Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sun Sets

+4
deonte9109
A1C Bronymous
Cardbo
RavenscroftRaven
8 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Sun Sets - Page 2 Empty Re: The Sun Sets

Post  deonte9109 Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:13 pm

"Wasn't talking about just your people but mine as well. Anything that draws breath in this world is corrupt to some point whether or not you are willing to admit it your beloved princess included. The fact that she has control of the sun and makes it so that only she has the ability to raise it everyday means that she herself wants the continued praise and adoration you ponies give her for it. Tell me other than the sun what else does your princess really do, she craves and desires the worship your kind give her. You say she is just but where was she when my lands were being taken away from my people. You say she was benevolent but when the Haeksenn attack our villages where was she. Your fair and just kingdom is only fair and just as long as you follow the rules of your princess. My people have heard of the bourgeois that your princess surrounds herself in her city. Tell me why surround yourself with others that think of themselves as above others if you yourself do not have that same mindset or at least are okay with being around those kind of ponies."
deonte9109
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:37 pm

"Mister deer, do us all a very big favour and SHUT UP." Gearick snapped, getting sick and tired of this ranting, zealous fool. "And I don't just mean now, I mean shut up PERMANENTLY unless you have any CONSTRUCTIVE or INTELLIGENT to say. Which means stop bitching about how EVERYTHING is 'corrupt'. If it troubles you THAT much, then just go ahead and kill yourself so you don't have to be bothered by this 'corrupt' world."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:51 pm

deonte9109 wrote:"Wasn't talking about just your people but mine as well. Anything that draws breath in this world is corrupt to some point whether or not you are willing to admit it your beloved princess included. The fact that she has control of the sun and makes it so that only she has the ability to raise it everyday means that she herself wants the continued praise and adoration you ponies give her for it. Tell me other than the sun what else does your princess really do, she craves and desires the worship your kind give her. You say she is just but where was she when my lands were being taken away from my people. You say she was benevolent but when the Haeksenn attack our villages where was she. Your fair and just kingdom is only fair and just as long as you follow the rules of your princess. My people have heard of the bourgeois that your princess surrounds herself in her city. Tell me why surround yourself with others that think of themselves as above others if you yourself do not have that same mindset or at least are okay with being around those kind of ponies."

"More to the point, you may not have gotten the message, but Celestia is dead, of this week.  Frankly, its very touchy subject.  And as I believe you yourself said, now is not the time to speak of it."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:20 am

"And since the sun still moved, clearly, she was not the sole being able to do so, thus voiding your argument. Any sufficiently powerful unicorn can move the sun. As they say in Roam, it is only hubris if I fail."

Emerald looks at the sigil on the ground and the additions of the others, confirming its shape and intended effect. "To be akin to a god entails a certain level of obligation, a certain noblesse oblige. Yes, unicorns are proud of our ability. We have a right to be. Your backwoods worldview encourages stagnation and weakness instead of striving for strength, to be placated and sedate is to be meat, not life. it is why your kind are easy prey even for herbivores. So that's Lesson Three of Unicorn Hunting: A weapon used by my enemy is but one more route I can use to defeat them. A mages' duel will succeed where assassinations fail, even if you have no magic, because a prolonged siege will never work on something that can just teleport away. I'm only staying this long because I feel some sort of warped sense of obligation to you ponies, as I explained to the birdbrain, I really have no vested concern about my own survival, that's a given."

She looks to the originator of the idea, the featherbrain that suddenly seemed a lot more competent in her eyes. It was still business, philosophy could go hand in hand, but this needed doing. "I assume that orb is the catalyst, prompting putting this idea forward? Place it in the centre of the circle, but don't disrupt any of the lines. Maybe we'll get out of here before the trail gets cold. It should be just incanting the spell now, but my mana reserves, while vast, are not fully repleted."

Emerald turns to the other unicorn. "Care to help charge this spell with me?"
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:44 am

"Me?" Gearick asked in surprised when the other unicorn turned to him, requesting in assistance to help prepare the spell. "Uh... well. I'll just be serving as a mana-supply or something right? I'm not spellcaster, so I can't do anything complex. You'll have to handle it alone, but I think I'll be able to help in a brute-force way."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:44 am

RavenscroftRaven wrote:
She looks to the originator of the idea, the featherbrain that suddenly seemed a lot more competent in her eyes. It was still business, philosophy could go hand in hand, but this needed doing. "I assume that orb is the catalyst, prompting putting this idea forward? Place it in the centre of the circle, but don't disrupt any of the lines. Maybe we'll get out of here before the trail gets cold. It should be just incanting the spell now, but my mana reserves, while vast, are not fully repleted."

Storm floats over and carefully places the orb in the center of the circle and then floats back the way he came.

"It would be a shame not to be able to use it if we have both the opportunity and means to do so."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:21 pm

Emerald smiles to Storm. "Quite rightly."

She takes up a spot on one side of the circle, still somewhat ready to bolt if the featherbrain shows signs of aggression. "And yes, just as a battery is fine. Take a spot opposite me on this circle, front hooves just barely touching the outside rim. And then we'll see just how much power this orb has."

Rolls:
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:26 pm

Gearick followed the orders without hesitation, knowing how one was much more experienced in these matters than himself. Standing opposite to Emerald, with his hooves barely touching the rim, he began to gather his magic together into his horn, ready to lend it to his fellow unicorn. He was familiar with the process, having to do so several times during his time with the guard, sometimes the tasks they did required a lot of magic, more than most of them could manage.

Spoiler:
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:23 am

Storm shut his eyes and sensed the arcane weaves.  Where one would falter, he nudged it back into place.  While he didn't necessarily have the 'Ooomph' of a unicorn, he did have subtlety.

OOC:Arcane assist.
Roll(1d20)+7:
11,+7
Total:18
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:03 pm

Ok, we're back. Remember, Storm (and all pegasi) can't actually use, activate or influence magic through magical means- UNLESS he spends a Magic Point. Knowledge of spellmaking, runes, procedures are as far as he's getting.

Using the finalized spell, Emerald begins casting it, given support by Gearick and power by the Orb.Magical energies swirl like gusts of wind, and Koli bristles. She doesn't move, but anyone watching her can see she isn't as excited about this now that its actually happening. The following the spell's design, she pulls the magic around her together, forming it into its desired form. The orb pulses, oozing out more and more power as needed. Emerald concentrates, and finishes preparing the spell. As she finally casts it, though, there is a misfire, signaled by a static discharge. The shock hits Emerald's horn, transfers through the magic to Gearick, through the orb, and at Koli- Kanen, Dodger and Storm are spared the shock, but can definitely feel it as fur and feathers stand on end. Despite the interruption, the spell continues casting, and erupts into a vortex of power, encircling Koli and Emerald. The spiral tightens, spinning faster and faster... and then stops.

For a moment, nothing happens. Then Koli's horns glow to life as sparks like before dance between them. Frightened, she begins to take flight, but then a piercing telepathic scream rips through everyone's head, and a magical explosion detonates, centered on the Oliscomaur. The concussive force blows everyone back into the nearest obstacle. The light is blinding, like a second sun was lit precisely where she was standing. Magical waves crash around the area in a storm of magical backlash.

Once the smoke has cleared, one by one the group comes to their senses. Around them, everything appears different. Koli's den has caved in, and the altar has fallen to pieces. Cracks and Fissures crisscross the ground, and piles of rubble from up the mountain have formed around them. Dodger sees that he managed to avoid being crushed by a large boulder.At the epicenter of the blast, Koli appears to be gone. However, a subtle glow from the area reveals what must be her, transformed. "Well that was quite unpleasant." Her voice once again echoes out, and the glow disappears. In its place is what looks like a miniaturized version of Koli's head, with only a single horn left and huge emotive eyes. She sports a disproportionately smaller normal owl body, with two pairs of large (respectively) wings, which flap lazily as she hovers, and  no legs or talons that can be seen. "Haaaaaahhhhmmmmm... that's.... oh. Well, congratulations, I guess. It worked..." Her melancholy tone is enhanced by the sad look in her eyes as she drifts about in mid air.

Achievement Unlocked: It Could Be Worse- 15 pts
Also, everyone takes the following damage form the explosion:
Emerald: 12
Gearick: 10
Storm, Dodger, Kanen: 8
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:02 pm

"Hah. Well, that could've gone better." Storms says he dusts himself off. He wanders over to rest of the party and starts patching them up.

OOC:Heal
Roll(1d20)+10:
17,+10
Total:27
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:09 pm

"You don't say." Gearick said irritability, standing up and shaking the dust off himself, glad that nothing was bleeding. Once he recovered, then he saw the results. "Aw hell." He exclaimed, examining Koli's new form. "She can't live like that. She needs talons or something to grab her food with, and well as something to stand and rest on as she can't fly all the time."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:48 pm

Emerald smirks. "Well, you're much cuter now. And still a predator, I bet a mouse will fill you right up now, and you can travel with no problems whatsoever."

She turns to the deer. "See? Magic works." 

The green unicorn coughs up a little dust. "Okay... Works with occasional mild side effects."
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:51 pm

Storm gives Koli an appraising look. "This may not be as bad as it looks."  He turns to Emerald. "I'm assuming you were going for transforming her into owl.  Well, that is mostly, done."  Turning to both Emerald and Gearink, "Do you think you'd be able to cast again, after a little rest?"  turning to Koli "Would you be willing to let them cast in a bit?"

Storm start looking around  "Wonder if the orb is still usable?"

OOC:Perception check to find the orb
Roll(1d20)+7:
14,+7
Total:21
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:20 pm

Bronymous wrote:"Well that was quite unpleasant." Her voice once again echoes out, and the glow disappears. In its place is what looks like a miniaturized version of Koli's head, with only a single horn left and huge emotive eyes. She sports a disproportionately smaller normal owl body, with two pairs of large (respectively) wings, which flap lazily as she hovers, and  no legs or talons that can be seen. "Haaaaaahhhhmmmmm... that's.... oh. Well, congratulations, I guess. It worked..." Her melancholy tone is enhanced by the sad look in her eyes as she drifts about in mid air.

"Yes, that certainly..."

Dodger clears his throat and looks away to not finish the sentence.

RavenscroftRaven wrote:Emerald smirks. "Well, you're much cuter now. And still a predator, I bet a mouse will fill you right up now, and you can travel with no problems whatsoever."

"She has a point," said Dodger. "Since you're no longer... quite so large... it would take much less to fill you up. And mice and similar creatures of that size are much less likely to be disagreeable, and dangerous, than ponies."
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:23 pm

"She's still a bit small." Gearick observed thoughtfully, before asking. "Koli, you okay with your new form? Specifically, do you have feet or talons or something, and we just can't see them?"
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  deonte9109 Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:47 am

Kanen slowly stood up rubbing his head.
"The buck you mean 'See'? This was a horrible idea. Somepony could've been blasted off the mountain side. You honestly had no idea what you was doing and...and..."
Kanen's eyes came across a small tannish object. In increasing horror, he felt his antlers and immediately discovered his worst fear. Kanen was missing one of the points on his antlers.
"AND YOU MADE ME LOSE A POINT ON MY ANTLERS! DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG IT TAKES TO GROW A SET! And then the damned transformation is disturbing. No talons or any semblance of feet. Some great magic user you are. I mean look at her, she looks miserable. Koli, can you honestly say that you're completely happy with this..this new form? Such a mockery of nature, you magic users are the same."
deonte9109
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:50 am

"Deer, shut up." Gearick snapped, again irritated by the ranting idiot. "The smart people are talking."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:10 am

"They're not horns, they're antlers. They deciduous, there's no growth rings like on rams or unicorns, so they likely shed and refresh yearly. So... Not long in the grand scheme of things. You'll have to share stories of how you chipped it instead of showing off the form of your antlers, this year." Emerald comments, but shakes her head in the negative.

"But now that our greatest threat is tiny back scratches, we've lost a LOT of time..." She looks to the other unicorn. "Oh right. We were lured here on the pretense that the feather-brain knew where to find our friend, which it clearly did not. Dunno how long you've been here, if you're dehydrated it's been a few days, so quick recent history for you: Celestia is dead, Luna didn't do it, whoever did is still at large, all major cities were wrecked in a simultaneous assault. A magical disease is running rampant in Neighagra Falls, a monster abducted my friend, we're looking to save her, also personal pet theory that the city's water supply is likely tainted by tiny amounts of Blue Moon poison, try to drink only upriver of the city, or bottled or refined drinks."

Her explanation is quick and rapid-fire. She turns to Rough Boulder. "That about summarizes it?"
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:17 am

"I know Celestia is dead. Reason I was up here in the first place... but I didn't know that other stuff.... who, or what assaulted the cities?"
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:18 am

Koli tilts to her left, fluttering about, and then falls to the ground. Her wings continue to flap as she slides along the ground. "Haaah... mmm... can't..." She flails about, shooting into the air again, doing a few rapid turns and loops. "I can't hear it... it's gone..." Her voice seems to have changed as well, adopting a higher pitch to accommodate her tinier form. She also sounds desperate. Flitting around a bit, she flies up to Gearick's horn and latches on. Still no sign of talons though. The flapping jostles his head. "Not hungry anymore... but I can't hear it, maybe like this... no..."

Storm finds what can be vaguely identified as the remains of the orb. A few broken pieces remain, but the rest is dust, and any power it had is completely gone.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:28 am

"Can't hear it?" Gearick asked, concerned for the little bird, and putting aside the annoyance that came up when she landed on his horn, which jostled his head. The fact that she could land showed she had something to grip with, which was good. However, her distress was obvious, and the unicorn wanted to get straight to the matter. "What can't you hear? What is gone?"
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:59 am

Storm still looking around for the orb, comments.

"So that pretty much sums it up. So Koli, are you satisfied with the transformation, or would you like us to try again? Also a possibility, would you like to try casting the spell? You do still actually have a horn."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:18 am

RavenscroftRaven wrote:"Oh right. We were lured here on the pretense that the feather-brain knew where to find our friend, which it clearly did not. Dunno how long you've been here, if you're dehydrated it's been a few days, so quick recent history for you: Celestia is dead, Luna didn't do it, whoever did is still at large, all major cities were wrecked in a simultaneous assault. A magical disease is running rampant in Neighagra Falls, a monster abducted my friend, we're looking to save her, also personal pet theory that the city's water supply is likely tainted by tiny amounts of Blue Moon poison, try to drink only upriver of the city, or bottled or refined drinks."

Her explanation is quick and rapid-fire. She turns to Rough Boulder. "That about summarizes it?"

"Don't forget that the monster is the leader of a gang of violent youths, most of which I assume have fled, and apparently has magical help. Plus there is a suspicious lumber yard and laboratory out there somewhere, which may or may not be connected," answered Dodger, equally rapid-fire.

He then turned his attention to Koli, waiting for the answer to Gearick's question. Storm's he cared less about - for what little constituted the deal, they TECHNICALLY fulfilled their end of the bargain.
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:30 pm

"It. There's no word for it." She struggles again, lifting away from Gearick and finding Kanen's antlers, hopping between points. "It's just it. It is how I brought you here, It is how I read minds, It is how I do everything, part of me, and It's disappeared. Hmmmmmaaaammm..." She comes to a stop on one of Kanen's points, but seems to twitch and quiver. "It's like... needing to move, and being stuck in a tiny box. You want to move but you can't. I need to hear it, but I can't."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next