Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sun Sets

+6
deonte9109
Fury of the Tempest
Copper Rose
A1C Bronymous
Paper Shadow
Cardbo
10 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Sun Sets Empty The Sun Sets

Post  Cardbo Wed May 21, 2014 9:51 pm

"You know, scratch that.  I'm exhausted, as I'm sure the rest of you all are.  However, if we all go to sleep now, its very likely I'll have passed to the next stage of infection by the morning."

"I'm going to try going into the Void Window and see if I can cure myself.  If that works, we can try it with others."

"If it doesn't work, and it may not, I'm going to ask you to take these two vials"  Storm removes both the white and green vials and hooves them over to Bells. "And take them to a burnt out husk of tree on the plains east of here.  Touching the tree should teleport you inside.  There is somepony there also working on a cure for the poison.  These vials may be nothing or they may be vital.  Dodger found the white vial.  The green vial was found near Figurehead.   This, and this are my notes on the vial." He passes two sheets of paper with notes on them to Bells.

"Lastly, I'd like to try curing Chuckles here."  Storm nods to the unicorn hanging from the ceiling. "Do you think you'd be up to casting a cloudwalking spell on him?  Getting him downstairs would be much easier this way"

Storm hops off his personal cloud and nods to the unicorn.

*Storm lost green vial!
*Storm lost white vial!
*Storm lost white vial notes!
Cardbo
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

The Sun Sets Empty Re: The Sun Sets

Post  Paper Shadow Wed May 21, 2014 11:23 pm

Bronymous wrote:"...A Chicagoat... what?" "I think it means bodybag. He's dead?" "Have there been a lot of casualties so far? And what's this about a cure?"
Night Scales nods to confirm the death. "I don't know how many ponies are taking the big sleep, and I don't know anything about this 'cure' other than the stallion brewing it up and why he won't be brewing it anymore."
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed May 21, 2014 11:35 pm

"Well counting the two that may or may not have been pushed out a window, that confirms at least 3." "We have to report in to our Sergeant at the Town Hall. He's communicating with police, so any report you have to make with your higher ups may as well come with ours."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Wed May 21, 2014 11:47 pm

Bells nods and attempts to remove the ring on her horn so that she can cast the spell... (rolls needed?)
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed May 21, 2014 11:53 pm

Bronymous wrote:"Well counting the two that may or may not have been pushed out a window, that confirms at least 3." "We have to report in to our Sergeant at the Town Hall. He's communicating with police, so any report you have to make with your higher ups may as well come with ours."
"We should get a move on then." Night Scales turns her head back to look at the dee- and he's gone. Of course. She turns it again to face the guards once more as she puts her ID away...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu May 22, 2014 12:31 am

Scales:
The Guards nod and take flight, expecting you to do the same.

Bells:
It occurs to you that the ring would be fairly pointless if you could just pull it off.

A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu May 22, 2014 12:51 am

Scales follows the guards into the air...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu May 22, 2014 1:33 am

Scales:
Following the guards, it takes no more than two minutes to reach town hall. From the air, you can see the situation in town hasn't changed much from the last time you were outside. There are a handful of Royal Guards around the Town Hall, though, so they must have arrived at some point while you were in Figure Head's house.

You go inside Town Hall, and the Guards speak to the receptionist. She gives them directions, and one of them waves for you to follow. After a short walk you are in the Mayor's office. It isn't the largest rooms, but there are no less than 25 ponies inside, having a number of discussions. The Guards approach another Pony of clearly higher rank. His Armor is a pale blue, rather than Gold, and is styled differently. He himself is Slate Grey with a blue mane to match his armor. His Cutie Mark is a semi-disturbing open mouth with several tongues sticking out. He is speaking to your boss, Chief Inspector Jock Clueso, and Mayor Hardwood. The Guards give their report to their Sergeant, and Clueso and Hardwood look at you expectantly. "So, what did you learn from Figure Head?"
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu May 22, 2014 1:47 am

"I got some bad news. He's kicked the bucket," replies Scales...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu May 22, 2014 3:00 am

Scales:
The bad news just keeps getting worse. Hardwood fails to muffle his swearing as he turns away. Clueso looks simply distraught, and neither of them respond right away. Instead, the Guard Sergeant approaches you. "What do you know about his death? Who or what killed him?"
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu May 22, 2014 12:16 pm

"Yeah... need to fight though the exhaustion." Gearick said with a nod, shaking his head to clear his mind. When Storm requested for a cloud-walking spell, whilst Bells still had her horn on tight, Gearick wondered if he should attempt it himself.... he then shook his head and turned to his fellow unicorn, and began carefully inspecting the magic-blocker, seeing if he could see a way to remove it... or if he weakened it, the ring could be broken.

Perception:
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu May 22, 2014 12:56 pm

Gearick:
(Royal Guard Magic Tech Profession Bonus: +5)
On the ring is a small piece of yellow glass, set into a depression. You know that this piece works as a magical locking mechanism, and reacts with a magically powered "key" to unlock the ring. Not having that, a sufficient amount of raw magical force might overload it and short out the mechanism.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu May 22, 2014 1:42 pm

Bronymous wrote:Scales:
The bad news just keeps getting worse. Hardwood fails to muffle his swearing as he turns away. Clueso looks simply distraught, and neither of them respond right away. Instead, the Guard Sergeant approaches you. "What do you know about his death? Who or what killed him?"
"I didn't get a good gander at the crime scene, zombies were crashing the joint at that point and I wanted to skedaddle, but..."
Copper Rose wrote:"I am not sure exactly, but recently. The same explosion that killed him knocked me out a room and a hallway away."
"A witness inside said that there was an explosion. The geezer was covered with slime and dust, so that might be the case."
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu May 22, 2014 1:56 pm

Scales
The Guard smirks a bit at your accent. "Neat dialect. So there was a witness?" One of the other guards stepped forward. "Witness, maybe. We encountered a foreign Unicorn female, I believe at the same house. She was seen standing above two ponies who "fell" out a window. We have reason to believe she was involved, but left her at the house in order to report in." The accented guard interjects, "I don't know that she was involved, she seemed sincere... but if she was than it means she also could have been involved with this other death as well." "That's fine. Chief Clueso," he says, turning to the chief. "Murder investigation isn't technically our prerogative right now, but insofar that a cure was in the works and then the one making it was killed... I want to look into this. Tell the mayor to speak with BuckSgt Flowers to coordinate with Guard personnel. I'm going to go see this 'witness'. Where did you leave her?" "She was cuffed and suppressed, and we left her immobilized in her bedroom. Should still be there." "Then we'll head that way. As this is partly your investigation, will you accompany me, Ms...?"
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu May 22, 2014 2:16 pm

"No key, and I don't have the type of power needed to break-though the lock without a surge." Gearick observed, rubbing his chin as he thought through the process. "I could try and weaken the ring and break it, but I don't want to upset the guard any more than necessary. In fact it might be best to wait for them to come back so we can discuss with them what's going on, as well as help one another."
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu May 22, 2014 2:18 pm

"The witness was a red unicorn dame. Let me in the place when I knocked and said she knew Figure Tread. And I'll tag along, the name's Night Scales."
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu May 22, 2014 3:46 pm

Scales:
"Sgt Cobalt. Lead the way Detective."

Cobalt follows you out of Town Hall. Though your first instinct is to fly, a grunt and a point to his back remind you that he is an Earth Pony. So, you begin walking. Going the land route takes a little while longer than the sky route, as you haven't really taken it before. It is a good 10 minutes before you arrive at the house. Mercilessly, you don't encounter any zombies on the way. Nor do you encounter Kanen at any point.

At this point while I'm posting as much as possible, I am also eschewing timelines. So for simplicity's sake, we can say that Scales gets back probably after what everyone else does next.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Thu May 22, 2014 4:01 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:"No key, and I don't have the type of power needed to break-though the lock without a surge." Gearick observed, rubbing his chin as he thought through the process. "I could try and weaken the ring and break it, but I don't want to upset the guard any more than necessary. In fact it might be best to wait for them to come back so we can discuss with them what's going on, as well as help one another."

"Would you be able to cast a cloud walking spell? I could just go by myself, but I don't think we want to spend all night with him hanging from the ceiling."
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu May 22, 2014 5:00 pm

"Spells aren't my thing... but a cloud-walking spell is quite a typical spell, especially when your an engineer." Gearick said, turning to the cloud that the unicorn was hanging from. "So I should be able to do this..." Closing his eyes, Gearick focused his magic, trying to cast the spell, hoping he remembered how to cast it, as he had cast it a few times before.

Acrana:
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  deonte9109 Thu May 22, 2014 11:46 pm

"Damndamndamn." Kanen curses and says some other more colorful words. He runs over and attempts to carry the young foal.
"Just hold still ok? Imma try to carry you to someplace where you can get fixed."
deonte9109
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri May 23, 2014 2:06 am

Kanen:
The Foal continues to cry as you pick him up, but doesn't fight you. The other ponies continue to approach.

Gearick:
While at first it seems the spell somehow fails, you manage to pull it off. A magical light shimmers around the hooves of the Zombie pony. One of his legs kicks in reflex, but otherwise he remains still.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Fri May 23, 2014 3:44 am

Storm let out a breath he didn't even know he was holding.

"Okay.  Lets get him on this thing."

Storm moves to get him on the cloud.  He grabs a bedsheet and wraps the pony and cloud around, so that it can't move.

"One more thing.  These were the ingredients originally involved in the cure.  Water, sugar, red oak, and the blue moon poison itself."

Storm removes the sugar and red oak from his saddle bags and gives them to Bells.

"Lastly.  One of either Gearick or Dodger should stay with Bells and the other should come with me.  Who wants to do what?"

* Storm lost Red Oak
* Storm lost Sugar
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri May 23, 2014 12:07 pm

"I'll stay, the guard should be coming back soon, and having been a member of the guard until very recently, I think I'll be the best of us to communicate with them." Gearick said, not really mentioned which department he had been in was different from normal guard duties, no need to worry the others after all.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Brony 7 of 9 Fri May 23, 2014 12:39 pm

"Indeed, I should go," said Dodger. "The guards are much more likely to listen to Gearick than some common pony like me."
Brony 7 of 9
Brony 7 of 9
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  deonte9109 Fri May 23, 2014 1:18 pm

"Hey now you're gonna be fine kid. Tell what's your name?" Kanen says as he begins to takeoff for Figure Head's house.
deonte9109
deonte9109
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next