Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are (Not) the Heroes IC

+4
Senshuken
Espresso
nightlight
Sliverbrony
8 posters

Page 27 of 32 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 32  Next

Go down

You are (Not) the Heroes IC - Page 27 Empty Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  Faege Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:42 am

Dove steps up to the hollow wall. A secret room? Some kind of hidden vault?
Tapping the wall experimentally, he nods, and then backs up a little bit - and then strikes a pose, pawing at the ground like a charging bull.

"Dynamic---"

Doves start coalescing around him, Dragon-Ball-Z-charge-up style, and a breeze starts to pick up around him, swirling around in a localized cyclone.

"--ENTRY!!!"

As the doves reach critical mass, Dove lets loose a burst of wind and feathers that catapults him towards the hollow wall in a mass of corkscrewing wind and feathers and doves, hooves outstretched in a literal flying drop-kick.

"HIYYAAAA---!!!!"

Breaking and Entering, Dove Style!:

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

You are (Not) the Heroes IC - Page 27 Empty 3.23

Post  AleneShazam Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:52 am

Dove Colt:
The storm of doves and wind spins through the air like a precision drill, and with pin-point accuracy Dove Colt plows into the wall, boring straight through the thin panel and leaving in his wake a spiraling hole roughly Dove Colt's size.

Sitting up amidst a small pile of debris, Dove finds himself in a small room, maybe 15 feet across in each direction. The floor and wall (except for where Dove punched through) are concrete, and Dove suspects that if he didn't have as fine a control on his trajectory as he did, the thing that broke would have been his hooves instead of the wall. More interesting, though, is the worktable set into a corner of the room, the various tools and equipment strewn around, and the numerous designs and blue-prints plastered across the walls and scattered across the floor. It's quite dark in the room too, illuminated only by light spilling in from the outside.

Team (perhaps soon not to be) Still In The Room:
Lex gestures at the door of the testing area. "You saw the area where I was developing the other suits - the Presence suit is being worked on there, too. I have it activated right now to test its maximum duration, so I don't think you'd have noticed on the way in... You're free to take a look around, and talk to the developers in the lab. I've informed them of your visit, and if you say it's for business they shouldn't have any problems."

Turning to Crimson, Lex says, "Well... You can speak to me, or you can speak to Gilgamesh. We're the only ones who know about the project... ah, there used to be a third contributor, the previous head of Lexicon Labs, but he passed away some time ago. And- hrm, Gilgamesh handles the cleaning of the workspace. He's... multi-talented."

Madame Mask, meanwhile, who has been standing to one side quietly observing the proceedings, suddenly senses strange magical disturbances coming from... somewhere. (Arcana prompt)
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Espresso Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:29 am

"That's quite impressive," Gaia walks up to the hole, and pokes her head through, noting how it almost doesn't fit. "...But how are we going to fit into this hole, little one?"

Taking a few steps back, Gaia's form ripples and morphs to resemble a charging animal - broader shoulders, stout legs, and thicker build - and then she charges, throwing her entire weight against the panel, trying to smash it so both she and Daff will fit through.

(Might, with Brawny and Haste for charging and breaking down the panel: 10 +8 +4 +5 +5 = 32)

Once she's clear of the door frame, she morphs back into her usual pegasus form and stares at the scene within the hidden room.

"...Hmm. I think we'll need one of the others to take a look at this. I'm not much for technology or gadgetry."
Espresso
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:04 pm

Daff was about to try the same thing on the wall to make room for both himself and Gaia (perhaps shouting something dramatic at the same time... although "Dynamic Entry" was already taken, so he's not quite sure what he would have used... He's kind of glad he didn't try to break through right away, because he's not very good at thinking up stuff on the spot while charging at walls). When Gaia does it first instead and quite effectively, his pupils briefly turn into little hearts. They disappear, floating off in a random direction through the air as he shakes his head to clear it. Focus, pony! Focus!

When he enters the room, he gawks, certainly not expecting anything like this.

"The bad guy lives inside the walls of the building?" he asks, utterly confused. It's fiendishly clever! She'd broken in before she had to break in! But also confusing. He'd never tried burrowing a home out of concrete, but he imagined it must be difficult, so how did THIS get here?

"I think this pony knows much more about this place than we thought. And also could have broke or stole a lot more, but instead spray painted graffiti... Daff ponders this for a second, before coming to a conclusion.

"This is a very dangerous pony. We better stop her before she turns to higher crime than graffiti and angry letters. Maybe we should offer her a better home so she doesn't have to live in a wall! And a laundry machine, because she looks very busy," he states, looking at a random schematic in hopes that it'd come with a clear label, like "Machine That Puts Poles Through Armor And Writes Stuff On It."
nightlight
nightlight
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:12 pm

AleneShazam wrote:Madame Mask, meanwhile, who has been standing to one side quietly observing the proceedings, suddenly senses strange magical disturbances coming from... somewhere. (Arcana prompt)
Madame Mask glances around, trying to detect excatly where the disturbance is coming from...

(Arcana Check: 15 / 4 (Roll + SotA Reroll) + 19 (Skill) + 5 (Sixth Sense) = 39)
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Faege Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:49 pm

Dove looks around the room in awe. "Oh man, I want one of these! This is so cool!"

He also starts going around, scanning over the schematics with his rudimentary knowledge of engineering and trying to see what sort of things are in there.

Dexterity for mechanics?:

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:58 pm

While the short list of names would make question time somewhat short and too the point, the third being mentioned caused Crimson to freeze up. He had never been one of the big heroes out there, but he had learned a few things by keeping his ears open and watching the events of other, more grander heroes unfold; Some things happened more then others and as such three questions immediately left Crimson's mouth, clearly more of some kind of reflex on his part rather then questions he had to think about. "How did the previous head of Lexicon Labs die? Was there a body? Did he had any close family who were alive at the time of his death?"
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:05 pm

Sunset turns while Crimson rattles off his questions.

"I'll go have a gander at the lab, see what I can find out. Promise not ta have too good a time in there without ya."

As she passed back into the previous lab, she glances around at the projects on display, taking note of anything that seemed out-of-the-ordinary or might have changed since the group rolled through earlier. In particular, around that empty third mannequin from before that should've been displaying a "sneaky ninja suit".

Actions:
jaguargamma
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

You are (Not) the Heroes IC - Page 27 Empty 3.24

Post  AleneShazam Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:39 pm

Crimson:
"It was an accident related to the aforementioned Presence suit," Lex begins, looking slightly uncomfortable as he recalls the incident. "We had began live testing - the suit worked perfectly in a sterile setting and we thought it was time to test it on a pony. We had no reason to believe it would go wrong, and there were no volunteers, so... Complex took it upon himself to put on the prototype suit. We think the de-materialization process was catalyzed by his internal magic... when we got to him there wasn't even a scrap left to bury. Just a big scorch mark on the ground, and a few shavings of metal."

Sunset:
She gets a few looks from the researchers as she rolls through, but from what she can see nothing seems to be amiss. Some things appear to have been put away in the wake of the break in, but not in an overly suspicious manner. When she gets to the empty mannequin, if she looks *veeeeeery* close, she'll notice the faint outline of a suit - it seems it's been left on. A few researchers seem to be watching her carefully when she examines the workspace.

Madame Mask:
It takes only an instant before Madame Mask locks down the direction of the magic - it's not too far away, a few floors down only. She also senses that it has the telltale signature of dimensional magic - someone is likely opening up a spatial rift in the building, and Mask can easily track them down once she's recognized the signature.

Team Super Secret Room:
Unfortunately, there's no painfully obviously labeled blueprint. Daff finds himself staring at something like a donut, except probably bigger by the measurements at the side - it's a big fat ring, enough for Daff to fit through, and the title says 'dimensional...' something or another which Daff doesn't quite grasp. It looks very sciency and impressive, though.
Dove, meanwhile, gets an epiphany after staring at the designs for long enough. They're all involved in some form of dimensional manipulation, either to instantly transport like the teleporter he has on him, or for use in intangibility. The designs lying on the floor appear to be very faintly drawn on, with various faint scratches denoting incredibly detailed annotations that is too technical and hard to discern to comprehend.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:16 am

"I'm sensing our intruder," informs Madame Mask, "Crimson, darling, don't leave Mr. Author alone while I go investigate, will you? Merci." Dismissing her copy, Madame Mask begins to fly before suddenly stopping and turning around...

"Oh, don't mind me," she says, "I'm just an illusion. I will keep an eye out and make you seem more protected." The fake Madame Mask begins to float about, looking around...

The real Madame Mask, now invisible, begins making her way down to the source of the magic. As she does, she pulls out her card at a point where there is no one around. "Sunglow. We are having a little situation during our meeting darling, but I am not sure what just yet. I've got a lead but I've had to leave Mr. Author with only Crimson to guard him. Could you suggest to either Dove or Daff to return to Mr. Author for more protection? And would you have any information on the previous head of Lexicon Labs? A deceased pony known as Complex. There's a chance our intruder might have ties to them."

(Illusionary Decoy (1/2 Uses Remaining))
(Simple Instructions for the Decoy to follow once Madame Mask loses sight of it (after it conveys its original message):)
(Stay close to Lexicon, float around whatever room he is in, keep watch for anything unusual or incoming danger, and warn everyone about it)
(Tell Crimson Chef off if he tries to get away from Lexicon)
(If something really bad happens to Lexicon, go straight to Madame Mask (go through the floor and ignore any pretense of acting like not an illusion) and inform her)
((If that is too complex or the illusion is unable to know where Madame Mask is, head towards where Madame Mask is heading to right now and look for her there))
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:41 am

Crimson couldn't help but wince a little at just what had happened to Complex... through he still wasn't one hundred percent sure that Complex himself wasn't their mysterious guest just yet. After all, how many villains had gotten started due to some kind of experiment with prototype technology gone wrong?... or horribly right as the case was in some situations.

As Madam Mask left behind a copy of herself to fly around and appear useful, Crimson didn't have an issue with remaining on guard duty; You never knew what was going to be coming for the dragon after all. Feeling the need to try and have some kind of small talk with their client... and possibly get a bit more information about the situation, he decided to ask "Forgive me if this is an uncomfortable question but... what was Complex like? Did you know how very well?"
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:00 pm

Sunset frowns as she looks over the invisible suit.

Then, without looking at the lab techs, asks, "Y'all see anypony take this 'un out in the last hour or so?"
jaguargamma
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Faege Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:11 pm

"Oh. Oh." Understanding dawns on Dove as he stares at the designs - as well as a sense of relief. "These are all designs for intangibility and teleporting and stuff like that! So we're probably dealing with a gadget user, not a ghost."

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

You are (Not) the Heroes IC - Page 27 Empty 3.25

Post  AleneShazam Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:14 am

Crimson:
"No, no. He had dedicated his life to invention, I suppose it could be considered an honor that he gave up his life for it in the end. System Complex was... well, frankly, he was a genius. Perhaps one of the few minds able to stand equal to me in the field of the sciences. He specialized in magical technology, where I was more inclined towards electrical technology, which meant we headed different projects generally. He was a good stallion, Complex. We didn't see eye to eye on many things, but at the end of the day we were engineers and scientists, the both of us. There was a connection there quite unlike any I've had in my life." Lexicon looks wistful as he recalls his memories of Complex.

Sunset:
The technicians look at each other for confirmation before one shakes their head. "We've been taking shifts monitoring it for the past... erm, few days now? To test its stability over a long period of time. We'd have known if something happened to it."

Madame Mask:
"Yes, I'll relay that message. Erm... Complex was it? Lets see... System Complex, he was a graduate of the Maretropolis Institute of Technology, top of his class in the Magitech course. He started his own firm, but found fierce competition with LexiCon. After their competition resulted in a farce where both companies lost millions, they reconciled their differences and Complex merged his company into Lexicon's. It was quite the stir in the field, Complex was known to be stubborn and unrelenting. Erm... it seems they were on more amiable terms after that, until an unfortunate laboratory accident about a month ago claimed Complex's life. Does that help?"

Going down a floor or two, Madame finally comes across an empty corridor. There initially appears to be no one there, until shadows coalesce on one of the doors, forming the shape of a quadruped who steps out into the corridor, apparently having just come out of the room. The figure is ambiguous in race and gender, enveloped entirely in a black suit, with a face-mask that resembles a kendo mask. Piercing purple eyes stare out from under the mask, as the figure stops and turns, looking at Madame. There's a second's pause, then with a smile (or at least Madame Mask gets the feeling they're smiling) the figure seems to begin to melt into shadow, disappearing into the ground...

Team Dove and Co.:
The instant communication card lights up, and after answering the call Argent's voice comes through.
"Erm, Dove? Daff? We have a bit of a situation on our plate. Madame's chasing down an infiltrator, and she's asked for you to go back and guard Mr. Author..."
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:37 pm

"Hold on darling I'm watching somepony melt. Moonbright."

Madame Mask frowns as the being sees through her invisibility; that means it'd likely see through her illusions too. Still, she was a resourceful mare. She quickly applies a magical mark onto the figure which will allows her to track it, a trick she hasn't used since her days as a villain to stalk her victims. She then attempts to decipher the magic this things is capable of. Finally, she sends the figure a telepathic message: "I don't suppose I can tempt you to stay for a chat?"

(Watching Like A Hawk (0/1 Uses Remaining): Designating the figure as my Prey)
(Arcana Check: 11 / 9 (Roll + SotA Reroll) + 19 (Skill) + 10 (SotA) = 40)
(Telepathy)
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:49 pm

"Hey! Hey! I found science!" Daff proclaims excitedly, pointing a hoof at the schematics of the dimensional... sciencemagigger. Yup, that's what it is! The stallion is very visibly impressed when Dove actually seems to understand it. The public education system was clearly doing its job.

Before he can compliment the colt, his card lights up.

"Seseme! Acorn! Swordfish!" He eventually gets it right. "Hi! This is Rousseau and Daff! Can you hear us? Over." He pauses to make a staticy noise, like in the movies. "Dove is figuring stuff out. Over. Hhhhhst! I'll go back so we don't have to bother him. Don't worry! Rousseau can keep Mr. Author safe!... Over! Hkkt!" he says into the card. He takes a moment to wish the others good luck before galloping energetically back through the Gaia-shaped hole in the wall.
nightlight
nightlight
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Faege Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:36 am

"Oh. Uhm. Okay..." Dove waves goodbye as he watches Daff leave. Truth be told, his elementary-school plus home study education didn't quite qualify him for figuring out this level of technology, but... oh well.

Looking around, he tries to think of something to investigate, grabbing a few of the blueprints while he does so. Then he gets and idea, and clambers out of the hole that Gaia made, going to find one of the guards in the area.

"Maybe some of the staff here have heard some rumors, some that haven't quite made it up to the higher levels yet," Dove explains to Gaia as he searches for a guard.

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:25 pm

A part of Crimson really wanted to believe that the wistful look in the dragon's eyes was legitimate; However, there was a small, dark and twisted part of his soul that insisted on believing the worst about everyone that he encountered. There was one way to be sure through...

Reaching into his little bag of gumballs, he removed one of them before throwing it into his mouth where he started to chew it. Since it didn't seem to cause him to explode with energy or start breathing out fire, one could easily believe that it was just another gumball; Merely a nervous tic in order to deal with the sudden stress of being more or less alone on guard duty for the time being with only Lexicon and an illusion of Madam Mask to keep him company. The truth was a little more complex...

While researching ideas for recipes for his career as a superhero, Crimson had looked into a number of topics that ranged from alchemy and chemistry to books of the occult that many unicorns would have disregard as the ramblings of mad ponies. One of the texts that he had uncovered explained an ancient zebra ritual that was designed to grant insight; Which he immediately used as a basis to experiment and try to create some new recipes (and hopefully get something that he could use while wearing the mask out of it too). Several flops, a couple of strange and exotic dishes and one melted pot later, he had come up with a recipe that offered... something in the way of 'insight'. Chewing on the ball, he found his senses sharpening as he gazed at the dragon, the physical form fading into the background as new colors appeared, the dragon's emotional aura reveling itself to him.

It would hopefully give him some insight and calm his doubts.

"I know that I may have said it before, but I am sorry for your loss. It isn't easy to lose a friend... even less so to lose them in such a fashion." He offered respectfully.

Actions:
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:30 am

Sunset frowns as she looks over the invisible suit, her mind too preoccupied with other thoughts to realize the paradox.

"Ain't nothin' else like this, is there? Past prototypes, side projects, that kinda stuff?"
jaguargamma
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

You are (Not) the Heroes IC - Page 27 Empty 3.26

Post  AleneShazam Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:03 pm

Madame:
There's an alarming moment where it seems as though the marking magic does not work, returning a discordant report as though the mark is trying to track a million separate things at once, before the signal normalizes, and Madame can sense the entity move beneath her, like it's on the floor below, before rising up some distance behind her. It stays there for a moment, as though gauging Madame Mask, making no overtly hostile actions.

Strangely enough, there doesn't seem to be any active magic coming off of the thing, almost to a suspicious level where it somewhat bothers Madame that it's so lacking in magical output. She has the  feeling that it doesn't quite play by the same rules as anything else that has a magical presence, such as interacting with magic, and being affected by magical effects... for example, illusion spells.

Sunset:
"Well, it is invisibility. Everyone and their mother has been trying to make a device that can produce invisibility for non-unicorns. We've got plenty of other forms of stealth tech - active camouflage, reflection, wallflower-tech, that sort of thing, but nothing offering real invisibility that doesn't atomize the wearer." The technician, who seems to be the current highest in seniority judging by his badge, explains.

Crimson and Daff:
Lexicon nods sadly. "Well, as a dragon I would have outlived the old colt anyway, but the way he went out... a mind like his deserved a more dignified finale."
And to Crimson's enhanced senses, he really can tell that the sadness is genuine. There are other emotions mixed in, of course - there's a shade of darkness, probably Lexicon's more calculating business-oriented mind seeing the opportunities that have been opened up, but on the whole Lexicon seems legitimately sad at Complex's passing.

It is at this point that Daff bursts into the room, excited and enthusiastic.

Dove and Gaia:
The pair find a guard easily enough - probably the one that brought them there, who looks at them surprised. "Done already?" The guards are armored in what looks to be a less powered version of the suits, though it still looks quite formidable, so it isn''t clear from appearance if they were male or female, and a modulator changes their voice to sound neutral.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:29 pm

Sunset turns to look that the most senior tech.

"Atomize. Sounds like ya seen it happen before."
jaguargamma
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Faege Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:51 am

"Oh, um, not quite yet. We found a secret room with all kinds of blueprints, but I don't really get that stuff," Dove rubs the back of his head sheepishly, then brightens up as he remembers his original plan of action. "Oh right! Mister... erm... miss...? Guard, would you happen to have heard any rumors related to, say, invisible ponies, or ponies disappearing through walls? Something being developed by the labs, maybe? And if there might be anypony out to get Mr. Author?"

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:21 am

Swallowing his 'gum', Crimson allowed a small amount of relief to course through his veins. Granted the darkness that was in the dragon's business like mind was to be expected, the fact that he was able to feel legit grief for someone else... well, it showed that Lexicon wasn't all bad.

Of course, before he had the chance to open his mouth and say anything more, Daff chose that moment to arrive. Crimson didn't say much more then offer the stallion and small wave of his hoof to welcome him back.
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  nightlight Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:02 pm

"Never fear, Rousseau is here!"

Daff skids to a halt, posing dramatically, head back and one hoof raised just above the ground. A moment passes before he seems to notice the residual intensity in the room from the conversation he'd inadvertently burst into.

He lowers his hoof to trace it in front of him, embarrassed. "Rousseau said he wanted a grand entrance," Daff explains, pointing at the (apparently still sleeping) squirrel.

"Umm... anyway, Madame Mask told Argent to tell me to come back here and help keep Mr. Author safe, since she's chasing down somepony- Should I come back later?" he asks, feeling just a little awkward.
nightlight
nightlight
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:35 pm

Crimson waved off the suggestion with a small chuckle at Daff's antics. "Nah, you're fine. We were just discussing those long gone. Learn anything?"
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 32 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 32  Next