Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hackamore Hotel Horrors: Railroad Terminal - Backstage (PT / Recruiting)

4 posters

Go down

Hackamore Hotel Horrors: Railroad Terminal - Backstage (PT / Recruiting) Empty Hackamore Hotel Horrors: Railroad Terminal - Backstage (PT / Recruiting)

Post  Paper Shadow Mon May 21, 2018 8:31 pm

The Hackamore Hotel Horrors in:
Railroad Terminal!

The Hackamore Hotel. Death, Life, Birth. For this grand building, which is here one minute and there the next, you do not check in. No pony has ever checked in willingly. If you ever do find yourself awakening within one of its luxurious velvet beds, do not question how you arrived, nor its dark decor or taste in paintings, but take a moment to weep for yourself, as you have already passed. Master Soul, the necromancer owner, found your deceased body and raised you back to life until you next fall asleep, and will continue to do so provided you sleep at the Hotel (for the regular nightly fee of course). From there the choice is yours. Die on your terms at wherever you sleep next, continue to live constranted to having to return to the hotel on each night, or allow the necromancer to raise you as an undead, to be born again free from the shackles of who you were before. Death, Life, Birth.

In order to help afford to be so nonchalant with the spending of resource to perform all this, the Hotel also operates as a service contractor for those whose monstrous natures mean normal pony contractors are out of the question. The hotel lends out its staff, comprised of undead  who now choose to work and live a new life at the Hackamore Hotel, but also the occasional undead who chose to live elsewhere, and, if needs call for it, a monster.

The Rich Vein is running risk of stopping dead in its tracks. Known to late night travellers as an entertaining, although tacky, night train, to the community of the abnormal it operates as a smuggling service, transporting everything from ingredients to tomes of forbidden knowledge to artifacts of immense power and questionable intent. It is due to have an inspection tonight, but the crew is unable to perform its duties, dooming the Rich Vein to fail. The Hackamore Hotel has a vested interested in keeping the Rich Vein running, and so Master Soul agrees to the contact and begins to plan who to send.

The Hackamore Hotel Horrors series is basically a bunch of short one-shot slice-of-life games where undead creatures solve problems without being caught as being undead. This one, Railroad Terminal, is the first, and hopefully not the last. This will either be carried out either though PbP or Voice via Discord. I haven’t decided, as on one hand I have lost confidence in my ability to make posts, but on the other hand I have absolutely no experience or confidence running a game live and over voice, and I would hate for inexperience to hurt it, but let me know in the comments which one you’d prefer...

Character Creation Notes:
Level 1 Characters (Ideally Undead Staff of the Hackamore Hotel, but undead non-staff and non-undead monsters (staff or not) are allowed in limited numbers)
PT Out of Combat, Wanderlust Combat (Just in case combat happens, but I doubt it will)
21 Ability Points
Use Alternative Flight Tree (See Below)
No Appearance Shifting Talents outside of Element of Magic (Sorta saps the fun of hiding your true nature if you can say "I look more normal for the rest of the session")
I am willing to discuss changing these rules if you feel strongly against any of them

Alternative Flight Tree:
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Hackamore Hotel Horrors: Railroad Terminal - Backstage (PT / Recruiting) Empty Re: Hackamore Hotel Horrors: Railroad Terminal - Backstage (PT / Recruiting)

Post  Senshuken Tue May 22, 2018 3:28 pm

What time zone were you planning if you do with discord voice chat?
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Hackamore Hotel Horrors: Railroad Terminal - Backstage (PT / Recruiting) Empty Re: Hackamore Hotel Horrors: Railroad Terminal - Backstage (PT / Recruiting)

Post  Paper Shadow Tue May 22, 2018 4:27 pm

Senshuken wrote:What time zone were you planning if you do with discord voice chat?
I'm in BST, so I'd be looking around doing it between 10pm to 2am on any day, maybe not Thursdays though. Something at that time or so...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Wed May 23, 2018 7:10 am

It's a bit early for me. Sorry.
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Thu May 24, 2018 12:23 pm

hmm

on one hand i'm very interested in more slice of life, on the other im already saddled with games

I wouldn't be opposed to a voice game! but pbp works fine as well. And a person who made the transition from pbp to voice it's not too bad, tbh, so you needn't fret.

Last edited by AleneShazam on Thu May 24, 2018 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Thu May 24, 2018 12:28 pm

At the moment my schedule is a little wonky with trying to find a job, but in general I should be able to participate in voiced sessions should it end up as such. That said, no real preference for PBP or Voiced. Time to make another undead pony, this time without that easy shapeshifting.
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri May 25, 2018 12:11 am

Good to see more people interested, I'm sorta leaning towards doing a voice game. If, say, one more person signs up happy to do a voice game at the time range above we can do a voice game, but if there's a few people who wants to play it PbP instead, I'll do that...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:10 pm

Hmm, no one else has expressed interest. I suppose we'll just move forward. How are character sheets looking? Is there any preference for days?
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:40 pm

Giving this another go, post if you are interested in joining, we'll be doing it PbP to remove timezone complications...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down