Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interest Check - Dark, Heroic Medieval Fantasy AU

+2
Dusk Raven
Senshuken
6 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Interest Check - Dark, Heroic Medieval Fantasy AU - Page 3 Empty Re: Interest Check - Dark, Heroic Medieval Fantasy AU

Post  Seth Veeper Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:01 am

For that matter, does Havoc know?
Seth Veeper
Seth Veeper
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Interest Check - Dark, Heroic Medieval Fantasy AU - Page 3 Empty Re: Interest Check - Dark, Heroic Medieval Fantasy AU

Post  AleneShazam Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:24 am

i don't use skype, not anymore, but i do use discordd

and also, is it a magicky thing, and if so, would Skara know about them?
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:40 pm

Under normal circumstances I would call for a Knowledge - Arcana roll from those asking... but these lanterns are common knowledge, at least to anyone who's traveled a lot, so I'll tell you!
Big Smiles, Sweetie

Lanterns of Celestia (as they are formally known) are lanterns or braziers that contain magically enchanted kindling. They have two effects: they speed up the natural recovery of living beings and make rest more restful than it otherwise would be in the wilderness, and the area in which they shine is subtly imperceptible to monsters and even those ponies who have irrevocably forsaken Celestia and ponykind. This won't help if an adventurer attacks a monster from within its effect, but it does mean that a group of adventurers can sit around the lantern and not be disturbed by wandering monsters while they rest.

They're uncommon in the grand scheme of things, but both the Equestrian Army and the Adventurer's Guild keep a list of all known lanterns and their locations, so they're not hard to find if you know where to look. Most of them are located in dangerous areas where their effects are most useful, and they're often placed in some sort of shelter to protect from wind and rain. They require occasional upkeep in the form of renewing the kindling and making sure no one's vandalized them, although they tend to be free of sabotage since anypony who can actually perceive one would probably find it too useful to destroy.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Veeper Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:42 pm

Is there, by chance, a Lunar equivalent?
Seth Veeper
Seth Veeper
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:55 pm

No. The Lanterns use a combination of low-level healing magic (specifically, the type to speed up natural recovery) and a permanent "Sanctuary" spell, which is Celestia's domain much moreso than Luna's. Luna tends to be much less... subtle, about her magic, and her tactics in dealing with threats.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:22 am

I apologize again, but I've got a good reason this time - I have a job now. Unfortunately, I actually don't have a lot of free time in given day... though I'll try and post tomorrow.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:33 pm

It's safe to say we are ready to leave now. We'll take those rations they were offering and be on our way...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:11 am

At this point I have to ask if people are actually still interested. I've been busy with a new job, and I've kept forgetting about this even when I do have the time... that, and transitions like this are never really my strong suit.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:27 am

I am still interested...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:44 am

Same here.
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:41 am

That's good to know. Unfortunately, as my delay in responding to this can indicate, I just haven't been posting. My usual forgetfulness has been compounded by my job, such that my free time is scarce and not easily managed. I want to continue this - if for no other reason than to convince myself I can run games online - but I haven't done a very good job, it seems...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3