Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fanfic page

+6
Hayatecooper
Jason Shadow
SilentBelle
AlicornPriest
LoganAura
Prof. Charles Hoofington
10 posters

Go down

Fanfic page Empty Fanfic page

Post  Prof. Charles Hoofington Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:16 pm

Just a page where we can shamelessly promote our mlp fanfics.

Speaking of which, you may be interested to learn that i have begun writing my own fanfic.
Think steampunk inventor/explorer sheanigans.
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/45426/Professor-Charles-Hoofington-and-the-Temple-of-the-Moon-Queen

What do you think of it?

What about you guys? Do you have any fics that need shameless promoting?
Prof. Charles Hoofington
Prof. Charles Hoofington
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Fanfic page Empty Re: Fanfic page

Post  LoganAura Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:47 pm

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8165742/1/My_Little_Pony_Friendship_is_Silent

MLP human self/group insert because I figured since I had 5 close friends and all together we fit each of the elements, WHY THE HELL NOT! *Hides from tomatos for a totally cliche reason*

I was bored and wanted to have a reason to parody/change the lyrics to different songs.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  AlicornPriest Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:06 pm

Absolutely! Let me share everything I've gotten up on the web so far.
The first would be The Epic of Twilight. It's the show, redone in epic blank verse. I think it's pretty cool, anyway.
Next, A Call to Vespers. It's actually a sequel to a story of a friend of mine, The Grey Factor. I'm in a bit of a rut on that one, but rest assured, when it comes, it'll be spectacular!
For the piece de resistance (I'm too lazy to do diacritics), The Table at the End. It's MLP crossed with the spectacular show, The Booth at the End. I had a lot of fun with that one, although it's a lot more, shall we say, chaste than the original show.

Hey, wanna see some other cool stuff? Here, check out these folders.
AlicornPriest
AlicornPriest
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Prof. Charles Hoofington Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:46 am

LoganAura wrote:http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8165742/1/My_Little_Pony_Friendship_is_Silent

MLP human self/group insert because I figured since I had 5 close friends and all together we fit each of the elements, WHY THE HELL NOT! *Hides from tomatos for a totally cliche reason*

I was bored and wanted to have a reason to parody/change the lyrics to different songs.

I have to admit, i cringed a little when i saw it was a self-insert human oh-wait-i-am-a-pony-now in equestria fic, but i was pleasently supprised by it and i am keen to see it develop and grow.

AlicornPriest wrote:Absolutely! Let me share everything I've gotten up on the web so far.
The first would be The Epic of Twilight. It's the show, redone in epic blank verse. I think it's pretty cool, anyway.

wow, thats quite awsome. My dyspraxia makes a lttle hard for me to read, but i can see the effort that went into it.

AlicornPriest wrote:Next, A Call to Vespers. It's actually a sequel to a story of a friend of mine, The Grey Factor. I'm in a bit of a rut on that one, but rest assured, when it comes, it'll be spectacular!

Not had a chance to read these yet, but they look intersting. Going on my read later list.

AlicornPriest wrote:For the piece de resistance (I'm too lazy to do diacritics), The Table at the End. It's MLP crossed with the spectacular show, The Booth at the End. I had a lot of fun with that one, although it's a lot more, shall we say, chaste than the original show.

i have never heard of the booth at the end, but then again i do live on the wrong side of the atlantic. However, despite my ignorance the flic was clear and easy to understand, and i quite enjoyed it, even if it did get unexpectedly semi-dark at the end.
Prof. Charles Hoofington
Prof. Charles Hoofington
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:57 am

I admit the reasoning for my chapter is mostly to do with an "Aesop a chapter" Story, along with "How many songs can I parody?", and "Write what you know." But I'm happy I surprised you!
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:03 pm

Oh, wow, we actually have a thread for this now? Hah. Sweet, I'll post this one. Scion of Chaos. It's a story I've been writing following Sweetie Belle, and the way I've approached it is similar to the approach I take in writing DnD quests. It's just a story I write to get myself to keep writing consistently, I try to update it every other Sunday.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Shadow Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:31 am

Ooh, shameless self-promotion? Count me in! Very Happy

I don't have any one particular fanfic I'm pushing right now, so I'll just post a link to my FiMFiction account, where I go by the name of Charcoal Quill.

Also, doesn't Masterweaver have an account there, too...?
Jason Shadow
Jason Shadow
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:34 pm

All right, I thought that since I kinda dropped my other fic on this page (Split up with my girlfriend, and can't really talk to one of the friend on it) I thought I might as well post another one.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/66026/The-Elements-of...

A bit of a darker take on something. Not fully, but enough to end up being mildly creepy.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:30 pm

ooh fanfics?

I've done a few, but the one I'm currently working on is a fanfic of the PTB campaign.
It's written by me, so probably terrible, but I'll inflict it on you anyway.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/78773/pony-team-bravo-dysfunction-is-magic

Boom. Chapter 2, should hopefully be up soon/my version of Wednesday. Provided I can get it edited in time.
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:30 am

Writing and writing away. It's actually really neat to see how much I've improved my writing in the last year and it's been an all together wonderful experience.

Must keep writing!
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:38 am

I had a couple fanfic ideas here and there.

Best idea I've had was based on this little post: http://lurkingrhythmically.blogspot.com/2013/01/princess-celestia-tool-of-fate-xanatos.html

Of course, with my work ethic being what it is, it'll take a collaboration and/or a miracle to get it written...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:03 pm

Dusk Raven wrote:I had a couple fanfic ideas here and there.

Best idea I've had was based on this little post: http://lurkingrhythmically.blogspot.com/2013/01/princess-celestia-tool-of-fate-xanatos.html

Of course, with my work ethic being what it is, it'll take a collaboration and/or a miracle to get it written...

Those are some neat ideas. I don't think I buy into as much of it as some others would. [headcanon] I've always thought that it was specifically stated that it was just Luna and Celestia that used the elements to defeat discord. I always supposed that they wielded three of the elements each but once Celestia banished her sister to the moon, the action violated her own 'elemental purity' and thus she couldn't wield the elements again.[/headcanon]

Still, the idea of Celestia as meticulous planner/mastermind is one I like to gravitate toward.

It was an interesting discussion to say the least, but one I don't quite have time to explore. I've got my own adventure story to keep on top of Smile
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:53 pm

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/82037/elements-of-good-support

Newer fic of mine, mostly to get my Analysis obsession out. Give me a character with either an established canon or fanon personality, and I'd gladly analyze them. Just post in the comments there Very Happy
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:16 pm

Time for more shameless self-promotion!

I have a fanfic, inspired by a particular image from DeviantART which serves as the title image. It's a hypothetical scenario describing what might have happened should Twilight have failed to save the Crystal Empire... http://www.fimfiction.net/story/120701/sombras-crucible-twilights-corruption
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Fanfic page Empty Something short.

Post  SparkImpulse Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:36 am

http://www.fimfiction.net/blog/221

You can find my account from there, if you like. I've three stories up, one I'm working on when I can ... sometimes. Somebody on FiMFiction said you could never have an alicorn in a story because that broke everything.

But so many of the fantasy stories, even some sci-fi, that I love (even if I were to admit parts of the were a bit cheesy) have world-ending consequences being held at bay by world-shattering power held by vessels that surprise all who meet them because they don't look like they should have that much power.

So I wrote a story, an HiE story via Inception/Avatar style mechanics, wherein we gain an unwilling alicorn who must save Equestria. I had a lot of fun writing it, and a few people have said they liked reading it.

Then I wrote two more /PP-shrug/ The middle one has an alicorn human, but is in a completely different version/universe. Oh, and if you do a google-image search for sergals ... err, leave your image filter settings to on. They attract some weird folk, those wolf-shark-eagles do.
SparkImpulse
SparkImpulse
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Fri May 23, 2014 4:18 pm

I realise this topics been offline for a while, but posting here seemed better than starting a new topic for the same subject.

I've recently started giving MLP Fanfiction a try, including one if my own. So far, I've finished first drafts of the first two chapters; it's a season two-ish set piece. The plot is about Twilight confronting Fluttershy about the fact she isn't a model Pegasus; the story is about gender and societal roles.

I'm currently working on the third chapter (of six), and I have a side-story/sequel-ish thing in mind to try and look at Lyra in a different way.

I haven't uploaded any of it yet, and in fact I'm still sort of looking for pre-readers. Would anyone be interested in tearing a wannabe artist apart?
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri May 23, 2014 8:42 pm

Yes, but only if you accept "tearing apart" to be the default stance, so to speak, and things aren't expected to be rushed.

This isn't to say chapters won't get back to you quickly, but they won't be next-day things either. They'll get back when they're done, and I'll work on them when need be. And I won't go easy on you.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sat May 24, 2014 11:32 am

Oh no, what have I let myself in for?!? Gurk! 

Seriously though, I'm fine with both of those. For not being rushed, given my erratic writing schedule, that might let me get some more done before you catch up. And as for the tearing comment...

Honestly, I want that. I'm not trying to palm off something half-assed and get someone else to shine it; I am happy with what I've done, and proud to show it to people. But I do want to improve it, and if that means getting it torn to pieces so it can be put back together as a stronger piece, I'm fine with that; I'm happy for that. It'll give me a different perspective on the strengths and weaknesses of my writing style and how to improve going forward in general.

...so, erm... I guess I'm saying yes please? Hope you don't mind me PMing you the chapter.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down