You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Page 29 of 32 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  Faege on Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:56 pm

"Are they talking?" Dove Colt furrows his brow, putting his ear against the door. "They shouldn't be talking, heroes should be apprehending villains..."

Perception to overhear conversation:
18 + 10 (skill) + 5 (Expert) + 4 (Level) = 37!!!

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 222
Join date : 2015-06-29
Location : Going down in China Town

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  Paper Shadow on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:42 pm

"And to make matters worse, it's Sunset talking. Last time she was alone on-stage with civilians she went au naturel to buy coffee. We need to get in there now." Unfortunatly, Madame Mask's repertoire lacked basic door unlocking capabilities. She'll have to fix that when this is over. The fake Madame Mask gives a sheepish smile. "I don't suppose one of you two can open the door?"

_________________
Ellipses are kinda my thing...

Based Emotion Chart:
avatar
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Posts : 3666
Join date : 2012-11-23
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  Espresso on Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:46 am

"I don't pick locks, but..." Gaia shifts back into a more bearlike form and rears up, a nasty grin on her face. "I can open the door."

Bracing herself, she slams all of her mass against the door in an almighty ram.

(Athletics + Brawny: 20 + 12 (Skill/Level) + 5 (Brawny) = 37)
avatar
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 331
Join date : 2015-11-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  jaguargamma on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:47 pm

At the sound of Gaia crashing into the door, Sunset snaps her shotgun down at the datachip Haven inserted into the console and fires a shotgun slug.

Actions:
Dexterity Check: 6+19=25
avatar
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 333
Join date : 2016-02-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

3.30

Post  AleneShazam on Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:59 am

Time seems to slow down as Sunset makes the shot, bringing her shotgun to bear. Haven reacts almost as quickly, his horn lighting up as he notices the motion. The gun fires off, sending a slug straight at the port in which the datachip is inserted, but instead of striking true, a shimmering blue barrier appears in front of the console, the slug pinging off the barrier harmlessly.

Mechanical Explanation:
Haven beat the 26 with a 27 reflex saving throw. It was very close, but Haven got the win this time.

"Nice try, lady." Haven growls, reaching over to the datachip. "But you're just a step too late-- HRK!"

The last HRK comes from the fact that he's sent flying by a door, the reinforced metal dented in with the clear imprint of a shoulder. Ragdolling across the ground, he lands a few paces away from Vanish, winded and gasping in pain. "...holy shit..."

Vanish takes their forelimbs away from the door to the testing chamber, studying the intruders carefully.

H̷̥͓̹̥̦̖̳e͔̠͜ļ͓͓͕̟͎̲l̝̤̮͓͔̞̮ò ̴̬̲a͙̳͔͓͔͜g̘͓̝͓a̼͙̹̮̖̭͙iǹ͓̠͈̗̟̟ͅ, ̖̘̘̮͓͍͖M̴̫͓͖̣̤̠̳a̗d̥͈̤a̜̺m̧̥͍̜̻e̵̖̹̣̳̟̲.̛̪̯̝̦̭ Vanish bows politely, then glances to the other two. D̹̙̥͍̺͞o̗̼͙̼̰ve͖̥͈͜ ͈͝C͝ơ̪͈̣̲l̟̥͓̹͇̤t̘. ̴̰͔͕̦̲͖ͅC͢h͓̣͙͎͠i̘̟̲̞m̥e̟̯̦̞̺̘r̠͖͚͠ą̥.̱̲

Haven slowly climbs up to his hooves, swaying woozily. "Bit... of a bad spot, eh? Don't suppose you have a trick up your sleeve, you terrorist?"

Vanish shrugs, keeping their eerie purple eyes on the group, their form rippling in a slightly disconcerting manner.
avatar
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1045
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  Faege on Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:59 am

"Um, Miss Sunset, what is going on here?" Dove Colt asks, looking between the villains and Sunset.  "Why are you talking to the bad guys?"

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 222
Join date : 2015-06-29
Location : Going down in China Town

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  jaguargamma on Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:35 pm

"They had me outnumbered. I was stallin' for backup."

Sunset looks to Madam Mask and gestures to the console with her shotgun.

"The walkin' doorstop's tryin' to download somethin'. Spare a second to get that shield down for me?"
avatar
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 333
Join date : 2016-02-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  Paper Shadow on Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:08 am

"Consider it gone." The fake Madame Mask pulls a minor casting pose, while the real one focuses on doing it...

(Arcana Check: 7 / 13 (Roll / SotA Reroll) + 19 (Skill) = 32)

_________________
Ellipses are kinda my thing...

Based Emotion Chart:
avatar
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Posts : 3666
Join date : 2012-11-23
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  nightlight on Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:37 am

Daff convulses. As it turns out, trying to hold onto a big, strong metal thing that is electrocuting you and trying to get away is about as hard as it sounds like. He still manages to keep the suit from properly hurting Lex - but only just - before he staggers backwards. His legs feel like jelly for a few seconds. His mane sticks up along with the rest of his fur. At this rate, he's going to look like a tan fluffy earth pony soon. Thankfully, Crimson's next attack buys him time to recover. They seem to have fallen into something of a rhythm now.

"Did I get the code word wrong?" Daff asks first. It'd explain why nobody's responded to the evil he let them know about. Then, another thought occurs. "Do you think they're in trouble too?" he asks with growing worry. The worry solidifies into even more determination.

"If the others might be in trouble, we don't have time to waste! No more games, Mr. Ghost! Prepare to face furry fury!" Daff bellows, lifting Rousseau up with both forelegs. He hurls the squirrel forwards like a (squeaking, very small) javellin, right at the big power suit.

"Go for the eyes, Rousseau! Go for the eyes!"

Rousseau smacks right into the suit and finds himself clinging to its face. Whether from the proclaimed fury or simple terror, he turns into a little furry cloud of scrambling, clawing squirrel that engulfs the suit's head.

Reactions:

Daff Reaction Energy: 2

Shielding Knight:
[0] Shielding Knight - Free Reaction [1/Round]
Trigger - A creature Challenged by you uses an Attack Power
Effect - Target of that Attack Power gains 10 Life before the damage is dealt.

Target: Attack on Lex.

32 damage on Daff reduced to 22 by armor.

Shield:
[-2] Shield- Reaction
Trigger - You would take damage from an Attack Power.
Effect - Reduce that damage by 2d8.

2d8 = 7 damage reduced

Daff takes 15 damage total.

Actions:

Daff Energy: 5
Rousseau Charges: 1

Rousseau Action
Throw Acorn (Spell Blast):
{1} Throw Acorn [/i](Spell Blast)[/i] (Single, Attack)
Deal 12 damage to target creature.

Target: Suit

Daff Energy: 5

Daff, Free Action
Avenger's Challenge:
[0] Avenger’s Challenge - Free Action (Challenge) [1/Round]
Challenge target creature until the end of your next turn.

Daff, Standard Action
Squirrel Combo (Quickdraw):
[+4] Squirrel Combo (Quickdraw) - Standard Action (Self)
You may take two additional minor actions this turn.

Daff Energy: 9

Daff, Minor (x3 - two from Squirrel Combo, one from normal minor)
Go for the Eyes! (Rush for the Kill):
Go for the Eyes! (Rush for the Kill) - Minor Action (Attack, Single)
Deal 2d6 damage to target creature.

2d6 = 14
2d6 = 20
2d6 = 13

Daff Energy: 3

Summary:
Daff/Rousseau deals 59 damage to Suit.
Daff grants Lex 10 life before he takes the 10 damage.
Daff challenges Suit.
Rousseau (summon) is used up.
Daff takes 15 damage.

Status:
HP: 144
Energy: 3
Conditions: Normal
Challenging: Suit
avatar
nightlight
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 230
Join date : 2015-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  Faege on Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:13 am

"Right. It was a distraction. Of course it was, heh, what was I thinking?" Dove Colt nodded, before stepping forward to face the villains. "Surrender now! You're out-numbered and out-gunned! If you don't submit, be prepared to face fresh hell!"

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 222
Join date : 2015-06-29
Location : Going down in China Town

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  nightlight on Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:11 pm

Perception checks:
Daff: 3+14 = 17
Rousseau: 17 + 6 = 25
avatar
nightlight
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 230
Join date : 2015-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

3.31

Post  AleneShazam on Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:52 pm

The Lab
A̦͉̰p͇̻̤̜̬͎o̙l̮͓͔̮̠͎̯ǫ̤͖̭̺̖͍̪g̠͕i̩̖e͢ș͙̹̠͓̺̭͠,͎͉͞ ̭b̡̼̖̲̭̠̳út̘̣ ͍̺̣I̻̖̹̣ ̻̗c̼̟̹̞͉ͅa̻̬̤̫̲n̗͉͙̖n̨̬̘̞̦o̠̞͎̳̟͍̥͟ț͝ ̜̠̗̰̞̱al̰͚̱l͎͇̯͖o̡͇̲̝̲w̮̥̖̲̜̰͎͝ ̴͚͇̥͈̰̩͖y̥̳o͈̮̙͙̳ụ̠͓̳̠̭ ̨̬t҉͈̠̪ò̤͉ ̨͍̻̝̜i͠n͙̗̼͍͔̣̯ṯ͘e͍͚̯͓rf̞̥̤̥̰̬e҉̯̦͓̣ͅr͕̼͇e̹̼.̢̖͙̜ ͔̣̳̭̬̗͚

Vanish's form flickers and suddenly disappears. A moment later, Vanish appears in front of the console, holding their foreleg in front of the shield. Madame suddenly feels her attempt to dispel the shield be interrupted, which she suspects has to do with Vanish's strange non-interaction with magic. They're almost serving as an insulator against magic, protecting the shield.

"So this is how it's going to be, huh?" Haven sighs, shooting a glance at the console before back at the heroes. His horn lights up, and more of the featureless pony figures drop out of portals that open out of thin air, bringing the total on the enemy side to seven - five featureless pony figures, Vanish, and Haven. "Are you sure you can't let us grab the dragon and go?"

Start of combat! Heroes go first!

The Testing Chamber
Finally the attacks seem to take a significant chunk out of the suit - it's been holding out remarkably well in spite of its previous damages - and it stumbles in its pace, its chestplate almost completely dented in and sparking dangerously, letting out another volley of wide arcs of crackling electricity that sweep across the heroes.

"It looks like it's slowing down! You must have damaged a core circuit somehow, it's leaking more energy than it can absorb!" The dragon points out, before the suit again lunges at Lex, forcing him to go into a combat roll out of the way of its tackle.

As Rousseau returns to Daff's person, however, he notices something quite odd - Rousseau doesn't seem to sense killing intent from the suit. It has had ample opportunity to deal physical damage to Lex, but the suit has only mildly electrocuted him once, a process which appears to be automatic due to the suit's damages, and made several clumsy attempts at lunging for Lex which frankly, given its speed otherwise, it could probably execute better.

Daff and Crimson take 36 damage (burst attack).
Lex dodges from the suit's lunge (single attack).


Last edited by AleneShazam on Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:17 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1045
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  Espresso on Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:35 pm

"Nope." Gaia's form swells, growing much more bulky and muscular, and her wings grow larger and more imposing as well. Rather than assuming her full chimeric form, though she only takes on the aspects of the Bear and the Falcon, becoming a bizarre (and very intimidating) winged grizzly bear.

Throwing her head back, she opens her maw and roars, vibrating the air at the primal sound. It's easily interpreted to be a roar of challenge.

Combat Mechanics:
Quickdraw into Form of Cunning and Resilience, then using Roar to Challenge Haven, Vanish and one of the featureless ponies
Stat blocks:
[+4] Quickdraw - Standard Action (Self)
You may take two additional minor actions this turn.

[-3] Aspect of Cunning - Minor Action (Shapeshift)
Aspect of Cunning
At the end of your turn, if you did not use a Cunning power, this power gains 1 Charge.

[0] Form of Resilience - Minor Action (Shapeshift)
You enter the Form of Resilience (exiting any other form you are already in). You may resume your normal form as a minor action. While in Form of Resilience, you cannot use your basic Powers.

[+5] Roar - Standard Action (Burst, Form, Resilience)
Challenge up to 3 target creatures until the end of your next turn.
Life: 100
Energy: 11 (3+2-3+4+5)
Ferocity Charges: 1
Cunning Charges: 1
Growth Charges: 1


Last edited by Espresso on Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 331
Join date : 2015-11-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  Senshuken on Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:42 pm

As a fresh wave of electricity flowed through his body, Crimson's vision went white as a strangled scream tried to escape his lungs but couldn't quite get out as he felt like his throat was trying to close on him. Being electrocuted wasn't fun in the slightest and he felt like such a thing needed to be stressed in schools more often. As the plan started to ease up and he tried to shake some feeling back into a slightly smoking body covered with pins and needles, it became clear that they needed to deal with this soon because those zaps were starting to get stronger and more painful.

With a deep breath and much less steady footing then the first time he had charged at this thing, Crimson lunged forward with a flying kick. Colliding around the section of chest plate damaged by the pipe and all the other things that they had thrown at it earlier, Crimson pushed off before grabbing a small ball ball from a pocket and throwing it at Daff... bursting on contact and soaking him with some cool, refreshing water to try and help him recover from the shocks a bit. Flipping in midair and landing (barely) on his back hooves, Crimson pulled out several pellets and started to throw them rapid fire at the suit, each pellet giving off an explosion that covered the locations themselves with a small amount of smoke, briefly hiding the damage they may have caused for now... leaving Daff free to attack once more. Crimson himself was breathing rather heavily, not exactly in the mood to waste words right now.

Actions:

[+3] Guard Break - Standard Action (Opener, Single)
Target creature loses all Armor and Resistance until the end of this turn.
Target: Living Suit.

[-1] Flourish - Reaction (Combo, Single, Healing)
Trigger - You use an Opener power.
Effect - An ally gains 5 life.
Target: Daff gains 5 life.

[-6] Rage of the Dragon - Reaction (Attack, Finisher, Single)
Trigger - You use a Combo power.
Effect - Deal 1d4+1d6+1d8+1d10+1d12 damage to target creature.
1+1+4+8+2=16 damage to Suit.

Living Suit is still Hexed.


Status:

Life:40
Fatal:0
Energy:0
Conditions: Normal
avatar
Senshuken
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 456
Join date : 2013-08-08
Age : 26
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  Faege on Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:14 pm

"Guys! Get back!" Dove Colt straightens up, revealing the teleportation belt that he requested from Clockwork. "Let loose the floodgate!"

Coo

It's the only hint before the belt glows and a MILLION doves pour out of it, back-ends first, all aimed at Haven. High-pressure jetstream of bird crap follows afterwards.

Mechanical stuff:
Using Conjuror's trick to summon a helpful dove using the summoner energy. Using two fluff-ups as per my feature. Then using When Nature Calls with Heart of the Flock.

Dice:
Nature Calls
5d8: 8,5,7,6,2 = 28
5d10: 10,2,5,10,3 = 30
5d12: 11,12,9,6,1 = 39

HotF
4d10: 9,7,10,2 = 28

(2) 8 Crit
1d12: 11
1d12: 6

(5) 10 Crit
2d10: 2, 8 = 10
2d10: 10, 7 = 17
2d10: 6, 9 = 16
2d10: 7, 10 = 17
2d10: 5, 7 = 12

(1) 12 Crit
3d8+2: 4,8,7,+2 = 21

Total: 28 + 30 + 39 + 28 + 10 + 17 + 16 + 17 + 12 + 21 = 218

Power Reference:
[-3] Conjure Helpful Dove - Standard Action (Conjuration)
Create a conjuration with the following statblock:

Helpful Dove - 3 Charges
{1} Peck- (Single, Attack)
Deal 12 damage to target creature.
{1} Fluff Up (Single)
Target creature gains 3 energy.

[+3] Conjurer’s Trick - Reaction Utility [1/Battle]
Trigger - You roll initiative
Effect - You may immediately take a standard action to use a Conjuration power.

[-8] When Nature Calls... - Standard Action (Attack, Burst) [1/Short Rest]
Do each of the following:
-Deal 5d8 damage to target creature
-Deal 5d10 damage to target creature
-Deal 5d12 damage to target creature
You may target different creatures with each effect.

[0] Heart of the Flock - Reaction [1/Short Rest]
Trigger - You use a Burst Power
Effect - A creature targeted by the triggering power takes an additional 4d10 damage.

[8] - Special (Attack, Single)
Deal 1d12 damage to target creature.

[10] - Special (Attack, Single)
Deal 2d10 damage to target creature.

[12] - Special (Attack, Single)
Deal 3d8+2 damage to target creature.

Conjurer
You gain 6 energy that can only be used on Conjuration Powers.
In addition, each of your conjurations may use an additional power on each of your turns.

Life: 97/100
Energy: 3 (Start) + 3 (Conj. Trick) + 1 (Peck Order) + 6 (Fluff Up) - 8 = 5
Summoner Energy: 6 (Start) - 3 (Helpful Dove)
Dove Charge: 3 - 2 = 1

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 222
Join date : 2015-06-29
Location : Going down in China Town

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  nightlight on Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:25 pm

Daff immediately beings heaping on praise for Rousseau as the squirrel returns. Up until the squirrel kicks him in one of his ears and rapidly chitters at the pony... and then dives for cover when another electrical shock hits them. Daff's face is momentarily locked in a goofy expression. He staggers, some light smoke coming off of his mane and fur. Ow!

Splat.

Daff looks briefly confused, then smiles at Crimson. "Thanks!... Ooo, mint!" he notes cheerfully before bringing himself back to the situation at hand.

The instant Crimson's barrage is complete, Rousseau hops back on Daff's back.

"Ready to deliver a hoof to the eye of evil, Rousseau? YAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

Daff charges forward trying to intercept the suit before it can get to Lex. Daff slides across the floor, then bucks upwards powerfully with his hindlegs. He picks himself up quickly, then gallops right after the suit, slamming into it and wrapping his forelegs around it again, trying to barrel it to the ground. Meanwhile, Rousseau runs forward up Daff's neck, down his head, onto his snout, and throws an acorn at the suit's face.

(ATTN: Crimson)
Reactions:

Energy: 3

Reaction to challenged enemy single-attacking Lex:
5d10 = 34 damage dealt

Shielding Knight:
[0] Shielding Knight - Free Reaction [1/Round]
Trigger - A creature Challenged by you uses an Attack Power
Effect - Target of that Attack Power gains 10 Life before the damage is dealt.

Target: Attack on Crimson.

36 damage on Daff reduced to 26 by armor.

Shield:
[-2] Shield- Reaction
Trigger - You would take damage from an Attack Power.
Effect - Reduce that damage by 2d8.

2d8 = 2 damage reduced

Daff takes 24 damage total.

Actions:

Daff Energy: 3

Daff, Free Action
Avenger's Challenge:
[0] Avenger’s Challenge - Free Action (Challenge) [1/Round]
Challenge target creature until the end of your next turn.

Daff, Standard Action
Spoiler:
[-1] Grapple - Standard Attack (Attack, Single)
Deal 2d6 damage to target creature and Grapple it (save ends). A creature Grappled by you cannot target creatures other than you with Single Attack Powers. When a creature Grappled by you starts its turn, it suffers Weakness 10.

2d6 = 9 damage to Suit
Energy: 2

Daff, Minor
Go for the Eyes! (Rush for the Kill):
[-2] Go for the Eyes! (Rush for the Kill) - Minor Action (Attack, Single)
Deal 2d6 damage to target creature.

2d6 = 8

Daff Energy: 0

Summary:
51 damage dealt to suit.
10 life given to Crimson.
Daff takes 24 damage.
Daff challenges Suit.
Daff grapples Suit.

Status:
HP: 125
Energy: 0
Conditions: Normal
Challenging: Suit
avatar
nightlight
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 230
Join date : 2015-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  jaguargamma on Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:22 pm

By now unfazed by Dove Colt's signature move, Sunset calmly turns her shotgun in the air to point at Vanish's face and lets him sample her new Pepper Ball formula, courtesy Crimson Chef's gumball chemistry.

Actions:
[-2] Pepper Ball (Illusion of Agony)
Standard Action (Attack, Single)
It burns!
Target creature loses 20 life and is subjected to your Illusion of Agony (save ends). When a creature successfully saves against your Illusion of Agony, it gains 10 life and you gain 4 energy.

[0] Target Marker (Deathmark)
Free [1/Round] (Destiny)
Put a Marker on target creature. A creature can have any number of Markers.
Vanish has 1 Marker

[0] Stalk the Prey
Minor Action (Feature)
Choose a creature. That creature becomes your Prey until it is defeated, or you use this power again.
Once per round, when you target your Prey with a Single Attack Power, your Prey takes an additional 10 damage.

TOTAL DAMAGE THIS ROUND: 30

Status:
Hit Points: 100
Energy: 1
Condition: Not impressed


Last edited by jaguargamma on Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:30 pm; edited 4 times in total
avatar
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 333
Join date : 2016-02-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  Paper Shadow on Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:50 pm

"Oh la vache, we are not even safe indoors now."

Seeing as her teammates have things covered, Madame Mask remained invisible and hovered near the ceiling above the console. She knew Vanish could see her and she was putting herself in a bad postion, but this would mean that they would have to focus their attention on the enemy no one else could see, which seeing what happened to Haven is something they might not be able to afford to do, and keep Vanish off of the rest of the group, or sacrifice the console to go on the offensive against the others. The fake Madame Mask floated off to hover near the ceiling on the other side of the room nearer to her allies, looking like its ready to fight. At the very least it'll distract or draw some fire away...

_________________
Ellipses are kinda my thing...

Based Emotion Chart:
avatar
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Posts : 3666
Join date : 2012-11-23
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

3.32

Post  AleneShazam on Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:32 pm

Testing Chamber
The suit halts in its tracks from Daff and Crimson's combined assault, battered but not going down. Seizing the chance, Lex actually steps forward, and telling the people in the room to step aside, he takes a deep breath and a plume of emerald green fire issues from his maw, blasting the suit on the full and actually throwing it back against the wall, its already-weakened limbs twisting and breaking from the impact and the heat. Crimson and Daff can feel the heat of the dragonflame radiating outwards even thought Lex fights to contain it aimed only at the suit.

Eventually the stream of flame dies off, and Lex stumbles back, smoke streaming from his maw. "It's-" He breaks into a coughing fit, holding his claw up for the heroes to wait a moment. "It's, ahem, been a while since I've - oh boy - done that." He has tears streaming from his eyes, and he sounds hoarse. "Did it work?"

Judging by the charred husk of the armor, it did. The armor is completely disabled, its exposed internal circuitry probably completely melted down to slag. The strange blue glow flickers, and slowly starts to fade away.

Summary
Lex did 73 damage to the suit! The suit goes down!
Combat is over!

Lab
Haven disappears under a wave of white slag. Vanish almost looks taken aback for a moment, staring at Haven before returning their gaze to the heroes. Sunset's shot just passes right through them, which Vanish doesn't even seem to notice.

W̰͎͖̦͎͖͟ͅe͙̣͍̪̻͠l̻̘̘͙̗͠ͅl͚ͅ.͇́ ͟Th̼a̲̩̰̳͕̠͢t̙̰̺̣'s͍̣͙ ̹̩̱c̰̰er̡͙͉̥t̰̱͖̩͔̱̯͘a̜̮̻̬̜̼i̱̗̞̥̘̟n̘͖͘ͅl͎̲y̩̠̗͖̥ ͖̹̹͝ṷ̹̯̳̤͚n̛̲͓̱̟̮c͓̼͔͈̫͟o̠͕̤̮n̴v̯̞̹̟͇̞̀e̗̺̹̲ǹt͖̳̭͔̘̹i͍̦̘̞̣͓̟͝o̖̰̤ͅn̫̠̝̟̝̻ͅa̬͍̰l҉̩̼͇ͅ.͡

A moment later, Haven reemerges, shielded by a blue barrier of light that has cracks and holes in multiple places, just barely protecting him from actually being touched by the torrent. But it's clear the impact still carried though, because Haven himself looks like he's been hit by a steamroller, barely standing on his hooves. "Did you just- Did you just...?"

He growls, his horn flaring brightly. "You'll pay for that."

A cone of pure dimensional energy ripples through the room, and in the wake of it, fractures in reality that send bolts of pure energy streaking everywhere, striking Dove, Gaia and Sunset. In the wake of the attack, they find the dimensional ripples hampering their ability to aim and attack properly. Snorting, Haven then conjures up another dimensional barrier around him, a warp in the fabric of space that settles around him protectively.

The featureless ponies - Rifters, alien inhabitants of outer dimensions - now attack, two of them charging Gaia (1 and 2), and one of them each pouncing at Dove (3) Sunset (4) and the illusion of Madame (5).

Summary
Vanish is not affected by Gaia's Challenge! Vanish is also not affected by Sunset's Pepper Ball!

Haven deals 37 damage to Dove, Gaia and Sunset (Burst Attack). They each suffer weakness 15.
Rifter 1 deals 12 damage to Gaia (Single Attack).
Rifter 2 deals 4 damage to Gaia (Single Attack).
Rifter 3 deals 14 damage to Dove (Single Attack).
Rifter 4 deals 9 damage to Sunset (Single Attack).
Rifter 5 disrupts the illusion of Madame. Enemies will no longer be fooled by the illusion.

Enemy List and Condition:
Haven (Challenged by Gaia)(Bloodied)
Vanish
Rifter 1 (Challenged by Gaia)
Rifter 2
Rifter 3
Rifter 4
Rifter 5
avatar
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1045
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  Senshuken on Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:19 pm

Seeing someone breath fire wasn't new to Crimson; He did it himself sometimes after all. Through watching an actual dragon like Lex perform such a feat; It was a wonderful chance for a student to learn from a master. Granted it was clear that Lex wasn't used to breathing fire, but that didn't make the display any less impressive to behold. Taking a moment to walk over to the now slagged and no longer moving suit of armor to ensure that it was down and not getting back up again, Crimson nodded his head as he calmly declared "Well... unless you've somehow designed the suit to be able to operate after taking a heavy amount of damage and be half melted, then yes I believe it worked."

Feeling his back legs start to shake a little, Crimson glad took the moment to sit down in order to wait for the numbness and the pins and needles prickling his whole body to fade a bit. It also provided a moment to think about the situation that they were in... and the fact that no one else had arrived to reinforce them yet. While he could have continued the conversation with Daff about what might have happened to them, he instead decided to cut to the chase and pulled out his team card, muttering the word "Sunglow" before waiting just long enough to ensure that the card was active and someone was on the other end.

"Crimson Chef here. Me, Daff and Lex are all somewhat secure in the testing lab. The assalent we were fighting has been dealt with, but we have yet to see or hear from anyone else on the team. Can you give us a picture of what's going?"


Last edited by Senshuken on Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Senshuken
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 456
Join date : 2013-08-08
Age : 26
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

3.33

Post  AleneShazam on Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:27 pm

"Argent here. I'm not sure, last members of the team I've been in contact with was Dove, who was en-route. Madame Mask seems to have intercepted an infiltrator, some kind of, erm melting pony." Argent sounds harried and stressed, but she snaps out a professional response anyway. "Lexicon's security is sweeping the building for other infiltrators, and a team is headed to the lab right now. Gilgamesh, Lex's secretary, is heading that team."
avatar
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1045
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  Senshuken on Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:50 pm

"Thank you Argent. We'll contact you again in a minute once we've decided on our next course of action. Moonbright." Ending the call, Crimson quickly turned to his team... and Lex. Taking a deep breath, he decided to just get to the point "Alright, from the sounds of it the rest of the team has run into at least one infiltrator... possibly more if no one is free enough to send a message out. Don't know exactly what the infiltrator wants, but might be a safe bet that you're somehow involved Lex. I trust our teammates to be able to handle themselves for a while, so we have three possibly courses of action from what I can tell. We can bunker down here and wait for friendlies to arrive, try to relocate to a more secure part of the building to hole up in or attempt to get Lex out of the building completely."

Thinking for a moment, he turned to Lex himself as he quickly asked "Since you know the building the best out of all three of us, which do you believe is the most sound plan?" Glancing towards Daff as well, he quickly added "If you or your little buddy have any input or insight into what we should do, I'm all ears."
avatar
Senshuken
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 456
Join date : 2013-08-08
Age : 26
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  jaguargamma on Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:42 pm

Sunset scowls at Vanish, then Haven.

"Damn cheatin' cobardes*..."

As if responding to her frustration, her two revolvers swivel around to take it out on the Rifter that hit her.

*cowards

Actions:
[+1] Revolvers (Arrow)
Standard Action (Attack, Single)
Two Colt Peacemaker revolvers loaded with rubberized bullets.
Deal 2d8 damage to target creature.
Roll: 6+7=13

Crack Shot
Your first Single Attack Power each round deals an additional 1d6 damage to its target.
Roll: 4+4=8

21 Damage - 15 Weakness

TOTAL DAMAGE THIS ROUND: 6

Knowledge Check: 8+19=27
Do I know what Vanish is weak to?

Status:
Hit Points: 54
Energy: 2
Condition: Not amused


Last edited by jaguargamma on Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 333
Join date : 2016-02-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  Espresso on Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:53 pm

"Now would be a great time to do your dove thing, little one!" Gaia roars, while struggling to overcome the warping in space around her.

She tries to launch quill-like darts from her wings at Haven and the Rifter in retaliation for the attacks, but they all miss because of the strange dimensional magic Haven uses. Growling in frustration, green wild magic flares from Gaia, and her body becomes more rigid and bark-like, as she takes on the aspect of the willow, spirit of growth.

Her offensive capabilities are limited while Haven is still in play - realizing that, Gaia sends a pulse of wild magic through the ground that suffuses both Sunset and Dove, invigorating Dove with energy while patching up some of Sunset's wounds. They need to end this, fast. She can feel her natural durability straining to compensate for the damage dealt to her, but she won't be able to keep it up forever, and this Haven means business.

As for Vanish... well, the shadow blob doesn't seem to have done anything yet, so Gaia gives them a pass for now.

Fumbling around with her giant bear paws, she pulled out her communication card and growls, "Sunglow! Argent, if you're there, we're in the lab right now, and we have two two villains cornered with their mooks. If they don't join in now, the little one will have finished things before they can get in on the fun!"

Mechanical Stuff:
First, before my turn I activate Evade and Toughness against Haven's attack, and activate Evade against  Rifter 1's attack, reducing the total damage I take from 53 to 34. The damage is blocked by weakness, however.

Summary
Evade damage against Haven: 4 (Blocked by Weakness)
Evade damage against Rifter 1: 3 (Blocked by Weakness)
Damage reduction for Haven's attack: 37 - 5 - 5 = 27
Damage reduction for Rifter 1: 12 - 5 = 7

Interrupt Stat Blocks:
[-2] Evade - Reaction (Form, Cunning)
Trigger - A creature targets you with an Attack Power.
Effect - Reduce the damage you take by 5 and deal 1d6 damage to the triggering creature.

[0] Toughness - Reaction [1/Round]
Trigger - You take damage.
Effect - Reduce the damage by 5

Before Turn Statistics
Life: 66 (100 - 34)
Energy: 7 (11 - 2 - 2)
Ferocity Charges: 1
Cunning Charges: 1
Growth Charges: 1
Weakness 8

Turn Proper
After the interrupt I use Aspect of Growth, I remove a charge for Sprout and Heal myself and Sunset for 2 life. I then use Bloom of Life on Sunset, and Innervate on Dove. Aspect of Resilience effect kicks in, and I deal 7 damage to Rifter 1, which is blocked by weakness, and challenge Rifter 1.

Summary
Sprout: 2 Life healed to Gaia and Sunset
Bloom of Life: 6+4+1 = 11+7 = 18 Life healed to Gaia and Sunset.
Innervate: +2 energy for Gaia and Dove
Aspect of Resilience: 7 damage (blocked by Weakness) and Challenge to Rifter 1.

Stat blocks:
[-3]  Aspect of Growth Minor Action (Shapeshift)
Aspect of Growth
At the end of your turn, if you did not use a Growth power, this power gains 1 Charge.

[0] Sprout - Reaction (Growth, Form, Single, Attack)
Trigger - You enter the Form of the Growth.
Effect -  Remove all Charges from Form of Growth. You and another target creature both gain 2 life for each Charge removed this way.

[-2] Bloom of Life - Standard Action (Form, Healing, Growth)
You and another target creature both gain 3d6+7 Life.

[+1] Innervate - Standard Action (Form, Growth)
You and another target creature both gain 2 energy.

Aspect of Resilience
At the end of your turn, if you did not use a Resilient power, deal 1d8 damage to target creature, and Challenge that creature until the end of your next turn.
Life: 86 (66 + 20)
Energy: 7 (7 + 2 - 3 - 2 + 3)
Ferocity Charges: 2
Cunning Charges: 2
Growth Charges: 1
Weakness 1
avatar
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 331
Join date : 2015-11-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  nightlight on Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:24 am

Daff stares at the smoking pile of slag in the test room. Dragons, he decides, are REALLY good at breathing fire. Wow! He retrieves his dropped card, then sits down on the ground next to Crimson. Both ponies both probably smell of burned fur mixed with the tang of electrified ozone and spicy gumballs. Daff pulls off the gas mask. He looks conflicted, looking upwards to Rousseau, who is in the process of attempting to make his tail look less like a giant pipe cleaner from all the static still saturating the air.

"Rousseau says the others might need our help. And this place the rest of those suits and other sciencey stuff about them! They could stop evil things like this from ever happening again! We can't let bad guys mess everything up right after we just got asked to protect it all!"

He looks at his hoof. "But protecting the innocent is a hero's first duty. Even if the innocent can breathe metal-melting fire."

Confused, he looks to Lex as well, trusting not only Crimson's judgement in asking the dragon, but clearly trusting the dragon as well.
avatar
nightlight
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 230
Join date : 2015-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 32 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum