Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Token Evil IC

+5
AleneShazam
Espresso
A1C Bronymous
Crystalite
DutchTilt
9 posters

Page 14 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next

Go down

Token Evil IC - Page 14 Empty Re: Token Evil IC

Post  Paper Shadow Sun May 21, 2017 12:16 am

A1C Bronymous wrote:"Hey Kobold, how many other kobolds did you have with you, and are they following us?"
"All of them," whispers Krix in response, "And all of them. Well, no. Some are with my Second-In-Command, back at that lab place."
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Sun May 21, 2017 12:32 am

Accepting the key, Broken respectfully bowed his head as he said "Thanks Mistral. Don't worry, I'll have a word with the Zookeepers... even if it's likely to devolve into a shouting match. They can be so picky about who comes in after all..." Shaking his head, he took a deep breath as if to steel himself for more bullshit before looking towards where he remembered the staircase to be. "Past the stairs and next to the lounge area. Righto, come on you lot, lets get this over with. "

Gesturing for the group to start heading in the right direction, Broken turned back to Mistral... and much like most of those whom had seen him day, ensured that he was going to have difficulty recalling exactly who he was for an extended period of time. "Thank you for your time. Try not to work yourself too hard."
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Faege Sun May 21, 2017 4:25 am

"Onwards then! I've fought many a dragon, but I'll admit eggs have not been at the forefront of my attention." Brightheart admits, while trotting along in the indicated direction. Glancing at the armor and its little imp captive, Brightheart chimes in, "I imagine Her Majesty's presence may have something to do with that. One does not simply assault the home of the princess of sunlight, after all."

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Thu May 25, 2017 2:00 am

"Knight pony iz right, the princezz iz too much of a threat." The imp says, looking around at the wizard ponies around him. "And itz safer to just ambush the group who haz the gem already..."

The group makes their way down to the floor below, where the portal is. The floor below them comprises of a lounge which splits off into multiple corridors, and set into one of the walls a carved relief of a door, with a keyhole chiseled into stone. A sign on top reads "The Zoo - Do Not Enter Without Permission".

As soon as they step off the stairs, they notice that there is are three dragons - not too large, maybe teenaged or a little older - arguing with each other.

"So where are we going?" A big, burly red dragon asks, turning to a slender pale blue dragon behind her.

The blue dragon smiles smugly, running a hand over his spines like one might run a hand through their own hair. "I've heard they have dragon eggs here. We're gonna steal them."

"Eh? Why? Aren't we gonna go for the gem?" "Have you seen our competition? I value my life, thanks. I'll just grab what I can and go."

"Aren't we in danger by coming into Canterlot already, though?" A spindly, shorter green dragon asks, which prompts the blue dragon to glare at him. "No one asked for your opinion, Bones."

Recon slips away, but to her dismay it appears that the route to the archmage falls in line with the direction the group is going in. She stealths along carefully, keeping a fair distance from the group, but knocks over a jar of something or another accidentally, causing the group, and the dragons, to turn in her direction.

"Oi! You - don't move." "Well, what are you waiting for? Off the miserable thing and lets go!"

"There's another group there as well..." "Shut up, Bones. You, other people - what do you want? Are you part of Discord's game too?"
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma Thu May 25, 2017 1:11 pm

CRASH!

Crap!

"Oi! You - don't move." "Well, what are you waiting for? Off the miserable thing and lets go!"

"There's another group there as well..." "Shut up, Bones. You, other people - what do you want? Are you part of Discord's game too?"

And all the guards are chasing demons and arresting changelings. Joy.

Thinking quickly, Recon takes advantage of her archivist disguise.

"D-dragon eggs aren't k-kept in the palace," she stammers, making sure to tremble to sell the effect. "We just s-spread that rumor so nopony would f-find them."

As she speaks, she makes a subtle alteration to her disguise's Cutie Mark. The party villains standing at her broadside will see it shimmer and change to the "RECON" lettering on her endoskeleton's chest, and then flicker back to what it was before.

Actions:
jaguargamma
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu May 25, 2017 3:30 pm

"Dragons!"

Krix is having a surprisingly good day. He has seen so many dragons, and this time he doesn't even have to engage in a debat on whether treasure dragons count as dragons or not, even if saying they pale in size to Matriarch is an understandment. This didn't stop him and the other kobolds from getting excited again...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun May 28, 2017 9:54 pm

"Aha, I knew it was more dragons." Gallows whispers, beaming proudly. "Uh, you big guys can handle them, right?" Hallows asks, shortly before the changeling-robot-spy-thing-or-whatever arrives. Upon hearing the Change-o-matic's lie about the eggs, they both perk up, sensing an opportunity. They both skulk out into view of the dragons, frowning. "Ugh, what do you mean no eggs?" "I told you I thought I smelled them in that other room." "Those were chicken eggs!" "Maybe!" "Yeah, but I think I know where they are! They have to be in that one lab we passed!" "Oh yeah... well lets go get them." They both look at the dragons. "Hope you don't need them because we're gonna get them first!" They spring into action, turning and sprinting off down the hall, hoping to get the dragons to follow...

Recon is in view of the twins and so gets a +1 for Grandeur, plus:
Running with the Pack (The Stare) (3) – Magic Interrupt
Trigger – You or an ally you can see makes a Persuasion check.
Effect – After seeing the result of the roll, you can choose to add a +20 bonus to the check.

So that's a 47 total to get them to leave.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Mon May 29, 2017 3:53 am

The red dragon looks between Recon and the twins for a moment, before growling and running off to chase the twins. "GET BACK HERE!"

The blue dragon sighs, "Idiot..." before chasing after the red dragon.

The green dragon - Bones - stays where he is, looking dejected. "They're both gonna die and I'm not even going to be there to say I told you so..."
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Mon May 29, 2017 4:14 am

"So... How come you're not running after your friends?" Broken asked, slightly curious about this new development. He wasn't going to complain about one of the rival teams getting lost somewhere in the Castle.
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:27 pm

Between the jackals' diversion and that nameless colt Recon can never remember, it seems these dragons are good and distracted enough for Recon to duck out of sight and continue her search for the archmage.

Actions:
jaguargamma
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:27 pm

"Friends?" Bones laughs emptily. "You must not know much about dragons. There are no friends, only rivals and temporary allies..."

His head falls, muttering, "At least that's what I'm saying to cope with the likely terrible and painful deaths of my childhood companions..."

Recon ducks into an empty hallway - she follows the decorations, figuring the most opulently decorated office would be the archmage's office. But going around and around, it feels as though the hallways go on forever and ever, and eventually Recon stops - she's lost, plain and simple.

She tries sticking to one direction, but there's only hallway and rooms as far as the eye can see. Turning around, it's like the hallway stretches on infinitely again. Turning a corner, she arrives at an intersection. She picks a random direction and keeps going - only to arrive at the same intersection.

There are no defining features, and the doors are locked. The doors appear on the walls at equal intervals, one every thirty feet or so. Magical lamps illuminate the halls.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:50 am

"Grand," Recon grumbles to herself. "Just flipping grand."

She finds nearby pillar to smack her head against, hoping a little percussive maintenance would trigger some kind of navigation system.

[FATAL ERROR: NAVIGATION SYSTEM HAS STOPPED RESPONDING]

It did not.

[FATAL ERROR: DEFAULT LANGUAGE ENGINE NOT FOUND. DEFAULT CHANGED TO GERMANE LANGUAGE ENGINE.]

"Ich hasse dich auch, Körper."

Translation:

Actions:
jaguargamma
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:12 am

The twins manage to lose the dragon in the hallways after a bit of a chase, and they loop back out another corridor back to the main group.

Meanwhile, the two dragons run and run until they come across Recon.

"You! What is the deal with this place?!" The big red dragoness grabs her, shaking her violently. "Why do we keep going in circles?!"

"Calm down, Scorch. Obviously she's stuck here with us." The blue dragon says cooly, prising the red dragoness - Scorch - off of Recon. He extends a polite claw to Recon. "I apologize for my companion. She has problems with her manners... and most other things."

"What's that supposed to mean?!"

"It means exactly what it means." The blue dragon says dismissively, before turning back to Recon. "I am Chill. What's yours, pony?"
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Faege Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:16 am

"I'm sorry for your loss," Brightheart offers, going up and giving Bones a pat on the back. "I myself have lost many companions in my time, so I can quite understand your distress."

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:28 pm

The twins wander back into the room to see the other dragon. "Well that almost worked." "Hey no fair, you were supposed to chase us too!"
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:19 pm

And because Recon hasn't had it rough enough, now she had dragons shaking her and trying to talk to her, their words turning to incomprehensible gibberish through her body's broken language filter.

Recon flashes both dragons with a spell, and then retracts her horn, deploys her wings, and zips down corridor away from the dragons at top speed as a pegasus.

Actions:
jaguargamma
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:18 am

"And now I'm sympathizing with a pony," Bones moans, though he accepts Brightheart's comforting pats. "How the mighty have fallen..."

Recon zooms off... and her sensors detect something very strange, as she flies straight back into the intersection with the dragons in it.

This isn't just a navigational issue. She hadn't traveled far enough to loop back. Her sensors report a ripple of magical influence whenever she tries to leave the intersection.

The dragon named Scorch makes a grab for Recon, and Chill rolls his eyes and exhales a stream of freezing cold that freezes Scorch's feet to the ground, causing her to fall flat on her face. "As I was saying... I think we're all stuck in here. So we should play nice. Scorch?"

Scorch grumbles something incoherently. Chill nods and looks expectantly at Recon.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:55 pm

Recon braces, ready to dart off in another direction as she processes what's going on. The one dragon's still trying to grab her, but the other is keeping her restrained and not making any aggressive gestures toward Recon.

After a beat, she sets down and folds her wings. Might as well see where this goes.

"Mein Sprachprozessor ist kaputt. Ich kann Deutsch nur sprechen und verstehen, bis es repariert wird."

Translation:
jaguargamma
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Espresso Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:23 pm

"Should... go now. Ponies... might come." Iota says stiffly to the group. It takes a glance at the imp on its shoulder - it doesn't really mind it being there, all things considered. "While other dragons are distracted."
Espresso
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:34 am

Broken politely coughed into his hoof as he started to edge around the saddened dragon. "Well... If you'll excuse us we have things we need to do. I'm sure you can wait here for your acquiescence... or go after them. Up to you really."

It was time to slip through the portal before any other obstructions got in the way.
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:52 am

A blue spark dances out from the key as it is inserted into the keyhole, exploding into a myriad sea of blue stars that arrange themselves into a glowing blue door.

Passing through, the group finds themselves in an enclosed room, no windows, with what looks like a shower set into the ceiling that encompasses the whole room. A sign in the corner says, "Please activate the body wash before entering the Royal Metazoological Preserve."

A lever is set into a pedestal in the middle of the room.

Chill frowns, scratching his chin at Recon's predicament. "A foreigner. Well..." He looks up suddenly, as does Scorch, when they hear hoofsteps approaching the group.

From around the infernal corner which no pony can pass, the wide brim of a tall pointed hat appears. It is worn by a wizened greying unicorn stallion with a faded violet coat and salt-and-pepper mane, who looks upon the three curiously.

Scorch snarls, and immediately lunches forward, smashing through the ice prison Chill placed her in. The unicorn's eyes roll, and with a flash, Scorch has suddenly turned into a very angry cream-colored bunny.

"Dragons. Fantastic." He sighs. "This is why I say we need more golems."

Chill's eyes are wide as he scoops up Scorch-bunny, holding her close to his chest and backing away from the Archmage of Canterlot.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Espresso Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:57 am

"A portal?" Iota tenses, preparing itself for any circumstance going through the portal, but when it's obvious there's no immediate danger the suit of armor relaxes and looks around. "What now? Dragon eggs... where?"

It turns to glance at the imp. "Stay close for now... might be dangerous."
Espresso
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:42 am

"Du solltest in mehr Golems investieren," Recon comments. "Sprichst du Deutsch?"

Translation:
jaguargamma
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:00 am

Having opened up the portal for himself and the others, Broken hobbled his way through it while ignoring the sensation of his skin prickling; While it wasn't unpleasant, traveling through a portal always felt kind of weird none the less.

Waiting until the rest of the group had made the crossing, he calmly reached out and pulled the stupid lever in order to get the whole 'body wash' process over and done with. Didn't wish to raise suspisions by doing something that was out of the ordinary after all.
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:35 pm

The Twins make it through the portal intact, though slightly lightheaded. "Uh, what kind of body wash is that?" Hallows asks, a mere moment before Broken pulls the lever.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next