[PT|PBP] The Guild of Explorers and Starswirl's Lost Library

Go down

[PT|PBP] The Guild of Explorers and Starswirl's Lost Library

Post  AleneShazam on Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:29 pm

Do you enjoy Delving in Dungeons? Ransacking Ruins? Smuggling Acquiring Artifacts? If yes, then look no further than the Guild of Explorers and our newest expedition! If no, but you're in need of quick money, then you should still look no further than the Guild of Explorers and our newest expedition!

We've had it rough as of late, but this time for sure we'll be making a comeback, since we'll be venturing deep into the Crystal Mountains and searching for the one and only Starswirl' the Bearded's Lost Library!

If you want fame and fortune, or are just that bored, then hit us up at 13 Whinnier Street, Canterlot! We'll sign you right up, and send you to your doom glorious adventure today!

What are you waiting for???!!!!!!

Indiana Jones/Tomb Raider/Uncharted/Every-other-unrealistic-depiction-of-archeology-ever meets Pony.

Simple enough. I'm planning to run a short-ish adventure for a party of 4 or so, could be less but preferably not more, and lead them on an adventure to find the legendary Lost Library of Starswirl the Bearded. I'm not sure how well this will pan out, since there are quite a few games ongoing already, but what the hay, I have too many ideas anyway.

Guidelines
Takes place post Crystal-Empire, pre-Tirek.
PCs start at Level 4. Rather than a level 3 boon, you get 3 extra ability points because it makes no sense for a brand new team to have a boon.
They all have to be associated with the Guild of Explorers in some capacity.
Keep it PG-16 (is that a thing, even?)

Some background info on the Guild:
The Guild:
The Guild of Explorers were once renowned as the only archeological association willing to venture into areas of danger to uncover artifacts of the past. However, as explorable ruins became few and far between, the Guild slowly fell into disrepair, and their reputation took a severe hit. Nowadays the Guild is widely regarded as a gathering for eccentric and maladjusted crazies, and it's true to some extent, but there's still some real talent in there. Overall, though, they're the laughing stock of the Archeological community, and this new expedition is no doubt a last-ditch attempt to reclaim their former glory.

Last edited by AleneShazam on Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [PT|PBP] The Guild of Explorers and Starswirl's Lost Library

Post  Paper Shadow on Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:40 pm

We are theeee, Explorer's Leaaaague, and we are a league of exploreeerrs!

I'll hold off on joining to let other players get a chance to play a game, but I'll keep a close eye here in case you need a fourth player or something...

Based Emotion Chart:
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken on Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:36 am

I'm interested in joining this one... and possibly roping in a few newbie friends to join me as well.
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jaguargamma on Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:22 am

I think I'll join.

I'll bring Andromeda (now called "Voyager"). Here is the Wanderlust sheet for it. I'll work on a PT version when I get the chance.

EDIT: PT version here.
jaguargamma
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven on Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:58 pm

I am... surprised and extremely dismayed that I hadn't noticed this for nearly four months, it's very much the kind of thing I'd be interested in. I mean, look at my (as of this post) avatar, Wandering Eye is perfect for this.

That said... I'm not sure if OP is still interested in it.
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum