Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Token Evil IC

+5
AleneShazam
Espresso
A1C Bronymous
Crystalite
DutchTilt
9 posters

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

Token Evil IC - Page 17 Empty Re: Token Evil IC

Post  Faege Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:42 am

"Well, there has to be some way to get to the dragon." Brightheart says, peering at the mountain. "I doubt a dragon would be willing to live in captivity if not given generous tribute and compensation. They'll need to get supplies in somehow. Come, my friends - do you spot anything of use?"

Perception:

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Espresso Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:16 am

"..."

Seeing their condition, Iota reaches out and lifts up the twins and Broken as well, away from the baking hot stones under foot and allowing them to rest. "...Use vantage point to look."

Athletics:
Perception:
Espresso
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:01 am

"Hey, hey! This is not a taxi!" Krix cries out to the new passengers, leaning towards Iota's head, seemingly oblivious to his hypocrisy...

(Perception Check: 11 (Roll) + 11 (Skill) + 1 (Grandeur) = 23)
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:02 pm

Stoic as ever, Iota easily lifts up the remainder of the party members, keeping the jackals and Broken under each arm, while keeping the imp and Krix on its shoulders.

Together, Iota Brightheart and Krix spot what looks to be a winding path going past a few volcanic geysers. The end of the path is out of sight, but it looks like it'll at least take them closer to the base of the central volcano where it'll be easier to navigate to the peak.

Celestia stands up and follows after Imata, continuing to make pleasant conversation. "And if I weren't in place, how many more atrocities would you have committed? How many more crimes against Equestria? I may be an evil existence, but perhaps I am a necessary one."

Imata strolls down the winding corridors of her once-home, enjoying the fleeting nostalgia it brings her. Eventually she arrives at an observation deck, one that normally would afford her full view of all the necessary functions of the hive. Instead, it appears to now feature a hazy image of what's happening around her, filtering in information from her passive sensory arrays.

The Archmage is sipping on a coffee as he peers at Recon's opened up body, occasionally picking at it with a tool and switching parts around. You notice him loosen a magical battery which is charred and burnt, and replace it with a fresh one. The image also seems to be fast-forwarded, like it's being played at double speed.

"Time passes faster in a mental landscape," Celestia comments idly from behind Imata. "Already, about an hour has elapsed. You should be free from my company soon. Isn't that grand?"
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:22 pm

AleneShazam wrote:Celestia stands up and follows after Imata, continuing to make pleasant conversation. "And if I weren't in place, how many more atrocities would you have committed? How many more crimes against Equestria? I may be an evil existence, but perhaps I am a necessary one."

"Well, the answer to both questions is 'none', so it's debatable. You must've been too busy setting this place on fire to notice it, but the tin shell we're in is a government black project. I learned very quickly after my escape that certain critical parts of me can only be manufactured in Canterlot, by Canterlot mages and engineers, with Celestia's blessing. That means I still have to play nice with her if I want to stay in working order, so no atrocities, no crimes against Equestria."

Imaga sits upon reaching the observation deck, and calmly watches the little Archmage work.

AleneShazam wrote:"Time passes faster in a mental landscape," Celestia comments idly from behind Imata. "Already, about an hour has elapsed. You should be free from my company soon. Isn't that grand?"

"Dandy. Though knowing my luck, I doubt that means I won't hear more of your pestering. Although..."

Imaga trails off for a moment to think.

"...as annoying as you are, you have been helpful in letting me know how 'good' is supposed to act, and I do need to keep up appearances as a good guy to ensure my own survival. I suppose I could use your guidance for that much."

Last edited by jaguargamma on Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:48 pm; edited 6 times in total
jaguargamma
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:35 am

Broken grumbled at being picked up and carried, but despite the sullen look on his face at his own failures he wasn't being loud enough to actually be heard by anyone; He might have been proud, but sometimes you just had to shut up and do things you didn't want to do. Instead he merely focused on keeping an eye out.

Dice Rolls:
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:04 pm

"Let's go, let's go!" Krix fixates his eyes towards the spotted path. "The castle is still under siege from other villains, we need to hurry!"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Faege Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:27 am

"Yes, onwards to glory!" Brightheart exclaims, pulling his Sunlight blade out eagerly and trotting onward into the hazy heat.

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:20 pm

"Lets just get there quick." The twins groan, being carried by the armor suit not terribly more comfortable than the hot ground. "Do you think this volcano has a water fountain?"
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Espresso Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:15 am

"...Only one way... to tell..." Iota grunts, steadfast in step as it follows behind Brightheart to their destination.
Espresso
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:37 am

Despite being able to see what is happening, Imata isn't quite able to identify what the Archmage is doing. Whatever reparations are going on, they're quite beyond her understanding, and she can't tell how much longer it will be.

Celestia watches this idly, and after a while she asks, "So, how do you plan to rejoin your little gang of criminals? I imagine you'll want to continue keeping watch over them."

The party makes it past the steaming geysers and volcanic flows, stalking across the blistering volcanic sands. Brightheart and Iota are resilient against the oppressive heat, but to the other members, the temperature is sweltering. Efreets hover around the party, snapping at them curiously, trailing flames as they glide lazing in the hot updrafts.

The group eventually stops at the base of the central volcano, in front of a lava-fall cascading down into a pool of magma. A particularly large efreet is dipping itself into the lava pool like a bird bath. As the party approaches, it stops and turns to stare at them, burning eyes focused keenly on the group.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:43 pm

"I will have to, yes. The problem is that I will also have to navigate the highest-security areas of the Magus Wing to get to them, and I have limited experience with their security methods. I will need more information on them before I can plan anything."

Actions:
jaguargamma
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Espresso Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:37 am

"...Fire bat." Iota notes, stopping short of the lava pool. It looks at Brightheart, then in turn at each of its passengers. "...Attack? Or... negotiate? This unit... does not specialize in diplomacy."

If negotiations are called for, Iota will let Brightheart take the floor. The armor is not the most eloquent person. If diplomacy breaks down, though, Iota will be the first to drive its sword into the beast's chest.
Espresso
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Faege Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:09 pm

"Well, unless any of you good fellows are fluent in Fire-Bat..."

Brightheart steps forward, clearing his throat. "Hark, good creature! We simply seek passage to the dragon of this fiery mount - we wish no harm upon you. If you hold the key to this drake, please, tell us so we may go ahead."

Persuasion:

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:45 pm

Broken groaned a little as he gazed at the firebat with squinted eyes, the heat and the brightness of the area making it difficult for him to keep eyes better suited for seeing in the dark and cool places of the world. Seeing a giant version of the bats of flame didn't exactly improve his mood in the slightest as he decided to keep his mouth shut and let the knight do the talking; He was saving the ability to talk to creatures for when they really needed it to talk to the dragon.
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:44 pm

Recon isn't too certain of the security measures - there's the Archmage's maze trap, and potential guards, but she's not sure of the specifics. She does spot a hazy sheet of paper with 'Security Protocols' printed tacked up on the wall of the Archmage's office, but she can't spot the details from there. There also appears to be a floor plan of the Magus wing tacked up, but again, it's too blurry to be legible through her passive sensors.

"Could you not explain to the Archmage that you are on a secret mission and that you require entry to the Zoo? That would bypass all the trouble with security, and if the Zoo is behind lock and key you would still have access."

The flaming bat stares at the party for a moment before languidly opening its mouth wide, baring its two fangs and a maw dripping with lava-like spit. Its jaws open wide enough to fit a whole pony in, and it's honestly rather intimidating for a giant flaming bat to do it at the group.

You get the sense that it's waiting for something.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:29 pm

"That plan hasn't failed me yet, today."

Imaga exhales a sigh.

"Of course, I'll have to wait until he finishes repairs before I can explain anything to him. And I have you here instead of that one smartass drone that was always making wisecracks about pony clop."

Another sigh, and Imaga's demeanor softens a bit.

"Damn, I miss my swarm."
jaguargamma
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:06 am

The Twins stare at the bat. "Is it hungry or something? Were we supposed to bring food?" "Can we not just keep moving? Why are we waiting for the bat?"
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Espresso Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:07 am

Iota nods slowly. "Am reminded... of hungry birdlings. Perhaps food."

Iota glances around. "Otherwise... no path left to walk. Could try scaling volcano, but danger... substantial."
Espresso
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Faege Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:23 pm

"You say this, good armor, but what do we feed to it?"

Brightheart glances at his companions. "Surely not one of our own?"

Firebat diet:

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:31 pm

"I don't see anybody else around..."

(Streetwise on knowing about Firebat: 7 (Roll) + 11 (Skill) + 1 (Grandeur) = 19)

(I think the twins should figure out an assist check to help either me or Brightheart...)
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:46 pm

The twins help as best they can, searching for ideas possible food...

Arcana Assist:18+6=24 for +3 bonus
Streetwise Assist: 15+9=24 for +3 bonus
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:48 pm

Broken sighed a little as he rolled his eyes. "If we're going to have to sacrifice something, I feel like the hidden horde of Kobolds that seem to be following us around seem like a good starting point. "
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:26 am

Krix leers at Broken. "Shut up, they'll hear you and it'll be a pain to get them to do it!"
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:42 pm

"If your expectations are fulfilled, you'll be able to see your swarm again very soon, I presume."

Brand-Celestia smiles, before looking up. "Oh dear, it seems reparations are almost complete. I shall take my leave here, then. Until next time, my dear."

With that the entire mental landscape seems to crack and crumble, chunks of it falling away until the part Recon was standing on falls away as well, sending her into a plummet. After falling for an indeterminate amount of time, she awakens, this time back in her robotic body.

The archmage peers at her curiously. "How do you feel? I've patched up all the outdated parts, but the core system is too delicate for me to improve on too much. At least your circuits aren't burnt out anymore, and you should be able to speak Equestrian again."

Between what Krix has heard in passing, and Brightheart's knowledge in all manner of magical beasts from his service, the group comes to the conclusion that while anything flammable can sustain a fire elemental such as an efreet, the partially living component of it still prefers meat, especially raw flesh, as its internal heat cooks the meat as it is digested. Something bite-sized (for the efreet) would suffice - such as a leg or something.

The efreet seems to stamp its feet impatiently, its wings flaring out in agitation. Its patience is wearing thin, though for now it keeps its mouth open.

"Seems hangry," the imp observes.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next