You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Page 4 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  nightlight on Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:41 pm

Daff listens closely to Trapshot's warning, and nods. He uses a forehoof to rotate Rousseau so that he's pointing away from anypony, then takes the broom and starts weeping while the mop continues mopping about behind him on its own.

As he starts sweeping, he can't help but chuckle. "You got to admit, that was pretty awesome!"
avatar
nightlight
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 230
Join date : 2015-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  jaguargamma on Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:08 pm

Robyn searches through the supplies she found, but finds nothing appropriate for the job.

"Figures. I'll need to make a run to a hardware store."

She takes her shotgun out of her saddlebag and carefully places it in an unused barrel for safekeeping. Then she puts the saddlebad back on and starts for the door.

"I won't be gone long."
avatar
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 311
Join date : 2016-02-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  Sliverbrony on Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:11 pm

As Zellbriq sees the mare leaving he goes after her, saying: Wait, me and Inu are coming with you, She can´t stand sitting her doing nothing He then continues to follow her out of the new hideout and to the store.

Sliverbrony
Background Pony
Background Pony

Posts : 94
Join date : 2015-02-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

1.7

Post  AleneShazam on Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:50 pm

The mallet is, well, a rubber mallet. It’s remarkably durable, probably enhanced by some kind of magic or special material, but it’s pretty much an implement of comedic destruction.

The bow seems a great deal more complex, and the runes, which seem to be meticulously crafted, give the bow the magical ability to create its own projectiles that are unaffected by distance, wind, or gravity - even many magical attacks are restricted by range, but once this is fired, the projectile will just keep shooting forward until it hits something. The strength of the projectiles also depend on how long the bow is drawn: the bow can be rapid fired like a shortbow, or if the unstable magical bow can be held steady for long enough, its projectiles can punch through steel.

The pack of cards is also very interesting. Each suite of card corresponds to its own power - diamonds have cutting edges, clubs have blunt impacts, hearts are harmless paralysis, and spades are for force shockwaves. The size of the card infers the strength of the card, as well as how quickly they recharge - the ‘trick cards’ disappear after use and reappear in the card pack after a cooldown period. Low power cards reappear in minutes, even seconds, while more powerful cards can take hours, even days, to recover. Madame mask suspects that the most powerful Ace cards don’t recover at all, as the Ace of Spades is missing from the deck.

As for the cleaning process, Flaming decides that, once the crates are all shuffled to one side, the floor will need some sweeping and mopping, the walls as well. Letting the enclosed space breathe a little could help too, with the dust wafting around. But other than some additional furnishings, the place is actually surprisingly clean, for a months old abandoned hideout.

The hardware store run goes about as quickly as they typically do - being in the industrial district there are plenty of those stores to go around, and the supplies are acquired fairly easily. All in all, the haul includes a bundle of planks for boarding up some of the more holey parts of the walls, as well as some cement mix for patching up smaller holes and the relevant tools and supplies.

Eventually, as the cleaning progresses, the radio music cuts off.

<<Hey hey everypony, it’s your favorite DJ again! Time for some news! Uh… Anypony living on Bluejay Avenue better buck up, because that bizarre weather’s been kicking in again. If you see *anything* like a localized storm or blizzard, get the heck away and call for help. The Power Ponies promise they’re on it, but… y’know, other than their very own Zapp, how many ponies do you know that can conjure up lightning storms willy nilly? Anyway, don’t wanna sound ungrateful or anything, so lets just get started with the tunes.>>

Just a few moments after the broadcast happened, their cards begin to glow…
avatar
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1023
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  Paper Shadow on Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:55 pm

"That's our cue," comments Madame Mask as she levitates her card out...

_________________
Ellipses are kinda my thing...

Based Emotion Chart:
avatar
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Posts : 3651
Join date : 2012-11-23
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  jaguargamma on Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:07 pm

Robyn breaks into a smirk of her own as her card levitates in front of her. Her shotgun and saddlebag lurch toward her; the former coming to a hover in the air next to her, the latter stopping in front of her and surrendering its contents.

"About time!"


Last edited by jaguargamma on Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 311
Join date : 2016-02-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  nightlight on Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:10 pm

Daff wobbles a little, carrying a couple of mostly empty boxes stacked precariously on his back. He drops the stack off to one side, out of the way with a loud THUMP that kicks up just a little more of the remaining dust.

He's just about to throw a few doors open to try to air the place out better when the radio catches his attention. His ears perk up, a faint frown forming on his face as he tries to work out what all that can possibly mean. This continues until Rousseau kicks one of his ears, and shoves the glowing card in the large pony's face.

"Oh! The card's glowing! The card's glowing!" he calls excitedly. He takes the card in his mouth.

"Umpph... sunligh'." Nothing happens.

"Sunbrigh'? Sunray? Hello?"

Rousseau smacks the top of his head with his tail.

"Sunglo'! Ets sunglo'!" he says happily around the card.
avatar
nightlight
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 230
Join date : 2015-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  Faege on Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:25 pm

"Sunglow?" Dove Colt holds up the card.

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 205
Join date : 2015-06-29
Location : Going down in China Town

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  jaguargamma on Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:20 pm

This time, Robyn doesn't bother with her stealth-change trick from earlier. In the moments it took Daff to remember the activation word, Trapshot had rematerialized where Robyn Blind had been standing.

"Sunglow," she says, her accent back in full force. "Guess that son-of-a-backside we just heard about on the radio's for us, huh?"
avatar
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 311
Join date : 2016-02-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  Senshuken on Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:14 am

Before they could get into the nitty gritty work of cleaning up their new Headquaters, the radio stopped playing music in order to report on the strange weather conditions that were either the sign of a weather based super villain or someone giving orders to the weather team had been drinking on the job again...

The fact that the cards that their patron had given them were glowing seemed to favor the former rather then the latter. Searching though his gym bag for his uniform and the card that he had stashed within, Flaming turned on the professionalism to the max as he answered "Sunglow. Crimson Chef here. What are we dealing with here?"
avatar
Senshuken
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 431
Join date : 2013-08-08
Age : 25
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

1.8

Post  AleneShazam on Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:27 am

The cards whose owners said ‘Sunglow’ activate, and a female voice comes through.

“Hello. Testing testing- oh! Hi! I’m Argent, you’ve already met my associate Ferrum. Oh, but this card isn’t exactly for exchangeing pleasantries, what with the limited charge and- You know what, I’m just going to get to the point before my rambling gets any more - oh, right. The point. The broadcast on the radio. The one about the freak weather. I think we have a lead.

We’ve been looking through each site, scanning for any clues, and we’ve come across something odd. Aside from the minor damages that can be attributed to the abnormal weather patterns, there haven’t been any signs of real motivation - there aren’t any stores broken into or anything stolen at all. We’ve asked the civilians who were in the area about the incident, and all they reported was a strange howling that sounded like it was from an animal.

But when we cross reference the locations of each incident with our records, we find a pattern. Each freak weather incident happened in the same area that Zapp has recently operated in before. Two weeks ago, Zapp and the rest of the Power Ponies intercepted a shipment of illegal prototype weapons on Twinmane Street. A day later, a blizzard goes through the area. Six days ago, Zapp used a lightning storm to take down a bunch of goons on Buttercup Lane. Only five hours later a miniature hurricane of all things comes out of nowhere. Zapp has been investigating on her own, but so far she’s come up empty hooves, because she’s not seeing the bigger picture.

We, on the other hoof, know where the next incident will be. Zapp’s most recent appearance was near the Maretropolis bank, and no weather patterns have been altered there yet. We suspect that’ll be where the next attack occurs. We don’t have any idea who or what might be causing this kind of issue - all the villains we have intel about who are capable of this are either in hiding or locked up. This is an unknown element. Be careful. Argent out. Moonbright-”


The cards fall silent again, the glow spluttering out.
avatar
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1023
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  Faege on Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:58 am

"ALAKAZAM!" In a bang and a puff of feathers and smoke, Pidgin is in his costume, hoodie drawn up and top hat perched on his head.

Dove Colt shuffles the card into his hoodie pocket, and straightens up, his mind already whirling with theories. "Okay, so they're after Zapp. Who would try such a thing? Heck, who could try such a thing? I don't imagine it'll be easy..."

General Knowledge about possible Zapp related villains (or heroes): 17 + (5 + 3) = 25

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 205
Join date : 2015-06-29
Location : Going down in China Town

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  Paper Shadow on Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:46 am

When Madame Mask notices that everyone else is listening to something she can't hear, she also says the keyword and hears the message, and says moonbright quietly at the end just in case...

"Maybe copycats are a lot more popular than we think," comments Madame Mask as she levitates the bow, mallet, and the deck away from her and into one of the containers in the warehouse. She swipes some of the lower numbered cards suit from the deck (2, 3, and 4 of each suit) and hides them in the her costume. "Well then everypony, showtime!" And with that, she starts to levitate herself towards Maretropolis Bank...

(Flight, in case anyone forgot that the only party member we have with the Flight ability all the time is the unicorn...)

_________________
Ellipses are kinda my thing...

Based Emotion Chart:
avatar
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Posts : 3651
Join date : 2012-11-23
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  Senshuken on Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:05 am

As the card call faded away and the information that Argent had provided for them sank into his mind, Flaming placed the card safely to the side for a moment so that he could put on his costume in order to truly because the Crimson Chef once more. Once the costume was donned, Crimson made sure to tuck his card back into the apron of the suit before turning to look at Dove Colt and considering the line of thought that his new crew member was thinking. "So what we are looking for is either someone or a group of someones who can use weather powers... or at least fake it enough to look pretty convincing. So we are looking for ponies with weather powers, illusion magic, the technological know-how to create gadgets that have weather based abilities or the ability to copy the powers of another hero or villain."

If he wanted to be honest with himself, Crimson suspected that there could be many more different methods of faking weather abilities if one had a creative enough mind, but those were just the possible approaches to the problem that he could think of off the top of his head. Besides, considering the number of heroes and villains that had such abilities the list was relatively long as it was... Maybe he could narrow the list down a bit by figuring out if any of them had some weird obsession with Zapp for one reason or another...

Seeing that Madam Mask was already heading off, Crimson followed behind on foot. Wasn't like he could fly or anything but he was alright with walking until they came up with a better method of transportation.

Dice Rolls:

General Knowledge (List of heroes and villains who could mimic or fake Zapp's weather powers):11,+18 = 29
General Knowledge (Who on the list above has an obsession with Zapp for whatever reason):10,+18= 28

Actions:
Superhero Costume – At Will
Time: 1 Minute
You can create a unique superhero costume that is exactly your size. You cannot create a costume that mimics the costume of another hero/villain. Other creatures must make a DC 35 Perception check to recognize you through the disguise.

avatar
Senshuken
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 431
Join date : 2013-08-08
Age : 25
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  Sliverbrony on Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:49 am

As he watches everypony getting ready, zellbriq turns to Inu and tells her to change back to normal, while he starts to change. first, his fur turns brwon and seems to melt together, hardening until it looks like the bark of a tree, his limbs then begin to elongate and take on a more wolf-like appearance. He then aks, per telepathy:well then letś get going.

Sliverbrony
Background Pony
Background Pony

Posts : 94
Join date : 2015-02-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

1.9

Post  AleneShazam on Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:42 pm

Both Dove Colt and Crimson Chef are aware of a few heroes and villains who might fit the description of weather manipulators. In fact they’re rare, most are put out of commission before they get a chance to do too much as a large enough group of pegasi can usually nullify their powers.

Downpour: Major villain with weather manipulation abilities. Sent to prison a few months ago, but has a grudge against Zapp.

Freeze Tag: Minor villain with cold-related powers, can mimic some cold-related weathers like blizzards.

Azure: Smalltime hero with hydrokinesis.

Gizmo: Supplier of hero equipment, might have the tech to do the job.
avatar
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1023
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  Faege on Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:09 pm

"Hmm." Dove Colt considers this for a moment, before shaking his head. No point in mulling over things now - it's a time of action!

Channeling his power once again, he clears his throat, and instead of the coltish voice he usually speaks in, he cries out in a piercing shriek which attracts a fairly large bird - a thunderpigeon, one of the largest species of pigeon to exist. ~Central Bank, please~ Dove Colt caws, while running up and jumping against a wall to land deftly on the back on the thunderpigeon. Peeking over the side of the thunderpigeon wings, Dove Colt grins widely, "Come on, then! I'll race you there!"

Actions:
Pigeon Airlines (2) – 4*/Extended Rest (1 Used)
Time: 10 Seconds
Target creature gains access to the Flight ability for the next 10 minutes.

Head in the Clouds (2 Exalted)
Prerequisite: Walk the Winds
You can use Walk the Winds an additional time each Extended Rest, and its duration increases to 1 hour.

Animal Speak (3) – At Will
You can communicate with animals as easily as you verbally communicate with other sapient creatures. You can speak to them as you would any NPC.

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 205
Join date : 2015-06-29
Location : Going down in China Town

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  jaguargamma on Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:13 pm

Trapshot's horn flashes as her card goes dark, and a soft chirp emits from somewhere on her person. As the group heads outside, a beat-up pickup truck rumbles around the corner and comes to a stop in front of the warehouse. The black paint job is faded with oxidation, and even starting to chip and peel away in places. Mostly around the dents and bullet holes it had accumulated when the Bandit was driving it.

The driver's-side door clatters open. The cab of the truck is empty, but the dashboard has an impressive number of buttons and switches built into it. Some illuminate, while others flicker or remain dark. A single strip of duct tape is holding one panel in place, and the steering wheel is wrapped in more duct tape.

"Ol' Trigger," says Trapshot. "Another 'gift' from Daddy. Anypony don't have their own way of gettin' where we're goin', hop in the back and hold on tight."
avatar
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 311
Join date : 2016-02-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  Sliverbrony on Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:14 pm

At the offer of a free ride, the two Timberwolf immediatly hop onto the back of the truck.

Sliverbrony
Background Pony
Background Pony

Posts : 94
Join date : 2015-02-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  nightlight on Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:10 pm

"Or maybe just a bunch of pegasi," Daff weighs in as he puts on his Squirrels hat. It takes a minute. Putting on a hat by tossing it from your mouth onto your head takes a few tries.

"But now's not the time to think! It's time to do! Come on, Rousseau! There is evil to fight! Or at least unfriendly weather that may threaten innocent picnics!" he calls excitedly.

Daff gallops so fast the squirrel has to grip his ears to avoid flying off. He stops only long enough to retrieve the mallet, and pick a card (any card) from the deck for good measure. A moment later, he gallops out of the building and leaps onto the back of the truck, causing it to buck backwards from his weight. He takes a place next to Zellbriq.

Actions:

Superhero Costume (0) - At Will
Time: 1 minute
You can create a unique superhero costume that is exactly your size. You cannot create a costume that mimics the costume of another hero/villain. Other creatures must make a DC 35 Perception check to recognize you through the disguise.

Mallet added to inventory (again).

Dice roll for card: 1d4 = 2 (clubs), 1d12 = 6.
6 of clubs added to inventory.
avatar
nightlight
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 230
Join date : 2015-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

1.10

Post  AleneShazam on Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:59 pm

With the various modes of travel, it takes only around ten minutes to reach the bank. There still hasn’t been any weather phenomena yet, but something in the air feels off, something that tips the group of heroes off to something more… ominous. As Ol’ Trigger grinds to a halt on the side of the road, and the heroes unload themselves from their respective modes of travel, they are offered a moment of peace to scout out the surroundings.

(Perception Prompt)
avatar
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1023
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  Paper Shadow on Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:05 pm

(Perception Check: 10 (Roll) + 3 (Skill) = 13)

Upon arriving, Madame Mask begins scanning the area for magic, in case that is the cause...

(Arcana Check: (11) / 2 (Roll) + 18 (Skill) + 5 (Sixth Sense) = 34)

_________________
Ellipses are kinda my thing...

Based Emotion Chart:
avatar
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Posts : 3651
Join date : 2012-11-23
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  Sliverbrony on Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:05 pm

As soon as they arrive, zellbriq and Inu take a look around for anything odd:


Zellbriq: : 1d20+9 16
Inu: perception: 1d20+7 16

Also both of them have Night watch, don`t know if that would make any difference atm though

Sliverbrony
Background Pony
Background Pony

Posts : 94
Join date : 2015-02-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  Senshuken on Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:08 pm

Crimson Chef shook his head at Daff's suggestion as he hopped in the back of Trapshot's truck alongside two timberwolves and the pony-squirrel combination. "The amount of ordinary pegasi you would need to create the reported localized storms in would be large enough to be noticed by now; Odds are we're dealing with either a singular or small group of ponies with either the talent, skill or equipment to create this sort of weather without being caught in the process."

Considering that they had some travel time to spare, Crimson went through the list in his head aloud in order to get some feedback from the rest of the team and discuss possibilities. "The first name that pops into mind is Downpour. Got the weather skills to pull something like this off and he does have a strong grudge against Zapp which would make him the number one suspect... if last I heard he wasn't in prison. Anyone know if he broke out recently?"

"Any name that comes to mind is Freeze Tag. That blizzard is something right up her alley, but I suspect that hurricane would have been beyond her. If she is involved, she will most likely have one or more partners working with her."  A look of disgust appeared on Crimson's muzzle at some of the thoughts that were going through his head, but with some reluctance he managed to ask "Has anyone seen Gizmo lately? While I'm reluctant to accuse them of having any involvement, they would have the ability to do this if they so desired and everypony knows that since the Power Ponies arrived its been hard for other superheros to get their hooves into the pot..."  Gizmo's equipment would give them the ability to create the various storms that had been seen so far and with the Power Ponies more or less taking over the crime fighting scene and squeezing out other hero groups Gizmo's business would have had taken a major hit with the loss of so many clients...

They arrived at the bank a lot quicker then Crimson had thought they would, things looking calm but with an... unease to the air. Getting out of the truck and looking around he tried to see if he could find what was making the hairs on the back of his neck stand on edge...

Dice Rolls:
General Knowledge (Current information on what Azure is up to these days):14,+18=32
Perception (Where is this ill feeling coming from?): 20,+13= 33 (Nat 20!)


Last edited by Senshuken on Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:53 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Senshuken
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 431
Join date : 2013-08-08
Age : 25
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  Faege on Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:23 pm

Looking around, Dove Colt removes his hat and rummages a little around inside before releasing a couple of doves, uttering the quick command, ~Look around, friends, and come back if something is wrong.~

With that done, Dove Colt starts looking around, channeling the inner avian to access his eagle eyes, missing no details and keeping his keen senses open.

Perception: 12 + (10+5+3) = 30

Actions:
Rolled a 2.
Out of a Hat (1) – 5/Extended Rest
You may pull a rabbit out of any small object.

Doves! (0 Exalted)
Prerequisite: Out of a Hat
Whenever you use Out of a Hat, you may pull 1d4 doves out of the small object instead.

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 205
Join date : 2015-06-29
Location : Going down in China Town

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You are (Not) the Heroes IC

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum