it on Chassis when they couldn't get a refund.

Well, it took a bit of time, but Chassis finally found an excuse to turn this "lemon" into lemonade.

Parts bins around the open-air shop open, and scavenged parts fly to the workbench as she works to restore the old record player's inner workings, nimbly removing the worn-out components and replacing them with good ones. Then she gives the machine a quick cleanup and touch-up to bring it as close to like-new condition as she can manage. Finally, when the machine is reassembled, she tests it with a record.

While she works, Mossburg assumed the role of lookout, as he usually did when she didn't have need of his assistance. Watching the ponies as they pass by the wagon, taking note of peculiar behavior, that sort of thing.

Actions:
Mechanics Check
Nimble Hooves: 5
Roll: 17+16+5=37

Perception Check
Roll: 19+3=22

Last edited by jaguargamma on Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken on Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:16 pm

Taking a deep breath, Kabra'za briefly lifted himself up onto his two back legs before bringing his front hooves together up front to take a moment to 'crack' them before lowering himself back to the ground. "Righto then, I've got some cooking to do. Gonna have to go and grab a few things from my wagon..." Thinking for a moment, he quickly asked Pinkie "Mind if I do my brewing in here? It'll give me a chance to sample some of what you're going to be offering at the party so I can try to tailor my efforts towards trying to enhance the flavor, rather then just trying to hide the an extra ingredient. Could even let you taste some to help figure out what dish it would best be paired with."
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam on Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:38 pm

Now that the immediate issue is dealt with, Peony returns her attentions to Pinkie, glaring at her as though she's the bane of the breezie's existence.

Peony not trust you, She communicates to Pinkie telepathically. She doesn't really care if Pinkie receives it or not - it's more for her own sake. Peony sees you as the great laughing evil you truly are, Pink One!

Helmaroc rolls her eyes, and hops out of Sugarcube corner, separating Peony from her arch enemy. She spots Chassis working, and flutters up to them, perching atop of Mossburg.
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:11 pm

Pinkie smiles as everyone files out of the room- and Peony swears she can feel That Which is Pink staring her down from behind. "I don't know if the cakes would want you brewing in here." She replies to the Zebra. "But you can use the kitchen, so its easier to clean up if you make a mess." She trots out after everyone else, disappearing elsewhere into the building.

Chassis sets about on her 'gift' for Twilight, and in the ensuing 10 minutes or so, Mossberg counts 27 ponies walking by. Of the ponies, roughly 63% seem to be moving in a hurry, the rest casually strolling. 43% appear at first glance to be identical to another, but further inspection reveals this is not the case. There are only 2 stallions, indicative of Ponyville's peculiar gender ratio. In addition to the ponies, 99 Red Balloons go by. Mossberg is unable to extrapolate any useful data from them, partially due to becoming increasingly aware of the large bird sitting on his head.

It takes Kabra'za those same 10 minutes to walk to his supplies, and another 10 minutes to return with them, meaning he most likely returns after the rest of the group has departed for Town Hall.

Cherry and Atlas, meanwhile, have a seemingly endless supply of snack cakes to munch on while they wait.
A1C Bronymous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma on Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:51 pm

Satisfied that her gift works, Chassis returns the test record to its sleeve, and then the sleeve to the box it came from. The box then returns to its home inside Chassis' IBOTI box.

After one last check to make sure everything is put away and locked up, Chassis sets off for Town Hall, carrying the newly-refurbished record player with her telekinesis. Mossburg follows as well, taking his avian passenger with him.
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven on Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:46 am

Cherry elects to follow her fellow engineer pony to town hall - mostly because she feels like moving, and also because she has no other idea of where to go. Despite this, she cheerfully says to Chassis, "You know, I've considered myself a capable engineer, but I'm really impressed by Mossberg... I've never even dreamed of making anything like him."
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma on Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:12 pm

"Not many ponies do. Robotics isn't exactly an in-demand field in Equestria, so most ponies don't even realize it's a thing. Which, truth be told, isn't necessarily a bad thing.

"Robots like Mossburg aren't strictly mechanical constructs, you see. When you build one, you also have to create an animating spirit to give it power and instructions. To do that, you have to carefully map out a complex network of spells and enchantments, meaning you also have to know exactly how each new spell you add changes the program. And then you have to have enough power to push it into an Arcane Reaction Container and keep it from turning volatile until it stabilizes. And it's only then that you get to install the ARC into the robot's reactor and see if you screwed anything up in the program and made a robot that steals wallets, bends everything into right angles and tells everypony to bite his shiny metal..."

Chassis suddenly feels several dirty looks being cast her way from mares with foals within earshot and stops short on the last word.

"That's why I don't have a graduation project listed in the CGSU yearbook. It's also why I haven't made any more robots like Mossburg. I was kinda hoping to work with Twilight on refining the process into less of a hassle, maybe see if I can correct the mistakes I made with him. But then the dragons flew off with all her spellbooks, so here we are."
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken on Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:04 pm

Taking his time, Kabra'za took a rather relaxing stroll through Ponyville as he went to his cart to retrieve his supplies. Brewing a potion could take a little bit of time sure, but the party was sometime tomorrow and rushing about when there was clearly no pressing need to do so would have only drawn attention to himself and what he was doing. It also gave him some time to think. About what flavors his potions would be and what dishes or drinks they would be best mixed with, about exactly which potion out of several that he should brew in order to actually get the exact result that he was trying to get (Having several ponies grabbing at their heads and screaming 'IT'S ALL MY FAULT!' at the top of their lungs at a party that was meant to be a happy occasion would have been a bit... over the top?) and most importantly of all; Could he create a second potion that was designed to help somepony unwind without messing with the original plan? After all, that was what this party was partially about.

As he arrived back at Sugercube Corner, he came to the conclusion that it was doable. There were several potions that he knew of that would ease the nerves and lower a pony's inhibitions without counteracting the potion designed to increase the effects of guilt, through he would have to use one of the more mild ones; using the stronger ones would bring with it the risk of turning it into a completely different kind of party (Through granted, one that would be entertaining and help whoever attended relax... through the aftermath would vary depending on which route the party ended up going). In fact, lowering inhibitions would actually enhance the original plan since it would help their targets work up the nerve to confess.

So his game plan currently was to brew two different potions, figure out what they tasted like and work out what drinks or foods they would best be hidden in for greatest effect. Simple! First thing's first through, he needed to brew some potions!

Actions and Dice Rolls:

Arcana (Brewing Potion A :Guilt): 12+12+5 (FK:Potions)=29
Arcana (Brewing Potion B: Inhibition): 9+12+5 (FK: Potions)=26
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Espresso on Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:25 pm

Atlas eventually decides to go back to the Carousel Boutique, figuring that he can go check on the diamond dogs while he has time. Knocking on the Boutique door, he waits for a response.
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:38 pm

Town Hall:
A short conversation later, Chassi, Mossberg, Cherry, Peony and Helmaroc arrive at Town Hall. As expected, it is bustling with activity outside and in. The three manage to make it through the busy ponies to the main auditorium, within which is the big map, still hanging up on the wall. There are two ponies in the room, chatting off in the corner, and no sign of Twilight. The map is undisturbed.

Carousel Boutique:
Atlas' knock is answered by one of Rarity's assistants, who peers out at you from behind the door. "Oh, hello again. Um, we didn't expect you to be back so soon... Miss Rarity is... busy..."

Sugarcube Corner:
Kabra'za finds himself alone in the bakery kitchen, free to mix his potions. It is a long, delicate process, but the eerily quiet building provides little distraction- at first. The first potion seems successful, giving a puff of purple smoke as the ingredients are mixed. As he turns to work on the second while the first settles, he thinks he sees something in the corner of his eye- but there doesn't seem to be anything there... continuing his work, he becomes aware of the hairs on his neck standing on end- it feels like there's someone or something here- but still nothing. It doesn't take much longer to finish the potions, but the presence never leaves him....

Last edited by A1C Bronymous on Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
A1C Bronymous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma on Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:58 pm

Chassis approaches the two chatting ponies.

"Excuse me," she says, the record player and the box of records bobbing behind her, "I'm dropping these off for Twilight. She's rooming here, isn't she?"

Mossburg approaches the map in the meantime and inspects it.

Strangely enough, he doesn't seem to feel pressured to get back outside. On the one hoof, it comes as a relief. On the other, it makes him nervous about what the other Consensus units might be focusing on instead of him.

Actions:
Perception Check
Roll: 6 + 3 = 9
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken on Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:11 pm

Kabra'za didn't show that he knew that there felt like something watching him; This wasn't the first time he had encountered such a situation and he found from personal experience that trying the whole 'looking around slowly' thing didn't really work. Instead, he was going to use a much different tactic.

At a completely random point when he didn't need to completely focus on the potion he was brewing for a period of time, he suddenly turned around completely in an attempt to catch whatever was trying to hide and spy on him off guard. In the event that there didn't appear to be anyone there, he gestured towards his shadow and pointed towards the kitchen. Like a good shadow, it detached itself from its master and started to open cupboards and peer into hiding places with the intent on flushing whatever was hiding in here out.

Actions and dice rolls:

Perception (Kabra'za)(Someone's in my house tonight...):6+9=15
Perception (Shadow):20,+3=23 (Nat 20)
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Espresso on Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:03 pm

"Well, I have a spot of free time right now, so I thought that I should come back and see if there's anything I can help with..." Atlas says, trying to see inside the boutique. "What might Miss Rarity be busy with? Perhaps I can lend a helping hand? I'm quite a handy minotaur, I'll have you know."
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam on Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:46 am

~Well, this place looks normal enough. It doesn't seem like there's anything amiss... then again, I'm no expert at pony culture...~

Helmaroc looks about, using her keen vision to sweep the room for any dangers and possible hostiles. Peony, meanwhile scans the room for any signs of guilt or fear that she can jump on.

I can smell it... the fear... delicious fear...

Perception, Helmaroc:
19+6+5(FK: Spotting Danger)=30
Percpetion, Peony:
20!+13=33
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:27 pm

Town Hall:
The ponies look at you, and at the record player. "Uh... yeah, she should be around. I'm not sure where the office she moved into is, though. Maybe upstairs?" They both shrug.

Mossberg examines the map. Its a map alright.

Helmaroc doesn't identify any threats- at least none visible. She does spot two mice scampering up from between the floorboards in the corner and disappear through a mousehole. Peony, meanwhile, concentrates, and for a brief second goes blind- she feels attuned to her highest natural state, and avatar of her purest form- Fear Incarnate. She is immensely aware of all the secrecy, fear and guilt, even probing the deeper thoughts of everyone in the room. Helmaroc is afraid for herself and the breezie, always looking for threats. Chassis is afraid her plan might fail, or she got some detail wrong, subconsciously at least. She is of course entirely aware of her own secret fear that she will take over the world, and there will be nothing left to conquer. The other two ponies are afraid they'll be caught in the act of setting up the room for later. Even the robot, who's electronic senses are unreadable, emanates some hidden trepidation at some unseen event.... Outside the room, secrets and fears abound.... but no guilt...

Carousel Boutique:
The assistant pony grins sheepishly, keeping the door cracked. "Oh, no, we're fine right now. Rarity-" She's cut off by muffled crashing sound, like dishes shattering, from somewhere inside, and Atlas is suddenly aware of an incessant, high pitched noise. "...she's got it all under control." She says unconvincingly.

Sugarcube Corner:
Kabra'za and his shadow tear apart the room to find the unseen entity, but not until their attention turns back to the countertop do they discover it. Sitting in front of the potions, staring at them both with eyes like the Void itself..... is a small toothless alligator. It slowly blinks, staring Kabra'za down, unmoving.
A1C Bronymous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven on Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:43 pm

Cherry, at the moment, had no real fear to speak of - a symptom of her ever-present sleeplessness was a sense of utter apathy, and while the cupcake that Pinkie had brewed had staved off the fatigue, it hadn't quite overridden all of the effects of long-term insomnia. She does, however, have quite a few secrets...

Cherry makes no secret about her curiosity regarding Mossburg, however. After a delay spent pondering Chassis' words, she replied, "That process of creating an artificial intelligence... is that why Mossburg is afraid of confined spaces? Irregularities on a level of very fine detail in the spell matrices and other components?"
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam on Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:21 am

There is no guilt here. Peony concludes. Much fear, but no guilt. No spies here.

She keeps in mind everyone's fear, though, for personal use at later date.

Helmaroc, meanwhile, licks her beaks at the mice, her predatory instincts piqued. Fruits are nice and all, but eagles are by nature hunters...

She shakes her head, acutely aware of the traumatic consequences of hunting in front of the gentle (?) ponyfolk.
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken on Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:55 am

Kabra'za had seen many things in his lifetime; Things and beings that most ponies would only consider superstition or nightmarish myths...

Staring into the slowly blinking gaze of the small toothless alligator before him, he couldn't help but feel that on some level it was one of the most intelligent beings to ever exist. There had to be some degree of intellect there; Some primal cunning that had managed to keep it alive despite the hindrance of not being born with teeth. In complete silence but with the upmost respect, Kabra'za turned his attention away from the alligator for a moment in order to slice away just a little bit of the fish that he had been using as a potion ingredient (Fresh water salmon. Salt water salmon resulted in the potion that caused the drinkers skin to turn invisible.) before offering the animal the small offering. It was small enough that it should have been able to shallow it down without needing teeth.

Offering made, he returned his focus back to the potion that he was brewing.
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma on Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:48 pm

A spy would be better informed about where his target is staying...but a competent spy would know how to cover up that he knew. In short, the ponies' answer did nothing to move Chassis' suspicions past "might be spy".

"Thanks, anyway."

Chassis pauses only for a moment as Cherry's answer comes just as they're passing Mossburg. She waits until she and Cherry are halfway up the stairs to give her hushed answer.

"I honestly don't know. Normally when quirks like that happen, you can trace them to the anomaly causing them. But every diagnostic, spellbook, and tome I've studied says there is nothing wrong with Mossburg's program to make him act like that. That's why I'm trying to enlist Twilight's help with fixing him; if there's something I've missed, she's gotta have some means of finding it."

Once the two get upstairs, Chassis looks around for where Twilight's staying.

Actions:
Streetwise Check
Roll: 18+5=23

Last edited by jaguargamma on Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Espresso on Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:00 pm

"...Was that the dogs?" Atlas frowns, and tries to open the door from his side. He doesn't intentionally break the door, he swears, it just... happens, sometimes.

Atlas did an Oops:
Athletics: 20+18(skill)+5(FK: breaking things)=43
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma on Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:05 pm

The map is indeed a map. But from the sheer lack of interest from the rest of the Consensus, it's apparent that they no longer have need of it. Which does nothing to assure Mossburg of the other robots' intentions, or their competence in carrying them out.

Seeing nothing of interest about the map, the robot turns away from it and approaches the two ponies.

"Current facility identified as important government structure," he booms. "Information query: What is your purpose?"
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top