Token Evil IC

Page 4 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Token Evil IC

Post  A1C Bronymous on Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:16 pm

The twins unabashedly wolf down the bacon and jerky, not giving a thought to which supposed vegetarian would eat this kind of stuff. They munch on it happily as they continue to explore the kitchen, finding their way to the noise pipe. "I think we can use this." Hallows suggests. "'Aah we cn frff n oll n'it!" Gallows adds helpfully through a mouthful of spiced meat.
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5663
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Columbus, MS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Token Evil IC

Post  jaguargamma on Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:08 am

While the others busy themselves taking inventory of their available diversions, Recon excuses herself to the nearest mares' room. They won't have long to do what they came to do and leave, meaning she'd need to get on with scouting the location of their objective.

Like Brightheart, Recon had her own history with the Royal Guard to exploit...at least, one of her old disguises did. Once making sure she is alone, Recon uses the bathroom mirror to recreate the last disguise she used when she was still Queen Imata. A young Earth Pony mare, her visage weathered and scarred by signs of torture.

Little Walker, formerly a recruit in the Royal Guard's anti-changeling division, had vanished without a trace months before the Recon Project's catastrophic failure. Her current appearance should tell what happened to her after that.

Recon takes a moment to get the thousand-yard stare right, then leaves the restroom and wanders the corridor.

When she finds Royal Guard ponies at their posts, she pauses, gives each a quick once-over, and asks, "Which shift does the Mockingbird take?"
avatar
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 333
Join date : 2016-02-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Token Evil IC

Post  Faege on Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:17 am

Poking his head back into the kitchen, Brightheart gives those inside the kitchen a quick wave. "You have twenty minutes!"

He then looks to Iota, and says, "If you wish to join the others, you may - I only required your assistance for the intimidation factor. I'll keep watch and make sure the guards stay out of this."

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 222
Join date : 2015-06-29
Location : Going down in China Town

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Token Evil IC

Post  AleneShazam on Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:25 pm

The royal guard ponies that Little Walker approaches look at her with no small amount of suspicion, even raising their spears at her.

"Pale morning." One of them enunciates clearly, though still looking guarded. "You stay right there. That passphrase is months old - who are you, and where did you come from?"




In the kitchen, the Professor and Zippers quickly go around causing their respective brands of havoc. The professor sets to work rigging the magical piping and power supplies all around the kitchen, setting it to cause a build-up over time and spark a big circuit failure. It won't last long, but it'll at least bring down the lights and power supply to the surrounding block of rooms, which should cause a pretty big stir. Zippers, meanwhile, spikes the food, drinks, and even water supply, with all sorts of nasty chemicals which range from laxatives to sleeping agents. In any case, once the food gets passed around for the next meal (which should be breakfast for all the morning shift staff members), there will be significant mayhem.

(For anyone else who wants to do anything, such as go anywhere in the castle or prep other stuff in the kitchen, now is the chance. Otherwise you can leave the kitchen and wait for the distractions to start, and the grand heist begins)
avatar
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1045
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Token Evil IC

Post  jaguargamma on Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:27 pm

Recon looks over the guards, then relaxes.

"Little Walker, Changeling Detection Unit...if they're still around. Figured you'd have updated the passphrase by now, but my clearance expired while I was in captivity."
avatar
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 333
Join date : 2016-02-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Token Evil IC

Post  AleneShazam on Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:52 pm

The guards seem to accept that, nodding slowly and lowering their spears.

"Dates check out. I don't know how you managed to escape from the changelings, but... that must've been difficult."

They exchange a look among each other, before their horns light up. With green light.

"You won't manage that again."

Recon has a split second's realization before she's hit by a wave of magic. Even with her mechanical body, she feels her mind grow drowsy, and before long she's out like a light.

After what seems like an eternity of hazy jostling and bumping around, Recon comes to, out of her disguise, finding herself stuck down by familiar changeling spit-adhesive. Next to her is a odd (note: evil) looking unicorn stallion, similarly coming back to consciousness. Three changelings in royal guard armor stand guard before them, watching them attentively.




Broken Dreams is not having a good day. Discord had sorted him into a group of all changelings, and the first thing they did was overwhelm him and knock him out. He's been knocked out cold for god knows how long, and as he's finally coming to, he finds himself faced with three changelings in royal guard armor standing before him, and what looks like a mechanical changeling next to him, bound up just like him.




"You've woken up." The hissing voice of one of the changelings speaks up. A he, by the sounds of him. "Good. Don't try anything, or you'll find that we can kill you a whole lot faster than you can kill all of us."

As they say, where there's one changeling, there's more. Neither Broken Dreams nor Recon has any doubt that there are more changelings than the three before them.
avatar
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1045
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Token Evil IC

Post  jaguargamma on Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:43 pm

"Spare me your threats," Recon hisses back in her own changeling voice. An illusory carapace forms over Recon's endoskeleton as it resizes, bringing forth the visage of her former life. "I was already killed once by Celestia and her minions and trapped in this broken construct. You'd only do me the favor of freeing me from it."
avatar
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 333
Join date : 2016-02-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Token Evil IC

Post  Senshuken on Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:49 pm

There was something to be said about getting ambushed by a bunch of changelings that for reasons beyond your control were meant to be your allies... It sucked.

Blinking his eyes open with a deep groan, Broken gave a token amount of movement in order to test the bonds that he now found himself in; He knew for a fact that he would have been unable to free himself via physical force and attempting to use magic to free himself would merely result in a buck to the head before he could get the spell off. Even if he wasn't currently encased in what appeared to be some kind of green goo, he would still need to find a substitute for his cane in order to walk around properly anyway. Since escape wasn't something he could immediately do, Broken took a moment to check out his surroundings and those currently present.

The robotic changeling that seemed to be in a similar situation as himself was a point of interest and even looked vaguely familiar, but alas the situation demanded that the changelings in royal guard armor were a bit more important to the immediate future. When it started to talk, it gave him enough of an opening to cast a minor translation spell that didn't require his horn to glow; Wasn't the greatest translation spell out there and it didn't last long, but it was hard to spot the casting of and they didn't know he could understand their native tongue it might provide him with important information.

Taking a moment to see if any of the changelings he could see were actual leadership material or if they were merely grunts, Broken considered his options; He was going to have to try talking his way out of this situation, which meant convincing the changelings that he was more useful as an ally then as a prisoner... Time to test the waters and see what he was dealing with. "Let me guess... the plan currently is that you and your friends disguise yourselves as guards, approach the vault and subdue any resistance there before opening the vault to claim the prize while doing everything in your power to keep an alarm from going off and bringing down an anger alicorn princess down on your heads... Am I missing anything or is there more to the plan?" He asked innocently; Selfish, power hungry creatures loved to draw things out and enjoyed having power over others, so it was time to see if these changelings wanted to flaunt their intelligence and upcoming victory.


Besides, if things went really well it might distract the guards enough to give either himself or the metal changeling an opening to escape.

Dice Rolls and abilities:

Many Tongues (3) – 3/Day
Preparation Time: 5 seconds
For the next ten minutes, you or an ally you can see gains the ability to speak and understand all languages (this includes reading and writing those languages, if they have a written form). Creatures that can hear the target understand what he or she says as if he or she were speaking their native language. If the target can hear another creature that is speaking a language, he or she understands what that creature says as if it were speaking the target’s native language.

Perception (Spy leadership, look around the room): 6+11=17
Persuasion (Encourage Monologuing):13+19=32
avatar
Senshuken
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 456
Join date : 2013-08-08
Age : 26
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Token Evil IC

Post  AleneShazam on Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:43 pm

"Queens, always so arrogant," The changeling hisses disdainfully, before turning to look at bound unicorn. His voice warps to a more pony-like tone, as he continues, "You say that like we don't already own this place."

Looking around, Broken Dreams can tell (and Recon too due to her experience) that the area is quite well lived-in. Evidence of past cocoons hang on the walls, and globs of congealed spit cling to the ceiling. The changelings have likely lived here for a while now. There are also a variety of guard equipment strewn around, of varying quality. The room is lit up by a single, dim lightbulb in the ceiling.

"There'll be no alarm, no resistance. We've already won, unless Celestia herself comes down to wrench the prize from our hooves, and even then... heh, we have plans even for that." The changeling laughs, staring at Broken Dreams with glittering compound eyes. "You're trying to be smart, pony, but you knowing our plan makes little difference. We can waltz right in and out without even breaking a sweat."




In the kitchen, the time comes for the distractions to be set off, and sure enough, maids and chefs and such start taking the food and preparing morning dishes, while the circuit break slowly builds up as the utilities are being used. Another thirty minutes pass, and suddenly there's a loud *CRACK* as the lights in the area and many throughout the castle go out, alongside all of the powered appliances in the servant's block.

That's *before* the wailing about ponies passing out start. With the castle in chaos, there's no better chance for the infiltration to begin, even though the changeling isn't back yet.

(Streetwise/History prompt for location of vault)




(Back to team changeling)

Suddenly the dim lightbulb set into the ceiling flickers and goes off, replacing the lighting in the room with an eerie bio-luminescence from the goo.

"Alpha 5, go and check what's going on." The changeling says sharply, seemingly unfazed by the sudden shift in light. One of the changelings salutes, and leaves the room.

"One of the other teams, presumably. A valiant effort, but it'll only make our job that much easier. Our drones are already posed to sweep the jewels away this very moment, after all..."
avatar
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1045
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Token Evil IC

Post  Paper Shadow on Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:09 pm

"This is our chance!" announces the kobold to the group, "Let's go, let's go!"

(Streetwise Check: 7 (Roll) + 11 (Skill) + 1 (Twins) = 19)

_________________
Ellipses are kinda my thing...

Based Emotion Chart:
avatar
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Posts : 3666
Join date : 2012-11-23
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Token Evil IC

Post  A1C Bronymous on Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:24 pm

The twins, having finished eating all they care to and stayed out of sight for the time being, dash for the voice pipe. "One last thing!" Gallows calls out, and the two of them face the vent, and begin growling, yipping, screeching and howling into, creating a rather well orchestrated and terrifying cacophony- a horrible din to add to the distracting chaos, as well as warn any and all others in the castle that something wicked has been let loose...


They go on for a few moments, and then go silent, letting it take its effect while they follow the kobold out.
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5663
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Columbus, MS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Token Evil IC

Post  jaguargamma on Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:57 pm

The robotized changeling queen raises an eyebrow.

"Plans, you say?" she hisses. "Celestia's power is legendary, enough to surpass that of even an entire legion of drones. You must be at a significant advantage over her to be so confident."
avatar
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 333
Join date : 2016-02-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Token Evil IC

Post  Senshuken on Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:06 am

As Broken listened to the exchange between the metal changeling and the flesh and blood ones that were currently holding the latter captive, it was clear that there was some degree of hostility there; He wasn't really sure as to why but he could still list it away to make use of it later on.

The monologue bait worked as intended, even if the arrogant little bug hadn't given much in the way of actual details. As the lights when out, the loss of lightning didn't actually bother Broken in the slightest as he tilted his head a little... an idea coming to mind. Time for a new approach. "It seems that whomever is leading your little band has put a great deal of thought into this. I'm actually impressed and I confess I would have enjoyed working with them if they hadn't already set themselves up in advance like this. Do pass my compliments to your superiors will you?" This was not the first time he had been forced to appeal to the ego of those lesser then him in order to get what he wanted, but you had to appear to be on somepony's side in order to get into a good position to stab them in the back and a little flattery made it all the easier to bait the correct response when he asked with the utmost professional interest "So which one of Celestia's several weaknesses were you planning to exploit?"

Curiosity killed the cat... It was time to see if it worked on Changelings as well.

Dice Rolls:

Persuasion 1 (Bait out the identity of the leader of this band of Changelings via flattery and ego stroking): Nat 20+19=39
Persuasion 2 (Bait out exactly how the Changelings plan to deal with Celestia... while suggesting that he knew several ways to do so): 17+19=36 (
avatar
Senshuken
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 456
Join date : 2013-08-08
Age : 26
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Token Evil IC

Post  Espresso on Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:22 am

"Following."

Iota's armor plates grind together as it sets off after the group, keeping an eye out for trouble as it goes.

History: 13 (dice) + 8 (bonus) + 1 (twin) = 22
avatar
Espresso
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 331
Join date : 2015-11-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Token Evil IC

Post  AleneShazam on Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:56 am

"Power." The changeling laughs, a sound like dragging knives over stone. "That has always been the only thing you queens were good for."

Turning to the unicorn, the changeling smirks victoriously. "No... we do not have superiors, unicorn. The notion of leadership is antiquated, you see. An artifact of a time long past, when might meant right. Perhaps the queen is true in saying that we cannot overpower Celestia, but in truth, we do not need to."

The other changeling chimes in, speaking in perfect sync with the first one. "We are one mind, one will, one hive. Our minds number in the thousands. Celestia may wield the sun, but she is only one pony. We do not need to overpower her, only outsmart her, a mere trifling task for our compound intellect. This very moment, Celestia is on a wild-goose chase while our drones steals her treasure from right under her muzzle."

The first changeling stops his pacing, standing in front of Broken Dreams. "However, you have piqued our interest. You claim to have knowledge of Celestia's weaknesses. Who are you to have gained this knowledge? Answer well, and you might even be rewarded."

He speaks with mild curiosity, how someone would comment on a particularly interesting bit of trivia.
avatar
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1045
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Token Evil IC

Post  Faege on Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:43 am

Brightheart considers his options. He could do what his guard friends told him to do, and continue to keep watch, or he can avoid having to explain this mess and follow his villainous allies. One potentially gets him into trouble, and the other, potential immortality.

Hmm. A difficult decision to be sure.

Without a second thought, he bolts after the others, wanting to avoid the hordes of guards sure to come near the kitchen any time now.

History/Streetwise (both are the same): 1d20 (19) + 7 Skill = 26

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 222
Join date : 2015-06-29
Location : Going down in China Town

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Token Evil IC

Post  Senshuken on Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:52 am

While his facial expression did not change, inwardly Broken crossed off what he considered to be plans A and B. If the changelings in front of him had honestly decided to form some kind of collective without true leaders, it simply wasn't possible to lure out their leader to 'convince' to release him... or execute in order to forcefully take over this rag tag group for himself. Still, there were other events in motion that he had noticed and he didn't see any harm in adapting on the fly.

Offering the spokesling in front of him a playful little smirk, Broken simply answered "Oh, I'm no one important; Just someone who did their homework. It's amazing what you can find out if you look in the right places... As for Celestia's weaknesses..." Clicking his tongue against the roof of his mouth, he glanced up at the ceiling in thought... or at least made the appearance of doing so. Stalling for time was a useful skill after all. "Well, it depends on exactly what your end goal is, how much collateral damage you're willing to tolerate in the pursuit of your agenda and of course the possible consequences of the actions you would need to take in order to achieve your objectives. If your ultimate objective as the evidence suggests is to ultimately bring about a desired replacement for the current monarch of Equestria there are numerous routes I could advise you to take but I would need to know more about what your personal limitations are when it comes to the means you are willing to pursue for the strict purpose of meeting your end requirement."

Dice Rolls:

Persuasion (Confuse the hell out of the Changelings listening by speaking in a bureaucratic manner while keeping them invested enough to keep the conversation going): 10+19=29
avatar
Senshuken
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 456
Join date : 2013-08-08
Age : 26
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Token Evil IC

Post  AleneShazam on Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:07 pm

As the odd group of jackals, kobolds, animated armor, and paladin down the hallway, alarms are being sounded left and right. With a little navigation they manage to avoid the guards as they scramble to handle the distractions that the group set up. Their communications are chaotic due to the echoing screeches from the jackals lingering in the sound pipes. Staff have their hooves full trying to take care of all the ponies stricken by the spiked food, and the power grid is still unstable. All in all, it's pretty much pandemonium in the palace.

The Royal Vault is hidden away deep in the palace, inaccessible by most of the populace. It's still heavily guarded, but not ludicrously so like it normally is, as many of the guardsmen were called away to answer some kind of demon threat. The corridor leading up to the vault is incredibly spacious, wide enough for a procession of ten to walk comfortably side by side, and tall enough for fliers to do tricks in. The vault doors, on the other hand, are surprisingly understated, a plain set of wooden double doors barely larger than most normal doors in the palace. As the group huddles around one corner to peek at the doors, they spot six guardsmen in silver, not gold, armor standing at attention in front of the doors.




The changeling looks at Broken Dreams with mild amusement. "A thousand minds, unicorn. It'll take more than fast talk to deceive a swarm that has impersonated the greatest minds of this century. Whether you answer my question or not is inconsequential anyhow, success is nearly within our grasp anyway..."

Out of the darkness, however, a pair of glowing green eyes light up, and a beam of magical energy shoots out, missing the other changeling by a hair's breadth and punching a hole in the wall. That's when the changelings notice Recon's empty cocoon, and they look around wildly, taking on a defensive stance.

There's a muffled curse, and Recon's form ripples and vanishes back into the shadows, leaving Broken Dreams with two hostile changelings.

"Hmm. Death it is, then." The lead changeling snarls.

Initiative order
Recon
Changeling (lead/A)
Broken
Changeling (B)


Last edited by AleneShazam on Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:43 am; edited 2 times in total
avatar
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1045
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Token Evil IC

Post  A1C Bronymous on Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:45 pm

"Why aren't they going to help everyone else?" Hallows whispers. "Probably because they're already in front of the most important part of the castle." Gallows whispers back, and the two stay low to the floor as they peer at the silver-clad guards. "So what now?"
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5663
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Columbus, MS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Token Evil IC

Post  Faege on Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:33 pm

"They are not going to help, my friend, because that would be - how does it go again? - 'Overkill', as the new recruits like to say." Brightheart says, carefully examining their opposition. "They are Knights of Solaria Platinum, the best of the best within the holy orders. Even I have only seen them a few times in my career."

"They work in teams of six, as you can see. Each fill a unique role, and they function as one unstoppable unit. Hmm... this could cause some problems."

Faege
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 222
Join date : 2015-06-29
Location : Going down in China Town

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Token Evil IC

Post  jaguargamma on Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:38 pm

Recon reappears next to the changeling she missed. This time, she lands a solid kick into the changeling's side, shoving it into the other changeling.

"You must be one of Chrysalis' deserters. You're making the same mistakes."

Combat Breakdown:
Standard Action
[+1] Monkey’s Backfist
Standard Attack
Deal 1d8 damage to target creature. Choose a second creature. Those two creatures are considered adjacent to each other until the end of the battle.
Roll: 5
Targets: Changeling B, Changeling A

Items in Effect:
Spellbook - 500 Gold
Weapon
When you start a battle with this weapon equipped, you may bring all of your combat talents into battle (instead of choosing 5).

Armor of Energy Storing - 1000 gold
Armor
You do not lose your energy when you fall unconscious.

Ring of Strategic Withdrawal - 1500
Trinket
Once per battle, you may use the following combat talent.

[–1] GAH! - Interrupt Utility
Trigger: An enemy makes an attack against you.
Effect: Deal 1d12 damage to the triggering enemy and flip a coin. If you win the flip, the triggering attack has no effect on you. If you lose the flip, you gain 5 temporary hit points.

Energizing Amulet - 2000 Gold
Trinket
At the start of your turn, if you have less than 4 energy, you may gain 1 energy.

Status:
Hit Points: 40
Energy: 6
Condition: Normal
avatar
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 333
Join date : 2016-02-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Token Evil IC

Post  AleneShazam on Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:15 pm

"Ghk!" Changeling B stumbles, but Recon feels a slight resistance from the changeling's hard chitin. It's probably cushioning some of the impact.

Changeling A narrows his eyes, a thin wisp of green energy going between him and the other Changeling, causing his eyes to glow faintly of the same color. He inhales sharply, and Recon feels a sudden weakness in her limbs. Changeling B, meanwhile, straightens back up as the wispy string flows back towards it.

He then looks to Broken Dreams, and his eyes glow again. Broken gets the distinct sensation of his energy draining away, and bridge of energy forms between the two, flowing from Broken to Changeling A.

There is banging on the door, which seems to have been jammed by Recon.

Combat Wombat:
Changeling A
Empathic Drain - Standard Utility
Target enemy is Drained (Save ends). Drained creatures have to choose between losing an energy, or losing HP equal to their current energy level at the start of their turn. Drain also ends if the creature has no energy or HP. The drone who inflicted Drain gains energy or HP depending on what the creature chooses.
Target: Broken Dreams

Leech - Minor attack
Deal 1d4 damage to target enemy, and target creature heals that much HP.
Target: Recon (enemy), Changeling B (creature)
Result: 3+2=5

Summary
Recon takes 5 damage, Changeling B heals back 3 HP. Broken Dreams is Drained (save ends).

Initiative order
Recon
Changeling (A)
Broken <--
Changeling (B)


Last edited by AleneShazam on Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1045
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Token Evil IC

Post  Senshuken on Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:29 pm

So Changelings could operate as a hive mind that allowed individuals the freedom of individuality... It was an interesting little thought and Broken would have to get someone to write the thesis for him at some point down the line but at the moment there were more pressing concerns. Further attempts at conversation ended when the metal changeling that he had been so generously been aiding via distracting the bugs with dialog finally sprung the attack.

While at first he believed the bugs would focus on the thing actually attacking them as something of a priority, it quickly became apparent that one of the Changelings had decided to try and use him as a magical battery to boost its own power. A dark rage seethed at Broken's core at the sheer indignity... the sheer ARROGANCE that these overgrown flies had dared to show him. Originally he had planned to try and convince this 'rogue hive' to serve him... now those plans were out the window and it was time for some pest control.

Drawing on the dark power that was now as much apart of him as his own shadow, Broken's body started to change as the dark powers of the night pulsed through his veins openly; His body became as inky black as the darkest of nights, his mane changed to reflect that of a dark and starry night... and his softly glowing eyes reveled that his pupils had shifted into those of a predatory slit. With a burst of the trans-formative dark magic, the cocoon that had contained him was torn to shreds as a sword made from a dark metal seemed to materialize in his magical grasp.

Standing tall with a regal baring that wasn't there prior, the now transformed Broken stared at the two bugs... before narrowing in on the one that had dared to draw anything from him. A wicked looking smirk appeared on his features as he spoke with a royal tone that was heavily laced with disdain for the lesser creature before him. "You know, I was actually debating what I would do when I took the throne of Equestria for myself... I really must thank you for helping me make up my mind. For that you can have the honor..." With a flick of his mane, a quick series of 'stars' were fired towards both of the flesh and blood changelings "...of being the first of your wretched kind to die painfully at my hooves."

Combat:

Broken pays 4 health to Drain.
Activated:


Talisman of Weapons - 1000 Gold
Trinket
Once per battle, if you possess a Conjure Weapon combat talent, you may reduce the cost of the Conjure Weapon talent by 3 energy. This cannot reduce the cost to below 0.


Nightmare Moon’s Sword (Staff of the Stars)
Once per battle, you may use the following combat talent.
[-4] Conjure Staff of the Stars – Minor Utility [1/Battle]
You conjure a Celestial Staff in your hands. You can dismiss the Celestial Staff as a free action. While you are wielding a Celestial Staff , you cannot use your other combat talents. Instead you may use the combat talents below.

[0] This is my Boomstick! - Interrupt Utility
Trigger - You make a single target attack
Effect - The attack also targets all creatures adjacent to the target


[+1] Moonglow – Standard Attack
Deal 2d8 damage to target creature. Remove a (save ends) condition from yourself or an ally.
4+7=11 damage to Changelings A and B. Drained removed.


Status:
Hit Points: 26
Energy: 1
Condition: Normal
avatar
Senshuken
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Gender : Male
Posts : 456
Join date : 2013-08-08
Age : 26
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Token Evil IC

Post  AleneShazam on Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:50 pm

And here I thought you had forgotten I existed. The dangerously soothing voice of the Nightmare sounds in Broken's mind.

As magic taking the form of starlight streaks towards the changelings, the green energy between them pulses once, and impossibly quickly, Changeling B inclines its head ever so slightly, exactly enough for the shooting starts to miss its head. The changeling hisses angrily as it watches its comrade be battered back by dark magic, turning its attention to the Nightmare Broken and firing up its horn, leeching energy from the unicorn and bolstering its ally. Then once again Broken feels the weakening sensation as Changeling B latches onto his magic and begins to drain him.

The banging on the door continues, and the hasty spike put into the lock seems to loosen up somewhat under the impact.

Combat Wombat:
Changeling B
Empathic Drain - Standard Utility
Target enemy is Drained (Save ends). Drained creatures have to choose between losing an energy, or losing HP equal to their current energy level at the start of their turn. Drain also ends if the creature has no energy or HP. The drone who inflicted Drain gains energy or HP depending on what the creature chooses.
Target: Broken

Leech - Minor attack
Deal 1d4 damage to target enemy, and target creature heals that much HP.
Target: Broken (enemy), Changeling A (creature)
Result: 4+2=6

Summary
Broken takes 6 damage, Changeling A heals back 4 HP. Broken is Drained (save ends).

Initiative order
Recon <- Next
Changeling (A)
Broken
Changeling (B)
avatar
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Gender : Male
Posts : 1045
Join date : 2015-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Token Evil IC

Post  jaguargamma on Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:14 pm

Well, that made for an interesting turn.

Recon crosses the room and slams a hoof on the spike in the door, then takes a moment to focus her energy for her next attack.


Combat Breakdown:
Standard Action
[+2] Perfect Focus
Standard Utility
You gain resist 3 until the end of your next turn. At the start of your next turn, if you have not taken damage since you last used this ability, you gain 2 more energy.

Minor Action
Ram the spike back into the door.
Mechanics Roll: 5 + 9 = 14

Items in Effect:
Spellbook - 500 Gold
Weapon
When you start a battle with this weapon equipped, you may bring all of your combat talents into battle (instead of choosing 5).

Armor of Energy Storing - 1000 gold
Armor
You do not lose your energy when you fall unconscious.

Dimensional Cape - 1000 Gold
Trinket
Once per battle, you may use the following combat talent.

[0] Hideaway - Minor Utility [1/Battle]
You cease to exist and can take no actions until the start of your next turn. While in this state of nonexistence, you can affect no creature and no creature can affect you in any way. At the start of your next turn, you reappear.

Ring of Strategic Withdrawal - 1500
Trinket
Once per battle, you may use the following combat talent.

[–1] GAH! - Interrupt Utility
Trigger: An enemy makes an attack against you.
Effect: Deal 1d12 damage to the triggering enemy and flip a coin. If you win the flip, the triggering attack has no effect on you. If you lose the flip, you gain 5 temporary hit points.

Energizing Amulet - 2000 Gold
Trinket
At the start of your turn, if you have less than 4 energy, you may gain 1 energy.

Status:
Hit Points: 35
Energy: 8
Condition:


Last edited by jaguargamma on Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:24 am; edited 2 times in total
avatar
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Posts : 333
Join date : 2016-02-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Token Evil IC

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum