Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Token Evil IC

+5
AleneShazam
Espresso
A1C Bronymous
Crystalite
DutchTilt
9 posters

Page 7 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 19  Next

Go down

Token Evil IC - Page 7 Empty Re: Token Evil IC

Post  Faege Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:22 am

"Okay, plan: I blind them with sunlight, and you good fellows proceed with the wonderful tradition of stabbing them repeatedly." Brightheart suggests, readying his sunlight magic. "How does that sound?"

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:28 pm

The twins simply shrug and huddle up in the shadows to try and remain out of the line of fire. Gallows looks over at the approaching pony, and warily she turns her brother's attention to him as well. "Who's that?" She asks in a hushed growl.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Espresso Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:09 pm

Iota shrugs, and likewise readies for combat, seeing if they can't take another of the guards out before the fight proper breaks out.
Espresso
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:02 pm

Recon:

"Do you now?" Celestia raises an eyebrow and leans forward, the rest of her expression inscrutable as usual. "I would ask for a full report on your... absence, but now is not the time. Perhaps later, for now though... report away."

A quick glance around doesn't reveal anything interesting to Recon, and she doesn't spot any of the usual tells for changeling infiltration.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:36 pm

It took Broken longer then he would have liked to arrive at the vault, having had to put up with the general interference of the guard... however, they had other things on their mind and were fairly easy to convince to continue on their ways without them really remembering any details about him afterwards. Already he had plans to enjoy a glass of wine, a quick and easy dinner, listen to some music and maybe read an enjoyable book because today had already been distressingly annoying and he would welcome the chance to rest and relax after it was done. 'Hey Nightmare, any requests for music and literature later?' while it was a small gesture, due to the nature of their relationship it oftentimes helped to show some consideration... if only because of how irritating having a disgruntled voice in your head could be. Besides wither they liked each other or not they were allies and stuck together for the time being, so they might as well try to be on good terms with each other.

Arriving at the vault and spying the scene, Broken considered his options. If what the changelings had said was true, the guards in front of the vault were either Changelings themselves or could be bypassed by shape shifters easily enough. One way or the other, those guardponies were a problem that needed to be dealt with and the disposable assets that he was looking at seemed to already be in the process of doing just that; There was no harm in letting them take the lions share of the job... through a little assistance wouldn't go astray.

Confidently walking at his past the group of misfits after making sure they had seen that he had seen them, he turned the corner and looked at the two guard ponies that were approaching the corner with a dark expression before looking at the various guards present... before instantly zeroing in on the earth pony stallion that appeared to be in charge. Ignoring the two guards for now, he walked by them as if they weren't there as he offered the paladin in charge the glare of someone who has had to deal with a lot of bullshit today and now he had to deal with you. "Paladin! Why are those under your command abandoning their posts?!" He had practiced the poise and tone of voice for quite sometime to make it clear that he was speaking with the unquestionable authority of Princess Celestia herself... the fact that he was also making himself the center of attention and distracting any remaining guards from any alarms or noises that might have been raised from... say... two guardsponies being ambushed around the corner.

"Her majesty wishes for the vault to be opened and checked. She has been given reason to believe that one or more shape shifting thieves have taken advantage of the recent chaos to plunder the Vault. Failure to follow this order is to be considered grounds for termination as an enemy agent, am I understood?!" There was a cold harshness in his tone that suggested that this wasn't an idle threat.

Actions and Dice:
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:43 pm

"That report has a small part, but I'll give the short version when I come to it."

Recon proceeds to inform the Princess of the villains' competition over promise of a substantial prize from a mysterious benefactor. Recon had infiltrated the group of villains responsible for the fracas in the kitchen using the changeling Queen Imata as her cover identity.

"She was the queen you formed the CDU to track down. I found out when I was still Little Walker that she'd infiltrated the CDU as a tracker and been using it to smuggle her forces past your defenses, hence why I did what I did after becoming Recon. I'll give my apologies for that at a better time."

She goes on to explain that the object of the competition is to retrieve a series of artifacts, the first of which being Princess Celestia's family jewels.

"That is exactly how he phrased it, so expect the less-intelligent competitors to try to grope you looking for them."

"The only other group I've encountered that was already in the palace is the changelings. They're not being led by a queen, but they've elevated a drone to the same position and used magic to create a telepathic hive mind. They've also brought in infiltrators and mimics, and the lead drone mentioned something about having a plan in place if you got involved personally.

"As for the relics, I'd recommend letting the villains take them for now. Let them continue thinking they're winning and eliminating each other, then move in with your forces to arrest them when their numbers have been reduced. I'll work undercover to confirm who's running the show, so you can take him down, too."
jaguargamma
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:53 pm

Celestia closes her eyes for a moment and nods. "I'll leave that to you, then. Good to have you back, Little Walker."

She pauses for a moment. "And... what of news of the starry maned alicorn? The guard made a report but I want to know if you've heard anything of this alicorn."
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:52 pm

"Another one of the competitors, most likely," comes Recon's reply. "I only encountered that one today and my sensors have been on-and-off all morning, so I don't have a clear reading. Strong possibility that whoever it is will join the group I've infiltrated, though, so I should learn more about them soon."

Last edited by jaguargamma on Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total
jaguargamma
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:58 pm

Krix was about to add his own comments, before noticing this new non-guard pony strut in and reprehend the guards like he owned the place. As he squints his eyes in dumbfounded confusion from around the corner, Krix mumbles to his allies "Who the !#$* is this?"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:46 pm

Team Vault:
The Earth Pony narrows his eyes as Broken approaches, but after he puts on the big show of being intimidating and important (despite looking the way he does) he seems to treat him with a bit more caution. He scrutinizes Broken carefully, before finally nodding. Physical weakness does not necessarily mean mental ineptitude - this is a lesson drilled into the knights since time immemorial.

"Mammoth, open it up." He orders, before turning to Broken again. "For the record, which division are you from? I'll need to report this once the crisis is resolved. Standard protocol, you understand."

The two guards who were sent after the first pegasus seem to be sufficiently distracted by the sudden unicorn, and sufficiently out of the way, that an ambush *might* be possible...

Recon:

"Very well, then." Celestia sighs, and sits a little straighter. "You may continue with your mission to gather intel on the groups of villains at large. In the meantime I will marshal the forces and resolve this conflict within the city. Keep in mind that I will not accept further unsanctioned actions like before, even if well-intentioned. Am I clear?"

AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:30 pm

"All due respect, the nature of my mission may require me to perform actions against you--sanctioned or otherwise--to maintain cover. I will do what I can to keep any damages I may cause to a minimum if it does come to that."

She pauses for a beat, then adds "I will try to be back later to receive maintenance and repairs. I'm overdue for both. I'll likely use the diversion of your forces clearing the city to stay undercover."

Another beat.

"So...am I supposed to bow to you or kiss your hoof or something before I leave?"
jaguargamma
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:04 pm

The twins wait around the corner, peeking out again. Gallows looks to the kobold, remembering their part of the plan was to dash in, grab the jewels and dash out. "Are we gonna go now?" She asks, hesitant. "Door's open..."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Faege Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:29 am

"Assuming the vault has only one door, I believe that would be a grave mistake." Brightheart says. "After all, the knights could easily get reinforcements then, and we would be  outnumbered when we try to leave with our prize. A fight may not be to your liking, but I believe glorious combat will secure us the best chance at making it out of this place alive."

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:33 am

"I am merely a humble servant of the Chivalric Council, a mere vessel whom lives to convey the words of Princess Celestia to her more militant subjects." While the words themselves sounded humble (and would look as such if written down), the tone of voice and the smug smirk that came with it told a completely story. Of course it was a complete facade but being a smug, arrogant twat who had the ear of some very powerful, influential ponies would hopefully result in as few questions (or talking in general) as possible. Of course it didn't really matter in the end what was said between himself and these guards... they were going to be dead soon anyway.

"Shall we?" Broken asked as he tilted his head towards the vault door, letting the Paladin lead the way and go in first. Before they got going through, Broken's eyes widened as he seemed to remember something. "Of yes, before I forget. You might wish to send someone to collect the stallion who I passed before. I saw a corridor eat somepony earlier so a degree of caution is advised. "
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:53 am

Team Vault:
The Paladin nods, looking at one of the unicorns - a mare. "Tender, you're with me. Mist, Domain - you go check if Blitz is alright." He gestures with a hoof, and the two guards alongside Broken head into the vault.

The large earth pony - Mammoth - hmphs at Broken's attitude, and resumes his post in front of the vault doors (which are still open). Meanwhile the pegasus mare and unicorn stallion, Mist and Domain, continue their advance towards Team Vault's position.

Broken:
Past the vault doors is a grand passageway, even larger than before, easily the height and width of a large barn, adorned with elaborate ornaments like chandeliers, gold-leaf wallpaper, and intricate reliefs. Notably, however, there are no lights anywhere, and the paladin gestures for Tender to light her horn up, who illuminates the passage with a dim green light. The paladin then moves over to the wall right beside the vault doors, and retrieves three medallions, two of which he hands to Tender and Broken, and one of which he hangs around his neck. Tender also puts on the medallion, and the two look expectantly at Broken.

Recon:
Celestia sighs, remembering Little Walker's particular brand of humor. "No, you may leave. Thank you for your service, agent."
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Espresso Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:22 am

"Enemies outnumbered." Iota notes as the three ponies enter the vault. "Leader leaving... Attack now, chances of victory high."

The armor turns to the others, brandishing the Midnight Blade. "Go now?"
Espresso
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:52 am

Crossing the threshold of the vault, Broken glanced around in the darkened chamber to assess any threats before Tender managed to light her horn up to cast some light on the situation.. a suspiciously green color. Taking note of it for now but not drawing attention to it just yet.

As he was handed the medallion, Broken didn't don it right away. In fact it was clear that he was inspecting it while he was holding it up with his magic, testing the enchantments on it carefully before nodding in some small amount of satisfaction to himself and putting it on... before frowning at both ponies with him with mild disappointment at the test they had just failed. "We are here to inspect the vault to ensure there hasn't been a break in from hostile agents and neither of you even bothered to check that your medallions weren't fakes or tampered with before putting them on. For all I would have known, your heads could have exploded the moment you put them on." Shaking his head as he made a tsk'ing noise, he nodded his head forward before firmly saying "Proceed."

It was only after they got moving again that he decided to speak in a more... normal tone of voice. "Tell me Paladin, how familiar are you with the term 'Changeling?'"

Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:03 am

Broken:
The Paladin seems completely nonplussed at Broken's criticism, as though he's used to pencil-pushers pretending they know what combat means. Considering Broken's question, he answers quickly, "They're a race of shapeshifters, aren't they? Why do you ask?"

He starts off into the depths of the vault at a brisk pace, but there's a lot of hallway before they get to the end.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:51 pm

Recon obliges with a quick salute, and then leaves the throne room. On the way out, she changes to a new disguise as an innocent staffer, to keep from being picked up by any changelings posing as Royal Guards as she heads for the vault.
jaguargamma
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:50 pm

Espresso wrote:"Enemies outnumbered." Iota notes as the three ponies enter the vault. "Leader leaving... Attack now, chances of victory high."

The armor turns to the others, brandishing the Midnight Blade. "Go now?"
After having stopped mouthing the last few words he said to himself, Krix finally answers with "Yes, no change of plan. Ponies are still heading this way, we are gonna get them."
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:18 am

Team Vault:
The two guards pass the corner of the corridor, right into the team's range of attack...
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Espresso Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:15 pm

Wordlessly, the animated armor tightens its hold on its sword and hacks at the pony guards before they get the chance to react to them.

Athletics: 12 (roll) + 13 (skill) + 5 (FK: smashing stuff) = 30, prioritizing the unicorn first
Espresso
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:07 am

Appearing as if he was merely making some sort of small talk while they crossed the long hallway, Broken glanced away to look along the walls as he innocently said "Something like that. I've heard that they naturally look like some kind of bug pony. Strangely enough they don't seem to be that good at pretending to be unicorns; Their magic is always green and they can't seem to hide it. That is why I assumed you decided to bring a unicorn with us, but I'm sure that Paladin... Tender was it?... Has more then earned your trust if she was your first pick."

He honestly didn't know if that whole 'color of magic' thing held any real truth to it because he had just made up that load of garbage on the spot based on past observation, but honestly it didn't need to any; What mattered was that he got the earth pony Paladin thinking in a certain way while making it seem as if he himself had come to the conclusion that his partner might not be whom he believes her to be... hopefully without her catching on in the process.

Dice Roll:
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:50 pm

The twins retreat to the wall, attempting to stay clear of the initial fighting.

Hey all, My holiday schedule is a lot busier than I was imagining. I don't think I'm going to be around too frequently until some time into January. I may be on once or twice before then. In case things happen and I'm not around to react, the Twins are going to try and avoid fighting unless it turns into an all out brawl- so they can probably remain on standby for a few rounds of combat. Should suffice until I get back.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Faege Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:54 am

"Look away, good fellows, for the light of Celestia knows no friend or foe--!"

Rather than attacking physically, Brightheart instead opts for a more magical strategy - he charges up a miracle of Celestia, and when the unicorn and pegasus rounds the corner, his horn erupts into a blinding pillar of light which he directs straight at the guards, hoping to blind them and disable them for long enough for the others to ambush the guards.

Light of the Summer Sun:

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 19  Next