Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maniacal Tons of Fun Effect Table (Done)

3 posters

Go down

Maniacal Tons of Fun Effect Table (Done) Empty Maniacal Tons of Fun Effect Table (Done)

Post  Antiquated Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:20 am

Ok, I'm in the process of making a Maniacal Tons of Fun effect table. I've gleaned some good tips and great additions from another fourm I started about a different effect table. Basically I'm taking the Big Ol' Storm of Chaos I made earlier, and making it more OP. but I've also nixed roughly half of the effects, and am in the process of replacing them. Well, I'm out of ideas, and I still need another 14 effects.

I never would have made it this far if I hadn't taken most of the base ideas from the original Tons of Fun Effect Table Forum. I've linked that, yet again, to avoid stepping on any toes. So, I'll post what I have, and I would really appreciate new effect suggestions, and criticism on what I already have. I think I need more hilariously OP suggestions the most. I only have a few things that just totally wreck the flow of the game, and I'm getting the feeling that that is the entire idea behind this Destiny. Here is what I have so far. I'll link to a G-doc again when I get all the effects I need.

I've got a feeling you guys are going to pull through for me, so I will go ahead and thank you in advanced. Thanks for the help!

I finished it. Took the suggestions that were given to me. Made up some more of my own. I also removed a few. To those who commented, thanks for the support and ideas. To everybody else, have a free effect table!

I'm going to spoiler proof the entire thing by making the text color white. If you are playing the character who will be making use of this, I highly suggest you highlight a few and read them to get an idea of what kind of stuff is on here, and leave the rest as surprises. Then send the link to this form to your DM.

*Edit
I'm removing the table from the forms for private reasons. If you would like a copy of it, my e-mail is antijima@gmail.com and my skype username is jimahaff.

Last edited by Antiquated on Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:51 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : typo, Updating and spoiler proofing the table, typo)
Antiquated
Antiquated
Background Pony
Background Pony

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/antiquatedannomaly

Back to top Go down

Maniacal Tons of Fun Effect Table (Done) Empty Re: Maniacal Tons of Fun Effect Table (Done)

Post  Hayatecooper Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:31 am

First: I just want to say your display picture is really awesome.

2nd: Favs are easily 19(Can you imagine threatening someone with farted out fireworks?), Sharktopus cause of that one movie, 34 cause really why the hell not.

3rd.. wish I had suggestions but good job and this is awesome.
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Maniacal Tons of Fun Effect Table (Done) Empty Re: Maniacal Tons of Fun Effect Table (Done)

Post  Z2 Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:52 am

While appropriately wacky I suppose, most of these seem to lack the truly exceptional nature of a level 10 destiny's appropriate power... particularly one totally centered on craziness. Also, I think if there is any single mechanic that should NOT have a communal table, it's probably the maniacal tons of fun version. Also, many of these seem to require the player NOT to have read the table to stay interesting...

In addition, many of these effects seem rather... impersonal. Nopony wants a mary sue or random villain showing up, it's not profitable or even amusingly disastrous... It's just annoying. 'Annoying' OUT of character is probably not something you should go for.
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Antiquated Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:12 pm

Hayatecooper wrote:First: I just want to say your display picture is really awesome.

2nd: Favs are easily 19(Can you imagine threatening someone with farted out fireworks?), Sharktopus cause of that one movie, 34 cause really why the hell not.

3rd.. wish I had suggestions but good job and this is awesome.

I'm glad you appreciate my sense of humor, those were all ones I came up with myself ^_^

Also, thanks for the compliment on my user pic, though I can't take credit for it. On of my new friends thought this game drew character pics for everyone in that party that wasn't artistically inclined enough to make their own, just so that he wouldn't have to look at the pony-creator pics.
(;一_一)

Z2 wrote: ...seem to lack the truly exceptional nature of a level 10 destiny's appropriate power...

That's what I was afraid of, and that's what I wanted help with the most. I think finding 14 super OP new suggestions will go a long way towards fixing, this. Especially when you take into consideration that the player is probably going to choose to roll for multiple effects, so, I'm afraid or making all of them really crazy. I don't think anyone wants a teammate to transform into a dragon, while a volcano goes of, and a tsunami rolls through the town. I feel like at most 1/2 to 1/3rd of the effects should be cataclysmic, and the rest should be funny and random or even helpful but harmless.

Also, I intend to not show this to the player who is taking the destiny... He will roll, and the DM will tell him what he gets > : D

In the host doc, I'll tag the ones you picked out as boring for reconsideration, and if I can get enough good suggestions, I will gladly swap them out. I very much consider this a work in progress, and am not attached-at-the-hip to any of my effects.

Last edited by Antiquated on Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:15 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : tweaking an emoticon, again, again...)
Antiquated
Antiquated
Background Pony
Background Pony

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/antiquatedannomaly

Back to top Go down

Post  Z2 Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:41 pm

Antiquated wrote:Also, I intend to not show this to the player who is taking the destiny... He will roll, and the DM will tell him what he gets > : D

Well, this is a public forum, so he could ostensibly come here and see it...

While I still object to the 'communal table' idea here, it only benefits me to help fill it out... sooooo~

88. You are teleported to a mysterious dungeon where you must fight a multitude of sword wielding maniacs and one very tough boss. If you win, you get a vorpal sword.
89. A square looking glass appears. Anytime a sentient lifeform looks through the glass so that the width is fully covered by a contiguous object, the object will disentigrate.

97. Cloned. Up to five allied creatures are left holding a baby version of THEMSELVES. The child is otherwise normal (unless you can think of something fun to do, obviously)

99. THE APOCALYPSE IS HAPPENING IN 24 HOURS ASDFDFASDKLF! Get to stoppin' it.
100. Everybody becomes an alicorn. Even the non ponies. Especially the non ponies. (Mechanically this would probably be a +to all attributes, and free 'it's almost like flying' 'ponykinesis' and 'we're just good at this stuff' racials. [also, 'everybody' can be defined as either the whole party - or for extra fun - EVERYbody: all sentient lifeforms Wink ])
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down