Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Take these broken wings and learn to fly: S4 Pony Discussion (Screened episodes only)

+13
Jason Shadow
DrownedChampion
Cardbo
ZamuelNow
AProcrastinatingWriter
Paper Shadow
Copper Rose
Pingcode
Curunir
Lapis-Lazily
Xel Unknown
Zarhon
LoganAura
17 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Take these broken wings and learn to fly: S4 Pony Discussion (Screened episodes only) - Page 5 Empty Re: Take these broken wings and learn to fly: S4 Pony Discussion (Screened episodes only)

Post  Dusk Raven Sun May 11, 2014 10:13 pm

Well, I was hoping for an epic finale. I was not disappointed.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Take these broken wings and learn to fly: S4 Pony Discussion (Screened episodes only) - Page 5 Empty Re: Take these broken wings and learn to fly: S4 Pony Discussion (Screened episodes only)

Post  TheCavalry Mon May 12, 2014 5:33 pm

Thanks for the video! Season 4 hasn't actually started here yet, but getting to see the finale rather than watching it spoiled, months later, is great.

Both episodes being cut together like that, combined with the awesome animation, super high stakes and shutouts to every major character of the show kind of makes this feel like a movie experience, and I really enjoyed it. I'm actually torn on whether I prefer this or Canterlot Wedding as Best Finale; I have no knowledge of Tirek beyond what was shown on this episode, so he doesn't have that advantage over Chrysallis.

And wow, was that ending big. It was downright Apocalyptic, with the bright red skies and scorched earth and, oh yes, the princesses being chained in hell.

That being said, the Rainbow Pony power-up designs are... not good. I'll admit, I liked the colours of Rainbows mane being in motion, but that was about it- and the sheer size of Rainbows hair sort of killed any attempt at treating it seriously.

The six thrones at the end though, arranged in a circle like Arthur's knights? And Spike getting some respect by having a mini-throne next to Twilight's?
Awesome.

Wild theory: the letters/journal entries next season will involve the mane six memorialising the lesson of the episode in stained glass decorations for the new palace.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5