You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Page 6 of 31 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  Faege on Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:03 am

Dove Colt's wings flare again as he brings forth another flock of pigeons. Glancing at the obviously wounded creature, he whistles, and out of the skies a torrent of pigeons engulfs the chimera. A few moments later the pigeons depart, leaving a chimera trussed up in bandages.

(Chimera gains 50 HP)

Actions:
[-4] Air Support - Standard Action (Healing, Burst)
Do each of the following:
-Target creature gains 10 Life.
-Target creature gains 10 Life.
-Target creature gains 10 Life.
-Target creature gains 10 Life.
-Target creature gains 10 Life.
You may choose different targets for each effect.

Status:
HP 84
Energy 2
Conjuration Energy 3
Dove Charges 1

Faege
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Posts : 197
Join date : 2015-06-29
Location : Going down in China Town

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  Senshuken on Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:09 am

As the swarm of biting insects started to withdraw to regroup, Crimson couldn't help but growl a little under his breath in order to try and numb out the pain. Somepony might have found it ironic that the swarm of insects had tried to eat a chef, but Crimson himself was just kind of annoyed by the situation to really care; Locust bites hurt damn it!

If the swarm was saying anything it wasn't doing it in a language that he understood... and its actions clearly made its intentions to go down fighting clear to any who cared to look for such things. It was time to step things up a little...

Reaching into a pouch that was kept separate from the other spice and flavor balls that he carried around to use as projectiles, Crimson took a hold of one of his red combat balls; They needed to be kept separate from each other and anything else due to the kind of damage it could do to him if one ever popped in one of his pouches. Dragon grade steak sauce was not consumable by normal ponies due largely to the fact that it would quite literally melt their tongues and stomachs if they ever tried to ingest it; It also tended not to do the skin any favors if you spilled it on you. Pulling his arm back, Crimson lobbed the little ball into the swarm of locusts, making down sure to aim for a part of the swarm that didn't currently have anything remotely allied to him in the blast area.

It was only once the ball was out of sight and lost in the swarm that it exploded, delivering its payload outwards in an explosion of a substance that dragons ate when they wanted to try something hot and spicy.

Actions and Dice Rolls:

[-5] Dragon Grade Steak Sauce Ball (Unreasonably Large Arrow) - Standard Action (Attack, Single) [1/Short Rest]
Deal 10d10 damage to target creature.

Dice rolls:4,8,5,10,4,5,9,7,5,3 = 60 damage to Swarm

Jester’s Fortune - 1 10 crit.
[10] - Special
You may immediately use Bag of Tricks thrice.

[0] Bag of Tricks - Special
Roll 1d6, and activate the corresponding effect:
1) Target creature gains 1 energy.
2) Target creature suffers 2 Ongoing Damage (save ends). (Attack, Single, Affliction)
3) Deal 3 damage to target creature. (Attack, Single)
4) Target creature suffers Weakness 4.
5) Target creature gains 5 Life. (Single, Healing)
6) Deal 6 damage to target creature and gain 6 life. (Attack, Single, Healing)

Dice rolls: 4,1,3

Crimson gained 1 energy.
Locust Swarm suffers Weakness 4 and 3 damage.


Status:

HP: 76
Energy: 1
Conditions: None.
avatar
Senshuken
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 413
Join date : 2013-08-08
Age : 25
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  Sliverbrony on Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:35 am

As hostilities begin to start up again, Zellbriq begins to growl at the swarm of locusts, ponies speaking animla can understand it to mean Stand down, or else.... At the same time, Inu just barely manages not to colapse, and gets hold up by Zellbriq.

used stuff:

Intimidating Growl (Soothing Voice) (3) – 1/Extended Rest
Target hostile creature must make a Will check with a DC of 20 + (Your Level). If it fails, it stops being hostile until something happens that would cause it to become hostile again. You also gain a sense of why it was hostile to you in the first place.

Aspect of the Alpha (at the end of your turn, if you did not use a Wolf power, gain the following effect): Target creature gains 5 Life and 1 Energy.


status:

Zellbriq:
76 HP
3 Energy
2 charges madcat

Inu:
11HP
3Energy
Holding action till this is resolved if possible.

Sliverbrony
Background Pony
Background Pony

Posts : 94
Join date : 2015-02-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

1.15

Post  AleneShazam on Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:09 am

Instead of scattering, this time the swarm takes the attacks in stride, practically ignoring the magical blast and hail of feathers, and only distending its amorphous shape slightly as the sauce ball explodes at the center of its mass. It’s clear that damage has been dealt - dead or dying locusts litter the streets, and the swarm’s mass is diminished visibly - just, not enough to stop it, as it throws Daff aside with a writhing limb, and raises another tendril, which shapes itself not into a broad bludgeoning club as before, but a pointed, writhing lance of living blades.

Leveling the limb-spear at the chimera, it moves to strike, but stops when the timberwolf addresses it. ~Or else what? You attack my swarm with this weak pack of ponies?~

The tendrils all withdraw back into the swarm, which at this point resembles a constantly shifting glossy black cloud. A menacing hiss comes from within, and in a CRACK like a peal of thunder, the entire mass of the swarm becomes electrified, like a raging storm cloud.

~My swarm will feed and we will grow. You deny us this natural right, and your kind will be hunted down like the prey that you are~
The swarm lashes out with a crackling limb that misses the chimera, its intended target, and almost effortlessly smashes through a car behind the chimera, leaving its entire top caved in.

(Saved against Grapple. Intimidating Growl still in effect.)
avatar
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1004
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  Faege on Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:28 am

"Guys! The Wolfpack is trying to get it to back off, hold on for just a moment!" Dove Colt shouts, holding up a hoof. He glances hopefully at the swarm - maybe it'll listen?

Faege
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Posts : 197
Join date : 2015-06-29
Location : Going down in China Town

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  Sliverbrony on Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:30 am

As Zellbriq sees the destruction by the Chimera he messages every one telepathicly: Yeah as he said, that last growl normaly get's them to stand down, so maybe don't hurt it till it hits one of us. He then howls out and another spirit puppy apears, this one wearing what looks liek a first aid pack on its back. he then tries to tend to Inus wounds soem more, who sits there licking her wounds. As soon as it get's it's bearings, the little puppy also goes and helps Inu.

used stuff:

[+1] Summoning Howl: Support (Conjure Dispenser) - Standard Action (Conjuration)
Create a conjuration with the following statblock.
Dispenser - 3 Charges
{1} Med-Kit (Healing)
Target creature gains 7 Life.
{1} Antidote (Healing)
Target creature makes a saving throw.
{1} Stim-Pack
Target creature deals an additional 5 damage to the target of its next Single Attack Power.

[-1] Revive Companion - Minor Utility (Healing)
Your Companion gains 5 Life.

Aspect of the Alpha (at the end of your turn, if you did not use a Wolf power, gain the following effect): Target creature gains 5 Life and 1 Energy.

{1} Med-Kit (Healing)
Target creature gains 7 Life.

status:

Zellbriq: 76 HP
            3 Energy
            3 charges on MadCat
Inu:        28 HP
             4 Energy
PuppyHeal: 2 charges

Sliverbrony
Background Pony
Background Pony

Posts : 94
Join date : 2015-02-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  Senshuken on Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:24 am

When Dove and Zellbriq claimed that the Swarm of Locust's was talking them and was standing down (At least for the time being), Crimson didn't question it. Both of them had a talent for talking with animals it seemed and he was inclined to trust his teammates on this matter. Finding the fact that he himself couldn't speak to animals, Crimson felt like he had a major handicap when it came to trying to be the spokespony of their party in this matter and thus decided to leave the matter of diplomacy to those who could do the talking... through he would happily provide assistance where required.

While he waited through, he started to sort through his remaining gumballs, giving him some idea of what he still had access to and trying to come up with new ideas once things started to spiral out of control again like he suspected that they would.

Dice rolls and abilities:

[+3] Sorting through Gumballs (Powerspark) - Standard Action
Roll 1d8+1d10+1d12.
Rolls: 5, 6, 10.


Status:

HP: 76
Energy: 4
Conditions: None.
avatar
Senshuken
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 413
Join date : 2013-08-08
Age : 25
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  jaguargamma on Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:59 am

Trapshot puts whatever plan of action she had on hold when the members of the group that can understand the swarm's hisses and growls start actually translating for her.

So this thing does understand language.

She holsters the revolvers, but keeps the shotgun ready. The critter-talkers are saying to back off, but this thing's crackling with lightning.

And that fire hydrant it smashed a moment ago is spewing up a geyser of water.

Hmm...

She steps away from the group, and calls Ol' Trigger to her.

While the truck responds to her hail, Trapshot steals a glance to the surrounding area. The sidewalks, the bank, the tops of the buildings.

Did anypony else show up while we were fighting?

Actions:
Minor Action

Holster Revolvers

Standard Action

Call Ol' Trigger

Free Action

Perception Check: 4+13=17
avatar
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 296
Join date : 2016-02-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

1.16

Post  AleneShazam on Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:58 am

A quick scan tells Trapshot that the coast is mostly still clear - down the street there are some ponies peeking around the corners, cautiously observing the battle from a safe distance away. The most pressing issue is a terrified looking pegasus hiding in their car thirty odd feet away - with the speed at which the swarm moves, the pegasus could be in danger before the group can effectively respond.

Without even shifting its focus from the chimera, the swarm slams an electrified limb just inches from the slowly advancing truck. The message is clear: Stop.
avatar
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1004
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  jaguargamma on Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:22 pm

Trapshot rolled her eyes and gives the command to stop the truck. Then slings the shotgun over her back.

Chirp.

And then disappears.

Using the Invis Watch cloak as cover, Trapshot withdraws to the side of the pegasus's car facing away from the swarm.

Actions:
Free Action

Stop the Truck

Minor Action

Holster the shotgun

Standard Action

Invis Watch (Stealth Mode) (3) – 2/Extended Rest
Time: 5 Seconds
For the next five minutes, or until you enter combat, you gain a +15 bonus to your Stealth checks, and a -5 penalty to Might and Acrobatics checks.

Stealth Check: 19+8+15=42
avatar
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 296
Join date : 2016-02-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  Faege on Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:35 pm

Dove Colt jumps as the limb slams down, but tentatively, activates his empathy again. ~What- what are you looking for? What does your swarm need to survive?~

He takes a careful step forward, making clear that he's not hostile. ~Maybe we can help you?~

Mentally, however, he prepares himself, having a flock of birds station themselves nearby so he can mobilize them at a moment's notice.

Actions:
[-1] Gather Flock – Standard Action
At the end of your next turn, you gain 6 energy.
Status:
HP 83
Energy 2
Conjuration Energy 3
Dove Charges 1

Faege
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Posts : 197
Join date : 2015-06-29
Location : Going down in China Town

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  nightlight on Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:57 pm

Daff stumbles backwards as he’s thrown off the swarm. He’s about to charge right back in when a voice speaks in his mind again.

Sliverbrony wrote: Yeah as he said, that last growl normaly get's them to stand down, so maybe don't hurt it till it hits one of us

Daff stops himself mid-stride. "Well, if you say so," he says uncertainly to Rousseau, who is still buried somewhere in his mane, covering his eyes. Daff reaches up and pulls the squirrel out, setting him back on the very top of his head again. So he can get a better view, of course.

Daff's gaze ping pongs between Dove Colt, Zellbriq, and the big swarm of insects.

"What do you think they’re saying? Do you think it’s working?" he whispers loudly to Crimson as he steps beside him. He doesn't yet notice the disappearance of one of their numbers.

Actions:
Rousseau uses Psionic Charge, giving Daff +3 energy (current energy: 5). Rousseau has 0 charges and is unsummoned.

Diff uses Send In the Squirrel. (current energy: 2)
Send In the Squirrel:
[-3] Send in the Squirrel (Conjure Spellemental) - Standard Action (Conjuration)
Create a conjuration with the following statblock:

Rousseau (Spellemental) - 3 Charges

{1} Throw Acorn (Spell Blast) - (Single, Attack)

Deal 12 damage to target creature.

{1} Psionic Charge (Gift of Magic) (Single)

Target creature gains 3 energy.


Current Status:
Life: 112/140
Fatal Damage: 0
Energy: 2
Challenging: Swarm
Conditions: None

Summons: Rousseau (3 charges)
avatar
nightlight
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 228
Join date : 2015-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  Paper Shadow on Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:29 pm

Madame Mask, not really sure what is happening, turns to her decoy, who is now floating upwards away from the street, and the pair shrugs at each other in confusion. She is aware she's out of her depth though. Her resume involves tormenting and attacking civilians, not dealing with monsters...

(Quickdraw)
(Vampiric Blade)
(Spark Blade)
(Flame Blade)
(Cursed Blade)

HP: 88
Energy: 2
Status: Out of the Loop, Next Single Target Attack heals Madame Mask for 5 HP, deals an addition 1d10 + 6 damage, applies Ongoing Damage 10 (Save Ends)

_________________
Ellipses are kinda my thing...

Based Emotion Chart:
avatar
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Posts : 3642
Join date : 2012-11-23
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  Espresso on Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:38 pm

~Why are you aiding that... that... freak of nature?~ Chimera growls quietly at the colt, its tone angry but hushed, but does not interfere... for now. If things got out of hand, Chimera has a plan.

Subtly, the snake tail embeds itself into the ground, and a wave of green energy pulses from Chimera's body into the ground, which then leaps up around Dove Colt filling the little colt with energy and vitality. ~You're going to regret offering to help it~ Chimera mutters.

Stuff:
[+1] Innervate - Standard Action (Form, Growth)
You and another target creature both gain 2 energy.
>>Dove Colt gains 2 energy.

[-2] Bloom of Life - Standard Action (Form, Healing, Growth)
You and another target creature both gain 3d6+7 Life.
>>Dove Colt recovers (10) + 7 life.

Status:
96 HP
4 Energy
Ferocious Charge: 4
Cunning Charge: 5
Growth Charge: 4
avatar
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 295
Join date : 2015-11-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

1.17

Post  AleneShazam on Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:28 am

The swarm leans close to Dove Colt, still crackling angrily with electricity, and a sudden intake of air blows Dove Colt’s cape forward towards the swarm a little. ~You… cannot help me. We need to hunt… We need the sky princess… Yes… Sky princess… Sky ponies… their magic… You are too young, too small, too weak… You are useless to us…~

Lightning courses within the swarm, and the buzzing grows more intense, like the locusts within are growing more energetic and charged up. ~We tire… of… waiting. I commend your courage, timberwolf… from one predator… to another. Our prey do not conflict… The swarm has… no further quarrel… with you. Leave now… take the wretched Chimera with you… and your pack will remain intact this day…~

The swarm moves to leave, but at the last minute, the entire mass freezes up, the buzzing growing several times more intense. ~Wait… this scent…~

The whole mass of the swarm swivels on the spot, each locust suddenly focused on the car where Trapshot is trying to get the pegasus from. ~SKY PONY~

~LEECH IT DRY~ Completely ignoring everything else, the swarm surges forward in a tide of crackling electricity and darkness, purple lightning flashing within, charging towards the car… and Trapshot.
avatar
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1004
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  Sliverbrony on Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:44 am

Seeing the mass of Insects head towards trapshot, Zellbriq tlepathicly warns her: Watch out it's coming for you As soon as that message got to trapshot, he summons a second puppy to keep track of the insects. When that is done, he turns to the swarm and says in animal: You say you will let my pack stray Intact, so why do you charge at somepony that I consider part of the pack?. Meanwhile the small puppy with the first aid pack gives Inu a potion that seams to give her a small boost, before she charges at the swarm panting You not hurt sky pony and Slashes her claws through the Locusts trying to hit atleast one of them.

Stuff used:

zellbriq:

[-1] Commanding Bark (Command) - Standard Action (Single)
Target creature may immediately take a standard action. on Trapshot

[0] Chosen Prey(Deathmark) – Free [1/Round]
Put a Deathmark on target creature. A creature can have any number of Deathmarks. on the insects

Aspect of the Alpha (at the end of your turn, if you did not use a Wolf power, gain the following effect): Target creature gains 5 Life and 1 Energy.on himself

PuppyHeal:

{1} Stim-Pack
Target creature deals an additional 5 damage to the target of its next Single Attack Power. on Inu

Inu:

[+2] Slash - Standard Action (Attack, Single)
Deal 2d6 damage to target creature. dmage on swarm: 2d6+5 14


Status:

Zellbriq:  81 HP
            3 Energy
            4 charges on MadCat
Inu:       28 HP
           6 Energy

PuppyHeal: 1 Charge


Sliverbrony
Background Pony
Background Pony

Posts : 94
Join date : 2015-02-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  Senshuken on Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:48 am

The situation seemed to be taking a turn for the worse, but considering that he didn't understand the language that the discussion was being discussed in and what they were talking to amounted to what was effectively a giant swarm of locusts, reading the intentions of the swarm or if the situation had finally gone to the pits of Tartarus or not was actually kind of hard...

Still, the timber wolves at least seemed to be abandoning their attempts to talk the swarm down so that was as good a sign as any that peace talks had failed and now it was time for hostilities to resume. Taking a deep breath, Crimson flicked a gumball into his mouth; The observant eye would notice that it was red with two blue lines circling the equator. This little detail was of vital importance considering that it contained elements of the same dragon grade steak sauce that had melted a decent chunk of the swarm just moments ago... but prepared in a different way to get a much different effect. Mixing the two gumballs up was ill advised due to the fact that there was a very real chance it would be the last thing the pony who did it would ever do.

Waiting for the gumball to kick in, Crimson started to take aim at the swarm to make sure that A) What he was about to do was going to do the most amount of damage possible while B) Avoiding hitting one of his team mates in the process. Sadly he couldn't tell his teammates what he was doing due to the fact that he had to keep his mouth shut, but all that meant was that he had to be careful with where he was aiming this thing was all.

Actions:
[+2] Take Aim - Standard Action (Self)
Your next Single Attack Power deals an additional 1d12 damage to its target.

Status:

HP: 76
Energy:6
Conditions: None.
avatar
Senshuken
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 413
Join date : 2013-08-08
Age : 25
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  Faege on Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:46 am

"Sky pony? Sky princess? What- Oh pluck, LOOK OUT!"

Dove Colt's wings glow with blinding light as he grits his teeth, commanding as many of the remaining birds as he can muster, commanding them all to dive-bomb the swarm - the fight just got serious....

Quickly turning to his allies, he shouts, "It's after pegasi! Their magic - it's where the locusts gets their power!"

Actions:
[-7] A Murder Of Doves - Standard Action (Attack, Burst)
Do each of the following:
-Deal 1d4+2 damage to target creature.
-Deal 1d6+3 damage to target creature.
-Deal 1d8+4 damage to target creature.
-Deal 1d10+5 damage to target creature.
-Deal 1d12+6 damage to target creature.
You may choose different targets for each effect.

4+2, 4+3, 6+4, 10+5, 4+6 = 6, 7, 10, 15, 10, = 48

[10] - Special (Attack, Single)
Deal 2d10 damage to target creature.

7,3 = 10

Life 99
Energy 7
Conjuration Energy 3

Faege
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Posts : 197
Join date : 2015-06-29
Location : Going down in China Town

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  jaguargamma on Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:44 am

Trapshot had been keeping an ear on the swarm's hisses and growls, listening for any signs that her rescue attempt had been noticed.

Suddenly, hisses and growls turn into a full-on roar coming toward her position.

Ah, dangit!

Trapshot slides across the hood of the car and puts herself between it and the swarm, then lines up a shot on where the swarm is the most dense. The Invis Watch detects Trapshot's intentions, and deactivates the cloak in response. To everyone else present, she pops back into existence with her gun ready to fire.

POW!

The shot that fires from the gun crackles with electricity as the taser round embedded in the slug activates in mid-air and glows as the electricity ignites the pepper coating.

As she racks the slide to chamber the next round, the handle on the car door behind her flashes, and the door pops open. She ducks into the backseat of the car and pulls the door closed with her foreleg.

"Start the car and floor it outta here. I'll keep ya covered!"

Actions:
Move Action

Move to passenger's side of the car.

Standard Actions

[+2] Center Mass (Take Aim)
Standard Action (Self)
Screw headshots.
Your next Single Attack Power deals an additional 1d12 damage to its target.

Action puts Trapshot back in combat.

[+2] Stun Slug (Electrocuting Arrow)
Standard Action (Attack, Single) [1/Short Rest] (Combat Trait)
Rubber Slug wired with a Taser Barb and coated in Pepperball irritant.
Deal 1d4+1d6+1d8+1d10+1d12+1d20 damage to target creature.

Crack Shot
Your first Single Attack Power each round deals an additional 2d6 damage to its target. (Upgraded x1)

[0] Assassinate
Reaction (Single, Attack) (Destiny)
Trigger – You deal damage to a creature that has one of your Markers.
Effect – You may remove up to 3 of your Markers from that creature. Deal damage to that creature based on the number of Markers removed. (1 Marker removed, 2d8)

Rolls

1d4: 2
3d6: 10 (4+4+2)
3d8: 12 (4+6+2)
1d10: 9
2d12: 13 (10+3)
1d20: 17

Total Roll: 63

Stalk the Prey: 10

TOTAL: 73

Minor Action

Get into the car.

Status:
HP: 53
Energy: 7


Last edited by jaguargamma on Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:50 pm; edited 4 times in total
avatar
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 296
Join date : 2016-02-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  Paper Shadow on Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:46 pm

Madame Mask is slow to react to the rushing swarm, preferring to pull out the card Ferrum gave her and nonchalantly says "Sunglow." Meanwhile she shoots a prepared spell at the swarm and begins checking if she can sense magic from the swarm. If they are absorbing magic, then that will give her something to play with...

(Devouring Blade)
(Quickshot: Swarm takes 29 damage (7 + 7 (1d10) + 6 + 9), suffers Ongoing Damage 10 (Save Ends), suffers Weakness 9, Madame Mask gains 5 Life)
(Arcana Check: 1 / (6) (Roll) + 18 (Skill) + 5 (Sixth Sense) = 29)

HP: 93
Energy: 2
Status: On the Phone... Card

_________________
Ellipses are kinda my thing...

Based Emotion Chart:
avatar
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Posts : 3642
Join date : 2012-11-23
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  nightlight on Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:11 pm

Dove Colt yells out his warning, translating the conversation for the others. That, along with the sudden movement of the swarm towards the civilian, tells Daff the wait and see phase has ended. It's back to his favorite part.

"Now is not the time to eat things!" he calls to Crimson, rearing up and kicking at the air with his forelegs. He drops to the ground and gallops after the Swarm as fast as he can. "Come on, Rousseau, we have to do something!"  With a nod of his head, he bumps the squirrel forward, who slides onto Daff's nose as they charge towards the swarm, a dangerous black cloud of crackling electricity. Rousseau clings to Daff's nose.

Up ahead, there is a soft blue light as the droplets in the air around the swarm, and the water on the insects themselves begins to glow. The droplets, looking like minuscule Hearth's Warming ornaments, begin dancing in orbit around each other. Then, with a sharp, almost musical crack, the water nearest the center of the swarm freezes. Ice begins spreading across the surface of the insects, growing in thin lines between droplets of water and soaked locusts in a patiently growing web of white and glass, encasing parts of the swarm as it expands.

Actions:

Rousseau uses Psionic Charge. Daff 's current energy is 5.
Psionic Charge:
{1} Psionic Charge (Gift of Magic) (Single)
Target creature gains 3 energy.

Water on and around swarm is taken control of.
Water Control:
Water Control (1) - At Will
You may mentally pick up or manipulate water you can see within 50 feet of you with a total volume of 200 gallons or less. You can move water you control at a foot per second. The water does not need to be completely pure, but you cannot affect the water within living creatures using this ability.

Flash Freeze used on controlled water for 6 seconds, freezing 6 gallons worth of water.
Flash Freeze:
Flash Freeze (1) - At Will
Time: Variable
You can freeze water you are controlling at 1 gallon/second.

Current Status:
Life: 112/140
Fatal Damage: 0
Energy: 5
Challenging: Swarm
Conditions: None

Summons: Rousseau (2 charges)
avatar
nightlight
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 228
Join date : 2015-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  Espresso on Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:10 am

~LEAVE THE CIVILIAN OUT OF THIS~ Chimera roars, flames spewing out of its maw. ~OUR FIGHT IS NOT OVER~

Hurling itself at the swarm, green flame bursts to life around its claws, and Chimera rakes its razor claws through the swarm, trying to halt its advance.

Actions:
First stalking the swarm, then using keen eye and Ambush. Then re-applying Keen eye onto the swarm and challenging it. All crits on the swarm.

5,7,2,8,+12 = 34.
Crit effect
3) Deal 3 damage to target creature. (Attack, Single)
4) Target creature suffers Weakness 4.

[+4] Stalk - Standard Action (Attack, Ferocious, Form, Single)
Choose a creature. Your next Single Attack Power targeting that creature deals an additional 6 damage to it.

[-1] Ambush - Standard Action (Attack, Single, Form, Cunning)
Deal 4d8 damage to target creature.

[-1] Keen Eye - Free Action (Form, Cunning)
Choose a creature. Your next Single attack against that creature deals an additional 1d6 damage. You may remove a Charge from Form of the Cunning to increase that attack’s damage by 6 instead.

[0] Guardian’s Challenge -  Free Action (Challenge) [1/Round]
Challenge target creature until the end of your next turn.

Status:
96 HP
6 Energy
Ferocious Charge: 4
Cunning Charge: 3
Growth Charge: 5
avatar
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 295
Join date : 2015-11-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

1.18

Post  AleneShazam on Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:27 am

Madame Mask’s scan tells her that rather than being a swarm of insects, the swarm is more akin to an elemental, rare creatures that embody a particular element. The two aren’t exactly the same, but the locusts seem to be charged full of powerful weather magic, so much so that it’s more likely that they are meant to host this much weather magic, as even most pegasi don’t have the capacity to hold this much power.

The swarm hurtles forward at the pegasus, completely disregarding the group’s attempts at stopping it. The ice encasing the swarm seems to stall them for a moment, but before their very eyes, the swarm dissolves into a literal bolt of lightning that leaps free of the ice, reforming into the physical mass within moments and continuing on its charge. Trapshot’s slug meets the swarm head on, and though the swarm seems to simply engulf the shot, moments later the back portion of the swarm explodes outwards, throwing locusts through the air like deadly shrapnel. Still it powers on, but from behind, the Chimera tackles it and begins savaging the swarm. Buzzing angrily, a portion of the swarm finally splits off and engages the Chimera, shocking it repeatedly with lightning and slicing away with razor sharp fangs - but it seems that the Chimera's green fire is keeping them at bay.

The front - majority - of the swarm, however, continues forward, smashing into the car with a surprisingly weak impact. The front of the car crumples in, and the windshield cracks, but the swarm fails to gain entry, slamming the locusts again and again into the windshield in rage - but without the rest of the locusts, it simply lacks the mass to power through the glass. Panicking, the pegasus floors the gas and steers the car away from the swarm.

~NO~

The locusts draw back, hissing angrily. ~Your interference has cost me another hunt, Chimera! How much longer do you intend to hound me? I merely seek to retrieve what was once mine~

The swarm suddenly fans out, splitting into numerous small groups, and Chimera recognizes the signs of the Locusts attempting to escape. ~You will not bar me from my freedom!~

(Chimera takes 0 damage)
avatar
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1004
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  Espresso on Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:36 am

Roaring angrily, the Chimera swipes furiously at the crowd attacking it, flapping its wings to throw the locusts off and keep itself from harm.

REACTION!:
[-2] Evade - Reaction (Form, Cunning)
Trigger - A creature targets you with an Attack Power.
Effect - Reduce the damage you take by 5 and deal 1d6 damage to the triggering creature.

6, +6 = 12 damage
avatar
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 295
Join date : 2015-11-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  jaguargamma on Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:45 am

Trapshot holds her shotgun to the window, tense and ready to open fire the instant the swarm broke through. For a brief moment, it almost feels like the swarm just might break through as it hits the windshield over and over...

Then the car lurches forward, and the swarm outside disappears.

She lowers her weapon and exhales, then watches out the back window until the swarm is out of sight.

"I don't think it's followin'," she pants, then smiles at the pegasus through the rearview mirror. "Y'alright, killer?"
avatar
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 296
Join date : 2016-02-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 31 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum