Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Take these broken wings and learn to fly: S4 Pony Discussion (Screened episodes only)

+13
Jason Shadow
DrownedChampion
Cardbo
ZamuelNow
AProcrastinatingWriter
Paper Shadow
Copper Rose
Pingcode
Curunir
Lapis-Lazily
Xel Unknown
Zarhon
LoganAura
17 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Take these broken wings and learn to fly: S4 Pony Discussion (Screened episodes only) - Page 4 Empty Re: Take these broken wings and learn to fly: S4 Pony Discussion (Screened episodes only)

Post  Cardbo Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:58 pm

- The plot of this episode could very well work with *any* of the Mane Six (maybe not Rainbow Dash). All could potentially have horrible results. There's gonna be so many dark-fics after this episode.

Seems like a unicorn only thing. Not sure it'd work for Earth Ponies and Pegasi. I will say that it went to the one pony who'd be most corrupted by its power.
Cardbo
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Take these broken wings and learn to fly: S4 Pony Discussion (Screened episodes only) - Page 4 Empty Re: Take these broken wings and learn to fly: S4 Pony Discussion (Screened episodes only)

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:12 pm

Miserable Rarity:
Best new hairstyle
Best fatty eating ice cream
Best God

This episode made me so legitimately happy.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:27 am

Cardbo wrote:

- The plot of this episode could very well work with *any* of the Mane Six (maybe not Rainbow Dash). All could potentially have horrible results. There's gonna be so many dark-fics after this episode.

Seems like a unicorn only thing.  Not sure it'd work for Earth Ponies and Pegasi.  I will say that it went to the one pony who'd be most corrupted by its power.  
I can imagine Rarity actually being among the more timid of the choices. She has her creativity and fashion-fixation making 'relatively' harmless changes at start, or changes that work off aesthetic (which sort of allows a degree of function). Other's fixations can cause a lot more trouble, potentially.

Fluttershy would be animal oriented - unleashing a literal zoo/jungle/safari into Ponyville and devolving into a Dr. Moreau geneticist, or making things more animal-friendly than it is pony-friendly.

Twilight would be fixated on magic and/or science (books/knowledge) - in other words, Skynet-level technology cock-ups, Megaspells, the usual 'annihilation of the concept of physics via breaking reality', or if focused on books, forcing all entertainment and aspects of life to be 'in a book', or expressed via literature. The most destructive potential by far, though likely the one most 'curbed' at start, given enough discipline and self-control.

Rainbow Dash would either be completely harmless (utter lack of creativity or aspirations for such), or create a dare-devil world where everypony has wings, is genetically altered to be 20% cooler, and racing flying sharks is part of daily routine / survival. Also, everything turning rainbows, and the dorky/egghead stuff being disregarded/altered to fit her ideals (and thus bringing dysfunction).

Applejack would be fixated on apples. Her lack of creativity would result in a world that would be reflected as such - apple trees everywhere, and a devolution of all aspects of society to agriculture. It could also reflect her 'creations' by being shoddy, designed precariously, or being 'simple'. Also, apples everywhere. Nice way to ruin an ecosystem.

Pinkie Pie would just turn the world into an endless party. And would almost certainly be the first to mentally snap when her utter lack of knowledge in non-party fields interferes with the functioning of the world (as we've seen her bumbling during the Weird Al episode - no surgeon would want their OR 'partified') and thus makes everyone miserable, despite parties. She's also pretty much most likely to go haywire with it.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:15 am

Zarhon wrote:
Cardbo wrote:

Seems like a unicorn only thing.  Not sure it'd work for Earth Ponies and Pegasi.  I will say that it went to the one pony who'd be most corrupted by its power.  
I can imagine Rarity actually being among the more timid of the choices. She has her creativity and fashion-fixation making 'relatively' harmless changes at start, or changes that work off aesthetic (which sort of allows a degree of function). Other's fixations can cause a lot more trouble, potentially.

Fluttershy would be animal oriented - unleashing a literal zoo/jungle/safari into Ponyville and devolving into a Dr. Moreau geneticist, or making things more animal-friendly than it is pony-friendly.

Twilight would be fixated on magic and/or science (books/knowledge) - in other words, Skynet-level technology cock-ups, Megaspells, the usual 'annihilation of the concept of physics via breaking reality', or if focused on books, forcing all entertainment and aspects of life to be 'in a book', or expressed via literature. The most destructive potential by far, though likely the one most 'curbed' at start, given enough discipline and self-control.

Rainbow Dash would either be completely harmless (utter lack of creativity or aspirations for such), or create a dare-devil world where everypony has wings, is genetically altered to be 20% cooler, and racing flying sharks is part of daily routine / survival. Also, everything turning rainbows, and the dorky/egghead stuff being disregarded/altered to fit her ideals (and thus bringing dysfunction).

Applejack would be fixated on apples. Her lack of creativity would result in a world that would be reflected as such - apple trees everywhere, and a devolution of all aspects of society to agriculture. It could also reflect her 'creations' by being shoddy, designed precariously, or being 'simple'. Also, apples everywhere. Nice way to ruin an ecosystem.

Pinkie Pie would just turn the world into an endless party. And would almost certainly be the first to mentally snap when her utter lack of knowledge in non-party fields interferes with the functioning of the world (as we've seen her bumbling during the Weird Al episode - no surgeon would want their OR 'partified') and thus makes everyone miserable, despite parties. She's also pretty much most likely to go haywire with it.

I'm expecting Twilight to be more sensible with Artifacts of Doom, Rainbow Dash not caring since its not a Daring Doo novel, Applejack similarly not caring for because its not Apple or farm related, same Fluttershy as its not animal related, and lastly the same with Pinkie Pie.  However Rarity is a unicorn, and fashion designer.  She prides herself on creativity being her schtick, so when a spell that she can use comes along and allows her to put the ideas in her head and make them a reality, its really no wonder she fell off the deep-end here even without the magical curse.

Also, anyone want to bet that this isn't the last we see of the spell?  I'm betting it'll play a major role in the final three episodes.

Next three episodes:
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:03 am

Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:13 am

Agreed. Was that guy supposed to be a reference to someone, or did he just win voice actor roulette?
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:23 am

Bronymous wrote:

Agreed. Was that guy supposed to be a reference to someone, or did he just win voice actor roulette?
Honestly, I'm not actually sure. The credits at the end say that Jay Brazeau played a character called Claude, and since I don't know any other character in the episode having speaking lines that could be worth enough to be mentioned at the end with a name, I assume Claude is the puppeteer...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:21 pm

Bronymous wrote:Agreed. Was that guy supposed to be a reference to someone, or did he just win voice actor roulette?
According to TV tropes, the puppeteer ('Claude') is a mixture of being a Willy Wonka (clothing) and WC fields (voice) reference.
Cardbo wrote:Also, anyone want to bet that this isn't the last we see of the spell?  I'm betting it'll play a major role in the final three episodes.
Last two episodes, you mean, since the next episode isn't part of the two-part finale.
Next Episode:
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat May 03, 2014 4:33 pm

Have some new episode!

Equestria Games

Commentaries:

Highlights:
- Spike gets what is quite easily the crowning awkward/embarrassing moment of awkward/embarrassing moments.
- Spike has performance issues, but gets over them.
- Flame breath upgrade! Kinda.
- What kind of safety standards allows ice archery. In a stadium where anypony is viable to get hit by one stray arrow and freeze/impale them to death.
- Magic-blocking technology for optimal cheat-prevention and handy-alicorn/unicorn-plot-solving-prevention! Surprising it's the only thing they do. No search for hidden contraband or weapons?
- Team Dash gets a 'great, but not best' conclusion to their contest, handled extremely anti-climactically. Same with the rest of the contest. I guess they're kinda trying to boast Olympic ''good sportsmanship'?
- New rulers of nations! Who get very little screen-time.
- Cherry Jubilee is apparently either a very prominent brothel owner, or the owner/mayor of Dodge Junction, considering her spot in the VIP booth.
- Bulk Biceps has a mother! (in the audience, right side of VIP booth).
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Shadow Sat May 03, 2014 7:40 pm

So far, there have been only two points in this series that I could not bring myself to watch the first time through (although that didn't stop me from listening to the audio as I cringed). The first was the CMC's song in "The Show Stoppers". The second was Spike's song in this episode. Sometimes I'm too empathetic for my own good; when watching situations like this, I'm practically an embarrassment sponge.

Also, as gimmicky as ice arrows are for just sport, it looks like it would be cool (if you'll pardon the pun) for combat purposes. Plus we learn how the heck pony archery works for non-unicorns.

...Was anyone else slightly disappointed that none of those archers even slightly resembled Haley Starshine?
Jason Shadow
Jason Shadow
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun May 04, 2014 2:00 am

Jason Shadow wrote:So far, there have been only two points in this series that I could not bring myself to watch the first time through (although that didn't stop me from listening to the audio as I cringed). The first was the CMC's song in "The Show Stoppers". The second was Spike's song in this episode. Sometimes I'm too empathetic for my own good; when watching situations like this, I'm practically an embarrassment sponge.
Aye, I saw what was coming, and skipped the hell out of it too. I can't stand awkward humour. It took my literally 20-30 minutes to watch the "fashion" show from Suited for Success because I just couldn't watch it...

Anti-Magic and Ice Arrows confirmed. No campaign will ever be the same...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon May 05, 2014 9:53 pm

If there are Ice Arrows... By logic there are also fire and light arrows... TRUE FACTS!
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon May 05, 2014 11:08 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:If there are Ice Arrows... By logic there are also fire and light arrows... TRUE FACTS!

Also the Triforce exists and Ganon is about take Canterlot!
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Mon May 05, 2014 11:18 pm

Cardbo wrote:
Xel Unknown wrote:If there are Ice Arrows... By logic there are also fire and light arrows... TRUE FACTS!

Someone needs to run this campaign now (not me - not until I finish the Elements series of campaigns)
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon May 05, 2014 11:50 pm

Copper Rose wrote:
Cardbo wrote:

Someone needs to run this campaign now (not me - not until I finish the Elements series of campaigns)

If someone does decide to start it, let me know, I'd love to play.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue May 06, 2014 12:04 am

Same... be it skype or play by post... a Zelda/Pony game seems like only pure awesome. Just try not to do too much of the ice blox puzzles.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Tue May 06, 2014 12:11 am

Yes! Little Boxes!

Pushing Little Boxes!

Boxes for the Chosen One!
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Tue May 06, 2014 12:18 am

IT'S DANGEROUS TO GO ALONE

TAKE THIS DERAIL
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Tue May 06, 2014 12:49 am

Take these broken wings and learn to fly: S4 Pony Discussion (Screened episodes only) - Page 4 1143362243714_zps562b8231
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat May 10, 2014 5:19 pm

Finale episodes!

Twilight's Kingdom, pt1 & pt2

FINALE COMMENTARIES OF ULTIMATE SHOWDOWN OF ULTIMATE DESTINY:

Highlights of finale:
- Tirek! He starts scrawny, then grows, but his end appearance ends up not matching his start size. So there's that. He also doesn't look all that uncanny, despite being a centaur-thing. The whole 'magic between curved horns' is also a cool touch. Very good villain.
- Glimpse of the past! A potential new plot hook in the form of Scorpan, and confirmation of Starswirl's appearance/race.
- Tartarus seems very poorly defended in general. And has room for three, tops.
- Alicorn magic seems to be in charge of the sun/moon rotation.
- Alicorn magic is apparently the equivalent of megaspells. So Fallout Equestria confirmed, I guess.
- Derpy!
- Twilight gets a huge focus. Which is good for her, but bad for the rest of the Mane Six, who get marginal roles these two episodes.
- 34:00 - 35:30 in the video. Just go and watch it. Wow. This show started from 'cartoon for girls' and evolved to 'Dragon Ball Z'.
- Rainbow Power! Because the Elements of Harmony are for wusses, and toys need to be sold.
- Discord. Discord Discord Discord. He displays both a massive amount of villainous-backstab-idiocy and a massive lack of moral fibre with his outright betrayal. Sure, he gets the karmic betrayal of his own and learns a lesson (which then saves the day), but it doesn't erase the fact the episode's troubles wouldn't have happened in the first place if he had done as he was asked/intended.
- The whole 'Discord provides the key' plot element? Though fitting, it was kind of predictable after the first part. Especially after they pretty much signal what Twilight needs to do for her final key.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat May 10, 2014 6:25 pm

Welllllllll.... better than the last Finale, that's for sure. And they finally learned how to actually fight. I don't think anyone can still claim this is a little girl's show after they destroyed half the country.

Something seems off about it though. It seemed kind of.... final. Probably wrong, but it seemed like the high point to end on. Like a certain carnivorous fish had been present, and certain individuals may or may not have gone airborne over said animal. The shameless Rainbow Pony marketing didn't help, though, and the end was kind of rushed, but whatever. Good fight scene made it good.

Inb4 splice of Twilight lowering the moon, and the Majora's Mask moon killing everyone.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Sun May 11, 2014 2:05 am

I had assumed Twilight would've taken over the Castle of the Royal Pony Sisters. They did somewhat build up to that with all the focus its gotten, and the restoration work done on it. Nope, inside magic chest is magic castle.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun May 11, 2014 2:24 am

Magic CRYSTAL TREEHOUSE LIBRARY Castle.

I was thinking about something. When was "It's about time"? Season 2? And Cerberus escaping was just a minor plot point in that episode. And they used THAT as the hook for this. How awesome would it be if that became the norm for this show? Every little detail and minor thing could be scrutinized, and it could at any moment be called back to as the beginning of a cause and effect train to some epic event. That would be pretty awesome, going beyond simple continuity.

Time for some S5 predictions based on this premise.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sun May 11, 2014 2:40 am

We meet the child of that one dragon who's scales were embedded with gems and looked just like the Mane 6's dragon costume?
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun May 11, 2014 11:17 am

Zarhon wrote:- Tirek! He starts scrawny, then grows, but his end appearance ends up not matching his start size. So there's that. He also doesn't look all that uncanny, despite being a centaur-thing. The whole 'magic between curved horns' is also a cool touch. Very good villain.
The trick is that they seemed to have made his facial structure more like a babboon instead of overtly human like is original appearance. G4 Tirek's plot actually has shoutouts to multiple G1 villains.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next