Dragon's Feud

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Dragon's Feud

Post  A1C Bronymous on Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:32 am

Sugarcube Corner:
The Gator snaps up the salmon, and as Kabra'za goes back to his work, it turns to stare at the shadow. The shadow almost crumbles in fear of the unknown, slithering back to hide under the Zebra. Gummi stays where he is.

Kabra'za's work is finished, and there is no Pink to be seen.

Town Hall, Upstairs:
Some other ponies direct you towards Twilight's new office, but on the way you pass the Mayor's office. The door is open, and you can see Twilight and Rainbow Dash inside. They seem to be discussing something...

Downstairs:
The ponies look up at the massive robot with wide, concerned eyes. "Uh... we're preparing." "It's a secret thing, for Team Coco Loco. We aren't supposed to tell anypony..."

Carousel Boutique:
Everything goes into epic slow motion as the door just disintegrates under the force of the Minotaur's heroic strength! The mare dives for cover as Atlas' power is put on full display, sending that door back to Tartaurus with the fury of 10000 suns! The explosions can be heard miles away, the fires framing Atlas' powerful form, inspiring courage and determination in all who witness him....

A few moments later, the dust settles, and the pieces of the door litter the floor. The mare looks annoyed at the mess, and whatever that sounds was from inside has ceased, replaced by the sounds of frantic hooves coming up the stairs from the basement...
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Espresso on Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:14 am

"Oh! Gosh, I'm - terribly sorry, I didn't think the door was so fragile, I, er..." Thankfully Atlas's coat is already red, otherwise it'd be obvious that he's blushing fiercely in embarrassment. "I didn't mean to demolish the shopfront..."
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam on Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:11 pm

Secrets shmecrets, Peony says dismissively from inside the bottle. Peony just spoke to pink one, so it totally ok. You spill the beans now! Or Peony curse you with breezie curse!

~Now, Peony, they must have a good reason for keeping it a secret from us...~

Peony humphs. If they so scared of secret getting out they can use mind-speak to tell! Peony not tell anyone. Peony not trust anyone! But Peony important to Pony war with big lizards, yes? So ponies should trust Peony with important secret. Because Peony is important. Yes. More important than anyone!

Helmaroc raises and eyebrow, and Peony concedes, Except Hellie, maybe.

Turning back to the ponies, Peony haughtily expects an answer - be it verbal, or through her generously extended telepathic link.

Helmaroc just gives them an apologetic look. ~It'll be easier if you just tell... She's a stubborn one...~

Good-cop-Bad-cop-Persuasion:
12+18=30. 35 if Freaky Knowledge intimidation applies.
18+6=24
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma on Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:54 pm

Chassis stops at the door.

"Oh, Twi! Didn't expect you here so soon. Uh...hold on a sec."

Zip! Chassis disappears into Twilight's office with her cargo.

Zip! She comes back without it.

"Learned years ago to appreciate having a good boss. That's the appreciation gift."

Chassis's horn lights, and the Mayor's office fills with a magic field.

"Zone-of-silence spell," she says. "You'll wanna start using these. We've got an update, if you've got a moment to hear it."

Mossburg regards the two ponies silently a moment while Peony finishes her tirade, then lowers himself to lie on the floor in front of them.

"Technicality: your laws do not recognize me as any pony."

Not yet, anyway.

Mossburg tilts his head. "This facility was designated as a central structure for Ponyville defense. Pony units critical to important Ponyville defense initiatives are housed in this location. Questioning wisdom of closing this location to prepare for 'secret things' during an ongoing security crisis, during daylight hours."

Actions:
Arcana Check
Roll: 17+12=29

Sense Check
Roll: 19+3=22
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken on Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:28 am

The potions were complete! Content with a job well done, Kabra'za took a moment to wipe his brow before sighing to himself as he knew what was going to have to happen next; If he was going to sneak them into some kind of punch or food stuff, he was going to have to know what they tasted like...

Taking a spoon, he sighed as he took a spoonful of both potions in order to taste them for himself to judge what they tasted like.

Rolls:
Endurance: 13+5+5(FK: Potions)=23
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:25 pm

Carousel Boutique:
The door to the basement flings open. "RAINBOW DASH, I TOLD YOU IF YOU CRASHED INTO MY SHOP ONE MO-" Rarity falters mid-tirade, spotting not a blue pegasus, but a minotaur. "Wha... why..." She stumbles into the destroyed front room. "...did you not like the cape?" She finishes meekly.

Sugarcube Corner:
The potions each taste... well, palatable. To mix them both in the same punch bowl you may need some rather strong, sugary punch- certainly no problem for Pinkie Pie. More importantly, the Zebra immediately starts to feel guilty at tricking and poisoning an entire party's worth of ponies, no matter the reasoning- but after the second taste, it feels quite manageable. Kabra'za is used enough to taste testing his potions, and soon enough the effects wear off. They definitely work...

Town Hall:
By the time Chassis has deposited the phonograph in the office and returned, another pony has arrived as well. "Oh, um sorry," She apologizes, both to Chassis and Cherry, and to the ponies in the office. "I just have a message to Princess Twilight from Ms. Rarity. Its about the diamond dogs we captured." She hands off the note and then excuses herself. Twilight opens the note and reads, while Dash and the Mayor look at you two expectantly...

Downstairs:
The ponies shuffle their hooves nervously. "Well... look, there's a party happening tomorrow morning. Secret Surprise party- Pinkie is trying to keep morale up with more parties. We just have to make sure the room is set up, by making sure nopony comes in and does anything to ruin the decorating..." They produce two small boxes, no bigger than a loaf of bread, each with a single blue button on top. "Once the activity dies down tonight, we set these up, decorate, and then lock the room until tomorrow."
A1C Bronymous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma on Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:15 pm

Chassis glances at the note with some concern, but proceeds with her briefing.

"Well, to start with, the dogs said that their Alpha has some 'smart plan' to spy on us and sabotage our efforts. He's already blackmailed ponies into doing the spying for him. We're thinking whatever he's got planned for the 'sabotage' part, they may be planning to execute it soon. We're operating on the theory that that may be why all the maps in town are missing except the one downstairs."

Actions:
Perception Check
Roll: 2+8=10
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken on Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:36 pm

Guilt was a serpent that Kabra'za hadn't allowed himself to encounter for a very long time; Closing his eyes as he prepared himself for the worst of it, an almost pained whine escaped him as the justifications for his answers were stripped away one by one by the corrosive venom of guilt that was attempting to flow through his veins and strangle his heart. Thankfully the awful feeling was short lived due to the adaption that his body had undergone due to testing his own experiments every now and then in order to ensure that they worked as intended.

Letting out a breath of air that he had been holding, Kabra'za felt his body start to relax as he started to feel more like himself again. All in all it hadn't actually been that bad; He had been able to prevent his mind from wandering down... other routes that honestly would have only soured his mood for the rest of the day if he had brought himself to think about them. Through he was considering the wisdom of trying to mix both potions into the same punch bowl. Yes, it could be done but a punch that strong and sugary might discourage ponies from drinking it. Maybe having two different flavors of punch bowls in order to not only spread the potions out but also give the party go'ers a more enjoyable party?

At any rate, he was going to have to speak with Pinkie Pie about it.
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Espresso on Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:33 am

"What? No! No, no, I, erm, I was just trying to open the door and erm I guess I put in too much bicep into it because the whole wall just fell apart and I- erm, I guess I didn't expect the walls to be so fragile and... er..." Atlas blusters, trying to explain himself. He swears he didn't mean to do it, he just didn't think the walls and door would be so... flimsy."I was, er, just trying to see if there was anything I could help with..."

"... I like the cape...?" He says weakly, his voice trailing off.
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma on Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:37 pm

Mossburg looks down at the tiny boxes, and then around at the rather spacious interior of Town Hall's first floor. He says nothing as he does, letting his nonverbal puzzling communicate his thoughts instead.

Two bread boxes' worth of decorations for such a large room. How does that work?
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam on Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:06 am

Super secret surprise party...

Peony hums. It matches with what she knows of the Pink one, but... so soon before the spy party?

Isn't  Pink One running Dragon Captured party tomorrow too? Two parties so close together?
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven on Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:39 pm

Cherry watches as Twilight takes the letter, but after a moment here gaze is drawn to Rainbow Dash and the Mayor, who seemed to be looking at the two engineers. Cherry couldn't quite figure out why... perhaps her fatigue was still affecting her...
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:19 pm

Downstairs:
"Uh... I don't really know about what parties she has scheduled for when. She just told us to set these up as soon as it was all clear." "It wouldn't surprise me that she's doing two parties in one day. I don't think she really knows what else to do..." "But it's like, i don't think anypony's morale is that low. I mean yeah, we have to ration food, but the dragons haven't really attacked us since they took the castle..."

Upstairs:
Twilight nods along to Chassis' explanation, while reading the note. "Yes, I see... Rarity seems to be verifying that information..." Twilight trails off for a moment, and then folds up the note and tucks it away out of sight. "Well, you are my special team, so I'm glad to have you on the case. You may want to coordinate with Pinkie Pie, though, as part of her team's duties include dealing with possible espionage." She nods to Chassis, and then looks at Cherry. "Ah, actually... Cherry, right? It's good you're here, there's actually something else you could help us with." "We're planning one of our first real strike missions, scouting out along the road you secured and trying to track the dogs back to wherever they're hiding." Rainbow Dash explains with a confident smirk. "I want to get somepony who's already fought the dogs in on the action- experienced leadership and all that. Right now we have a general idea of where to find them, and we're going to start hitting them, so they can't hit us first." "Until Rarity and her team can convince the ones we captured to tell us exactly where their lair is, of course." Twilight interjects. "If you wouldn't mind, you're one of the more well-suited to fight the dogs. We'd like you to go with team Dash and help them accomplish their mission." She then looks to Chassis. "And we have another pony who has volunteered to assist your team waiting downstairs. His talents may be more suited to your current task."

Boustique:
Rarity looks over her destroyed front room- and more importantly the dresses that were on display, now ruined- and takes a few deep breaths. "It's... its ok... nopony is buying dresses at the moment anyway, right?" She asks, more trying to convince herself. "Those can be replaced. Ahem, so, Mr. Atlas. Is there anything you need, because my team is certainly well equipped to manage our guests on our own..."
A1C Bronymous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam on Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:58 pm

Yes... Peony smells much fear in air... caution maybe, but not much fear... Peony agrees with the pony's assessment of morale, before she frowns. Dragons not attack? Even though drawing out war means ponies have more time to reinforce? Strange... maybe dragons stupid.

Helmaroc shrugs. ~Who knows what those dragons are thinking.~

Just big lizards with wings. Peony decides. Not know how to initiate total domination at all. Amateurs.

The breezie flutters her non-functional wings, and turns haughtily away from the ponies. Good work, ponies. Continue inane exercises of celebration preparation.
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken on Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:37 pm

With a glance towards his shadow, Kabra'za softly asked it "Would you mind watching the potions while I track down Pinkie?" Without protest, the shadow disconnected from him as it took up position to protect the two potions, freeing its master up to go and see if he could track down the pink one.

Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven on Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:37 pm

Downstairs in the lobby, a particular unicorn pony waited, adjusting his square classes as he did so. His coat was a pale khaki, and his mane and tail consisted of thick black and white stripes, smooth and medium-length. He wore a khaki vest, even paler than his coat, with several pockets on the outside - and as he waited he levitated a small pocket watch from one of the pouches and examined it. His name was Wandering Eye, and he was a scholar of magic, ancient ruins, and things that were safely outside the knowledge of most of ponykind. But his real special talent was uncovering secrets. He had no real connection to Ponyville - he was just passing through, really - but he was always happy to aid Equestria in its time of need. If there was anypony in the town who could unravel the mystery of the spies in Ponyville, it was him.

After looking at his watch, he returned it to his pocket, deciding that he was early enough that he could spare a trip to the colt's room before he had to meet the ponies he'd be working with. Thus, he trotted off to find the restroom...

...Leaving as the sole occupant of the lobby, a relatively plain unicorn stallion with a rainy blue coat and a black mane, who sat in the lobby reading a newspaper...

Last edited by Dusk Raven on Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Espresso on Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:40 pm

"I'm, uh..." Atlas looks around, still feeling incredibly guilty for the mess he's made. "Well I had time, and I thought maybe I could come back and help... if you needed it..."

Atlas sighs. "I should clean up the mess I made myself, at least," he offers. "And I was just wondering if the diamond dogs wanted anything, since I promised they'd be treated well."
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma on Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:22 pm

"Oh, we've already got a plan with her for dealing with the spies. We're just making sure the spies don't execute their plans before she gives the word. That said, we're concerned about you being one of their targets, Twi, so be careful out there."

With that, Chassis dispels her zone of silence.

"I left you some records for the player," she says as she turns to leave, her voice now pleasant. "Enjoy!"

On her way out, she says to Cherry, "Good luck and have fun blowing up the forest!"

Mossburg takes passive notice of the unicorns in the lobby before he turns his attention back to the two ponies in front of him.

"Observation. Pony units operate in varied work shifts. Pinkie Pie unit may have scheduled party functions to allow everypony to attend during scheduled rest periods."

"And that," Chassis chimes in as she comes down the stairs, "may be the first thing about her I've heard that makes sense. Cherry's getting moved to the rainbow squad, and we're getting a new guy. Let's go grab him and check in with the zebra."

She scans the lobby on her way in for this new teammate Twilight talked about, and lands on the unicorn reading a newspaper. Seeing nopony else, she trots over.

"Excuse me. Are you here to help Twilight?"

Last edited by jaguargamma on Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven on Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:38 pm

The unicorn jolts a little bit at suddenly being addressed, and does his best to recover. "Sorry, I was just distracted, I was waiting and..." He clears his throat. "Yes. Everypony's been doing what they can to help, and I wanted to play my part too... so I sent a request to Twilight to see if there was anything I could do to help."

Last edited by Dusk Raven on Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma on Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:22 pm

Chassis glances around. Seeing nopony else, she shrugs and extends a hoof.

"Then I guess you're the guy she's putting with us. Welcome aboard. I'm Brass Rivet, but everypony calls me Chassis."
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven on Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:58 am

The shrug was not unnoticed by the new pony, but he did his best to ignore it and reached out his own hoof. "I'm Night Rain. I'll do my best to help with whatever you need. I've got a few talents here and there, but most of all I'm willing to do my best." He offered a slight smile, hoping he wasn't about to get in over his head...

Last edited by Dusk Raven on Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam on Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:12 am

What this?

With a few powerful flaps, Helmaroc makes a lazy loop through the air and lands directly onto Night Rain's back. Static electricity crackles from the guardian eagle's wings, making his hairs stand on end.

New blood.

Peony sniffs the air. Hm. Smells ineffectual. Not impressed.

~...You mean intellectual?~

Same difference. Peony waves Helmaroc off dismissively. But Peony supposes all help is appreciated now.
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma on Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:19 pm

"That's Peony and Helmaroc. The big robot is Mossburg. We're about to head out into town and check in with the rest of us. We'll bring you up to speed on the way."

With that, Chassis leads the rest of the group present out the door, briefing their new guy on what's happened so far as she goes.
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven on Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:54 pm

Night Rain nervously raises an eyebrow at Peony, and holds back the comment he might otherwise have made about the breezy's size. He does his best to absorb the information Chassis gives him on the situation...

Meanwhile, back in the lobby, Wandering Eye exited the bathroom and returned to his seat. He noted the absence of the pony who had been sitting in the room with him, but he paid the detail no mind as he patiently waited...
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:14 pm

Sugarcube:
As Kabra'za leaves the room, the shadow takes up surveillance of the two potions. Predictably, they don't do much. After a few moments, the shadow detects another presence, and turns to see... another shadow. This one is somehow pinker than shadows normally are, and sports a bubbly mane style. She-Who-is-Pinkest's shadow also stares at the potions, clearly confused.

Kabraza finds Pinkie Pie easily enough, as she does some light cleaning of the front room of the bakery. "Howdy Hi! Didja mix up those potions already?"

Carousel:
Rarity glances to the door, and then gives a short 'ahem'. "Yes, well, we have the Diamond Dogs all taken care of, they have not been harmed or mistreated, rest assured. And..." She looks over the destroyed room again with a sigh. "Ill have to contact the builders to fix the wall, which is just normal every day business around here. If you'd like to help clean up, then by all means, but I have work I still need to attend to..." She turns back toward the basement. "I'm afraid there's really nothing else I have for you until I hear back from Twilight."
A1C Bronymous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top