Token Evil IC

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Token Evil IC

Post  Faege on Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:42 am

"Well, there has to be some way to get to the dragon." Brightheart says, peering at the mountain. "I doubt a dragon would be willing to live in captivity if not given generous tribute and compensation. They'll need to get supplies in somehow. Come, my friends - do you spot anything of use?"

Perception:
11+10+1=22

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Espresso on Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:16 am

"..."

Seeing their condition, Iota reaches out and lifts up the twins and Broken as well, away from the baking hot stones under foot and allowing them to rest. "...Use vantage point to look."

Athletics:
LIFT!
19+13+1=33
Perception:
12+10+1=23
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow on Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:01 am

"Hey, hey! This is not a taxi!" Krix cries out to the new passengers, leaning towards Iota's head, seemingly oblivious to his hypocrisy...

(Perception Check: 11 (Roll) + 11 (Skill) + 1 (Grandeur) = 23)

Based Emotion Chart:
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam on Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:02 pm

Stoic as ever, Iota easily lifts up the remainder of the party members, keeping the jackals and Broken under each arm, while keeping the imp and Krix on its shoulders.

Together, Iota Brightheart and Krix spot what looks to be a winding path going past a few volcanic geysers. The end of the path is out of sight, but it looks like it'll at least take them closer to the base of the central volcano where it'll be easier to navigate to the peak.

Celestia stands up and follows after Imata, continuing to make pleasant conversation. "And if I weren't in place, how many more atrocities would you have committed? How many more crimes against Equestria? I may be an evil existence, but perhaps I am a necessary one."

Imata strolls down the winding corridors of her once-home, enjoying the fleeting nostalgia it brings her. Eventually she arrives at an observation deck, one that normally would afford her full view of all the necessary functions of the hive. Instead, it appears to now feature a hazy image of what's happening around her, filtering in information from her passive sensory arrays.

The Archmage is sipping on a coffee as he peers at Recon's opened up body, occasionally picking at it with a tool and switching parts around. You notice him loosen a magical battery which is charred and burnt, and replace it with a fresh one. The image also seems to be fast-forwarded, like it's being played at double speed.

"Time passes faster in a mental landscape," Celestia comments idly from behind Imata. "Already, about an hour has elapsed. You should be free from my company soon. Isn't that grand?"
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma on Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:22 pm

AleneShazam wrote:Celestia stands up and follows after Imata, continuing to make pleasant conversation. "And if I weren't in place, how many more atrocities would you have committed? How many more crimes against Equestria? I may be an evil existence, but perhaps I am a necessary one."

"Well, the answer to both questions is 'none', so it's debatable. You must've been too busy setting this place on fire to notice it, but the tin shell we're in is a government black project. I learned very quickly after my escape that certain critical parts of me can only be manufactured in Canterlot, by Canterlot mages and engineers, with Celestia's blessing. That means I still have to play nice with her if I want to stay in working order, so no atrocities, no crimes against Equestria."

Imata sits upon reaching the observation deck, and calmly watches the little Archmage work.

AleneShazam wrote:"Time passes faster in a mental landscape," Celestia comments idly from behind Imata. "Already, about an hour has elapsed. You should be free from my company soon. Isn't that grand?"

"Dandy. Though knowing my luck, I doubt that means I won't hear more of your pestering. Although..."

Imata trails off for a moment to think.

"...as annoying as you are, you have been helpful in letting me know how 'good' is supposed to act, and I do need to keep up appearances as a good guy to ensure my own survival. I suppose I could use your guidance for that much."

Last edited by jaguargamma on Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:41 pm; edited 5 times in total
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken on Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:35 am

Broken grumbled at being picked up and carried, but despite the sullen look on his face at his own failures he wasn't being loud enough to actually be heard by anyone; He might have been proud, but sometimes you just had to shut up and do things you didn't want to do. Instead he merely focused on keeping an eye out.

Dice Rolls:
Perception: 4+11=15
Senshuken
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow on Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:04 pm

"Let's go, let's go!" Krix fixates his eyes towards the spotted path. "The castle is still under siege from other villains, we need to hurry!"

Based Emotion Chart:
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Faege on Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:27 am

"Yes, onwards to glory!" Brightheart exclaims, pulling his Sunlight blade out eagerly and trotting onward into the hazy heat.

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous on Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:20 pm

"Lets just get there quick." The twins groan, being carried by the armor suit not terribly more comfortable than the hot ground. "Do you think this volcano has a water fountain?"
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Espresso on Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:15 am

"...Only one way... to tell..." Iota grunts, steadfast in step as it follows behind Brightheart to their destination.
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam on Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:37 am

Despite being able to see what is happening, Imata isn't quite able to identify what the Archmage is doing. Whatever reparations are going on, they're quite beyond her understanding, and she can't tell how much longer it will be.

Celestia watches this idly, and after a while she asks, "So, how do you plan to rejoin your little gang of criminals? I imagine you'll want to continue keeping watch over them."

The party makes it past the steaming geysers and volcanic flows, stalking across the blistering volcanic sands. Brightheart and Iota are resilient against the oppressive heat, but to the other members, the temperature is sweltering. Efreets hover around the party, snapping at them curiously, trailing flames as they glide lazing in the hot updrafts.

The group eventually stops at the base of the central volcano, in front of a lava-fall cascading down into a pool of magma. A particularly large efreet is dipping itself into the lava pool like a bird bath. As the party approaches, it stops and turns to stare at them, burning eyes focused keenly on the group.
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma on Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:43 pm

"I will have to, yes. The problem is that I will also have to navigate the highest-security areas of the Magus Wing to get to them, and I have limited experience with their security methods. I will need more information on them before I can plan anything."

Actions:
Streetwise Check
How well do I know the security between me and the party?
Roll: 7+7=14

Perception Check
Can I spot anything in the Archmage's office that could help improve that knowledge?
Roll: 13+10=23
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

View previous topic View next topic Back to top