Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HORSETRON: Defender of Equestria

+3
tygerburningbright
Fury of the Tempest
ZamuelNow
7 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

HORSETRON: Defender of Equestria Empty HORSETRON: Defender of Equestria

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:02 pm

Morning breaks as new day greets Equestria.  Little does anyone know, great calamity awaits the kingdom as enemies plot and scheme.  However, champions prepare to meet their destinies...

Princess Terra had just arrived in Manehattan.  She was urged with news that something ancient had been discovered and it would be of importance for her to look into it.

Meanwhile, Ancient Record was in the bustling metropolis for similar but different reasons.  Numerous artifacts had been popping up on the black market without any known source...

Diamond Dust had managed to settle into a comfortable job as a security guard in Baltimare.  It seemed reasonable, for now...

An understaffed clinic in Baltimare has just taken on a new employee, a wanderer named Silver Night.

Flying in to Baltimare, the keen eye of Sky Wolf spots smoke coming from a building in the distance.

OOC:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

HORSETRON: Defender of Equestria Empty Re: HORSETRON: Defender of Equestria

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:32 pm

Sky Wolf had come into the town to sleep on a bed and to get supplies for his journey. However, when he spotted the smoke, all thoughts of himself vanished. Spreading his wings, the pegasus took flight to investigate the smoke closer. He wouldn't be surprised if there was a fire occurring, and if it was happening, it meant there was ponies that required his aid.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:39 pm

Terra carefully reexamines whatever material she has on the artifact as she quickly heads to its location. Already she is thinking of any potential use it may have. Briefly a thought wondering why it would be so important to require her immediately view it personally and following that thought is one wondering if not everything is as it seems...
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:02 pm

Diamond Dust cheerfully gets all of his things together for his job. It was a brand new day, and the citizens of Equestria needed their security guards to protect them. Sure, most of the time his job involved a lot of standing around and giving ponies directions, but that was important too. Besides, anything could happen and he needed to be ready for it!
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathstorm50 Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:21 pm

Silver Night rushed about his place of employment for his stay in Baltimare. He was no stranger to understaffed clinics, they being the majority of his income as a traveller, and it took only a few minutes to get the lay of the place. Now he was busy trying to fill prescriptions, moving along the path from the counter to the supply closet, and staring forlornly at the closet's slowly dwindling supply. He came to Baltimare to do this sort of thing, in the name of his old friend, but it still felt wrong.

'There must be more than this, surely. I bet I could do more, if I had the chance...'
Deathstorm50
Deathstorm50
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:58 pm

Ancient paces back and forth in his hotel room, worried about his mission in the city. The fact that artifacts, things he held closely to his heart, were being passed around on the black market would be enough for him to turn the city inside out if it wasn't for his fear. Ancient didn't want to deal with the black market, but also thought that if he told anypony, he would lose the artifacts forever. Sighing, he walks out into the city.
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:43 pm

An indigo earth pony stallion with a pale white mane solemnly bowed to Terra.  "Forgive the intrusion of your time Princess.  My name is Royal Riff and we've made a discovery that we weren't sure it was safe to send by courier."  Taking time to open a hatch in the floor, he pointed to an old yet surprisingly clean tunnel.  "This city is built on top of...something.  Our ability to explore has been limited but it seems this tunnel system is massive.  There's entrances in a few different parts of the city."

Sky Wolf could see that the smoke was coming from a store of some sort.  Flames obscured the signs that would have indicated what it was.  A few ponies nearby were panicking but assistance had not arrived yet.

As if his day wasn't busy enough, Silver Night could overhear somepony bust through the door shouting in terror.  "HELP! MY SHOP'S ON FIRE AND MY FAMILY'S STILL TRAPPED INSIDE!"

There was a gentle knock on his door as a white earth pony mare with a yellow, purple, and pink mane addressed Ancient Record.  "I would be ecstatic to finally meet you if it weren't for the situation at had.  I'm the one in charge of this investigation but needed an expert on the research side of things.  While a lot of artifacts have been filtering through the criminal underworld, we've also found a number of fakes mingled in.  Recently discovered a large cache of them and need a little assistance on sorting it all out."

It was a beautiful day as Diamond Dust headed to work.  Birds chirping, butterflies fluttering about, and buildings on fire.  One of those seemed out of the ordinary.  It was a detour from his job that might make him late unless he chose to ignore it.

OOC:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:51 pm

As Sky Wolf flew in to land, he could feel his mind emptying as it clicked into a focused state. Sky Wolf ignored everything else around him and focused on purely on the build. The pegasus scanned it, trying to find any signs of life hidden in the smoke. At the same time, he tried to make a template of the building's construction in his head. Noting the position of the windows and doors, and seeing into the rooms thought the openings. Smoke was hard to see though, but Sky Wolf was used to looking though even the thickest and darkest of clouds while rain was pouring down. Darkness wouldn't defeat him either, the pegasus able to make his way through a maze in pure darkness, so go was his vision.

Perception:
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:26 am

Diamond Dust stopped in his tracks. A fire? What if there was somepony in there? But if he went, would he just get in the way of the ponies whose jobs it was to help? He stood there fidgeting for a few seconds, then charged forward. If nothing else, he could help break down doors.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:35 am

Ancient sighs in relief, glad that there were artifacts already rescued. "I'm happy to help. Please, lead the way." He says, gesturing for the mare to do so.
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathstorm50 Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:30 am

'Well, today just got more interesting.'

Silver Night rushed out into the lobby, and immediately started looking over the pony in question.

Perception Check on Pony:

Afterwards, he tries to talk to the pony, calming him if he's panicked.

"Hello, sir. Please calm down, and tell me what's happening."

Persuasion attempt:
Deathstorm50
Deathstorm50
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:37 pm

Terra gives the pony a small smile. " It is no true intrusion if it truly is as important as you said. What you say is interesting but is there anything that you can show or explain to me immediately?"
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:50 pm

"Well, Princess, that's up to you.  I can show you some of what we've discovered if you're willing to follow."

Sky Wolf could see a grey unicorn stallion racing towards the building which seemed to be some sort of tailor's shop.  The fire was moving...abnormally.  It seemed to be lashing out at bystanders and while nearby buildings were scorched, the fire wasn't spreading at all. In fact, the building almost seemed to be burning in slow motion considering the amount of fire and the building's construction.  It was subtle but you realized the flame seemed to be slightly darkening the nearby area rather than brightening it. Through the smoke and haze seemed to be two figures blocked by a solid wall of flame that periodically opened and closed like a saloon's doors.

While there was a definite smell of smoke, Silver Night could could see that the earth pony stallion was otherwise unharmed.  It took a bit for him to calm down but eventually he responded to the medic's inquiry.  "It was a perfectly normal day at first.  Had a few saddlebags to stitch and then I was going to help my neighbor fix his roof.  Then all of a sudden, a flame erupted from the back room.  I tried see if I could put it out but I heard some sort of chime and the flame pushed me outside.  I...I didn't know what to do."

"The name's Puzzlemint by the way.  It's a short distance from here so we'll just walk."  After trotting a couple blocks away the hotel, the pair came to a large warehouse.  Upon opening it, they could see multiple pallets with boxes sitting on them.  "I guess this is the part where you do your stuff."

When Diamond Dust arrived, he could see wisps of flame whipping about.  He could spot a light blue pegasus in the air but everypony else was keeping their distance.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:07 pm

"Thank you." Ancient says, thinking more about the boxes than the words. Ancient opens the closest box and begins looking through the contents.
rolls:

Last edited by Colter Bolt on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:18 pm

Sky Wolf read the situation presented before him and frowned at what he saw. So, he wasn't dealing with a natural fire here... this complicated matters. Normal fires where easier to deal with, dangerous of course, but one knew how to deal with the fire. This was different however, as the fire almost seemed... well, alive. Still, it seemed that there was a way to retrieve the figures trapped within it without risk of getting burned. He just hoped the figures he saw were ponies.Sky Wolf beckoned the grey stallion towards himself, even as he said out loud. "I presume you are here to provide aid to the current situation?" However, he didn't focus on the stallion. Instead, he was trying to figure out and memorize the pattern of the opening and closing of the fire doors.

(Dunno what roll to make)
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathstorm50 Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:57 pm

Silver's enthusiasm for something truly interesting happening was tempered greatly by his worry of the pony's family trapped with a strange fire.

"Would you mind taking me to your shop? I'm sure I can help you." Silver smiled at the poor stallion. "Don't worry, your family will be fine."  He sincerely hoped he could keep that promise.

Silver Night looked back, and called to his (temporary) boss, "Hey, I'm taking off early today, something's come up!" Then he turned and trotted after the stallion, heading towards the strange fire.

Last edited by Deathstorm50 on Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Pissing AutoCorrect)
Deathstorm50
Deathstorm50
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:02 pm

It took Diamond Dust a second to realize the pegasus was addressing him."Yes! What should we do? Is anypony in there?
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:48 pm

"It would be rather odd for me to come here and then do nothing so lead the way."
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:36 pm

Beckoning for Princess Terra to follow, the group started to descend into the tunnel.  It had a downward incline that eventually led to a stone wall.  Royal Riff placed his front hooves into two etched grooves and slid the "wall" aside to reveal a new intersection that split into multiple hallways.  The walls were now much more elaborate and ornate.  Leading forward, the group soon came to a solid wall with the seal of the royal court engraved into it.  "This one we haven't been able to get into.  Considering the design, I was wondering if you might have more luck with it."

Silver Night's boss looked at him but didn't say anything.  The stallion galloped ahead as he led Silver Night to the burning building where a pegasus and unicorn stallion were standing outside...

Now closer to the burning building, Sky Wolf and Diamond Dust could hear cries of help coming from within...

Puzzlemint looked over Ancient Record's shoulder as he sorted through the first box.  There were numerous small figurines.  About half were genuine relics while the other half seemed like fakes.  However, for the worth they could bring, the storage seemed a little rushed. "So what's the verdict?"
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:46 pm

Upon hearing the cries, Diamond Dust immediately attempts to get into the house.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:59 pm

Sky Wolf put a leg in front of him, saying. "Not so eager, I know where they are, and I can guide you to do. They don't seem to be in too much danger compared to us. I need you to follow me lead, do exactly what I say, when I say it, in order to ensure our success. Can you do that?"
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:05 pm

Diamond Dust tries to calm down . The blue pegasus was right. He weakly nods, then looks anxiously back towards the house.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:29 pm

"Alright, lets go. Follow right behind me." Sky Wolf said, calm and measured, as always. After saying this, the pegasus moved forwards, wings tucked in. He didn't break out into a full gallop, but accelerated to a steady canter, all the while keep an eye on the flames around the house, wary of them lashing out at them in an attempt to keep them away.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:35 pm

As they entered and dodged the flames, Sky Wolf and Diamond Dust could hear a distinct whistling sound as the surrounding air pressure suddenly shifted.

OOC:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:54 pm

Terra slowly walks up to the wall and reaches out with a single hoof to the seal.

If nothing happens:
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next