Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zilean's Revenge (Part 5)

5 posters

Page 23 of 23 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 21, 22, 23

Go down

Zilean's Revenge (Part 5) - Page 23 Empty Re: Zilean's Revenge (Part 5)

Post  Azarune Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:38 pm

Zthulan chuckles sheepishly, "yeah, I never quite needed to advertise my services like this before." Looking over to the guarded tent, he lowers his voice. "do you think this place would have any defenses against magic? I could potentially try and begin looking around if need be."
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:13 pm

Rolf thinks for a moment. "...I don't know if they would have magical defenses, but I'm not sure that it'd be best right now. I don't know how much energy that kind of magic takes, and I'd prefer to save it for a more...overtly hostile situation. However, if you can send Koras to watch the tent to see when someone is leaving, that could be useful. Until then, I suggest we try doing a bit of sprucing up and shilling for your services." Rolf rubbed his hands together and cast a minor enchantment on the tablecloth to change it to a rich purple color. He then picked up the discarded sign and cast an enchantment to print the words "Zthulan's Heroic Healing" in gold lettering.

Magical Tricks:

"Jeraylia, could you help drum up a crowd for us? A little advertisement never hurt anyone."
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:15 pm

Horizon maintains his icy demeanor toward the shopkeeper. "...Maybe. We'll see. What's behind the curtain?" He asks, moving that direction.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:13 am

Ugh, I'm the worst. I keep procrastinating posting. Well, at least I get to rhyme again.

"Thought you'd never ask," Jeraylia answers, whipping out a lute in twirling flair. "One second," she says, wobbling the booth's table with her other hand. "Can never be too careful about a rickety table." Having satisfied her safety requirements, she hops up and begins strumming a jaunty jingle, her foot tapping along. A few bars in, she lifts up her resounding, practiced singing voice.

"Come one, come all! Come and get well.
He's dragon-born to heal, as you all will tell.
This shaman's amazing! His voodoo, top notch!
From ailments to injuries, or pains in your crotch.
He'll check on your chakra, and vital signs, t'boot,
and to top it all off, he'll charge the barest o' loot.
So quick-step, or hop-skip, or get your friends with a stretcher,
and come see our good doctor, for a true miracle, I'd betcha."

Having finished her song, she pants for a breath to make the closing pitch.
"Zthulan's Heroic Healing, everybody! Make your appointment today!"
Arms wave emphatically.

Roll to Sales: 25 ( 6 + 14 persuasion +  5 FK-Music )

Really, all I wanted to do was make the dragonborn to heal joke.
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:38 pm

Jeraylia and Rolf's 'advertising' entices and informs the people enough to approach. At a glance, the injuries and conditions vary: Some of them show ailments that would be cured by maintaining proper hygiene or common sense, which unsurprisingly seems to be at a lack down here. Others are aged and jaded cripples and lepers. Some resemble pirates from the scars or replacement bodyparts they have.

The whole commotion seems to have attracted the attention of the tent guard as well, who's eying the happenings there but otherwise staying put at his post.

The first 'customer' (graciously pushed to the front by a few others) asks: "How muth doth it cost to geth them fixth?", and puts three teeth (one still bloody) on the stall.

Meanwhile, at the animals-stall: "Uh, that's only fer' special shoppers... Which you very, obviously, indubitably, clearly are, of course, sir! Just, uh, well, better see fer' yerself.", he opens the curtain and leads Horizon to a selection of big (and thankfully, sturdy) cages containing big and dangerous animals: A large black bull, a spider of equal size, and a... mammal that's a bit difficult to identify, but appears to be a rodent bigger than the previous two animals.

Arcana or History to identify the animals in detail. Is Zthulan using his pet for anything?
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:19 pm

"Well, that Rodent is rather Unusually Sized.... as is the spider. What's so special about the bull that it's in the back with these two?"

4+8=12, Arcana
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:19 am

"The bull? Bets on who can ride it without getting injured the longest. And it won't fit in the other cages."

Both the rodent and the spider appear to be unusually-sized versions of ordinary animals: A venomous orb-weaver, and a hamster.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:17 am

Motioning Koras to keep watch,  Zthulan addresses his first customer with a smile.  "Nothing on particular,  perhaps the going ons in this slice of civilization.  Nothing that would jeopardize your well-being I promise. "  Grabbing the teeth and beckoning the man over Zthulan begins chanting.

Heal: 9 + 13 (Expertise) + 5 FK: Shamanistic Rituals = 27
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:27 am

The man's teeth are placed where they're supposed to go (according to him) and the healing magic is cast, causing the teeth to grow their roots and affix as if they were never removed. They're still dirty and yellowish, but appear to be perfectly healthy. The man tests them out by chomping the air. Satisfied, he says "Thank you! Uh, well, going ons? Well, most of the rascals and rodents and scoundrels went down here since the incident upstairs. Seems pretty safe since the corpses are too daft to go down stairs... Business as usual, really..."

As the man leaves, the others now start scrambling and arguing about who's next in line. Looks like they're convinced, but a bit disorderly about it.

Koras enters the tent easily, and telepathically communicates that inside are a 'large man' and a 'horned man'. They are talking, arguing and occasionally pointing and gesturing at a 'colorful glowy rock' on the table. The horned man is anxious but the large man is calm.

Magic point for Zthulan & Jerry (or a single 'roll twice, pick better result' to use within an hour, if you've already got one).
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:56 pm

"Sure...." Horizon thinks for a moment, then looks around, spotting Rolf. "Hold that thought, I'll be back." He nods at the shopkeeper, and goes to speak with the wizard privately. "So what's the news here, then? I have several ideas, ranging from high to low on the stupid and dangerous scale. Distractions abound."

Busy holidays, expect more delays from my end. Not dead yet though.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:25 am

I just finished my big out-of-home holiday time. Didn't have much time or internet for the past two weeks.

"Patience, my good sirs!" Jeraylia exclaims, attempting to gently push the potentially contagious mob into some semblance of organised alignment. "If you don't respect each other's time, how will the doctor ever ensure a clinically correct diagnosis? Pray, form an orderly queue, and we'll get you all right as rain in no time!" She starts counting.

How big is this line? Am I making promises I can't keep?
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:05 pm

Letting Jeraylia do her best to instill order, Zthulan turns to Rolf.  "Koras is telling me that there are two men inside the tent.  One is large, the other has horns.  She also is telling me there is a 'color glowy rock' on the table."
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:52 pm

"...Right. Sounds like we're on the right track." Horizon nods, satisfied, and returns to the Pet Shopkeep. "I wanna ride the bull."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:08 pm

"...Wait, a guy with horns is talking in the Boss's tent about a glowy rock? Like a tiefling? That sounds...relevant to our interests." Rolf turned to Jeraylia and Zthulan. "Is it alright if I go investigate, or do you need my help managing the line?"

Sorry for not posting in a while.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:44 pm

Zthulan looks back towards the crowd. "I'm sure me and Jeraylia can keep the order," He looks over to where Horizon walked off to. "Perhaps you should also... Synchronize with Horizon and his decision to make a distraction?"
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:47 pm

"Ride the bull? Alright!" the 'zookeeper' says excitedly, whistling loudly to grab attention of anyone who might hear. "Got another tryin' Little Big Horn! Bets are open!" he yells, causing a bunch of excitable people to approach and start betting on the duration of the 'ride' or injuries Horizon might receive. Most of the bets seem to be 'sub 15 seconds' and 'limbs broken' and other non-optimistic predictions.

"Right, now, a few rules, no injurin' or hurtin' the bull by any means, no damagin' the riding area, yer 'run' is off once you slam on the ground, and nobody's gonna bother pulling you out till the bull's calmed down. If yah' beat the record of 57 seconds, you get a percentage of the winnings. Not responsible fer' any interference spoilin' yer run eithar." the zookeeper explains to Horizon.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:03 am

Rolling to persuade jolly cooperation: 33 ( 19 + 14 persuasion )

Jeraylia strums up her lute again, inventing a new form of genre that would later become elevator music. Over this she sang,

"We appreciate your patience, so here's this rendition.
Please pay attention for our terms and conditions:
No pants, no service, that one is key,
for hygiene is extremely necessary.
Tell us the truth, for lies are unhelpful,
and your possible issues are already an armful.
Trust us, we're experts, we'll see the crux of your cause.
But ignore our advice and you'll be exempt of our clause.
And in any event of customer dissatisfaction,
constitutionalstipulationsdenyperquisitionofindemnityincircumstancesdeterminedbytheangekokgermaneprospectively.

If problems persists, go see your local cleric and thank you for seeing Zthulan's Heroic Healing!"
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:28 pm

"Fair enough, but in that case I'm not responsible for anything that gets trampled or smashed when the bull gets pissed because it can't buck me." Horizon approaches the cage, and then turns and calls back to the others. "And I get to jump the line if I get severely injured!" He takes a moment to make eye contact with Rolf, sending him a brief look, and then prepares to mount the bull.

Do we still have telepathy with each other? And what do I need to roll to:
a) Hang on and win the challenge
b) survive in case I don't
c) direct the bull towards the tent
d) break it so it lets me ride it
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:15 pm

"I...think that counts as enough of a distraction. I'll be headed off. Hopefully Horizon doesn't break a rib or worse." Rolf left the booth and tried to find a secluded area to cast Invisibility on himself. He would then head up back to the boss's tent to get a bit closer and figure out what was going on.

Activating "Stealth Mode". 2 uses remaining.

Rolling Stealth to approach tent....8 (1d20) + 6 + 10 (Stealth Mode) = 24
Rolling Perception to figure out what's happening in tent...5 (1d20) + 7 = 12

Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:59 pm

Horizon steps up, ready as one can be for such a spontaneous and dangerous idea. He climbs to the top of the pen, and then with a moment's hesitation to calculate his chances of success, slides down and sits atop the bull, grasping hold for dear life.

Alright, Horizon Does Something Stupid: Part Bull begins now.
Athletics/Acrobatics Average: (13+18) + (10+7)= 48/2= 24
I'll see what happens with that before I roll anything else...
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:24 pm

As he sits on the bull, it already starts to object a bit, but it's not until the zookeeper prods it's butt with a poker that it starts getting really wild! Holding on for dear life seems to be working, thankfully - though you're getting tossed and jostled around like crazy, you're managing to hold on to it, causing some of the rowdy audience to swear angrily as they lose their 'sub 15' bets, and the others to cheer (or boo) you on. It doesn't seem like it's going to get any easier from this point on, though!

Jerry's song is fancy and catchy enough for the rowdy patients to come to some reason and stand in a orderly line - though it seems that being able to see Horizon's 'entertainment' is also a contributing factor by preventing boredom. One by one, the patients present their cases to Zthulan - broken bones, swollen bruises, bee-stings... It seems like the medical station is a successful practice, so far! With another healer and/or helpers of similar skill and willingness to help these scoundrel, this could become a permanent feature of this hideout. If nothing goes horribly wrong, of course...

The tent guards, who are also watching the spectacle, are distracted by the commotion and let the invisible Rolf sneak into the tent effortlessly. Inside is a familiar-looking and sounding Tiefling, standing and facing a rather imposing, rugged, scarred half-orc behind a desk, using a large coffer as a seat. On the table between them, among papers and various odd knick-knacks, soap, clutter and a few fancy or morbid decorations, is what you've been looking for - the crystal that was stolen! The pair seem to be arguing a trade over it, with the Tiefling in a clearly disadvantageous position.

"Well, I'll admit, it looks impressive... But how do I know you ain't trying to scam me?", the Half-Orc asks.
"S-scam you? Why, I'm appalled! I'd never dare! I can assure you, this is a genuine article!", the Tiefling replies.
"Damn right you'd never dare, or I might just take a fancy for that ivory you've got attached on your head!"
"I-I swear, it's m-magic! Very nice! Valuable, for sure!"

First check down. Proceed onwards. Very Happy
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:30 pm

Horizon a little surer of his grip on the beast, now grabs for one of its horns, then the other, trying to steer the steer towards the flimsiest looking point on the pen wall, delivering a subtle blow to its ribs with his heel. From the crowd, it just looks liek he's adjusting his grip as he tries to propel the living battering ram at the fence....

Acrobatics: 10+10= 20
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:28 pm

Horizon manages to hold on and 'aim' the bull, though it's not a perfect maneuver: though the bull smashes against a fence wall and shakes it up majorly, causing the people next to it to be knocked back or back off, the bull isn't free, and it's still not happy with it's rider. One good solid ramming should do it, though.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:37 pm

Horizon, content with not falling off, tries again, directing the bull towards the same spot with another kick.

....11+10=21
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:52 pm

I'm afraid I'm going to have to call an end to the campaign.

I'm sorry to say that I won't be continuing the campaign. Lack of replies on both my and the other player's parts, lack of motivation/time/inspiration when it comes to updating, the game dragging on too long in-universe, and personal disillusionment have contributed to grind the game to a halt. It's been a wonderful game/campaign/story so far, but I think it's time to end it, or rather that I'm not in a position to keep it going as I originally imagined it, or to the remaining players satisfaction.

If anyone is still interested, I can post some sort of short summary on what I had planned with the game's story.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 23 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 21, 22, 23