Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Compendium: A catalogue for our community.

4 posters

Go down

Monster Compendium: A catalogue for our community. Empty Monster Compendium: A catalogue for our community.

Post  SilentBelle Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:06 am

Behold the fruits of my effort Very Happy I know there aren't that many of them in there yet, but it's a start.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hG6z8gy4KtP84eX9oN0CETgvFiNYblTHgbZ1kz3Ji70/edit

Also, if you want your monsters in here, go to the monster arena and post your monsters there. I'll assess them and offer critique, and if I think it's a full-fledged monster then it'll make it in.

Cheers,
~SilentBelle
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Monster Compendium: A catalogue for our community. Empty Re: Monster Compendium: A catalogue for our community.

Post  thematthew Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:14 pm

Woo, great job compiling. Just some suggestions though:

Trait - Analog PiP Counter
PiP count is always clear.

This should probably be stated in a better way, which is to say what does this mean?

[+2]Acid Poison - Standard Utility
The next attack this creature makes causes deals 3 ongoing damage in addition to it's other effects.

1) Either causes or deals, not causes deals

2) Is this supposed to be for all time? Because as is, it is.

[+1]Poison Breath - Minor Attack
Deal 1d4 damage to up to three six creatures. Each target flips a coin, if they lose the flip, they are dazed (save ends)

Does this hit 3, or 6 targets?

Spoiler:

Any of the Diamond Dogs Tactics block

Shouldn't their attack targeting be a trait instead of being in the Tactics section? You know, so it actually has to do it.

Dirty Cheater
--> A DDD may make saving rolls at the start of its turn instead of at the end of it.

Should state that it makes saving throws at the start of the turn, else I will put it off to the end of turn whenever I dominate it.

[0] Enraged - Reaction Utility
Trigger: This creature is bloodied.
Effect: For the rest of the encounter, this creature now rolls an additional 1D6 for the effects of Slash and Stinger.

This should probably be a trait, since it only gets bloodied once and it can be denied being angry about it by being dazed for one turn.

[-5] Overcharge - Standard Utility
Target creature becomes resistant to all damage, cannot be targeted by enemies and gains regen 3 until the end of its next turn.

Should state either a resist amount, or reducing damage taken to 0 if that was the intent, just because 'resistant to all damage' doesn't actually mean anything in the rules other than has resist X.

[-2] Spark Guard - Immediate Reaction Utility
Trigger: This creature is hit by an attack
Deal 2D10 damage to the triggering creature

Trigger should be worded as either 'this creature is targeted with an attack' or 'this creature takes damage from an attack' since all attacks hit.

(To roll this with dice, roll one d10 to figure out the single digit and another die to figure out the tens digit. For example: 1d30, roll a d10 for digits (I got a 5), then roll a d3 (I got a 1) that’s a 0 for the tens; therefore the total damage is 5.)

[nitpick]A d30 is a real thing. Also, assuming we're working on the same standard as using 2d10 to simulate 1d100, the example damage would be 15. The 3 result would be the equivalent of 0 unless the d10 came up 0 at the same time.[/nitpcik]

Primal Confidence
The Owlbear gains 3 temporary hit points when it deals damage to an opponent; the Owlbear does 2 extra damage on all of it's combat talents (including ongoing damage) when it has no temporary hit points.

Just making sure I'm reading this right, but this is supposed to make the owlbear's ongoing damage 3 into ongoing damage 5, correct?

Just trying to help out a little.
thematthew
thematthew
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Monster Compendium: A catalogue for our community. Empty Re: Monster Compendium: A catalogue for our community.

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:35 pm

thematthew wrote:
Trait - Analog PiP Counter
PiP count is always clear.

This should probably be stated in a better way, which is to say what does this mean?
As the guy who MADE the monster's trait in question, it means that the GM must share what a Clockwork Alicorn's pip count is at all times. Most of the time both the HP and PiPs of a monster are not known by anyone but the GM, this monster forces the GM to share the pip count with the players is at all times. And I'll agree it could be stated in a better way come to think about it.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:13 pm

Sweet, thankyou for the critiques. Another set of eyes can be very helpful Very Happy I'll get to fixing and clarifying these right away.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:52 am

This is a nice little compendium. Thanks for putting it together SB!
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:18 am

No problem Smile It should suffice until the actual Monster Manual comes out.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down