Token Evil IC

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Token Evil IC

Post  AleneShazam on Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:53 pm

As the various villains arrive at the crystal caverns under Canterlot, the first thing they notice is a little flesh golem, distinctly frankenstein in appearance with mismatched limbs and sewn-together anatomy. It appears to be inspired by Discord, its badly grafted together body parts colored similarly to Discord's animal parts. No doubt the reception for the villains invited by Discord.

"Please, wait inside with the other potentials. My master will be along shortly." The flesh golem bows, holding out its mismatched arms with a piece of paper in its grasp. On the paper are a set of instructions:

1. Mingle with other villains
2. Listen to Discord's job offering
3. Do whatever it takes to get the job done
4. ???
5. Profit!!!

Gesturing behind it, the flesh golem steps aside, allowing entry to the already busy chamber in the depths of the crystal caverns. As expected, the walls are hewn from glittering translucent crystals, and magical flames sit in wrought iron sconces set into the walls, illuminating the chamber with a blue glow. Various villains are already inside, also lured in by Discord's job offering. The chance to have a wish be made true is just too tempting an opportunity to pass up.

There are a few notable groups and individuals in the room. In one corner, surrounded by sickly green flames, a troupe of imps, succubi and other demons are cackling loudly. They surround a gargantuan reptilian centaur, with the lower body of a crocodile and the upper body of a humanoid with a boar-like head, undoubtedly the leader of the demons. The centaur demon lets out a few grating barks of laughter, before gesturing dismissively at the crowd. A gang of teenaged dragons lounge around, taking chunks out of the cavern walls and generally being obnoxious. A band of mercenary looking individuals, composed of griffons, ponies, and minotaurs are talking amongst themselves, and inviting other lone ponies into their group to chatter. There are quite a few who look to be simply street thugs, but there are also a few ponies and other individuals who look like they have a significant bounty on their heads. Overall, the chamber at the moment serves as a wretched hive of scum and villainy, housing criminals and villains from all across the land.

The intention for this time appears to be for the room's occupants to mingle and speak - and build dramatic tension for Discord's reveal.
avatar
AleneShazam
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 992
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Token Evil IC

Post  Crystalite on Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:19 pm

A quiet, unassuming zebra stepped in the room, and looked around.

Definitely a motley bunch. But no matter. He dragged a folding table and a black bag in behind him, and set it up near the door. He started pulling trays out, filled with (to the uninformed eye) small brownies, laying them out neatly along the table.

Finally, he put up a sign. He wasn't going to babysit, after all. No need to leave everyone in the dark.

Snack Cakes
Take One!
(Only one! Or Satan will rise from Tartarus and rip your spleen out through your kneecaps)

((Using Instant Party.))
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Token Evil IC

Post  Paper Shadow on Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:36 pm

"Dragons!"

As with any kobold, Krix struggled to hold any sense of restraint when in the presence of dragons as he scuttles on over towards the gang of teenagers with his second-in-command in tow. The whole pack was most likely rushing over as well, but they are beneath anyone's notice and go mainly unseen despite their excitement...

_________________
Ellipses are kinda my thing...

Based Emotion Chart:
avatar
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Posts : 3630
Join date : 2012-11-23
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Token Evil IC

Post  Espresso on Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:48 pm

Distancing itself from the rest of the demons, Iota sweeps the assembled villains with a soldier's practiced eye. Most are amateurs, not likely to pose a threat, but it identifies a few who might endanger it. It brings Midnight's Blade to bear, though not making any overtly hostile moves in the middle of a relatively peaceful gathering.

Noticing a tray of snacks, it determines the proper etiquette to be partaking in the offered foods, and brings one of the snack cakes up to the slit in its helm. Slipping the cake between the slit, the cake is instantly vaporized by the magic contained in Iota's armor. It of course has no real effect on the construct, but Iota feels a little better having 'eaten' it.

With pleasantries done, it resumes its guard stance, standing straight with 'eyes' fixed ahead but alert.

> Instant party: 1d20 = 13
avatar
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 284
Join date : 2015-11-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Token Evil IC

Post  Faege on Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:12 pm

Under his helmet, Brightheart smiles widely. How exciting, a quest issued by a powerful spirit, with the ultimate reward being a granted wish! Just like in the myths and legends! Looking around, he homes in on the individual most like him, encased in heavy armor and looking quite formidable. On his way there, he snags a snack cake from the stand set up by someone before him. How nice of them to provide food at the venue.

"Hark, Demon Armor! I have had the honor of crossing blades with your kind many times, but never once have I spoken with a suit of Armor without them trying to skewer me!" Brightheart raises his blade - a comically oversized sword emitting a soft sunlight glow - in greeting as he approaches. Noticing the guarded gait by which the Armor stands, the knight lowers his sword, instead extending a friendly hoof to shake. "I am Sir Brightheart, once knight of the Celestial Order. What about you, good Armor? What might your name be?"

Dice:
Instant party: 1d20 = 19!

Faege
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Posts : 193
Join date : 2015-06-29
Location : Going down in China Town

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Token Evil IC

Post  Espresso on Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:24 pm

"Sunlight Executioner," The armor says with a hollow, echoing voice, like someone speaking within an empty auditorium. It reaches over with creaking joints and giving the knight's hoof a firm shake. "Well met."

The suit of armor taps a fist against its chest in salute. "Iota." It says simply, gesturing at itself.
avatar
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 284
Join date : 2015-11-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Token Evil IC

Post  DutchTilt on Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:00 pm

A pony-drawn carriage hurtled through the rain-slicked streets of Canterlot, as if pursued by toll-takers of Tartarus. Water sprayed in frantic arcs from the passage of the wooden wheels as if to escape the evil inside, and dousing unfortunate passers-by. The pony sitting inside stared straight ahead of him, blue-green eyes glimmering avariciously in the low light. The beauty of the city even in this weather meant little for him now, and he did have an eye for fine architecture (he had the stolen specimens in his home to prove it). He had greater, not to mention more urgent, concerns.

The ultimatum had arrived unexpectedly at his home, halfway through his rendition of the third movement of Broncoven's No. 9 in D minor. Normally such an interruption would have called down his ire in a moment, but the sudden appearance of the missive piqued his curiosity too much. It had contained an invitation to a highly secret, exclusive conclave deep in the heart of the catacombs underneath the capital, and that only the most ambitious, depraved, and black-hearted scoundrels would find welcome. He had taken that as a challenge, intrigued by what his host would consider qualified. Yet more intriguing was the underlined promise of a wish, of all things. He had laughed it off at first, but the need to see for himself what was being offered was too exciting a possibility to simply ignore.

The carriage screeched to a halt at the entrance to the caverns. The black door, monogramed in gold, swung open. A metal step, carpeted with red, unfolded, and the passenger disembarked, accompanied only by one other creature. He gave an order for his drivers to return for him later.

"Are you sure about this, professor?" one of them asked. "I don't like the look of this."

"Your concerns are noted," he replied, "but if I wanted your professional opinion, I would give it to you. Return at the time I have specified. Until then, go off and do whatever it is you do when I don't require your services."

"Yessir, professor," the drivers said, and just like that, they were gone.

"Come, Zoltan," said the pony, and he descended into the catacombs. The great, black hound followed.

Down into the chamber came a unicorn with a rich, brown coat, and a dark mane worn in the gentlecolt's style, just like the rest of his apparel. The dog at his side growled lowly, and he waved a forehoof gently in front of it.

"Easy, boy. We're guests here."

Professor Thornapple, the world's greatest criminal mind, gazing around him at the gathered invitees. Dragons, imps, gangsters, kobolds, thugs, and robbers, certainly a vile and eclectic bunch. He spotted two knights holding conversation—no, wait, only one was a knight. Their conversation partner was something entirely other. How fascinating. He next noted the zebra hunkered behind the stall selling cakes, and quirked an eyebrow.

"I wasn't aware there would be a catering service," he said.
avatar
DutchTilt
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Gender : Male
Posts : 12
Join date : 2016-06-18
Location : U.K.

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/ScottDHarrisFilms

Back to top Go down

Re: Token Evil IC

Post  A1C Bronymous on Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:31 pm

"Catering? NICE!" A youthful voice says from directly behind the unicorn. "I'm not eating anything made by Discord." Another voice, female, replies. "...or anything at all if somepony is just gonna keep standing in the way." The two black figures push past him on either side, disregarding him and his dog. "No, see, its Zebra food. You like Zebra food. I'm gonna go get Zebra food." Hallows runs up to the cart and grabs a snack cake, and his sister sighs before following him there. "What's in these?" Gallows sniffs at them disdainfully, while Hallows shovels it into his mouth. "Yeah, and how do I get another one?"



Party roll: 3


Last edited by A1C Bronymous on Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5625
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Presidio of Monterey, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Token Evil IC

Post  jaguargamma on Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:16 pm

A rough-looking unicorn mare uses her telekinesis to fetch a snack cake while the drunken pirate draped around her loudly recounts another embellished tale, waving his stein around to punctuate each bellowed slur, never minding the rum sloshing over the rim and onto the floor around him.

Finally at the end of his story, he throws his head back, pours the contents of his stein down his throat, and tosses the stein away. The squeeze he gives the mare forces a thunderous belch from his gullet, and the kiss he gives her leaves a ring of rum and spittle on her cheek.

The mare responds to the disgusting display of affection with a giggle before splitting the cake and feeding half of it to her "mate" as a reward.

”Loves ya too, lovah,” she coos. ”What says you lot to another tall tale from ol' Cap'n Clear Ben?”

Clear Ben flashes a smirk as the other ponies clamor for another story.

”Gotsh me a hankerin’ fer a ride on the ol' Shhhoulder Tap,” he chuckles, “but alright. I got ‘nother shtory in me. Jusht lemme get s’more rum in me to put a jog in me ol’ memory…”

Shoulder Tap’s horn lights, and the stallion’s discarded stein flies toward the pair and positions itself under a tap set in the keg next to the mare. A moment later, it offers itself to the drunken stallion, now filled to the brim with frothy liquid.

”That be the last of it,” she says as Clear Ben wraps his hoof around the stein. ”Keg’s out.”

Ben responds with a big grin, his bloodshot eyes already starting to glaze over.

“Guessh I betta tell a long one, then,” he drawls, then pulls a couple chugs from his ale. “Thish one beginsh…”

Clear Ben's eyes snap wide as he stumbles, then collapses in a drunken stupor, elliciting a roar of laughter and disappointed groans from the other crooks gathered around him.

"Shame that," Shoulder Tap laments, her pirate accent gone.

And just like that, she disappears, leaving behind a metallic pony endoskeleton with glowing green eyes. Black letters emblazoned across the machine’s left breast plate proudly display the word “RECON”. When it speaks, its voice is an octave lower than Shoulder Tap's had been.

”Suppose my entertainment had to end sometime.”

As she strolls across the chamber toward the party, Recon’s legs telescope downward and her horn spirals out from the port in her forehead. Upon reaching her full height, a sheath of illusory magic envelops Recon's endoskeleton and hardens into the carapace of a wingless changeling queen, the glint of metal endoskeleton still visible in the holes in her legs and horn.

"Not a moment too soon," she grumbles. "If I'd had to say another word in that wretched accent..."

Rolls:
Instant Party: 9 (No magic point)
avatar
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 281
Join date : 2016-02-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Token Evil IC

Post  Crystalite on Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:51 pm

DutchTilt wrote:"I wasn't aware there would be a catering service," he said.

"Just returning the hospitality," Zippers replied in his calm, relaxed voice. "Lightening the mood a little. Always polite to bring snacks to a party, after all," he said.

A1C Bronymous wrote:Hallows runs up to the cart and grabs a snack cake, and his sister sighs before following him there. "What's in these?" Gallows sniffs at them disdainfully, while Hallows shovels it into his mouth. "Yeah, and how do I get another one?"

"Just something to ease your tensions a little," Zippers said with a warm smile as he took one of his cakes and began to nibble on it. "I wouldn't take more than one, though... Give it about ten, fifteen minutes and see where you are," he explained, gesturing at the sign he had set up.

((Party roll: 10))
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Token Evil IC

Post  DutchTilt on Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:27 pm

Crystalite wrote:"Just returning the hospitality," Zippers replied in his calm, relaxed voice. "Lightening the mood a little. Always polite to bring snacks to a party, after all," he said.

"Well, I suppose I can't fault you for that reasoning," the well-dressed unicorn said, a mote patronising. "Good form. Well done. I must say, however, that you don't strike me as being in the same class of scoundrel as the others gathered here. You're quite, well, civilian by comparison."

He willed the cake into the air in front of him. "I don't suppose you've heard anything of our host?" he asked, idly nibbling the confection. "I hope he doesn't plan to be 'fashionably late.' I'm sure many of us have personal enterprises that require our attention."

DICE::
Instant Party: 1d20 = 18.
avatar
DutchTilt
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Gender : Male
Posts : 12
Join date : 2016-06-18
Location : U.K.

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/ScottDHarrisFilms

Back to top Go down

Re: Token Evil IC

Post  AleneShazam on Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:51 am

The dragons smirk when they see the kobolds approach. "Hey, Fang." One of the drakes elbow the one beside him, muttering under his breath. "Look. Small-scales."

The dragon named Fang - aptly so, what with the exaggerated canines - grins, and starts showing off without directly addressing the kobolds, breathing plumes of fire at his companions and comparing claw sizes, all the while basking in the attention the kobolds are giving them.

Meanwhile, the massive demon laughs suddenly, apparently coming to the end of a particularly interesting anecdote, bringing down one of its oversized cleavers down into the crystal floor and shattering the tiling, causing the whole room to tremble slightly. Looking around, it continues, "Where is that chaos sprite, anyway? I will have his head if Discord does not show. It would serve the spineless trickster right."

As though in response to his challenge, the lights around the room dim, and a single flame appears in the middle of the room. Except instead of just blue, this glows a prismatic light that shifts between all colors. The frankenstein monster scuttles up next to the flame. "Eh, Ladies and Gentlemen, thank you for your patience. My master will now address you. Presenting: the Lord of Chaos, Father of Madness, King of Confusion, the Universal-" The flesh golem suddenly seizes up as the fire suddenly swirls up behind it and flows into its body. Twisting painfully, the golem almost rotates 360º at the waste as light flows from its eyes. Eventually, however, it stops, straightening up and dusting itself off.

"Yes yes, epithets epithets, yada yada." Its voice, suddenly taking on a more mesmerizing tone, says good-naturedly. Everyone instinctively realizes that this is Discord speaking. "Whatever. You're all good sports for hanging around. Anyway. My name is Discord - as you all probably know already since I invited you scumbags here in the first place. Moving on!"

"You're here because of the job." The Discord-puppet steeples its fingers, grinning wickedly. "See, you have something I don't have - freedom to act as you will. And I have something you don't - phenomenal infinite cosmic power. So I think we can make a deal. You do some errands for me, and I grant you whatever it is your puny mortal minds want. An excellent deal if I do say so myself."

"Get to the point, Discord." The demon booms, and Discord waggles a finger at it.

"Tsk tsk, Magnaroth. Have patience, I'm getting there." Discord smiles. "I have a list of things I need brought to me, in a very specific order. Which means, only one item can be retrieved at a time."

The meat golem looks around the room. "But alas, there are so many villains here! Which can only mean one thing. This is a competition! Organize yourself into teams of... hm. Lets say a squad of ten or so? Anyway, get into teams, and whichever team brings me the most items on my list at the end of the job gets the reward."

"Anything you want." Discord's meatling eyes glint maliciously. "So- are we clear? I'll give you... oh, ten seconds or so to get into teams and get moving, because this is the first item I want brought to me!"

He snaps his fingers, and in a burst of prismatic fire, a slip of paper appears in front of all the assembled individuals. On the paper is written: Celestia's Family Jewels. (No, really.)

"Bring them to me." Discord's voice carries over the entire crowd. "And remember: you may do whatever it takes. Okay, on your marks..."

"Get set..."

"GO!"

There is instant pandemonium as the groups scramble to form up, many already resorting to backstabbing to eliminate competition and rivals.

The demon Discord called Magnaroth is already hacking away at the swarms of ponies around him, roaring in laughter and batting villains aside with massive meat cleavers. "MINIONS, TO ME! WE WILL HAVE THIS WISH!"

Discord laughs maniacally, and with the snap of a finger, everything goes white--

The PCs are dumped unceremoniously in a field somewhere at the base of Canterlot Mountain. The grouping appears completely arbitrary with no rhyme nor reason.
avatar
AleneShazam
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 992
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Token Evil IC

Post  Faege on Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:02 am

"Well then, Iota! Nice meeting you." Brightheart smiles broadly, sheathing Sunlight and standing to observe the happenings of the room. He has to fight to suppress an excited squeal when Discord comes on stage.

"Nice fellow." Brightheart comments, as Discord begins his exposition. He listens with rapt attention, the smile never faltering from his face, even as chaos breaks out at the end of the speech.

Turning to Iota, he smiles. "So, you and me, good armor? What say you--"

He blinks, sitting up amidst the tall grass. He adjusts his helmet, in something of a daze. "Well, that was unexpected," He murmurs, looking around for his new armored friend. "Iota, friend, are you there?"


Last edited by Faege on Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Faege
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Posts : 193
Join date : 2015-06-29
Location : Going down in China Town

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Token Evil IC

Post  Espresso on Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:09 am

"...Unpleasant." Iota rasps, as it sits up creakily. It nods in Brightheart's direction when it hears his voice. "Here. Am fine."

Putting up Midnight's Blade in a vigilant manner, Iota immediately starts scanning its surroundings. There appears to be other individuals aside from just Brightheart, but whether or not they present a threat is unknown. Iota resolves to be more cautious of surprise teleports in the future. "Perimeter." It states, hoping Brightheart understands.

>Perception to check for immediate dangers (w/ Nightwatch) : 1d20 (14) + 10 Skill + 1 Party Time = 25
avatar
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 284
Join date : 2015-11-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Token Evil IC

Post  DutchTilt on Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:05 am

A competition? Ordinarily, this would not have held the suave and accomplished professor's attention, as he much preferred things of a greater certainty. Still, the opportunity had its appeal. He had been pondering how to make his name in the great city of Canterlot. After the Trottingham Caper and the Cloudsdale Job, it seemed like the next logical target for his schemes, and it had to be something supremely wicked and daring. The royal jewels of the princess herself! How could he possibly say no? Once the conclave turned violent, he had been about to take his leave...

Then came that blinding flash, and he found himself in a damp, wind-swept field along with several other guests. He wondered if the infamous and ancient trickster spirit had planned the groups by himself already, or if they had simply been swept up due to their proximity. He did a quick headcount. There was the zebra, the knight and his strange conversation partner, a kobold chieftain, some manner of insectoid mare (enchanting in her own strange sort of way, he was sure), and the twin jackals. Including himself and Zoltan, that made nine. Well, he had pulled off heists with less.

"It seems, my friends," he said, and adjusted his monocle, "that we have our marching orders. I suggest the first thing we do is pool our data. What does everypony know about the jewels and where they are presently ensconced?"

DICE:
History, to recall information about the jewels: 1d20 (20) + 10 Skill + 1 Instant Party = 31.


Last edited by DutchTilt on Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:35 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixing a typo.)
avatar
DutchTilt
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Gender : Male
Posts : 12
Join date : 2016-06-18
Location : U.K.

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/ScottDHarrisFilms

Back to top Go down

Re: Token Evil IC

Post  Faege on Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:57 am

"Mm! An armor of duty as well as honor. This is most promising!" Brightheart exclaims, drawing his faintly glowing blade and standing at the ready similarly to Iota. "I know animated armors can see through darkness, but I fear our companions cannot - give me just a moment, and..."

His horn lights up, and his Sunlight sword's glow suddenly brightens into something similar to a campfire, fire and lightning dancing on the blade's edge and casting Celestia's light across the windswept field. "There. Now..."

He glances at the unicorn who spoke up. He didn't seem like much, though he had the looks of a noblepony about him. "Well for one, I was under the impression that Her Majesty was a mare," He chuckles jovially. "'Family jewels' indeed! Hah! What a jester that Discord is!"

Abilities:
Celestia’s Light (1) – At Will
Preparation Time: 5 Seconds
You become a beacon of light. This light is normally omnidirectional and may light an area up to 50 feet in diameter, or may be focused into a tight beam that can light objects up to 200 feet away.

Faege
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Posts : 193
Join date : 2015-06-29
Location : Going down in China Town

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Token Evil IC

Post  Paper Shadow on Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:14 am

"Wait what happened?" asks Krix as the white light fades and he is no longer hiding from the carnage. He looks at the group around him. "Is this my 'team'?" His confusion turns to anger. "No fair! I wanted to be with the dragons!" He starts jumping up and down, swinging his arms at the sky, yapping on with complaints and insults directed at Discord for this great disservice. After a while he stops and starts counting... seemingly nothing. Nothing worth anyone's notice at least...

_________________
Ellipses are kinda my thing...

Based Emotion Chart:
avatar
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Posts : 3630
Join date : 2012-11-23
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Token Evil IC

Post  AleneShazam on Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:43 am

The darkness scarcely hinders Iota's sight, and its caution lends well to it being a sentry. Looking around, there does not seem to be any immediate sources of danger in the field - occasional clumps of bushes and trees aside, there aren't many hiding spots and it looks fairly safe. None of the other groups of villains appear to be in the vicinity either. This is made more obvious as Brightheart shines Celestia's Light across the field, revealing nothing suspicious.

Thornapple is actually very familiar with the royal jewels, if those are what Discord is referring to. The royal jewels are immensely valuable, one (well, two) of a kind gemstones rumored to be locked away in the Canterlot treasury. Though not powerful artifacts or magical by any standards, their value stems from the sentimental value it holds with the Princess - legend has it that the jewels are given to the Princess by her parents, and serve as her last remaining tie to them. They can serve as excellent bargaining chips against the Princess, and successfully acquiring them will be a huge career boost for anyone who manages to steal them from the vault. However, because of their great value, many thieves have attempted heists to take the gems. None have succeeded thus far, due to the astounding security of the treasury. It will take a true criminal mastermind to breach the vault's defenses.

"All present and accounted for!" It seems only Krix manage to catch that statement, and indeed, everything seems to be in order, aside from the disappointing lack in dragons.
avatar
AleneShazam
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 992
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Token Evil IC

Post  Espresso on Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:59 am

After a few more seconds of cautious observation, Iota lowers Midnight's Blade slowly, a rattling noise roughly interpretable as a sigh of relief escaping its helm. It nods at Brightheart, before turning to the other villains before it. It tilts its head in a gesture that would otherwise be inquisitive, but comes off as slightly unsettling.

"Me, Iota. Knight, Brightheart." It gestures at itself, then at the knight.

"Others," Iota rasps. "Identify?"
avatar
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 284
Join date : 2015-11-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Token Evil IC

Post  Crystalite on Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:28 am

"Ugh! Rude," the zebra muttered as he came around from a dizzy spell and realized what had occurred. He stood up, smoothed his corduroy vest and straightened his tie, and examined his team members.

"So this is my team? Huh, alright. My name is Zippers, everybody," he introduced himself. "Although, some of you may already know me. If I can swing by my lab in Canterlot, there may be something in my file cabinet to help us get inside, at least," he suggested.

Streetwise:
Does Zippers know anybody, off the top of his head, inside the palace that could conceivably help out with this?

Result: 1d20 [5] + Streetwise [12] + Party [1] = 18
avatar
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Posts : 2898
Join date : 2013-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Token Evil IC

Post  DutchTilt on Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:33 am

If my presumptions are correct, then I already have an inkling as to our new benefactor's endgame, the professor thought to himself. He glanced up at the gathering group. The animated creature was asking for names, but it was the zebra's statement that interested him. A lab? Certainly a good first stop, and likely closer than his own workshop. "Very well. We shouldn't tarry for too long, however. Once they're done butchering each other, our rivals will likely put their own plans into action. Of course, we have the advantage of intelligence. As for who I am, my name is Professor Thornapple." A growl from beside him. "And this is Zoltan."
avatar
DutchTilt
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Gender : Male
Posts : 12
Join date : 2016-06-18
Location : U.K.

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/ScottDHarrisFilms

Back to top Go down

Re: Token Evil IC

Post  Espresso on Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:51 pm

"Zippers. Lab?" Its interest piqued, Iota looks towards the zebra, asking haltingly. "Magical? Or, Scientific?"

It stares intently at Zippers with glowing red eyes, before turning to Thornapple briefly. "Ah- Yes. Time, short. Others-" It's sight barely skims over the kobold before settling on the mechanical changeling creature. "Ready?

It grips the Midnight Blade slightly tighter at the mention of the butchering. As a soldier of the demon legion, Iota was aware of the horrific tales told of Magnaroth. Although, why would a demon as powerful as him need a wish?

> History to determine Magnaroth's potential motives: 1d20 (6) + 8 History + 1 Party Time = 15
avatar
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 284
Join date : 2015-11-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Token Evil IC

Post  AleneShazam on Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:07 pm

At the very least, Zippers has contacts that can get the group through one of the side entrances, so they can bypass the guards at the front. He doesn't know anyone as far as the treasury itself is concerned, however.

Iota doesn't have much of an inkling as to what might motivate Magnaroth to get the wish aside from plain old greed.
avatar
AleneShazam
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Gender : Male
Posts : 992
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Token Evil IC

Post  jaguargamma on Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:25 pm

Upon realizing she was outside, Recon immediately shifts into a pegasus disguise and checks the area. She spots the other villains she’d just been dumped with, but no wandering passersby to have noticed a changeling queen standing so close to Canterlot.

"Imaga, though I go by the name Recon," she says offhand (offhoof?). ”And yes, we should conduct our planning in private after we’ve returned to Canterlot.

She unfurls her wings and lifts herself off the ground, then adds, "Separately, if no one has any way to transport us all covertly.”
avatar
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 281
Join date : 2016-02-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Token Evil IC

Post  A1C Bronymous on Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:05 pm

"Whaffahetakkinbou'?" Hallows tries to ask through a mouthful of Zebra cake. Gallows, who is more or less listening, shrugs as the chaos breaks out. She picks up a cake herself, and replies, "Something about Celestia's jewels, and groups of-"

The jackals cough and sputter their snacks as they hit the grass. They jump to their feet and assume a defensive stance, gallows trying not to choke, and circle each other as they watch the others around them. "Two have swords." "The Zebra is here." "Unicorn, changeling... little dragon things?" "...Hey do you have any more food?" Hallows asks, abandoning his defensive posture to go beg from the Zebra. His sister huffs. "So... I guess we're all in a group? Where are we?"


Last edited by A1C Bronymous on Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5625
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Presidio of Monterey, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Token Evil IC

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum