Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inspiring Presence

+3
Stairc -Dan Felder
sunbeam
Quietkal
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Inspiring Presence - Page 2 Empty Re: Inspiring Presence

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:29 am

Christmas Presence
Creatures subjected to your 'Inspiring Presence' receive one "Present" at the start of each of their turns. A creature may spend a minor action to unwrap a present it has. When a creature unwraps one of your Presents, it rolls a d6 and gains one of the following benefits depending on the result.

1: Until the end of your next turn, you may use any combat talent you know (not just the ones you brought into this battle).
2: You gain 1d8 temporary hp.
3: You may roll twice on your next saving throw and take either result.
4: You deal +1d4 damage on your next attack.
5: You gain resist 2 until the start of your next turn.
6: Activate one of your special moves at random.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:54 am

How about this?

Stage Presence
Prerequisite: Inspiring Presence
You now subject all allies to your Inspiring Presence.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:58 am

Kindulas wrote:Note that I haven't read the entire thread, but I might suggest an idea for the templating. It is odd if there's a specific bonus to start with, so there shouldn't be a prereq one. However, I like the idea that all the bonuses fall under a single "Inspiring Presence," so that if you pick a bunch of these traits the beginning of your turn isn't a slow slog of "Who to give this buff, and now who needs this buff..." so I suggest a trait line that goes like this:

Inspiring Presence
At the beginning of your turn, choose two allies. Those allies are subjected to your "Inspiring Presence" until the start of your next turn.
When you take this trait, choose one of the following features. You may take this trait multiple times, each time choosing a different feature.

• Feature A
    Allies subject to your IP gain X
  • Feature B
    Allies subject to your IP gain Y

That's getting back to the "2 allies get a bunch of buffs," which is how this started and how it was before the "why limit support?" decision, where after everything could just go everywhere. I'd be okay with getting back to that, but I think at least separate the effects like how the Conjuror's Pet specials are separated.
Which would be separate traits and how they initially started, with grammar fixes of course.
Zarhon wrote:Just tossing a few ideas...

Uplifting Presence
Creatures subjected to your “Uplifting Presence” may flip a coin at the start of their turns. If they win the flip, they gain an extra minor action.

Selfless Presence
Whenever a creatures subjected to your "Selfless Presence" would be KO'd, its hp instead only goes down to a minimum of 1hp, whilst the remainder of the damage is dealt to you instead, and it loses the "Selfless Presence".

Generous Presence
Creatures subjected to your “Generous Presence” may use your pips to pay for the cost of their own abilities. Whenever they do so, you may roll a d8, d10, or d12.

Dreadful Presence
Creatures subjected to your “Dreadful Presence” may flip a coin at the start of their turns. If heads, their next attack used during that turn inflicts vulnerability 2 until the end of their next turn, in addition to its normal effects.
I'd had an idea that IP would just flat grant an additional minor to a creature, but that's really only helpful on multi-attack builds. Early game prepare spell as well, but any other minor is just too high a cost to cast twice or not worthwhile to cast it twice because the effect doesn't stack. Too situational, is what I'm getting at.
Selfless Presence is an interesting idea, but is a more complex Inexhaustible, with more potentially more ways to break it.
There's something that doesn't sit right with me about Generous Presence. It's balanced as far as I can tell, based on that [0] that lets an ally take action and pay your pips. But something just seems...bad about it. :#
Dreadful Presence seems alright, but it's a damage increase geared to multi-attack when there's already a damage increase balanced because of multi-attack.
Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:Christmas Presence
Creatures subjected to your 'Inspiring Presence' receive one "Present" at the start of each of their turns. A creature may spend a minor action to unwrap a present it has. When a creature unwraps one of your Presents, it rolls a d6 and gains one of the following benefits depending on the result.

1: Until the end of your next turn, you may use any combat talent you know (not just the ones you brought into this battle).
2: You gain 1d8 temporary hp.
3: You may roll twice on your next saving throw and take either result.
4: You deal +1d4 damage on your next attack.
5: You gain resist 2 until the start of your next turn.
6: Activate one of your special moves at random.
Delibird used Present!
I'm a fan of random, and most seem useful without all of them always being useful. I like it. Not sure how I feel about the minor action to unwrap it.
Ramsus wrote:How about this?

Stage Presence
The system tries to avoid "all allies." Let's keep with the "twice as many may be subjected."
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:54 pm

Um... no it doesn't. It says "all allies" in quite a few places actually.

Examples:
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:42 pm

Ramsus wrote:How about this?

Stage Presence
We actually decided that even a trait to subject 1 extra ally was too much, because it basically gave you 1 action for each feature you have, which means as soon as you have three features, you're getting too much value out of the trait, then you get more and more...
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:29 pm

I made the unwrapping the Present a minor action because I thought it helped the flavor. Like it was an actual present you unwrapped. =)
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:08 pm

Question about the official version: can you take it multiple times, taking different sub-features each time? It doesn't say so, but it was implied in this thread that would be a thing.
Pbffffft Improved Presence. My bad.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:40 pm

If you guys work on a version of Christmas Presence and get it ready, I'll make Kindulas put it in. =)

For some reason, I just like the idea of it so much.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:52 pm

Generous Presence -Subfeature of Inspiring Presence
Allies subjected to your Inspiring Presence may spend a minor action to roll a d6 and activate the relevant effect.
1: Flip a coin. If you win the flip, you may choose another effect of Generous Presence and activate it as though the die had rolled that result.
2: You gain resist 2 until the start of your next turn.
3: You gain regen 2 until the start of your next turn.
4: You may immediately attempt a save throw.
5: You gain 2d4 temporary hp.
6: You gain 1 energy.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:00 pm

Double post.
I've been thinking about an enemy debuff version of Inspiring Presence, appropriate changed in name of course. Current thoughts run along the lines of:

Imposing Presence -Combat Trait
At the beginning of your turn, choose up to two target creatures. Those creatures are subjected to your "Imposing Presence" until the start of your next turn.
Creatures subjected to your Imposing Presence suffer a -1 penalty to damage.

Dreadful Presence -Combat Trait
At the beginning of your turn, choose up to two target creatures. Those creatures are subjected to your "Dreadful Presence" until the start of your next turn.
Creatures subjected to your Dreadful Presence suffer a -2 penalty to save throws.

Burning Presence -Combat Trait
At the beginning of your turn, choose up to two target creatures. Those creatures are subjected to your "Burning Presence" until the start of your next turn.
Creatures subjected to your Burning Presence suffer Ongoing 1.*

Noxious Presence -Combat Trait
At the beginning of your turn, choose up to two target creatures. Those creatures are subjected to your "Noxious Presence" until the start of your next turn.
Creatures subjected to your Noxious Presence suffer Vulnerability 1 to the first attack they receive while under Noxious Presence.*

*Previous effect ends before new effect is applied. So an increased Ongoing from this effect would be removed and replaced by Ongoing 1 at the start of each of your turns, and a repeatedly targeted enemy would suffer Vuln 1 to the first attack they receive each turn.

Thoughts?
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum