Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Final Prize [OOC]

+5
Crystalite
mjh6
Dusk Raven
Xel Unknown
ZamuelNow
9 posters

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

The Final Prize [OOC] - Page 12 Empty Re: The Final Prize [OOC]

Post  sunbeam Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:24 pm

Alright, my vote is that we throw caution to the winds and go for full-on damage. We clearly can't outpace their exponential damage output. But then, it doesn't change my actions at all, so I don't know how much my vote really counts here.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:26 pm

I'm pretty much doing as much damage as I can, but your right. Even with our weakness stacking and healing their ramping it up too quickly. We need to finish them in four turns at least, otherwise we're toast. 2 rounds preferably.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:00 pm

I'm quietly worried that Acoustic will literally die. On a related note, I just checked and we die at 100 fatal HP, so at the very least we can probably resurrect him slightly and let him heal himself the rest of the way.

If we do lose this, we can all take vicarious pleasure in the fact that this fight is playing out exactly as Zamuel expected it to, and he probably feels so proud right now.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:44 pm

Alright then.

Huh, like sunbeam maximizing my damage output involves doing exactly what I was doing. Too bad next turn is a recharge turn for me...

I am so picking up Sparkblade next level up (assuming we live that long)
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:04 am

For reference that previous round would have done 200 damage total not including however much damage the ongoing does if not for the weakness. I think the crystals power up based on how much damage we do to them.
If we go full damage I can inflict 50 ongoing damage this round and 25 next round but that would mean completely dropping the healing and probably dying next time the crystals attack. If I go full healing I can heal 100 damage this round and 50 next while avoiding energy gain or additional actions of course that pales to the amount of damage the crystals are doing.
On the other hand Acoustic dying means that someone else can play and if nobody who wants to play appears I can create another build and see how that works or have another crack at going full healer with a different concept, maybe with a companion.
So I think we should go full damage and try to take out the crystals, Acoustic will probably die anyway but if we can take out the crystals quickly then atleast other party members will survive.
Although I did just have the thought that the battle is designed to take a specific number of rounds while the crystals essentially reflect our damage back at us but like Sunbeam said we can take vicarious pleasure in the fight going the way Zamuel predicted and that we did that much damage, I'm fairly sure 52 weakness in addition to damage is something unprecedented by the system.

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:21 pm

Hey, I just noticed something. Sunbeam hasn't been activating his challenges against the crystals. Is there a reason for that?

edit: wait, I figured it out now, nm.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:37 pm

Alright, Math time. I haven't done this in ages.

Fortunately the crystals telegraph their pattern. We're looking at negligible (50 or less) damage to Supernova and Evil eye, and significant damage to Living Lightning and Acoustic. First and foremost, if the crystals bump up their damage increments fro 40 to 50, we are so dead. But given that they've taken to dealing ongoing damage instead of increasing the direct damage, I don't think they're going to do that. Also, if they abruptly explode in two turns in a row, we are completely dead, but that seems generally unlikely. With those assumptions in mind...

Living Lightning breakdown:
Living Lightning took Ongoing 5, so he only has armor 5 for this turn. He's clearly headed for 3*40=120 damage at least, along with the x-factor of more ongoing. Fortunately, he saved against his current ongoing, so with armor 5 and 32 HP, he's only going to take 120-37=83 fatal damage, so even if he somehow gets smacked with 10 ongoing damage, It's no big deal.

Acoustic Breakdown:
Acoustic only has 23 HP (and he's about to lose 3 of it), but Shielding Knight can give him 10 additional HP as an interrupt (I've been flavoring it as happening after the fact, but there's no reason a thunderbolt can't just fall on him). So if he's facing down 2*40=80 damage at least, he's going to take 80-30=50 fatal damage, bringing his total up to 39+50=89 fatal damage, which similarly allows him to survive even if he takes 10 ongoing damage as well. He will, however, die to 15 ongoing, but given that LL is getting hit with the three-peat and not Acoustic, that seems unlikely. However, a combination of 10 ongoing and his trait will tip him over the edge, which means that we pretty much have to heal him. Fortunately, he has 4 Healing energy stored up for just such an occasion, and can split a Divine Light between LL and himself, ensuring that neither of us actually die to something unexpected.

So at the start of the next turn, we have two party members down. Living Lightning, if revived, can use Conduit one more time, which is less than ideal considering that we have two turns to work with. He can also heal someone a little with Syphon Life, but that's not really worth much. If he survives the next two turns (without spending any energy excepted his practiced medicine stuff), Acoustic will have enough energy for another Amp Riser, which can probably keep at least one of us alive (though hopefully it won't come to that).

So, bottom line, this is not our last turn. We have two more to work with. We just need some combination of 2 Vampiric blades from Storm Blade and Supernova (which means between the two of you, please end the turn with at least 2 energy. Wait, Storm blade has Energetic, nevermind.), and We'll all be back on our feet and pummeling them for another two turns after this, which should be enough.

Also, Zamuel, given Living Lightning's...lack of form in response to damage...If he's ko'd I'm going to make a completely out of combat post detailing how to revive him, then take an actual turn if he is revived. It'll be fun, silly, and completely in character.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:06 pm

You know Vampiric Blade only effects the one using it, right?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:13 pm

Well, buck. I wonder where I got that mixed up. Why does anyone use that move if you can't revive comrades with it?

Alright, yeah, go ham. Acoustic has a small chance of staying awake if he drops his whole divine Light on himself, he should do that. Then if he does survive, he can revive Living Lightning.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:18 am

Hmmmm... no traits that activate on a critical roll. That's a shame, considering how often I'm hitting a crits, I was wondering if I could make a crit-chain build like in the original pony-tales, seems that's not an options sadly. Still, I do know what I'm going to be taking next level however. Vigilant (2 free Vengeance) and Crackshot (+1d6 damage a turn).

Sunbeam, are you thinking on taking the Knight’s Rebuke trait/ability at all? Considering how often you have managed to get challenge triggered, it would be an amazing ability for you, as I doubt you'll ever actually run out of uses for it. Not to mention if you use it against someone doing a multipule attack like we saw in our last enemy, you can use it to do damage on the first attack, and then trigger challenge to deal more damage and then recharge it. Later on, I'm also wondering if the 'Defend Me!' trait could be worth picking up as well, because if the guy you challenge attacks you, you can use Defend Me to make them attack someone else... and if you upgrade it, that guy can then attack as well.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:15 pm

Knight's rebuke is definitely my next choice. Sadly, I don't think it lets you overcharge uses of it, but it's still phenomenal. I'll think about defend me, but since I can't upgrade it without spending legendary points I might not go for it. I'll probably just go for toughness or Thick Skin to round out my tankiness.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:23 pm

Hmmm, good point about the Legendary Points.

Then again, what Destiny are you planning to get? Adventurer gives you 3 more Trait points.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:29 pm

I believe that is what I have listed. hm...

Also, this discussion assumes that Living Lightning survives this battle, which is still pretty up in the air.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:38 pm

Yes... I suppose that is true.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:39 pm

Well, we do have fury's crit streak going for us, at least. I'm still hoping we can kill before next turn. What Destiny do you want, fury?

Although all the death talk does remind me- what happens if one of my characters dies, Zamuel? Since they are tied to each other but separate? Does one die, or do they both die, or what?
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:03 pm

mjh6 wrote:Well, we do have fury's crit streak going for us, at least. I'm still hoping we can kill before next turn. What Destiny do you want, fury?

I dunno, Assassin and Adventurer both seem good to me. Assassin ramps up my damage, Adventurer increases my flexibility... especially as at level 7 I can possibly swap my current feature away, or I can keep it and always have my Vengance attacks as a possibility.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:53 pm

Storm Blade got the final blow. This fight was inspired by the fight against the living fire early in the Horsetron campaign.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:17 pm

Huh... well that was a surprise.

Did the crystals have Armour at the beginning, or was my crit-chains that effective?

ZamuelNow wrote:Storm Blade got the final blow. This fight was inspired by the fight against the living fire early in the Horsetron campaign.

ooooh, really? I had a little glance over it, and it did have that charge/explosion pattern.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:16 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:Did the crystals have Armour at the beginning, or was my crit-chains that effective?

This initiative style makes bloodied weird since it often happens after a clear chunk has been taken out.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:17 pm

ZamuelNow wrote:This initiative style makes bloodied weird since it often happens after a clear chunk has been taken out.

Ooooh, right right. That makes sense.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:02 am

Come on, dusk...this is evil eye's chance to seduce the mare of his dreams! Go for it!
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:05 am

I thought she was already dating the changeling? Razz

Still, I wonder when we'll get to level 3...
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:10 am

Doesn't mean he can't try and seduce her. =p
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:57 pm

I think Zamuel said we level up every three battles, maybe? That's what I've been basing all my planned switches between Supernova and Blackstar on, at least.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:32 pm

Hmmm... so, twins, mary-sue, chimera for level 1, and currently the team and the bonus fight... okay, next fight then level 3, got it.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next