Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Humans for a future Racial expansion?

+4
Flutterknight
The Warrior of Many Faces
Demonu
LoganAura
8 posters

Go down

Humans for a future Racial expansion? Empty Humans for a future Racial expansion?

Post  LoganAura Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:09 am

Don't know how to flavor the description other than "You're a human."
Racials:
Hands- You are able to grasp onto larger things than ponies can with their hooves. +1 to any activity that requires fine, dextrous handling of things.
Non-magical being: As a non-native to Equestria, you do not choose a cutie mark, and recevie a -1 penalty to any feat that requires magic.
Racial Utilities-
Athletics-
Super Sentai- +5 to Stunts checks
Soldier- +5 to Endurance checks
Precision-
Roboteer- +5 to Mechanics checks
Martial Artist- +5 to Acrobatics
Ninja- +5 to stealth checks
Knowledge-
Doctor-+5 to health checks
Gypsy- +5 to Arcana checks
Brony- +5 to History checks
Horse Sense-
Spy- +5 to Perception checks
Politician- +5 to Persuasion checks
Celebrity- +5 to Streetwise checks
The racial utilities do not stack with any other utility in that classification. The reason these are so high is that a Human does not have access to "Everypony" Talents.
A human can use their magic point to make a nat20 in one ability they have a utility for become a cutie mark critical 1 time per session.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Humans for a future Racial expansion? Empty Re: Humans for a future Racial expansion?

Post  Demonu Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:59 pm

I'm not a fan of bringing Humans into Pony Tales/Equestria. They don't fit the lore (even if G1 had humans) or the flavour (Horse sense for instance)

+ it just doesn't make sense to have a Human wander around Equestria, all Lyra related incidents aside.
Demonu
Demonu
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Humans for a future Racial expansion? Empty Re: Humans for a future Racial expansion?

Post  The Warrior of Many Faces Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:19 am

I'm in agreement with Demonu here. If I want to play a human, I'll play D&D or something.
Element of Harmony

Location : In my Doomed Fortress of Doomy Doom (tm), plotting to conquer the world!

Back to top Go down

Post  Flutterknight Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:05 pm

+1 Nnnnnope
Flutterknight
Flutterknight
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:16 pm

OTOH....

While I agree humans should be rare, creating a base template for them might lend assistance for Satyrs and Minotaurs and suchlike.
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:13 am

Well...
One of the reasons I wanted to do "Humans" was more for people who aren't 100% into role playing as magical talking animals but want to try their hand at the game.
The other reason were the 11 racial abilities above because I loved the names ^u^'
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:54 am

Well I for one am a fan of Human interaction in the world of Ponies. Not saying I'd play as one, but if I were ever going to DM a game, they would certainly make an appearance.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:57 am

my ideas after sitting on this:
1.) humans have NO access to any "Pony" talents outside of Level Up.
2.) Humans choose 1 talent from each portion of the skillset above.
3.) Using a magic point 1/session, they can change a nat20 in one of their Talented skills to a "cutie mark critical".
4.) No trainings, since the 4 +5 is better than the 2+3 and 1 +5
5.) You must get the DM's permission to play as a Human.

Flavor: Wether left in Equestria from Generation one, or brought in by a nightmare or a Pinkie Pie, Humans are extremely rare in Equestria.
Yes I referenced Through the Eyes of another Pony. Deal with it B)
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:53 pm

LoganAura wrote:my ideas after sitting on this:
1.) humans have NO access to any "Pony" talents outside of Level Up.
2.) Humans choose 1 talent from each portion of the skillset above.
3.) Using a magic point 1/session, they can change a nat20 in one of their Talented skills to a "cutie mark critical".
4.) No trainings, since the 4 +5 is better than the 2+3 and 1 +5
5.) You must get the DM's permission to play as a Human.

1- Then in order to have a viable character one would need to draw up or borrow from somewhere else Human talents or feats. Unless its an NPC in which case the DM can probably fudge some of the mechanics.
2- Same response, if I'm reading that right, and all of the talents are just +5 skill boosts.
3- Changing a Crit to a CM Crit is purely aesthetic- not worth a magic point, unless there's nothing else they could spend it on.
4- no training is fine, but who says humans don't have "special talents" just like ponies? Keep the 4 +5s (sprinkled with some other talents) and give them another +2-3 on a skill of their choice. Not CM level, but still shows that is their talent- unless the point was to have humans be the "all-around, jack of (almost) all trades"" kind of character, in which case, scratch that.
5-Obviously. The settings for these games are based entirely within the realm of the DM's headcanon, so asking him to introduce humans when he believes they shouldn't be there is ridiculous.

A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Appkes Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:25 pm

+1 Heck No
Appkes
Appkes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:06 pm

The Only Humans I'm game for getting in the official gamebook is the Fantasy Humans... >.>

While it would be fun to do Role Play a Human in Equestria storyline... I'm not sure I'd wanta let them be PCs. I give power to yea for wanting to make this... But I'm not sure what to suggest to help you... And not sure if I wanta... >.>
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:28 pm

All right. Turns out it's a no.
I only really wanted the 11 ability names I made really. If we can find a way for us to use those names for other abilities... *Shrug*
I'm fine with it. If a human is needed for something they can just use the legends one >_>
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down